Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - International student at USA want to visit Canada
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

International student at USA want to visit Canada

 Post Reply Post Reply
Message Reverse Sort Order
azfar2gr8 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfar2gr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International student at USA want to visit Canada
    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:23pm
Hello all,

I am having Indian Nationality with Indian valid passport till 15th October 2018. I came to USA on tourist visa (B1/B2). I change my status in USA from tourist to student(F1),I do not have student visa(F1) stamping of visa on my passport but do have valid i20 now I want to visit my wife at Canad who is Canadian Citizen. I have read on may forms that if I let the emigration officer at Canada border know that I am married to Canadian citizen they can make me return back you USA. If that is NOT true can I drive with my wife(Canadian Citizen) in my car crossing Canadian borders? 
Driving to borders will be good decision or flying to Canada?
Any tips to be taken consider by going throw emigration?
I do have my sister in Canad on open work permit too so if officer ask me reason to visit Canad should I say seeing her(my sister) or my wife(if I travel to Canada by my self) as while applying visitor visa reason was mention visiting my wife as didn't got more time to spend as my college classes were going on after wedding taken place.

Thank You.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down