Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Study permit for me and OWP for my husband
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study permit for me and OWP for my husband

 Post Reply Post Reply
shehzadi.216 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Location: Pakistan
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shehzadi.216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study permit for me and OWP for my husband
    Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:17am
Greetings fellows,

I'm planning to go to canada for my Phd in Religion studies/Comparative Religions. I am currently in the final semester of my M.Phill Comparative religion program in Pakistan. It will end in may 2016 and im planning to join in the september 2016 intake. I have norrowed down my search to 2 universities in toronto but before I start i wanted to ask you fine people for sugessions. 

Im 28 years old and Ive had no gap in my studies since secondary school. I have never applied for a visa to any country or traveled outside my home country. I need to know the very basics of getting a study visa for canada since im at the very first step of this process. I will be applying with my husband who will apply either a TRV or an OWP with me. Please advise which option is easy. Please also note that my husband has been refused a canadian TRV twice, once in 2006 while he was studying in the UK (reason: need to apply from your home country) and the second time in 2007 when he came to pakistan to extend his UK study visa (reason: ties to your home country). He was granted a 2 year study visa to the UK but still got refused for a canadian TRV. 

following are our current details;


I have never been employed anywhere where as my husband is currently working at his fathers real estate company. he can either show himself as an employee or a business owner. Please advise which option is the best. both option are available for him but we need to know which option will give us a high percentage in getting our visa. the company my father in law runs is a registered company with all tax papers available. my husband can either start paying taxes by registering as a full time employee so that he can get his pay slips for 6 months and the bank statement reflecting his employment or he can get the ownership of the business changed to his name to show himself as a business owner. Please advise which option will be the best. 


Once i get the offer letter from my desired university, I need to know whether i have to pay a whole years fee in advance or just the first semesters fee of nothing. please note that we can pay the whole years fee in advance if required. We will apply for a visa in may/june 2016 and by that time we will have a bank statement of approx CAN$ 65K-70K. My tuition fee will be approx CAN$ 8000 per year. will our bank statement be enough for this ??/ please advise whether this will be enough or should we add more money in our account. Please also advise that if we should have a joint account or separate accounts.

Language requirement:

I have never taken any english test in my life but the mode of education was English since 1st grade to this date. I dont have any problems taking an english test but please let me know if tht is compulsory for me and my husband or just me. and by the way dont judge my english language proficiency by this thread lol  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

These are the basic info regarding our status and please do ask me anything which i have missed out. I am hoping tohear a quick reply from you guys ASAP. have a nice day.

Regards....  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down