Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Study permit extension (returning student)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study permit extension (returning student)

 Post Reply Post Reply
samjam View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 03 May 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study permit extension (returning student)
    Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:56am
I had moved to Canada for an associates program at a college in Vancouver in 2014 , after spending about 2 and a half years over there, i came back to India to see my family in between the semester without a valid TRV (temporary resident visa) for a short while. I tried to get a TRV in India, but they denied it even when i had a valid study permit for another 6 months. I was in my last few semesters when i came back. 

As my permit had expired in the coming months, i had to apply for a new study permit which got refused twice. The first time i didn't appear for a new IELTS exam but the second time i did and used a representative, but it got refused again as unfortunately, the embassy said they didn't receive my IELTS and other educational documents. They did not mention it in the refusal letter or did not even ask for them through email, but i found that out from the CAIPS notes(the actual visa file). Hence, i have applied again now to a non SPP college because my previous college won't accept me as i had been on probation from the last couple of semesters. It has been about 7 weeks since i applied and still no response on my cic account. 

I returned home in October 2016 and have been struggling with getting an approval since then. I believe i have not violated any law my visiting my family without a TRV and their must be some way to convince the embassy to let me continue my diploma.

Is there any way i can hire a lawyer to appeal for a fair trial of my case, in other words what would be the best possible solution to this? If anyone out there has any advice to help me get an approval, i would really appreciate it. 

Thanks a lot for taking the time time to address the query.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down