Print Page | Close Window

Bring to Medical (American)

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9464
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 5:21am

Topic: Bring to Medical (American)
Posted By: catheaven
Subject: Bring to Medical (American)
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:19pm
What were you required to bring to your medical exam? I know that for a medical to immigrate the the States from Canada I needed proof of my immunizations and I had my yellow Ontario immunization card for that. Would an American have to bring information regarding immunizations? How about a letter from the doctor detailing conditions diagnosed and prescriptions (or can that just be word of mouth from the patient)?

Replies:
Posted By: computergeek
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:38pm
If you have existing medical conditions, a letter from your doctor can be useful, but is not absolutely required.  Spousal sponsored applications are "excessive demand exempt" so the only medical grounds for exemption relate to hazards to public health (e.g., active tuberculosis, for example.)  But you don't need immunization records.

-------------
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012

Posted By: catheaven
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:59pm
Excellent! Thank you very much for answering!

Print Page | Close Window