Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver 2009/2010 applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 44>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Lupo Lupo wrote:

This is what I found today online...WinkWinkWink

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 7, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on May 7, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 4, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Vancouver Citizenship office on December 9, 2009. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you if additional information is required. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on March 26, 2010 to xxx xxx,  Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Vxx 1xx to appear and write the citizenship test on April 30, 2010 at x:xx AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Nice timing, "not bad" less than 4 months from "transfer" to test schedule phase.

Good Luck in your test Lupo
"Canada, where good people live"
Edwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:47am

LESS than.. ?

Edited by Edwa - 01 Apr 2010 at 1:48am
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Edwa Edwa wrote:

LESS than.. ?

Less than 4 months for the test schedule, not bad comparing to other CIC local office processing times isn't it?
"Canada, where good people live"
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 8:57pm
Lupo,

To be honest I think you have one of the best Vancouver timeline.  For instance ... you sent your application in May and you got your test in March already. I sent my application in April but my test is on April 22 only. You are a month ahead of April applicants.

I'm not saying that you should not be upset of your timeline but you should consider yourself lucky anyway.

Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010
Lupo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by happytaz happytaz wrote:

Lupo,

To be honest I think you have one of the best Vancouver timeline.  For instance ... you sent your application in May and you got your test in March already. I sent my application in April but my test is on April 22 only. You are a month ahead of April applicants.

I'm not saying that you should not be upset of your timeline but you should consider yourself lucky anyway.

Who said i'm upset?, I know I'm lucky, and I thank to God every day...Smile

My test it's in April 30 not March. But If you check the official time line, I'm exactly on time (12 months from receiving application, May 07,2009  -  April 30, 2010).

Edited by Lupo - 01 Apr 2010 at 10:23pm
Sent: May 7, 2009| E-cas "Received": October 21, 2009| In Process: November 4, 2009| Transferred: December 9, 2009 | Test: April 30, 2010 |
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 1:34am
Hi Happytaz,

Try this online test : http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-quiz.html
I think you will appreciate it!

Good luck!
pravlaaa3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pravlaaa3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 9:07pm
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on June 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 11, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Vancouver Citizenship office on March 12, 2010. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you if additional information is required. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 7:13pm
Hi,

D-7 before my test. I have to admit that my stress level is rising everyday. I believe that I'm ready for the test and I have gathered a lot of document in case the agent gives me an RQ.

Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 7:59pm
just take a deep breath, and relax on test day don't show any anxiety.
Just take it like any other day.
Good Luck, and we will wait to hear your experience.
inmigrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmigrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:16am
Don't worry about the test. I took the old one granted, but I was still WAAAAAAAY over prepared.
You will be fine...

Do like canvis said, take a deep breath and imagine test going well and not getting RQ :)
But in case that you do, you came prepared so you are a head of the game :)

GOOD LUCK!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 44>
  Share Topic