Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Teaching in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamalkapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 12:01pm
To earn 70 k is very difficult here brother.

kamal
shampy2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampy2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:43pm
Hello Sea Horse

If i would be you and making 72000$ US per year... I guess , i will not leave my current job and will be hunting somewhere  else during recession time of the year :P

It's not that easy making around 75000CAD per year in canada, but doctors they are highly paid in canada..

SEA HORSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEA HORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 1:50am
THANX GUYS. THESE WERE EXACTLY MY FEARS COS MIDDLE EAST DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE AFFECTED MUCH BY RECESSION & PAY PACKAGES ARE RISING. IT SEEMS MY VISA WOULD COME BY SOON FOR CANADA BUT I WAS VERY SCARED ABOUT QUITTING MY CURRENT JOB FOR AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE.
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 1:12pm
Just my 2 cents...

Taking a step of faith is always a difficult thing ~ ultimately you have to see what matter most to you, money or a life or whatever is the underlying factor. I was making a great income, just like you SeaHorse, in Dubai.

When I came to Canada I had to start almost at the bottom of the rung with a $12 per hour contract job (12+ years ago). As time went by, I not only started making what I was making in Dubai, but surpassed it and making a 6-figure income.

From my perspective, I never felt a sense of belonging in the UAE. It was like a place of transition. I had everything going for me. In fact, when I handed my resignation, my boss tried to keep me back with another salary increase and promotion, but I had my eyes set on Canada.

Also, another factor you need to consider is that as we are getting older, the further we delay the process the more difficult it comes to integrate into a new country and culture.

Yes there is a recession going on, but Canada is one of the great economies and has held up better than most of the countries including the US. There is uncertainty everywhere, in fact in places like the middle east, the uncertainty is even greater because if you lose your job, you have to (pretty much for sure) return to your own country.

Having said so, you have to be cognizant of fact that change is not easy and the move to Canada will not be easy either. Change as, I've experienced it, is never easy and demands courage and perseverance, but has it's great rewards. The important thing is to remain focused and motivated.

This is just my humble opinion, though I can speak out of experience having been in similar shoes and taking the step of faith with no guarantees, but no regrets either.

Hope this helps...I recently wrote an article on staying positive and motivated, you may find it useful. Here is the URL.

All the best!

Edited by ajgodinho - 21 Nov 2010 at 1:16pm
SEA HORSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEA HORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 1:47pm
I GUESS I NEEDED THIS MOTIVATIONAL TALK. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AFTER A LONG TIME AJ. YOU'VE STRENGTHENED MY RESOLVE AGAIN.
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 7:43pm
You're welcome, SeaHorse...I know it can be discouraging along the way. I had many situations (roadblocks) during my journey, that made me question my decision to come to Canada, but as they say hindsight is 20/20 - you'll do fine! Thumbs Up

Originally posted by SEA HORSE SEA HORSE wrote:

I GUESS I NEEDED THIS MOTIVATIONAL TALK. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AFTER A LONG TIME AJ. YOU'VE STRENGTHENED MY RESOLVE AGAIN.

Edited by ajgodinho - 21 Nov 2010 at 7:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic