Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire - Question 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire - Question 6
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:21pm
Hello all,

Sorry if this question might be repetitive, but I tried searching before posting, and I think the search function might be having problems since it always gives me 'error' as the search result...

Anyway, my query concerns question #6 of the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire - 'Give any additional details describing the circumstance of your first meeting with your sponsor.'

Do you think that CIC is looking for:

a) Details of what happened at the first meeting, or

b) Details of how the first meeting came about?

Thanks in advance for your input.
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:34pm
Details of the meeting itself, you can combine the 2 perhaps such as, after chatting online for 3 months, gertrude and I decided to meet up at the local pizza hut. We met up at 2pm on the 1st of sep 09, well it was supposed to be 2pm but the bus was delayed as the driver took the wrong turn and got stuck under the bridge.

The point is it is about the leading up to and the meeting, you see the difference between the above and the following.

I met gertrude through a mutual friend in the local pub, he had told me she was looking to marry someone to gain entry to Canada and was willing to pay me $50,000.

Ok, so the examples may be somewhat far fetched, but the general idea is to give some clue as to your meeting and the start of the relationship, there would obviously be no question as to why one would try to start a relationship after stating, it was perhaps love at first sight, but questions would may arrise as to why a second meeting would take place if the answer was, there was no physical attraction on the first day, in fact there was no attraction whatsoever, we found very little to talk about.

And yes, the search feature on this site is knackered.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:47pm
Thanks readeagle, I think I understand your point.  Our original answer was a detailed account of the first meeting only (i.e. I landed at XXX time & she was waiting for me. We met up with the rental car guy. We drove to XXX to have a late dinner. She accompanied me to check into my hotel. We talked for a bit & then she left to go home at XXX time.).

So maybe instead I should summarize that and add a quick timeline of how we ended up having that 1st meeting.  Crap... hehehe.

PS... I did purposefully use XXX since I'm assuming you'll have a comical response for that... hehehe.  Take care.

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/17-Start Manila
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/16-Visa received!
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 1:07am
How's this?  Opinions?

My sponsor found me on a dating website in early 3/08. We proceeded to write each other weekly after that, then on to having regular webcam chats in 4/08. He suggested in late 5/08 that he would travel to my country later in the year to meet me. He booked his flight in 7/08, and then chose his hotel in 8/08, for a trip in 11/08. I waited for his arrival at the airport, after which we had our first dinner together, and then he checked into his hotel. We talked for a while about plans for the next day, and then I went home for the evening.

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/17-Start Manila
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/16-Visa received!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 1:26am
Mine was similar to your second one, though I did say I would leave to the IO's imagination what happened that night, sorry I have a sence of humour, whether they do or not I dont know, we will find out soon lol.

As for the xxx'x I already stated in another post, that sending kisses may or may not be a good idea
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic