Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visa sponsored by common law partner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visa sponsored by common law partner
    Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:35pm

I have a partner in Halifax and we recently got our immigrant visa. She sponsored me under the provincial nominee program. I will be flying there on sept. 7 but just recently, I found out that she cheated on me and we officially eneded our relationship. Can I still use my visa? Also, am I required to live in Halifax or could I go to another province instead?

yoga
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:45am
If she sponsored you as family class, then you are NOT allowed to land with that visa.

When you go to land, you will be asked if your relationship status changed. You will have to stay yes, which no longer entitles you to PR status.

Anything else is a lie and can have huge legal consequences, the least of which is deportation.

If you want to come to Canada, I highly suggest looking into other ways of doing so
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic