Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Renewal of PR Card for Non-Resident accompanying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Renewal of PR Card for Non-Resident accompanying

 Post Reply Post Reply
cookiemaster View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 05 May 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renewal of PR Card for Non-Resident accompanying
    Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:15am
Renewal of PR Card for Non-Resident accompanying a Canadian Citizen Family Member

Hello Everyone,

Have searched on this forum and elsewhere on the google, but could not find any answer and hence posting here, since it is related question but slightly different

Here is the Question / Scenario

Me (Canadian Citizen) and my wife (PR Card Holder) have been living outside Canada now for 4 years

1- Since we are living outside Canada, and have no ties or income from Canada, we (both of us) have not applied for any tax returns

2- Now my wife has to renew her PR card,  and in the form => Application for a Permanent Resident Card [IMM 5444] (PDF, 858.76 KB) <=
on page 3, it mentions a Tick Box: Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency CRA

Now, searching CIC website

Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years

Include the following with your application:

Your most recent Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two (2) years. Note: You can view (and print) your tax return, as well as other personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.

Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): If you include your Notice of Assessment, you authorize CIC to verify with CRA the information you have provided – Check “Yes”. If you do not have a printed copy of your NOA, you can access and print a copy directly from the CRA website using the My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.

Now my question
1- Do we need to apply for Tax returns ?
2- What needs to be done ?

Second Part is about UCI
since my wife never renewed her PR, and this her first time, so we don't have UCI number, so please correct my understanding, --> this means we can leave UCI number blank or write N/A (not applicable)

What is a UCI?

UCI stands for “unique client identifier.” It is also known as a client identification number (client ID). It appears on official documents you get from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It has four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

If you are applying to CIC for the first time, you will not yet have a UCI. If so, and you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to input “N/A,” leave the space blank.

Can anyone help in these two issues. Appreciate it. Thanks
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down