Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:17am
Madeira, the processing time did change, matter of fact it is now 11 months processing application received up ti Feb 14 Clap . 
Hope and pray.
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:06pm
That's a nice surprise Ileke-idi! It's getting close! If they keep it at 11 months then I'm really close. Just a bit more than a month away from getting the news!
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 6:54pm
Wow they have started processing March application already, a caregiver who sent hers March has gotten her work permit already ! Thank God by next month they Will be on April........hurrah .
Hope and pray.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:02pm
Congrats deewai. Hope your Dad is better. Did you go ahead with your plans at getting married?

Haven't talked with Carmen for quite a while. But the last I heard was she's working as a school education assistant. How about that? Nice going eh.

All the best to everybody

Originally posted by deewai deewai wrote:

hi guys! just got back from a 3-month vacation.. got my PR card with me so have to change SIN tomorrow...

carmen, j: how are you my friends?

Edited by job_seeker - 07 Feb 2011 at 12:02pm
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
deewai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deewai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:11pm
thanks j.. my dad is getting better, we shifted to alternative med. hope it works.

yes i am finally married. :) now im checking on the reqts to sponsor my husband. i don't know if i have to change my marital status and last name on my PP before i can sponsor my husband.

im on the job hunting now.. how about you? how's everything going?
received appli: July 14, 2011
started processing: August 8
Medical received

sent CENOMAR, appendix, and ORIGINAL passport: Sep 10
mmyt2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmyt2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:30pm
Hi to all , I am new to this forum ....but as everyone here have a couple of questions and I need to find answersConfused. So, I came to Canada as a live-in -caregiver over 2 years ago, I applied for PR on December 2010 no news, no letters, just nothing from THEM........I got married  a couple of month ago and it is really hard to live apart coz we live in different cities (I did not know the process take 11 month to get OWP)I was hoping to receive an OWP in May. I am thinking maybe I should apply under family class( as a spouse)?  But the question is whether this will affect my care-giver application

Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by mmyt2003 mmyt2003 wrote:

Hi to all , I am new to this forum ....but as everyone here have a couple of questions and I need to find answersConfused. So, I came to Canada as a live-in -caregiver over 2 years ago, I applied for PR on December 2010 no news, no letters, just nothing from THEM........I got married  a couple of month ago and it is really hard to live apart coz we live in different cities (I did not know the process take 11 month to get OWP)I was hoping to receive an OWP in May. I am thinking maybe I should apply under family class( as a spouse)?  But the question is whether this will affect my care-giver application

By the time you apply for family class, your processing time will be close already, so just wait it out cos processin time for family class is 9-10 . So better don't start all over . The processing time for lcp is now 10-11 .
Hope and pray.
mr_nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 7:19pm
hi all.e have only one question and hope it will give me some answer.just they  i have asked my wife to pay 520$ and do not understand why this, or are perhaps now with the visa process has started in embassies and is sent to any positive decision regarding my visa? hope it will give me any answers
Chichi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 9:30pm
Hi Guys,I am new in this forum,but I was reading the post and I am realized I am in the same situation like you but I just quit my job 2 weeks age, I was working for the same employer for three years but without shedule,anyways,finally I could not do this anymore so I quit.

My concerns are 1. I applied for the PR last may, they open my file in July after that I do not have new from them anymore.

2.what happen if to find a new job take me too long/??? they can denied me the PR??

3. I did not applied for OPEN WORK PERMIT..so now I have to find a family who can sponsor me again until to get the PR

WHAT could I do if they call my ex employer?? they could denied it because I am not have job right now???

Those day I am under so much stress and depression because I was leaving with a person who make me work for long hours and make my live too sad.

I do not what to do now, I am desperate looking for a family to work,but it take time.

Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:19am
@Chichi

You should get your AIP by April but how come you didn't apply for OWP ? Anyways since you completed your 24 months under LCP , there shouldn't be problem except if your employer didn't pay your taxes . You need LMO to be able to work with another employer and that might take time, by that time you would have gotten your AIP . God bless .
Hope and pray.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475>
  Share Topic