Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9980
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 12:49pm

Topic: student visa_delayed?
Posted By: Sel735
Subject: student visa_delayed?
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:19pm
Hello,

I am from the Philippines and I am currently applying for a student visa. I have submitted my application last Mar 30. I have also taken my medical exam last May 7, and as per the clinic, they have submitted my medical exam results to the embassy last May 22. It said on the letter that I should not follow up until 30 days have passed from the initial medical exam.

It has been been more than a month now and still no word from the embassy. Whenever I call the call center, they just say it is still "in process" and when I email inquiries I don't receive any response. Should I be worried or is my understanding of the 30 days from initial medical exam incorrect? Could it be that they found something wrong with my application which is why it's taking this long? Is there a maximum number of days/weeks for the embassy to return your passport prior to the start of your classes?

My school starts July 9 by the way, and I have an orientation on July 3. Would really appreciate your response on the matter. Thank you!

Print Page | Close Window