Forum Name: Visit Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=964
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:13am

Topic: How to stop a visa to Canada??
Posted By: Toronto girl
Subject: How to stop a visa to Canada??
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 12:47am
For starters I only need help and suggestions on how to keep someone out of the country.  I do not want to be judged.  My husband went to Thailand and met a much younger girl.  She is one of the girls that you hire for your night time entertainment, bar girl, girl for hire.  He claims to be in love and he also claims that she is not using him.  I don't know all the details, however we have children together and I don't want this sort of woman around my family.  For starters if Canadian immigration knew of her job there and does not have a job to return home to would that cause them to decline her visa.  My Ex husband is sending money all the time and I can not help but feel that she will take advantage of him.  Please advise me what I can do to keep her out.....

-------------
Toronto Girl

Replies:
Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:08am

You can report her name (and it would help to include her date of birth and or other identity information) to law enforcement or CBSA as a criminal seeking entry into Canada. Or make up just about anything that would identify her as a security risk. Of course you could be facing various consequences, including legal ones, if you cannot prove the truth of any derogatory statements you make about her. And your efforts might of little effect unless you have real proof.

I suspect that is the key, what you can "prove."

There are ways, too, to interfere with his sponsorship of her as a spouse . . . if that is what is at stake . . . but again, to do so you really need some hard proof that she is a security risk to Canada.

I do not think there is any way to block her entry to Canada because you feel she is a moral risk to your children personally. If that is the issue, you can go to the court overseeing child support, custody, and visitation to obtain an appropriate order that would protect your children. But there too, of course, you will need some hard proof.

I should note, if you have proof she has engaged in criminal activity, that would make her inadmissible to Canada. You simply give that information to CBSA and that should suffice. If it is adequate proof (case number, date, name of court in which conviction took place for example), it should not be a big deal.

If you cannot prove she is a criminal, or otherwise "inadmissible," I doubt there is any way you can ethically let alone legally block her from coming to Canada. In such a case your recourse will be limited to protecting your children through the court handling custody and visitation matters . . . assuming you meet the applicable standards of proof of course. You really need a lawyer to do this.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Posted By: Carmenuta
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 6:09pm
No one can deport someone from Canada, but the people in that position (the immigration officers) and such. Common people can't do that do other common people. You can only report these people to the police and that if they really "attack" your family and such. The one thing you could probably do, if you're separated is to put a restraining order on both your ex and his girlfriend. What you're asking for is unreasonable from any stand point of view, to keep someone out of the country just on that grounds you don't want that type of a woman around your family ( I understand you're where you're coming from but it's not in your power to decide who to come here and who not to come). You do need a lawyer.

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Posted By: me-and-dog
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 6:38pm
Let him lick the bottom layer of the river and he will realize himself but u cannot stop him.

Posted By: rbenoit
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 8:50am
UUUMMMMMMM.....
If no one else is going to say it plain and simple.....
He is your EX....

Mind your own business....

Simple.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:22pm
thank you "user name dpenabill"  but what is a CBSA?

Also replying to user name "rbenoit"  At the start of my forum I did ask not to be judged but apparently you can't read......  Would you allow your young children to be around a person that believes it is ok to sell her body for s*x.  maybe in some cultures that is ok but not in Canadian culture.  Perhaps you don't have children or don't care who has an influance on your children, but I sure do.  So it is my business.  I don't want my EX back and I do hope he meets a nice lady that will be a good influance around my children.  Don't tell me to mind my own business where my children are involved.  Any caring parent would be concerned and it is very MUCH MY BUSINESS.  So if you don't care who may be around your kids...then maybe you are the one with the problem.

-------------
Toronto Girl

Posted By: edmotonresident
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 12:55am
Those girls lure north american men just to access the country, then they kick them out once they are here, so let him taste this hell... then after, he'll seek your mercy

-------------
"Canada, where good people live"

Posted By: IslandGirl
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:04am
Actually, prostitution is legal in Canada
With that, IF he succeeded in sponsoring her to Canada AND he applied for/received visitation - then you take it up with the court at that time.

However, unless there is a danger to the kids, you really have no say what he does with them on his time - just like, unless there is a danger to the kids, he can't tell you what to do/who to see when they are with you.
Goose & gander situation
The courts will tell you the same thing.

Originally posted by Toronto girl Toronto girl wrote:

Also replying to user name "rbenoit"  At the start of my forum I did ask not to be judged but apparently you can't read......  Would you allow your young children to be around a person that believes it is ok to sell her body for s*x.  maybe in some cultures that is ok but not in Canadian culture.  Perhaps you don't have children or don't care who has an influance on your children, but I sure do.  So it is my business.  I don't want my EX back and I do hope he meets a nice lady that will be a good influance around my children.  Don't tell me to mind my own business where my children are involved.  Any caring parent would be concerned and it is very MUCH MY BUSINESS.  So if you don't care who may be around your kids...then maybe you are the one with the problem.

-------------
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
http://tinyurl.com/ydsvlx4 - My previous profile

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:15pm

Who are you to asked not to be judged.
Since you are judging others you will also be judged.
Where is your proof this girl is a prostitute?
I doubt you have any and even if she is who are you to judge her. You dont know what its like to live in a 3rd world country in poverty. Maybe she has no choice and is a wonderful person with no choice.
Whose to say the next boyfriend you bring home isnt a child molester. You think it is tatooed on peoples faces who and what they are.
When you point the finger at others remember 3 fingers are pointing back at you.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:34pm
This is getting interesting.....I do have proof, I would never have looked for advice if I didn't.  I suspected what had happened in thailand and through many conversations my Ex told me the truth.  I also have it is writting.  You're right though, maybe whom ever I date could be bad to my children, but I will start out with getting to know him and not introduce him to my children until I have a very good understanding of this person.  There is no way of protecting your children from everything unless you put them in a bubble.  However when you have prior knowledge of someones history and that hisotry could affect their up bringing you just need to step in and protect them.  Yes it is sad what goes on in third world countries.  Many people who are lonely will turn to these places as they don't want to be alone and can't find someone in their own counrty.  In some cases the men know that he is getting used for his money or she wants out of her country.  he wants a young girl or any girl and she wants a better life.  If both parties know that they are being used....then more power to them.  My Ex however is a great man and I know if given some time he will find a great women with the same beliefs and same culture.  I don't want him used or hurt.  I've spoken to many men over a period of time who have been taken advantage by women from these countries and they are all very sad stories.  They all thought it was true love until they brought them here.  I just hope that my Ex and this women are not one of those satistics. 

-------------
Toronto Girl

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:37pm
Also I still would like to know what a CBSA is if anyone knows.  I think my views are clear and no futher reply is necessary, but if you would like the last kick at the cat go for it.... you know who you are :)

-------------
Toronto Girl

Posted By: IslandGirl
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:52pm
CBSA = Canadian Border Services Agency

I stand by my post however

Also I still would like to know what a CBSA is if anyone knows.  I think my views are clear and no futher reply is necessary, but if you would like the last kick at the cat go for it.... you know who you are :)

-------------
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
http://tinyurl.com/ydsvlx4 - My previous profile

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:05pm
Thank you Island Girl for answering my question, but I referring to someone else making a final reply Smile

-------------
Toronto Girl

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 12:54pm
It would seem you have already made up your mind to do whatever it is you are or are not going to do. Your judgement has already been rendered and the gavel has dropped.
We should not be judging others by their past. I know many people who have met and married woman from foreign countries and sure there are a few that dont work out and there are many that do. Some may be a scam to land in this country and many are legitimate. It is not up to you or me or anyone else to interfere in the choices other people make. They will have to live with their decisions, good or bad.  I still stand by my first comment. Perhaps with the exception of your children his relationship/choice of relationship is not your business. They are, after all, his children to so I doubt he would do anything that would endanger them.
Who's to say this as you claim "former bar girl" being given a chance at a normal life with a foreigner might end up being the best partner and future wife your ex could ever possibly imagine having. Heck, you and your ex didnt work out. Maybe they will.
You dont know. I dont know.

Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 1:43pm
I was going to leave this alone but I have to say something.

Thai bar girls get a bad rap unfairly. Many of them are from very small towns and have extremely limited opportunities for a good life. And as hard as it may be for some of us to believe, being a bar girl is in fact their only way out of a desperate, poor and dead end existance. They aren't bad people. Instead, they're normal people just like us who have had to make impossible choices. They are also human - and consequently they are just as capable of falling in love as the rest of us.

As a Canadian-born female, Thai bar girls remind me how lucky I am to have the opportunities and life I have. It's something that none of us should take for granted.

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 3:03am
IslandGirl correctly identified "CBSA" as the "Canadian Border Services Agency."
See: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

They are the agency charged with responsibility for ensuring the security and prosperity of Canada by managing the access of people and goods to and from Canada.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Print Page | Close Window