Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sponsor while having a PR in another country
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sponsor while having a PR in another country

 Post Reply Post Reply
fornarina View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fornarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sponsor while having a PR in another country
    Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 11:29am

my husband is Canadian citizen, I am German.
We decided to live together in Canada and we have send the application for the permanent residency a few months ago. We have chosen the spousal sponsorship from outside Canada. My husband has been already agreed as a sponsor in Mississagua, since he lives in Quebec we have to send our apllication kit to his province. I wanted to live with him in Canada while we wait for my permanent residency but when I was at the airport I only got the right to stay for 3 months. This is why my husband has come to Germany with me now, unfortunately he does not have the right to stay here more than 3 months without as a tourist. For that reason we would like to make a permanent residency in Germany so that we can be together untill I have received the right to live in Canada. 

Here my question:

Do we need to inform the Canadian embassy in Berlin or the Immigration office in Quebec or in Mississagua about the fact that he is going to do the permanent residency in Germany ?

We can remember that is was necessary to fill out that Canada is his only country of residency in order to sponser me. In consequence we thought only to ask for a permanent resideny for approximately 9 months, because we think I could have my proper one in Canada within that period of time.

Can this retard or even lead to refuse of our my permanent residency in Canada?

We would really appreciate it a lot if anyone could give us some advice.

Back to Top
Forestmember View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 123
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:44am
I do not know what will happen if he choses to become permanent resident of Germany as things become complicated. However, you can come to Canada to stay for the 3 months without a visa. If you want to remain in Canada with him for good (before the PR is approved) you can still do it because under the immigration act, spouses who enter Canada legally can stay with their spouse even if they do not currently hold a valid Canadian visa. 

Therefore, I suggest you come to Canada on the 3 months visa, and continue to live afterwards. That makes things simpler than making him (the sponsor) move out of Canada to live with you in Germany. If your intention however is to live for good in Germany, then withdraw your application and save your money.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down