Print Page | Close Window

Outland December/January/February

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=957
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:06pm

Topic: Outland December/January/February
Posted By: nahscarp
Subject: Outland December/January/February
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:00pm
Greetings All,

Couldn't find any time-lines for the Jan '10 month, so was wondering if there are people who would like to share their time-lines for the mentioned 3 months window. So here it goes -

Background -
Filed own PR application - July 18, 2008
Got Engaged in India      - Jan 28, 2009
Became PR                      - Aug 12, 2009
Got Married in India        - Nov 27, 2009
Return to Canada           - Dec 26, 2009                                    (Wife stayed in India)

Sponsorship Application progress so far -
Jan 19, 2010 - Sent to CPC-M
Jan 21, 2010 - Rcvd by CPC-M

Now just waiting...

Replies:
Posted By: SWEETG
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:10pm

Hi nahscarp, we started our process in december. Application sent to London, now hoping they start processing soon....

-------------
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
Hey SWEETG,

That's great. Congrats on passing the first hurdle....

Based on the posts/feedback of different members, I understand that it takes 3-4 weeks to know whether you are approved as an eligible sponsor. So some more time to wait...

Just wondering, how did they intimate you about the approval? Any letter, or showing your file on eCAS, or ...? I tried using my Fees Receipt number in conjunction with other details to check the status, but found nothing.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:20am
well, give it at least 3-4 weeks before you can maybe see a response on ECAS, you will need your receipt number, you the sponsor's last name and date of birth and your country of birth.

We saw it on ECAS 2days after they had approved it. and got the letter less than a week later....

lets keep all our digits crossed and keep praying for the next steps....hope you get news soon.

-------------
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm
Thanks SWEETG....

Am I the only one who applied in Jan this year? No others to share their time-lines?

Posted By: bflava
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm

For some reason , i believe that the Dec 09 and Jan 10 applicants are not a lot... What do u think guys...

I feel the last week of DEC applicant are not many.. mmm

Good luck to everyone

Posted By: OMOSapiens
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 11:09pm
Background -
Got Married in Canada    - June 26, 2009
Return to Canada           - Oct 10, 2009                                    (Wife stayed in India)

Sponsorship Application progress so far -
Dec, 23 2009 - Sent to CPC-M
Dec, 24 2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Jan, 19 2010  - Decision Made

Sponsor approved. Application sent to Rome.
Still nothing on the online survey website

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:17am
Omosapiens, where why is our application going to Rome? if I may ask

bflava:well lets hope its a good thing that not many people have applied so that they can process our cases faster....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:53am
SWEETG, well lets hope it all works out quick, the wait is a killer.. i thought about the wait but i am now experiencing it...

Nehscarp, I will ay give yrs till about the 15 th of FEB maximum.... to get 1st stage of approval. also if after 2 weeks of mailing you dont here or get anything back it means yr application is ok and ready to process as they will check for little mistakes and things like that. I was told/advice on..

Good luck guys.. is a boring game and one has to look on here everyday but is fun to have nice guys like you around.

good luck all

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

Omosapiens, where why is our application going to Rome? if I may ask

Because 'm italian

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:59pm
and your wife is indian? omosapiens? sorry for prying....just a bit confused....

-------------

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 4:54pm
My husband and I sent our application to Mississauga 01/28

I'll update you guys when I know more, but I'm a fellow January applicant!

Maybe February since they still haven't received it yet, apparently. I'm hoping they do on Monday.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 5:38pm
Nice.. Here we are listening.... Wish everybody gets good news asap.

Will keep you all posted about my progress..

Posted By: amcl
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:42pm
Hey guys!

Here is my timeline:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on December 4, 2009.

We started processing your application on January 5, 2010.

We sent you a letter on January 5, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Jan 5-30- NO NEWS :( 

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!Smile

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:54pm
amcl, why don't you call them? to find out...3weeks is long, I would be so stressed....

-------------

Posted By: peachy871
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 8:24pm
If one is not in Canada, you can't call. You can just email your visa office for whatever country you are in.

amcl...I applied as well and have never received a letter stating what their decision was on my sponsorship app. I was panicking and not sure what to do but then we received confirmation from the visa office that they received my partner's PR app and requested his passport. Same thing is happening to a friend of mine here. No letter re sponsorship even though ecas shows a letter was sent ages ago (in my case, Dec. 16), but things seem to be progressing. I take that as a sign that the decision on sponsorship was an approval and that either our letters are sitting on a desk, forgotten, or that what they put on ecas is just a standard posting and no letter was even printed...who knows?

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:20pm

and your wife is indian? omosapiens? sorry for prying....just a bit confused....

My husband is Canadian... and I'm italian...

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:38pm
Hi SweetG!
 My husband got a letter last Jan 5 saying that he was approved as a sponsor. Haven't gotten anything since then. Not a call, email whatsover.. Should I really be worried? I tried checking the ECAS and it says DECISION MADE alongside my or (his?) name. Another column says, "Not Available" or something.. It should change to "IN PROCESS" soon. We have no dependents. What's your case? 

BTW, I checked the Manila Timeline and it usually takes longer now than the usual (4-5month waiting time). Some people who applied July/August haven't gotten their visas yet!!!! What is up with that?

Posted By: dealic
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

(OMO you are confusing them because your previous post said "wife stayed in India". So they think you are the sponsor, with a wife in India, instead of the Sponsee with a husband in Canada. Smile Unless I am the confused one and you ALSO have a wife in India? Tongue But I remember your posts from the previous board as you were preparing your app the same time I was and I am certain I remember you didn't have one.)

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:48pm
I applied Dec 4th!

-------------
Dec 2: Sent app to CIC-M
Dec 4: CIC-M received application
Jan 5: letter of approval
Feb 2: AOR.Addt'l req's: NBI,MC,PPR
Mar 15 Docs rcvd by Nestor Tuballa
July 1: Decision Made. Medicals received

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:54pm
oooh amcl, if your husband got a letter stating that his was approved as sponsor then congrats for that!!!  now is waiting ....

I supposed the letter also stated that the application was forwarded to Manila too.  Now its just a waiting game, am not sure if Manila sends out AOR's (acknowledgement of receipt ). meaning they have your application which does not mean they will start processing right away.  

Lets just keep praying, I know some of the timelines are really long.... there is not much we can do about that.

Our case is also pretty simple (in my opinion, but only the opinion of the immigration officer matters...) First marriage for both or us, both young, not big age gap, no dependants, clean records. Am sponsoring my husband his from the UK.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:04pm
Even our case is quite straightforward. First marriage, both of us working (me having good job in Canada, and she working in India)... Filled the forms completely (with N/A at all the places required), attached all the relevant pictures (engagement, all wedding ceremonies, honeymoon, post-wedding), email/chat/skype/phone records, marriage certificate, etc etc etc.... phew...

i think, just like you guys, our case is pretty genuine and quite strong, but still... waiting is really a big time pain.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:25pm
I've reading timelines from other immigration websites.....I know, I know not very healthy but...trying to help time pass...

anyway, the timeline for Berlin, Germany is like 6-8 WEEKS!!, from CPC-MISSI to PPR,  am shocked.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:22pm
SWEETG , R u saying timeline in Berlin is 6 - 8 weeks wow.. well

Is the waiting game but is all good to wait... is stressful but now one has to find a hobby or something to do....

3 weeks since London got application....

is this the month.. Guys good news will come soon, lets keep our fingers n toes xxxxxxxxx

good luck all

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

(OMO you are confusing them because your previous post said "wife stayed in India". So they think you are the sponsor, with a wife in India, instead of the Sponsee with a husband in Canada. Smile Unless I am the confused one and you ALSO have a wife in India? Tongue But I remember your posts from the previous board as you were preparing your app the same time I was and I am certain I remember you didn't have one.)

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!
My mistake.
I'm italian and my husband is canadian :)

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:39pm
Hey guys!

I recently submitted my application last december. I know I have no right to complain (even if my status isn't even IN PROCESS. hmm or maybe i just don't know how to check?!) as it has only been a month. Next week, I plan to go to Canada to visit my husband using my tourist visa. Do you think immigration will give me a hard time upon entry? I have a letter of invitation from CRNBC stating my need to already take their Assessment test for Nurses. Plus it's the olympics! Also, woud you advise that I stay there til let's say, April? Would they (CIC) have asked for my passport by then? :)

Thanks and Good luck to all!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:45pm
Hey amcl,

I don't know the answer as such, but you (or someone else) might be able to sort out my confusion... Can a spouse whose sponsorship application has been sent (or in process) can apply for the visitor visa? Will the officers grant the visa easily? If granted/not granted, will it have any impact on the application in process? Let me know.

I am posting this question here, just to maintain the continuity. If anyone feels it is out of context, I can initiate a new thread then.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:14pm
Well if u have the visa already then is will depend on the OI  and u have to have dual intention plus u will exit the country after yr visitor visa, ie u have to show proof of sting ties back hiome to return to..

If u dont have the visa yet n u are going to apply the chances are very slim but  remember every case is different...

Also it will not affect the sponsorship application....

Yes u can stay till April and if u get a passport request, all u can do is a Flag Pole at the nearset boarder crossing.....

I might be wrong but this is what i know for now, maybe some one with more exp with throw more on this  or offer the right direction

With the processing too it might not say IN PROCESS for a long time... they have it if u have apply in DEC and have the 1st stage, Just give them time ok.. i know the waitng game is the killer but lets all chill and hope something good happens to us all..

lets wait n have a chil pill.
any Hobbies one can offer..
Good luck all.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:16pm
Thanks for you replies everyone!!

Anyway, I got a call from Canadian Embassy yesterday afternoon to double check if i had the right email address. They said they will send an email for additional requirements. Before we hung up, (just to make sure) I asked the girl about my going to Canada next week for my CRNBC test which is due this year. At first she explained how slim the chances are if I were to apply for a Tourist Visa. I said I already have one. Her advise is for me to attach a letter stating the reason, my address and contact number for correspondence. When i opened my email, there were 3 requirements: NBI clearance w/fingerprint and dry seal, ORIG marriage certificate (I really think it has to come from the NSO even if I wasn't married in the Phils. I called DFA MAnila, and they said they haven't gotten a response from the consular office in Chicago where they/we filed it..maybe in 2 weeks daw), and my passport. My question is, how am i going to give them my passport? I asked from the forum and one person said:

If u dont have the visa yet n u are going to apply the chances are very slim but  remember every case is different...

Also it will not affect the sponsorship application....

Yes u can stay till April and if u get a passport request, all u can do is a Flag Pole at the nearset boarder crossing.....

I might be wrong but this is what i know for now, maybe some one with more exp with throw more on this  or offer the right direction

I already left an authorization letter for them to claim the marriage certificate just in case I would've left by then. Plan is, someone will mail the other 2 requirements for me (NBI and Marriage cert), while I bring my passport to Canada (of course), and send it from there? Applicants fr other countires get their visas no more than 30 days upon giving their passports (as they say that
s the law). In the Philippines, I noticed that once they get it, the embassy can keep your passport for as long as 3 months...

-------------

Posted By: boundary47
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:30pm
And so the waiting begins . . . 

B47
-------------
Dec 26: Married in China
Jan 29: Sent our application to CIC-M to sponsor wife and dependent child
Feb 2: CIC-M received application 
 . . . tick, tick, tick, tick . . . 

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
B47 welcome to the waiting room.. lets all hope for good news in the 1st quarter of 2010.. good luck

Posted By: peachy871
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm
Good to hear, B47! This is the short waiting stage. Hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks, you will get get a letter re sponsorship decision. Then, after a few more weeks, you will get confirmation that the PR apps were received at the visa office in China. Anything missing or to be fixed will likely be indicated in that letter. If so, then you get that stuff together and send it back. And then the long stage of waiting will begin.

It's a pain in the butt but kind of exciting at the same time! Good luck B47...am rooting for you!

-------------
Peachy

Posted By: boundary47
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:41am
Thanks for your good wishes.  I'm very optimistic -- I can't see how anyone could reject our application.  But you never know . . . 

Meanwhile, I'm going back for a 3 week visit in 10 days, and hopefully we'll hear something about sponsorship around the time I return.

Cheers,

-------------
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:17am
Any news guys?

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:39am

i have decided not to check my ecas till next monday, so no news from my side as next week will be 4 weeks since my application was sent to London UK for processing..

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
Did you guys check the 'proceed with the application even if found ineligible to sponsor'? For some reason, I chose the other option. Can it be an issue?

Posted By: BlueDragon17846
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm

It all depends on how you want to do it.  There are two fees, one for the sponsor ($75) and one for the applicant ($475).  You pay both fees upfront when you apply for PR.  Also when you apply, the sponsors app is checked first, then the applicant's app. 

If you check the box for "withdraw your sponsorship", and the sponsor is found ineligible for one reason or another, then the applicant's app will not be processed and the $475 fee returned to you.

If you check "proceed with the application for permanaent residence", and the sponsor is found ineligible, they will go ahead and still process the applicant's app and then obviously refuse it since there is no eligible sponsor.  The fees you paid will not be refunded.

Don't know why you would chose the later one.  You chose the "withdraw your sponsorship" right? which makes the most sense.  That's the way we did it.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:59pm
I cant remember we doing anything.... mmmmmmm i will check my forms later...... 

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 8:16am
it is 3 weeks that my application has been sent to Rome and stil there's NOT AVAILABLE under my side on the Ecas...

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:03am
Same here....We'll see maybe next  week something will show up, come on London!!

-------------

Posted By: EgyCan
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:08pm
4 weeks since it was send to Damascus. Guys did any one have any update on ecas after the package was sent away. My last update was Spons. Approved Jan 7 2010

Posted By: Spring.M
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:13am
2days ago I received a mail from Damascus.they asked me to fill the form below.
does anybody know what is this form and how long does it take for me to receive passport request?

TRAVEL HISTORY
1. How many passports have you had, including the one you currently hold? ___
2. Please list all the countries that you visited and that you have lived in over the past 10 years.
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
3. What is the highest level of study you have reached?
Please specify the organization, dates and positions held.
6. Have you ever held a position in any government or state enterprise? (E.g. mayor, Member of Parliament, counselor, judge, managing director, etc). When and where?
7. Have you ever been employed by a government or political party in a position of responsibility or supervision? (e.g. hospital administrator, police officer, elections official, etc)
MILITARY SERVICE
Note: All immigration applicants must submit official military service completion or exemption certificates.
8. Did you serve in any militia, army, defense, or police unit (including obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer units)?
Yes No If no, please explain: ______________________________________________
9. Where were you stationed? (Please provide dates, ranks, units and locations)
10. What were your duties most of the time? (eg. infantryman, artillery, military policeman, radio operator, driver, other) Please describe in detail.
11. What training did you receive?
12. Under what circumstances did your service end? (E.g. completed service, deserted, invalidated out, medical problems, etc)
13. Did you ever participate in any form of combat?
Yes No
14. If yes, describe details and include specific dates and locations.
Use a separate sheet.
15. Have you ever witnessed or participated in ill treatment of prisoners or civilians, looting or desecration of religious buildings? If yes, describe the circumstances

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:16am

that seems like they want more info on your background. maybe something is not clear for them.

-------------

Posted By: compuadnet
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:11pm
Hello everyone,

I am new here and like most of you I am waiting for some sign from CIC.

Application received on February 2nd. CPC-M
Sent from Sao Paulo Brazil.

The best of luck to us all.

Cheers

Posted By: EgyCan
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Spring.M Spring.M wrote:

2days ago I received a mail from Damascus.they asked me to fill the form below.
does anybody know what is this form and how long does it take for me to receive passport request?

Hello Spring... They are processing your application Big smile

OK that is a good news and I am surprised that you didn't send this form. I filed it with my applicationEmbarrassed

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

If you go to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

you are supposed to file the Part 3: Information guides specific to geographic regions, which is this first link above: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

If you want a fillable form, you can use this form (your form starts in page 9 of this form and ends in 12)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/syria-syrie/assets/pdfs/TRV_application_english10-2006.pdf

Hope this answers your question. I will post this again in Damascus time line

Now, I have a couple of questions for you... are you the sponsor or being sponsored? Did you get this mail in Syria or Canada, I am worried cos it takes weeks for mailfrom Damascus to here? Did you see any update on Ecas after the one saying they mailed the package from CPC-M to Damascus Ouch

It is a month for me now and I am getting crazyOuch

Did you ever call themConfused

Posted By: tamz555
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:14pm
I sent my application Dec 31,2009 and it still hasnt been looked at but everyone elses has been approved within a month it seems like, what the heck is going on? Should I phone and ask if they even got my application...?

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:19pm
you can call them if you are in canada TAMZ  1 888 242‑2100 , but do you know on which date THEY received your application? thats how you can maybe guesstimate how long it will take to get some sort of answer from them.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:21pm
They received it Dec 31...and theyve been looking at those applications for two weeks now...and its currently at 36 days, but still nothing heard about my application. The average for everyone elses is around a month and mines going on month and a half.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:22pm
have you tried to look on e-cas? tamz

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:22pm
Yeah, nothing Unhappy

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:27pm
give them a call tomorow if you can they open at 8amest, am sure something will come up soon. maybe they are a bit backedup. I understand your agony.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:35am
ooohh my.... ECAS says in PROGRESS.... as of Feb 2nd and medicals received.....

God please let this be smooth and fast.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:48am
Hey Congratulations SWEETG!!!

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:22pm
SWEETG I'm happy for you!!!!
I'm a week behind you (sponsor approved 19th of January)... I hope I'll be in next monday!!!

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
As i promised myself not to check ecas for a week, i was able to do it. i checked this morning and is says PR in process and medicals recvd..

Now what is next????

I want to wish everyone on here that the good news is on its way...

@OMOSapiens. something will be updated today or is will start today but it will depend on who is working yr file n how quick they canupdate but u not far behind.....

Good luck all

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 2:04pm
Congrats bflava...

I was talking with a CIC agent regarding one situation I have come across. I sent my spouse application to Mississauga on Jan 19, 2010 which is yet to be processed, and circumstances are so folding that she might get a Canadian project through her current employer, for which the employer will have to apply for her work permit. I asked the agent if the two applications will interfere with each other, and if filing a work permit will impact adversly the her sponsorship application. The agent told me that the two are the separate processes, and shouldn't impact each other. She asked to make sure specifying that, my spouse has already applied for another visa, in her work permit application, and if she comes over on the the same, make sure intimating CIC about the address change.

Also she told me, only the applications received till Dec 31st, 2009 are being processed currently, and she asked me to wait for further 3-4 weeks to get even the first confirmation. :-(

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 3:48am
Still no news :(

-------------
Sent to CPC-M Dec 23 2009
Sponsor Approved Jan 19 2010
AOR received March 26 2010
Passport requested May 9 2010
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:14am
OMOSapiens, I wont worry , If it is London then just relax they will have it by now and trust they will update,  is up to the other clerical officer to update it on Ecas......  i am sure by now and IO/VO has touched your file.... u only a week behind me so just relax abit ok..

good luck

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 7:07am
Thanks BFlava :)

I should relax, it's true!!!

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:24am
It's the fourth week, and still no news.......... :-(

Read one of posts, and the sponsorship application for that fellow was received on Jan 16, 2010 in Mississauga.... and day before yesterday he received the approval letter from them stating that he was approved on Feb 4, 2010.... but the CIC site (last updated on Feb 1, 2010) says that the applications currently being processed are the ones received till De 31, 2009.......

Mine was received on Jan 21, 2010......... So lets see...

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 1:06pm
soon nahscarp...I know this waiting thing is really bad. I am even getting sick over it. But its all in Gods hands. I don't know why CIC WEBSITE has not been uptading the current processing date lately.  But as long as you can confirm they have your application its all good.

-------------

Posted By: javcil
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:55pm
Stupid question, but do they send the AOR for the (outland) applicant's package to the applicant, the sponsor, or both?

-------------
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:58pm
hummm, I would think to the applicant, cuz they don't really deal with the sponsor once the sponsorship part is approved.

and depending on the visa office you might not get an AOR we r doing it with London uk, and no aor. only uptades on ecas.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:02pm
Thanks sweetg, my husband is finishing mandatory military duty until May, so he can't really check his mail too often anyway.  I had hoped they would send it to me also.  I guess I'll just keep checking ecas ... hopefully they update that a little better then they update the 'Processing Times' section.

-------------
Visa received Apr. 22/10

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:13pm
no problem, I know this immigration thing is worst then anything. Like when I wrote my last big licencing exam I had to wait 2 months to get a PASS or FAIL, with no explaintions I thought I was going to die. But at least that one you had 3 strikes!!!, Like there is just no telling what I will to with myself the day he gets his PR approved.

-------------

Posted By: pr99
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:57pm
Hey sent my application on the 6th of january and they received it on 7th according to canada post and yet no answer, or no update on E-CAS i see on the website there currently proccessing files receievd upto Jan 7th so yaaa hopefully anwer soon,
anyone else in JAN????

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:50pm

Mine was received Dec 31 and I havent even heard anything and they are going onto Jan 7th applications. DHL claims it got there and was signed for, but I phoned CIC and they cant find me in the system anywhere, so they wrote a message to Mississauga about my situation, but still nothing. I dont know if I should just wait and see ( MORE WAITING OMG ) or start making a new application right now cause I have NO IDEA where the heck my application ended up or what's going on. The lady said that if it was received it would have been looked at by now since they are on to January apps now. So...

Any suggestions?

Posted By: pr99
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm

well if they got it on the 31st they will start processing it after the 31st, last week they were processing applications recived UPTO 31st, so im guessing it doesnt include anything they got on the 31st, so u should be part of the batch there processing now, did u go to E-CAS and try searching by IMM 5401 receipt #,

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:06pm
I sure hope that is the case and its soon to show up somewhere in the next batch.
Fingers crossed.
I have tried ECAS and nothing comes up. But some people say that sometimes they get a letter of approval before anything even comes up on ECAS.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 5:51am

hummm, I would think to the applicant, cuz they don't really deal with the sponsor once the sponsorship part is approved.

and depending on the visa office you might not get an AOR we r doing it with London uk, and no aor. only uptades on ecas.

Hey Sweetg
Where can I check if Rome sends AOR?
Somebody told me that with AOR Canadian colleges or universities will accept you as domestic student.
I don't know if that's true yet, but I thought I would receive an AOR... I wanted to start university in september and I'm not sure I will get Visa by then...

Another question: if they won't send AOR: is there something else they'd send before issuing the VISa (if evrything goes ok naturally)

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 3:07am
Hey Omosapiens, sorry it took me so long to respond. Am not sure if I have the right answer for you. I don't know many Rome timelines. But from the UK , its really depends. some people say they received an AOR and everything went according to plan. others say they never received anything only saw updates from e-cas. and everything went well. So am guessing it depends on the visa office, the immigration officer and their policies.

I know its hard to not be sure if the appropriate visa office has your application, but I think theres no real way to check until you've gone pass the estimated timeline without ever receiving any notice. 

I read alot of posts from other forums I'll try and see if there anymore info out there that can be of help. but who knows maybe you'll see an uptade on e-cas this week. don't loose faith, it shall be well.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 3:46am
hey guys I just stumbled upon this on another website....very interesting.

http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS_Codes - http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS_Codes
details of what CAIPS contain.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:27am

Hey Omosapiens, sorry it took me so long to respond. Am not sure if I have the right answer for you. I don't know many Rome timelines. But from the UK , its really depends. some people say they received an AOR and everything went according to plan. others say they never received anything only saw updates from e-cas. and everything went well. So am guessing it depends on the visa office, the immigration officer and their policies.

I know its hard to not be sure if the appropriate visa office has your application, but I think theres no real way to check until you've gone pass the estimated timeline without ever receiving any notice. 

I read alot of posts from other forums I'll try and see if there anymore info out there that can be of help. but who knows maybe you'll see an uptade on e-cas this week. don't loose faith, it shall be well.

Thanks a lot SWEETG!!!!

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:25am
ok I got this from canadianvisa forum. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-processing-in-romeitaly-as-of-december2009-t32962.0.html - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-processing-in-romeitaly-as-of-december2009-t32962.0.html

its a page started by people who are going through rome!! maybe you can join them , not that I don't want you here....you MUST come here, lol ! But I think it will help ease things....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:14pm
That is really usefull!! I'll be back to bug you Cool

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:13am
any news on anyone yet??? OMOSapiens.. Do u have any news>????

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by bflava bflava wrote:

any news on anyone yet??? OMOSapiens.. Do u have any news>????

No not yet, but I checked with other italians (as suggested by Sweetg) and I saw that the E-Case changes to "in progress" almost two months after the sponsor is approved and the application is sent to Rome... So I guess I have to wait untill the second week of march... Rome has an average of 7 months  waiting....

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:16pm
There  u go son..... Well all is in the work and the Lod is working on it so lets all chill, is easier said than doen but i am trying, Other half keeps pointing a few things, its tempting but heeyeyyy am all good.

Good luck all

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:13pm
Into the fifth week now after sending the application package... Still no news... 

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:54pm
did you call them? and are you sure they received your application? did you have a tracking number nahscarp???

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:04pm
haven't called them yet, coz i think they just look at the e-cas to check if you are in the system, and e-cas doesn't show any updates for me. in fact the site, which was last updated on Feb 8, mentions that applications received till Jan 7 are being processed, and the current average processing time is 43 days.

i mailed the package with canada post, and yes i have the tracking number as well. the tracking record says that the package was delivered successfully.

don't know what to do. it's been banging my head.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:19pm
well.... I think they know more than whats on ECAS, when I couldn't take the stress anymore and called them. He asked me information I had put on the application about myself, I guess for seciruty reason wanted to be sure it was me.  then he told me it was approved and that the file was sent to London, England. Ecas doesn't say approved or not or where it was sent. so maybe wait another week and call.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:23pm
oh, is that so???? hmm... may be, i would call them tomorrow itself..

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:30pm

My application was received Dec 31 and I am still waiting for mine to be approved, I am thinking its in with the Jan 7th applications. So you are not the only one banging your head in anxiety!

I wondered the same..if it even got there but DHL shows that it was signed and received so I am still waiting as well. If nothing happens this week then I will phone and ask again whats going on. Last time I wasn't found in the system. And if I am not anywhere to be found again, I have to start all over with the application and make a whole new package. Yours should be soon, it does take a while. Also, Haiti slowed down a lot of things so at the time my application was probably supposed to be looked at they had Haiti as their number one priority, so it got backed up a bit. Hang in there.

Good luck.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:04am
Well CPC-M normally update on a tuesday so today being wednesday, I would call them.. especialy those that sent theirs on the 31st of last yr 09. call and it willset yr mind at ease. well OH half called on my behalf even though she thought i was stressing , lol

also u can give them up to next week, 23rd to see but that will be 7 weeks i guess..

if in doubt just call..

good luck

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:40am
just called cic guys.... and same answer as expected. they said currently they are opening applications received till Jan 7. i asked if they can somehow at least verify that they received my application, but they said they couldn't. :-(..........

if they open my application (received on Jan 21 as per canada post tracking#) on the coming Monday (i.e. Feb 22), then going by the current processing time (i.e. 43 days) i might not be receiving even the acknowledgment/approval before April..... i hope and pray that even though they are taking time, but their response would be positive.....

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 5:54pm
Lets hope so Nahscarp, i am really praying for you.. as this to me is not normal but again it canbe normal as they are opening the 7th of Jan this yr..

What happened to last yrs application????

fingers cross for you ok/

Posted By: Twinsmama
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:57pm
Hi everyone
 I am new here but i was following this forum for a long time it goes like this.....Refuse Refugee, Humanitarian & PRRA. Now my husband  applied for us (me & 2 kids) I have twins which are Canadians 10 months today Big   smile.............So it goes like this

application received:23/12/09
start processing on:15/01/10
letter sent to hubby:15/01/10--- He was approved as a sponsor
forward to MICC (QSC):15/01/10---Quebec selection certificate
File sent to Trinidad:15/01/10
Trinidad start process on:03/01/10---also said that medical was received

I will need to apply for ARC cause my removal order became a deportation order so maybe that will take a couple more months but as we know with CIC everything takes time.

Anyone who want to share with me or ask any questions feel free to do so we all are in this togetherSmile

forum_posts.asp?TID=749&PID=30365#top">Back to Top
< id="dropDownTopicSearch" ="quick_topic_search.asp?TID=749" ="dropDownTopicSearch" rel="nofollow" border="0" scrolling="no">

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:17am
thanks bflava... lets see... will keep you all posted....

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Twinsmama Twinsmama wrote:

Hi everyone
 I am new here but i was following this forum for a long time it goes like this.....Refuse Refugee, Humanitarian & PRRA. Now my husband  applied for us (me & 2 kids) I have twins which are Canadians 10 months today Big   smile.............So it goes like this

application received:23/12/09
start processing on:15/01/10
letter sent to hubby:15/01/10--- He was approved as a sponsor
forward to MICC (QSC):15/01/10---Quebec selection certificate
File sent to Trinidad:15/01/10
Trinidad start process on:03/01/10---also said that medical was received

I will need to apply for ARC cause my removal order became a deportation order so maybe that will take a couple more months but as we know with CIC everything takes time.

Anyone who want to share with me or ask any questions feel free to do so we all are in this togetherSmile

forum_posts.asp?TID=749&PID=30365#top">Back to Top
< id="dropDownTopicSearch" ="quick_topic_search.asp?TID=749" ="dropDownTopicSearch" rel="nofollow" border="0" scrolling="no">

Trinidad start process on:03/01/10
Did you mean 30?

-------------
VISA issued May 31 2010

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 7:25am
I believe it is the 30th she was referring to.......

Posted By: Twinsmama
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 8:04am
OMOSapiens    my mistake I meant this month.
 Trinidad start process on:03/02/10---also said that medical was received

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by nahscarp nahscarp wrote:

just called cic guys.... and same answer as expected. they said currently they are opening applications received till Jan 7. i asked if they can somehow at least verify that they received my application, but they said they couldn't. :-(..........

if they open my application (received on Jan 21 as per canada post tracking#) on the coming Monday (i.e. Feb 22), then going by the current processing time (i.e. 43 days) i might not be receiving even the acknowledgment/approval before April..... i hope and pray that even though they are taking time, but their response would be positive.....

CIC website states:
You can estimate the amount of time it will take to process your application. Note the date in the column “Processing Applications Received up to”, then add the amount of time posted in the column “Current Processing Time” to the date you submitted your application. This will give you an approximate date as to when you should receive a response from CIC. These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.

To me this reads, if you mailed your application Jan. 21, add 43 days to Jan. 21.  End result: March 5.

-------------
Visa received Apr. 22/10

Posted By: NDKel_01
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:26pm
Hi all! I figured I would add my timeline here since I just checked E-Cas and it is finally showing my info :) They sent my sponsorship decision letter on 2/16 so hopefully I'll be receiving it in the mail shortly.

App sent - Jan 19, 2010
App rec'd by CPC-Miss - Jan 20, 2010
CPC-Miss processed app/sent letter - Feb 16, 2010

Good luck to everyone here!

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:30pm
happy to have you on !!NDKel....am sure you'll received good news. wich visa office are you dealing with?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 1:25pm
That is great NDKel_01... Congrats!!!

How did you check the e-CAS status? What parameters did you fill? If the receipt number, then did you put in the whole number starting with  'R'?

Posted By: NDKel_01
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:14pm
Thanks! I'm going through the Buffalo office.

For E-Cas, I used my receipt number, starting with "R0" (zero, not the letter "O") and used my husband's (sponsor's) info. CIC's claim that they update on Tuesdays is a bunch of bull...I checked on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and didn't see anything until today!

Posted By: neo
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 2:28am
Smile Hello all, I thought I'd share my app info as I have found this thread very informative.

Left Jan. 10 for Thailand to marry my Thai fiancee
Got Married in Thailand  - Jan. 15, 2109
Returned to Canada      - Jan. 31, 2010                                  

Sponsorship Application progress
Feb. 15, 2010 - Sent to CPC-M
Feb. 17, 2010 - Rcv'd by CPC-M

now I wait like so many before me, I wonder if anyone out there reading this forum has any experience with the Singapore Consulate who will be processing my sponsorship application for my Thai wife. I wish everyone the best.

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:51am
welcome to the waiting room......NEO, if I find any info on Singapore timelines I will let you know....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:23am
NEO u welcome.... singapore timeline is 5 - 14 months check this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia

Print Page | Close Window