Print Page | Close Window

Timeline - Montreal office

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:04pm

Topic: Timeline - Montreal office
Posted By: mrstaycation
Subject: Timeline - Montreal office
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:34am
I thought it would be a good idea to launch a new thread, to discuss the Montreal office timeline.
Here's my timeline as of today:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/look/index.asp - A Look at Canada on November 10, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 26, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on April 24, 2009. The Montréal CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Montréal CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on October 28, 2009 to //myaddress// to appear and write the citizenship test on November 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp - contact us . If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp - contact us .

For December merely 1742 will attend oath ceremony!

Good luck every one!!!

Replies:
Posted By: ab007
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:27am
Hi Everyone

My timeline is as follows:

Jan 7th: Application Sent by Mail

Jan 12: Application Received By CIC

July 8th 2009: Processing Started

July 8th 2009: Got a letter requesting documents (Received 12 July)

September 18th 2009 File Transfered to Montreal

Waiting for my Test now....

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
Hello Ab007
For most of us, the test letter came after a year since the application reception. I hope you`ll get something next January.
Good Luck

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:18am
Hi mrstaycation

thanks for the info....i am also thinking that my test will be in january...

thanks

Posted By: Antoine
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:06am
Salut,

Voilà mon timeline:

Dec 31st 2008 Party Application sent by mail

Jan 7th 2009: Application Received By CIC (Sidney)

June 18th 2009: Processing Started

July, 31st 2009: Transfer To CIC Montreal

Still waiting for the citizenship Test

Posted By: Alltime
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:07pm
... and my timeline: 

Nov 24th 2008: Application Received By CIC (Sidney)
May 20th 2009: Processing Started
July, 17th 2009: Transfer To CIC Montreal

So... just wait

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:04am
Hi everyone
For those of you who will have citizenship test, here are some info:
- http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/  is a very helpful site
- It's useful to prepare the test... my test included questions like: year Nunavut became a territory, or when did the Canadian charter of freedoms and rights become part of the constitution
- For all the questions you have to circle the right answer (4 possible answers: a b c or d) and only one answer is correct (exclusive). For almost all the questions, the suggested wrong answers are obvious, which makes it straight forward to someone who prepared for the test.
- They provide different series of questions, from a row to another, so the guy on your side has a different test
- There's 20 questions, 5 questions by category (4 categories)
- The elections and voting procedures is the most important category. the 1st of the 5 questions it includes, is mandatory to answer correctly, if failed = failed test. My mandatory question was:  What do you mark on a federal election ballot (answer is X ), the other 4 questions of this category were like: who has the right to vote in federal elections... etc
- If you renewed your passport, and your origin country policy is to take back the old one, then it's better to get a photocopy of the old one from your consulate. Otherwise the citizenship officer may ask you more questions and get suspicious.

Any questions Question, feel free to ask
Good luck Wink

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:17am
Hi mrstaycation,

That was nice information. I have a question:

My passport is expiring in february 2010 and I dont know whether I will get my test before that. Is it advisable to renew the passport before the test (if the test is after february) or its not required?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Yes, you can renew your passport, but ask to keep your old one. If it not possible, just say that it's been lost. You need your first passport on the interview to prove all your absents from Canada . Good luck! Thumbs Up

Posted By: germ_guz
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:50am
Since this i a new forum here is again my time:

Applied: Nov/17/08
Received: Nov/20/08
Processing: Apr/17/09
Transferred to Montreal: Jun/10/09
Test: Nov/27/09
Oath: Waiting

good luck to everyone!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:07pm
Hello Ab007
Well, well, well... I think I fully understand your question. And the answer is no. I'm 100% sure that you don't have to show a valid passport to the immigration officer ( BTW the interview is held right away after the written test... which is less than 10 mn if prepared). The test letter asks you to bring all the passports you possess. So if your passport is already expired on test day, and you did not renew it that's fine. Remember, most American and Canadian citizens do not possess a passport. So, if you do not plan to travel during winter season, then no rush to renew your passport. Now, if you plan to renew it, and the only reasonable cause should be a planned trip or an ailing relative, whose condition might worsen at anytime (and you feel compelled to pay him a visit), then just make a photocopy of your passport, before giving it back. I'm sure your country's consulate clerks would be glad to stamp the photocopy to make it more official. At renewal, some countries consider the old passport as their property, while others just punch the old one or stamp it to make it invalid thus returning it to the bearer. The judges are aware of all of this, and I don't recommend to lie in order to keep the old passport, as they might guess that you lied to your consulate (which is a felony, not to mention the extra paper work to justify the circumstances that led you to lose your passport at renewal). I don't think a more aware citizenship judge would want to punish such behavior, but a suspicion of lying to his original country officials, does not push a judge to be confident that he is naturalizing a model citizen. I don't want to seem moralizing, but that's the way I see it.

I hope this answer will be helpful
Take care  

Originally posted by ab007 ab007 wrote:

Hi mrstaycation,

That was nice information. I have a question:

My passport is expiring in february 2010 and I dont know whether I will get my test before that. Is it advisable to renew the passport before the test (if the test is after february) or its not required?

Thanks.

Posted By: janjoun
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:14am
Hello everyone,

I became Canadian Citizen on the 2nd of December. It was a nice ceremony with a nice speech from the judge.
I applied on Oct 9th 08, did my test on Oct 5th 09. Most october test takes should receive their oath this month while November test takers will have to wait till January most probably.

Good luck everyone still waiting.

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:17am
Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age in 30 years and get passport in 40 years with tears. 

Posted By: janjoun
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:18am
And ab007, no it is not necessary to renew the passport before your test, however make sure that you bring the expired passport with you to the test and interview.
However if the passport was cancelled and not just expired, then you should have the new passport as well.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:12am
Hi mrstaycation,

Thanks for the information....its really helpful and that relieves my confusion...

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:13am
Hi Janjoun

Thanks for the information....its really helpful and that relieves my confusion...

Posted By: goblinny
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Janjoun, your thoughtful input is always appreciated and of course congratulations!

My time line so far: Applied  (Montreal) June 25 2009

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
Hi All,

Does anyone knows the address and telephone number of the Montreal CIC office to inquire the status of the application.

Posted By: gopuge2006
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
Local offices actually don't accept applicants to call them, that's why you may won't be able to find their telephone number. The only number to call is CIC number 1 888 242-2100.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:16pm
Hi everyone
Congratulations Janjoun, way to go, you're done! I hope you'll be back once in a while, with your thoughtful inputs, though I understand you looking forward, as the citizenship process is in your rear-view mirror. I wish a happy ending to all of us! Sooner or later, for me I already know that the test result is OK, by calling CIC, probably I'll get oath ceremony end of January or February, since the process will be backlogged by the end of year holidays.
You're welcome Ab007, gopuge2006 got it right, you should call CIC call Center  888 242‑2100. You might find this CIC web page helpful: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp - Canadian citizenship . Just for your information, Montreal's CIC office is located at: 1025 rue saint-jacques ouest, H3C 1B2, tel: 514-283-5971 and I don't recommend calling them.

Hi All,

Does anyone knows the address and telephone number of the Montreal CIC office to inquire the status of the application.

Posted By: mtl007
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:31pm
Here is my timeline:

Application sent
on Dec 26th 2008
Processing started July 22th 2009
File transferred to MTL Sept 9th 2009:

Any ideas what happens if we miss the test? I'm going on vacation for one month starting December 22nd, so if I receive the test letter in that period, I won't be able to attend!

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 7:21pm
Hmmm not sure but make a note of how long it takes MTL office to send a test invitation after file transfer.
And make sure you have somebody checking your mail on daily basis to check for any mail from CIC.

If you miss it, it will be rescheduled after 3-4 months, but it will be last chance....otherwise case will be considered abandoned and file closed.

If i were you, i would appear for the test no matter what. Spend extra to return and attend....if ur not going very far from home.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:05pm
Hi mtl007

I think you should call CIC helpline, providing them the dates you'll be absent from Canada, thus you won't receive a test schedule for the discussed period. It's what I've done last summer, because of a 3 weeks trip to Europe. Case you don't call and miss the scheduled test, you will be simply rescheduled for a couple months later (between 2 and 3).

Have a good one

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:27pm
Thank you for all the information, I appreciate it!Thumbs Up I'll call CIC to notify my absence that's a good move.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
Any updates for those applied in January 2009?

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:19am
Hi
Application sent on Dec 26th 2008
Processing started July 22th 2009
File transferred to MTL Sept 9th 2009
Test Dec 15th 2009

I received the test letter yesterday, this leaves me only a week, but still I'm glad to receive it.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:00am
Congratulatioms mtl007 for the test. Goodluck!!!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:01am
Does yor ecas got updated mtl007?

Posted By: mendie
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:53am
Hi mtl.Good luck for the test. you said before that you are going to call the CIC to inform them that you are travelling for vacation I was wondering if they gave you an earlier test date because you called them or  they now scheduling on  a normal basis the people who applied end of december .I am asking you this because i intend to travel during the xmas break.I appreciate your help.

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:26pm
how long after the test can we find out from CIC if test status is PASS/FAIL...2/3 weeks?

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
Hi mtl007.
Good luck for the test. you said before that you are going to call the CIC to inform them that you are travelling for vacation I was wondering if they gave you an earlier test date because you called them or  they now scheduling on  a normal basis the people who applied end of december .I am asking you this because i intend to travel during the xmas break.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm

Hi mtl007.
Good luck and prepares for the oath the same day. I have check, there is a oath ceremony the same day! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:50pm
Thank you ab007

No, my ecas is still the same, no test information so far. I guess CIC doesn't update the E-cas on a daily basis.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:54pm
Hello mendie

Thank you. Actually I was planing to call them a week before my trip. Lucky I'm, I received the test letter before.

Originally posted by mendie mendie wrote:

Hi mtl007.
Good luck for the test. you said before that you are going to call the CIC to inform them that you are travelling for vacation I was wondering if they gave you an earlier test date because you called them or  they now scheduling on  a normal basis the people who applied end of december .I am asking you this because i intend to travel during the xmas break.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:58pm
Hi Alltime
I don't think I'll get oath the same day (reason it doesn't say so on the test letter), but I will be more than glad if asked to spend more hours for a citizenship ceremony.

Originally posted by Alltime Alltime wrote:

Hi mtl007.
Good luck and prepares for the oath the same day. I have check, there is a oath ceremony the same day! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi mrstaycation
Thank you for this extensive information about the test. I find it very usefulThumbs Up
Cheers!!!Clap
Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

Hi everyone
For those of you who will have citizenship test, here are some info:
- http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/  is a very helpful site
- It's useful to prepare the test... my test included questions like: year Nunavut became a territory, or when did the Canadian charter of freedoms and rights become part of the constitution
- For all the questions you have to circle the right answer (4 possible answers: a b c or d) and only one answer is correct (exclusive). For almost all the questions, the suggested wrong answers are obvious, which makes it straight forward to someone who prepared for the test.
- They provide different series of questions, from a row to another, so the guy on your side has a different test
- There's 20 questions, 5 questions by category (4 categories)
- The elections and voting procedures is the most important category. the 1st of the 5 questions it includes, is mandatory to answer correctly, if failed = failed test. My mandatory question was:  What do you mark on a federal election ballot (answer is X ), the other 4 questions of this category were like: who has the right to vote in federal elections... etc
- If you renewed your passport, and your origin country policy is to take back the old one, then it's better to get a photocopy of the old one from your consulate. Otherwise the citizenship officer may ask you more questions and get suspicious.

Any questions Question, feel free to ask
Good luck Wink

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:13pm
You're welcome and good luck for your test

Originally posted by mtl007 mtl007 wrote:

Hi mrstaycation
Thank you for this extensive information about the test. I find it very usefulThumbs Up
Cheers!!!Clap

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 12:06am
Hello Mendie
Could you please share your time-line?
Thank you!

Hi mtl007.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:42pm
Hi

Ecas got updated today.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by mtl007 mtl007 wrote:

Hi

Ecas got updated today.

Alleluia CIC Montreal !

They take as much as one entire YEAR just to book us for the test.
They inform us by letter only one WEEK before the test (do they ever think that there may be a problem with Canada Posts ?) and Ecas is update only one DAY before the test.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:18pm
Good luck for tomorrow mtl007

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:21pm
Thank you!

Originally posted by gopuge2006 gopuge2006 wrote:

Good luck for tomorrow mtl007

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:11am
Hi gopuge2006, 

When is your test? What are your timelines? I'm still waiting... 13 mounts...  severe pregnacy... Ouch

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 2:45pm
Yes, I know it has been 13 months for you, because I do some stats with this forum timelines.
You are unlucky, yours is one of the longest timelines.
They are getting worse and worse.
It has been only 9 months for me, so my test should not be scheduled before March, which means that I may have to learn the new test book (by March 1st tests are based on the new book).
Be ready to take the test soon, and do not plan anything for more than a week within 1 or 2 months, otherwise your case may be delayed for another couple of months. Ermm

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 2:49pm
mtl007 might be standing and singing "O canada" at the citizenship ceremony right now, who knows ?

Posted By: sinbad
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:51pm
Hi im new member

im curently waiting for the test

the problem is that i dont have my old passport my embassy dont allow us to keep old passport but i have a photocopy of all pages were stamped by my ambassy

do you think it will be enough to avoid RQ ?

Thank you

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:03pm
Hi sinbad,
Your photocopies should be enough. I know some people who avoided RQ and they even did not have any photocopies of their old passport.

Could you shares your timelines with us (Date CIC received your application, date your application was started  processing, date your file was transferred to Montreal)?
Thank you.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:22pm
Hi Mystarcation,
My timeline is the following:
Received January 7
Processing June 18
Transferred to Mtl August 12
Waiting for the test

Posted By: GeeWeez
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:30pm
Here is my timeline:

Application sent on Dec 31th 2008
Processing started July 31th 2009
File transferred to MTL Sept 19th 2009.
Now waiting for the test.

I am going on vacation end of Dec and will be out of the country till Jan 22th. I called CIC and told them that, so hopefully they wont schedule a test in those days. Lets see...

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:49am
Thanks Mendie and GeeWeez, your timelines are really appreciated.
Please keep us informed when you get any news regarding the test.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:21pm
Gee and Mendie, we have approx. the same timeline
here is mine:
Dec 31st 2008 Party Application sent by mail

waiting for the citizenship Test

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:04am
Hi everyone
I became a Canadian citizen December 15th. Was a huge and nice ceremony and the judge delivered a terrific speech
I wasn't expecting oath ceremony, which made me even happier. No doubt it's a day I won't forget for the rest of my life.
I wish good luck and the best for everyone, thanks to every contributor on this forum, it's been nice to find such useful shared information.
Merry xmess + Happy new year

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:58am
Congratulation mtl007.

how was the test and can you share some questions if possible for the test.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:15am
Congratulations Mtl007, I guess you enjoy this end of year :)

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:27pm
That's a great news for you mtl007, but also for all of us as there seems to have more and more oath ceremonies the day of the test in Montreal. Congratulations to you, Canadian !

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 4:53am
Congratulations Mtl007
Thank you Mendie for sharing your timeline.

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:45pm
Hello ab007
This website has all the questions you get at the test:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
Select "all" in the drop-down list and practice the questions from 1 to 104.
Focus more on the one related to voting and elections

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:57pm
Thank you all. This winter Santa came earlier ... Right now I'm getting ready for my winter vacation.

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:13pm
Hi Ab007
Here are some of the questions I remember being asked during the test

What are the three main groups of Aboriginal peoples?
Which four provinces first formed Confederation?
When did the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms become part of the Canadian Constitution?
Name two fundamental freedoms protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Who has the right to apply for a Canadian passport?
Which province is the only officially bilingual province?
What does the Canadian flag look like?
Which animal is an official symbol of Canada?
Which country borders Canada on the south?
On what date did Nunavut become a territory?
What is Canada’s system of government called?
How are Members of Parliament chosen?
Name two responsibilities of the federal government.
What three requirements must you meet in order to vote in a federal election?
What do you mark on a federal election ballot?

That's all I remember out of 20 questions.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:09am
Hi Everyone, 

I'm checking this morning my status and... what surprise: 

"We sent you a notice on December 17, 2009 to XXXXXXXX, Quebec, Canada, to appear and write the citizenship test on January 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment...."

Finally after 13 mounts waiting. 
Good luck and Marry Christmas to all of you!

Beer

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:46am
Congratulations Alltime
Merry xmess and happy new year
Good luck on January 11th

Posted By: zana
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:54am
good luck

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:19am
Hi Sinbad
I didn't see your post earlier, so I'm replying a bit late. I think it's OK if you don't have your old passport since you're asked to bring the ones you possess. It's good to have the photocopy of the old one, though it would be nicer if you could also have a paper from your embassy explaining that it's your country's policy  to take back the expired passport after renewal (this way you're fully backed). I Know cases where the immigration officers didn't even bother to check the old passports. RQs are all about suspicious cases, and not having the old passport doesn't make your file look suspicious. Though if there's a suspicion related to the physical days spent in Canada then it helps to have a copy of the old passport.

This forum is also about sharing time-lines, so please share yours. I'm sure many readers will appreciate it.

Originally posted by sinbad sinbad wrote:

Hi im new member

im curently waiting for the test

the problem is that i dont have my old passport my embassy dont allow us to keep old passport but i have a photocopy of all pages were stamped by my ambassy

do you think it will be enough to avoid RQ ?

Thank you

-------------
<font color=RED><strong>Proud and privileged to be a Canadian citizen</strong></font>

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:58am
thanks mrstaycation

my ambassy website already mention country's policy  to take back the expired passport after renewal
should i only print this webpage?

here are my time-lines:
Sent february 27,2009
application received on March 2, 2009.
file was transferred November 4, 2009.

Regards,

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:21pm
OK Sindbad, what I suggest is to take a best effort strategy, which means you trying to get the best proof. May be you won't really need this proof but it's better to have it case the day of the interview things turn sour (it may depend on the mood of the agent). So I think if you approach your embassy they will provide you a paper stating: Passport # ***** under the name : ***** issued on *** has been destroyed (or taken back) following state policy # *****. If not then just print the page from website.
Again don't worry, you won't get an RQ because of that, I have a friend who didn't get and RQ although his old passport was destroyed by his embassy, not even possessing a photocopy of the old passport. Even if the officer were not aware of this issue, the judge is more than aware of all these situations.
Good luck
Originally posted by sinbad sinbad wrote:

thanks mrstaycation

my ambassy website already mention country's policy  to take back the expired passport after renewal
should i only print this webpage?

here are my time-lines:
Sent february 27,2009
application received on March 2, 2009.
file was transferred November 4, 2009.

Regards,

-------------
<font color=RED><strong>Proud and privileged to be a Canadian citizen</strong></font>

Posted By: happytaz
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Sinbad,

I agree with mrstaycation. Try to get a letter from your embassy. It is more personal and the agent will know for sure that your passport was kept. Anyone can print an embassy web site ..... even cheaters. 

-------------
Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:17pm
Hello Sindbad
Just having a glance at this forum before my travel tomorrow. I must say Mrstaycation has such thoughtful inputs, and compels to concur. So if I were you Sindbad I would follow his advice.
Thanks again Mrstaycation for all the information and the advices you shared with us.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
thanks Guys for all your precious advices
specially Mrstaycation
mtl007 have a nice trip

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:35pm
You all welcome
And safe travels Mtl007

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:51am
Thank you all.
I'm going to enjoy my vacation ... just a couple hours left before flying over the Atlantic.
Happy holidays and new year.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:07am
Hi everybody
January 2010, 840 applicants will be or are already invited for Oath ceremony in Montreal CIC. Far less than October 2009, in which there were 3435 invitations.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:17am
1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:06/01/2010 Time:14:00

100 new Canadians will receive their citizenship. Citizenship Judge Renée GIROUX will preside.

1025,rue St-Jacques Ouest  Date:08/01/2010 Time:8:30

80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship. Citizenship Judge Renée GIROUX will preside.

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:08/01/2010 Time:9:30

80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship. Citizenship Judge Renée GIROUX will preside.

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:15/01/2010 Time:8:30

80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date: 15/01/2010 Time:9:30

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:22/01/2010 Time:8:30

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:22/01/2010 Time:9:30

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:25/01/2010 Time:14:00

100 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:29/01/2010 Time:8:30

1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:29/01/2010 Time:9:30

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Hello
Please share your time-lines for Montreal CIC. The more you do the better we can understand the delays.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:29pm

Hi Mystarcation,

A person told me today that his application was received on November 15, 2008 and he is scheduled in Montreal for the test on jANUARY 5, 2010.
And previoulsly alltime said that his application was received in November 2008 and he is scheduled for the test in January 11, 2010
I dont  know  anymore when I can be scheduled for a test. My application was received on January 7 in  montreal. Any december or January applicants in Montreal were scheduled for the test?

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 9:52pm
Hello Mendie
Most November applicants got their test scheduled last November or current December, though there's different cases, as some get their file lagged because of background checks taking more time than usual... anyway there's a lot of possible scenarios.
I managed to get you two time-lines from a french speaking forum

Dossier recu au cic le 27 novembre2008
Traitement commencé le 07 mai 2009
Le dossier est transféré a montréal le 09 juin 2009
test le 08 decembre 2009.

Dossier reçu au CIC le 4 décembre 2008
Nous avons commencé le traitement de votre demande le 14 mai 2009.
Votre dossier a été transféré au bureau de Montréal, CIC le 10 juillet 2009.
test le 8 décembre 2009

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:39pm
Many thanks mrstaycation.
I hope ill get mine by mid jan at the latest. I wanted to visit my family and I didnt during the holidays waiting for z test.

Posted By: sputnikx
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:43am
There are roughly 22,000 citizenship applications for the Montreal CIC office a year. If we fall under 1850 Oath a month, it will add to the backlog again.

I don't understand why the oaths are going down again, after all we got another citizenship judge.

Posted By: sputnikx
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 11:30pm
Ok, my file got finally transferred, so I am moving over to the Montreal thread ;)

here is my timeline:

14-05-2009 -- application mailed to Sydney
19-05-2009 -- application received
13-11-2009 -- e-cas showing received
19-11-2009 -- e-cas showing in process
22-12-2009 -- file transferred to CIC Montreal

... now waiting for the test!!

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 12:32am
Way to go sputnikx
Thanks for sharing your timeline

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 7:57pm
January applicants any update ?

Posted By: egycanadian
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 10:15pm
Hi mrstaycation..Hi germ_guz Hi everybody..!!

I never knew that the fourm been moved .anway it's good that I found it

here is my time line again..

We received your application on November 10, 2008.

We started processing your application on March 26, 2009

Your file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on April 23, 2009

test date NOV/12/09

waiting 4 oath ...waiiiiiiiiiiting

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:03am

it's very disappointing to know people who applied in December and January are getting test and oath the same day. This girl I know will have both interview and oath on Jan 6th (She submitted application in Dec/08). I had my interview on 27/Nov and still waiting for oath

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:35am
Hi Germ-guz,
When did ur friend apply in december? I am trying to figure out when they will schedule January applicants like me.
Thank you and hope you will get your oath soon

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:23am
Hi Egycanadian
Nice to hear from you again!
I sent you a message on your old forum inbox to let you know about this thread!!! I think you didn't get it!!!
Anyhow, welcome back

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
Hello Germ_guz
I know friends who applied a week before me and they got test + oath the same day more than two weeks before my test day!!! Mtl007 applied later than me and he already got oath.
To tell the truth I'm glad they got done with this long process, they are already outside the queue, which means for the others less waiting.
What really concerns me is the ridiculous number of scheduled oath ceremonies for January (840 persons in Montreal). It means more waiting since they are way behind their full capacity, we have seen around 3500 persons per month scheduled September and October.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 3:47pm
Hi Egycanadian

By the way, I don't think you'll get any RQ since it's been a month and 1/2 since that bitter taste interview... Keep finger crossed for a close oath ceremony!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:35pm
Hi mrstaycation !

that's why I am so dissapointed. We have to wait longer than people who applied after :( 

Posted By: egycanadian
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:49pm
Hi mestaycation ..

thanks a lot 4 everything,about the RQ so far I didn't receive none..

but you never know till the oath ..according to previous experince from

other people..

also according to other people experince that they received the oath

litter just 12 to 14 days before the date,unfortunatly that means we'r

not in the first half of january.,and if you remember janjoun his test

was OCT/5 and oath DEC/2 that means we should be on january..hope so

by the way happy new year for you and everybody here

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:50pm
Hello

For all of you I wish the best in 2010

Beer  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Party

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:48am
Hi guys
My ecas got updated this morning ,  the test date is sheduled on January 21st Cool

(here is my timeline:
Dec 31st 2008 Application sent by mail

January, 21st 2010: Test

Happy new year ! Beer

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 11:27am
Congratulations Antoine and what a great way to start the new year.
Happy new year to all of you.
As for me I havn't been scheduled for a test yet.Antoine, we have sent our application on the same date but maybe because my file was transferred to the montreal office one monthe after yours.
I hope i'll get it soon.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:45am
Good luck Antoine for the test!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 6:32pm
Hi Antoine
In addition to the information provided in the previous posts within this forum, the CIC website provides all the questions you may get:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/publications/look/look-22.asp - English version

http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/ressources/publications/regard/regard-22.asp - Version

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:47am
By the way you don’t have to worry ‘bout the new booklet “Discover Canada”. The test is still as before if taken before March 15th. So stick to the booklet “A look at Canada”. The info can be verified through this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp - link to CIC website.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 11:35am
GRRRRRR!Angry
I just noticed: two Montreal CIC ceremonies scheduled on Jan 22nd have been canceled. 
This means 160 less people getting oath this month and it's ridiculous, now the total for January is 680. Just to remind October = 3435 peoples, and November = 3240 peoples.
Guys prepare for a long winter hibernation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/specialev/english/search_recherche.cfm - Check for ceremonies?
1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:22/01/2010 Time:8:30
80 new Canadians will NOT receive their citizenship.
1025, rue St-Jacques Ouest Date:22/01/2010 Time:9:30
80 new Canadians will NOT receive their citizenship.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:55pm
THANKS Mrstaycation  ! I couldn't believe my e-cas was updated on january 1st, I  thought I was still drunk from new year's eve party Big smile

Posted By: kitkat
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:00pm
Hi Mendie, Hi everyone

Here's my timeline (close to yours):

CIC received app on Jan 12, 2009
Started Processing on July 09, 2009
File Transferred to Montreal CIC office on Aug 19, 2009

Good luck everyone and happy 2010

January applicants any update ?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:32pm
Hello Germ_guz

Please update us tomorrow or later about test n oath of your friend.
Tnx

Originally posted by germ_guz germ_guz wrote:

it's very disappointing to know people who applied in December and January are getting test and oath the same day. This girl I know will have both interview and oath on Jan 6th (She submitted application in Dec/08). I had my interview on 27/Nov and still waiting for oath

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:33pm
Hi KitKat,
When do you think we will be scheduled for the test?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:59pm
Btw,anyone were able to check his application online today?

Print Page | Close Window