Print Page | Close Window

Outland October/November/December

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=93
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 6:21am

Topic: Outland October/November/December
Posted By: trebass
Subject: Outland October/November/December
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:22am
Hello!!

Figured we'd want another thread started so here it is!

Here's my progress so far......

November 19th - Sent to CPC-M
November 20th - Rcvd by CPC-M

... YA NOT VERY FAR I KNOW!!

Replies:
Posted By: Ravenesque
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:23pm

Took me a couple of days to figure out that there's a new forum, lol. I was wondering why the old thread was locked.

Technically, I'm December outland. My progress:

Nov-30-2009 - Sent to CPC-M
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:22pm
OK we can add December to this one also!

I think that makes alot more sense anyways....

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:28pm
(shaking poms poms) Yay for December! We're the Q3 2009 Outlanders!

-------------
-----------------------------------------
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle

Posted By: flipxxxflop
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:45pm
Hey everyone,

I sent mine on Nov. 2nd and still have not heard anything from CIC-MIS!
Kinda stressing me out.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
Originally posted by flipxxxflop flipxxxflop wrote:

Hey everyone,

I sent mine on Nov. 2nd and still have not heard anything from CIC-MIS!
Kinda stressing me out.
Sorry to hear!

Your past 31 days...can't you call and inquire with CIC???

Posted By: ravi75
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:32pm
hi all

my sponsorship application timeline

application sent : Nov 2nd
application received : Nov 4th
decission made : Nov 30th

and

waiting...

rgds
ravi

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:04pm
How does everyone know when it was received?
Did CIC contact you?
or just tracking? I know you can track a package but does cic send you something saying they got your app?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:53pm
I know CIC received it because I checked on Canada Post tracking. Right now it's not showing up on the ecas yet: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

The wait is killing me.

-------------

Posted By: dealic
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
Yay! I have been meaning to come and start a new thread but its been a crazy busy week!

My timeline:

We got married: Sept 17, 2009
Application Mailed to Mississauga: Oct 9, 2009
Received: Oct 13, 2009
Started Processing: Oct 29, 2009
Decision Made: Oct 29, 2009
Sponsor Approved!
Letter received: Nov 3, 2009
AOR from Buffalo (by email): Nov 17, 2009
PPR (by email): Nov 24, 2009
Went to Buffalo to get Visa on Passport: Dec 3, 2009
Landed: Dec 4, 2009

He's here! He has a SIN number and can work, and has a good chance of being able to transfer within the company he works for. It all happened so fast. We are very lucky. The process in Buffalo and at the border was very easy, although it took some time at each. But its all over now and we can begin our lives together, all in about 2.5 months since our wedding.

I can't wait till some others of us begin to hear good news too! Good luck!

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

Yay! I have been meaning to come and start a new thread but its been a crazy busy week!

My timeline:

Sponsor Approved!

He's here! He has a SIN number and can work, and has a good chance of being able to transfer within the company he works for. It all happened so fast. We are very lucky. The process in Buffalo and at the border was very easy, although it took some time at each. But its all over now and we can begin our lives together, all in about 2.5 months since our wedding.

I can't wait till some others of us begin to hear good news too! Good luck!

Wow, that's quick.

-------------

Posted By: tgchi13
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:50pm
How the cr@p did you pull that off?? Enquiring minds need to know!

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:31pm
I just got my ecas and it say Decision Made! Hopefully it is on its way to Buffalo!!

TimeLine
App sent-Nov. 2nd,2009
Received App-Nov. 13,2009
Started Processing-Dec. 4th 2009
Decision Made-Dec. 4th 2009

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

How the cr@p did you pull that off?? Enquiring minds need to know!

Honestly we have no idea! But we aren't fighting it that's for sure!

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:02pm
Well then, congratulations nonetheless.

Be well and happy!

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Posted By: ecs
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:57am
wow! Congrats!

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay
Resent:12Jun
Spon Appvd:03Sep
AOR(Buffalo):14Sep
PPR Request:23Nov
Landed:25Nov

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:19pm

I just got my ecas and it say Decision Made! Hopefully it is on its way to Buffalo!!

TimeLine
App sent-Nov. 2nd,2009
Received App-Nov. 13,2009
Started Processing-Dec. 4th 2009
Decision Made-Dec. 4th 2009

WOO!! Congrats! I'm sure it is great news coming your way.

That also means that ours should be approved this week :D

How exciting!

Posted By: netrob
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:11pm
Application sent November 13th.
Application received November 15th.
Sponsorship approval received today, December 9th

:)

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:00am
yay! Congrats!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by netrob netrob wrote:

Congrats, Netrob! Hopefully I'll hear from mine before Xmas.

-------------

Posted By: diddagirl
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
Wahoo!!! Logged into e-cas this morning expecting nothing... and low and behold, DECISION MADE! When I click on Decision made it says:
We started processing your application on November 4, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

For some reason Buffalo has not been emailing anything to us, just regular mail. So I guess we wait for PPR request now? I am sooo happy and excited. Total time from when Mississauga recieved application to when Buffalo made decision = 2 months and 5 days!!

Posted By: YorkFactory
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:45pm
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything electronic from Buffalo except for the generic form e-mail with my name and immigration file number.

I'm two days by mail from Buffalo, so if they sent something on Monday after the mail pickup, or on Tuesday, I might get it today. (I'm hoping the Canadian address format doesn't confuse the USPS; we've been OK so far.)

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:36pm
Did your app just change to Decision Made as well York Factory? If so, keep me updated on your PPR letter!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:39pm
Yay Diddagirl!!!!! I was hoping you'd hear soon! This is amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:17pm
I don't suppose anyone knows what period of time they don't work over the Xmas/New Year period? Do they happen to take a few weeks off? Lol.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:23pm

Yay Diddagirl!!!!! I was hoping you'd hear soon! This is amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Aw, thanks dealic!! So I guess the secret wish came true for both of us, and we are a couple of those lucky people who got their application finalized in just 2 months! (Even though I think you guys hold the record for FASTEST decision ever made!;)

By the way, how are things going for you guys? Is hubby getting settled into Canada yet? I am sure everything feels absolutely AMAZING for you right now..!!

Posted By: anna27
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:32pm

App Sent

Aug 17th

App Received Mississauga

Aug 19th

Approval letter

Sept 15th

In process

Sept 28th

Fingerprints done

Oct 6th

IA complete

Nov 5th

did anyone recieve a letter from buffalo office stating that Initial assessment is complete and no interview is needed.....now what is gonig to happen......it's almost a month when i received the letter and my status is still IN PROCESS since sept 28th.....

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:49pm
Hey Anna,
I did receive an Initial Assessment letter, stating no interview required. It did state that although they had proof of his medicals being completed, they had yet to receive them. Did yours state anything about that? If they are not requiring any additional documents, and no interview, more then likely they are waiting in the medicals before they finalize the application.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by diddagirl diddagirl wrote:

Did your app just change to Decision Made as well York Factory? If so, keep me updated on your PPR letter!

Yeah, it changed at some point before about 1:30 pm on Monday.

Nothing via e-mail yet, and nothing in the regular mail as of yesterday evening. I hope they've sent it already if they're sending it via regular mail, because I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 3:54pm

Aw, thanks dealic!! So I guess the secret wish came true for both of us, and we are a couple of those lucky people who got their application finalized in just 2 months! (Even though I think you guys hold the record for FASTEST decision ever made!;)

By the way, how are things going for you guys? Is hubby getting settled into Canada yet? I am sure everything feels absolutely AMAZING for you right now..!!

I know, I am happy for us both! Its going amazingly! I love having him here. He got his SIN Number the day he landed and has been applying for jobs and also to college for next September. Its so amazing to be finally moving forward.

I hope you get your letter soon!

Posted By: anna27
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 4:45pm
hey thank you so much for replying......................actually he got his medical done in july 09 and i submitted the application in aug 09 and sent the medical and i believe his medical got to buffalo before the application......so when they changed status on ECAS into in process on sept 28th 09, it also states that medical have been received....................so IA letter was recieved on nov 6th 09 ...............it's been a month now no updates.............should i call them? and we were planning to visit US is that possible to take the passport to buffalo and give them personally, can we get it back same day......................i am just waiting for them to request passport and then plan holidays accordingly.............................

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by anna27 anna27 wrote:

hey thank you so much for replying......................actually he got his medical done in july 09 and i submitted the application in aug 09 and sent the medical and i believe his medical got to buffalo before the application......so when they changed status on ECAS into in process on sept 28th 09, it also states that medical have been received....................so IA letter was recieved on nov 6th 09 ...............it's been a month now no updates.............should i call them? and we were planning to visit US is that possible to take the passport to buffalo and give them personally, can we get it back same day......................i am just waiting for them to request passport and then plan holidays accordingly.............................

Hmm... to be honest I am not sure then if they have received the medicals what could be causing the delay. I know that one such person on here (ecs) lived near Buffalo and actually popped in to speak with a VO and inquire why their file hadnt been finalized. The officer was able to tell them what the hold up was an assited them in getting it finalized. I don't think that is by any means the normal protocol and I also think it was an exceptionally nice VO! But if you live in the area, maybe its worth a shot?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 9:53pm
still no response from CPC-M for us.....I have a feeling that Mon or Tues will be the day!!!

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm
Just got my letter from CIC-M APPROVED!!! They sent it to Buffalo. Shouldn't be to much longer now. I hope!

-------------
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
Received Sponship Letter-Dec 12
AOR- Dec 16
Buffalo Started Processing. Dec 16
File Trans to Detroit-Jan 12

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:10pm
My bf received his PPR via email from Buffalo today! So quick...we are thrilled. Gonna try and head all the way over to Buffalo to deliver the passport in person and do the landing all in one quick shot.
Good luck to everyone.... hang in there!

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:09pm

My bf received his PPR via email from Buffalo today! So quick...we are thrilled. Gonna try and head all the way over to Buffalo to deliver the passport in person and do the landing all in one quick shot. Good luck to everyone.... hang in there!

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS

-------------
tgchi ~

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:21pm
Thanks tgchi!!Smile

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:13pm

My bf received his PPR via email from Buffalo today! So quick...we are thrilled. Gonna try and head all the way over to Buffalo to deliver the passport in person and do the landing all in one quick shot.
Good luck to everyone.... hang in there!

Clap Big smile Clap Big smile

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for both of us! Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all have the luck we have had.

Big smile

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm

Clap Big smile Clap Big smile

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for both of us! Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all have the luck we have had.

Big smile

Thanks dealic, I really appreciate it! I am also thrilled for both of us.... it really could not have worked out better, eh!? I feel like we really lucked out! Tongue

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:13pm
Somehow, I have a passport request in my inbox today, less than two months after standing in line at the post office to mail a box full of paper to Canada. I expected this to take until May. I'm still kind of shocked that it's been this fast.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by YorkFactory YorkFactory wrote:

Somehow, I have a passport request in my inbox today, less than two months after standing in line at the post office to mail a box full of paper to Canada. I expected this to take until May. I'm still kind of shocked that it's been this fast.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a great period to apply that's for sure! We are all really lucky!

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:10pm

Thanks dealic, I really appreciate it! I am also thrilled for both of us.... it really could not have worked out better, eh!? I feel like we really lucked out! Tongue

I know, we are very lucky! I am thrilled, still, after he's been here for weeks. It also makes me really glad that others are getting quick replies too. I know how hard the waiting is and I am glad its not only us who have lucked out.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:12pm
Maybe the IO have the seasonal spirt? Regardless - Congratulations! Even if you don't get to spend you Holy days with your family, you know this portion of your journey is over and that is a Happy Holy Days thing!

-------------
tgchi ~

Posted By: hbwpg
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:04am
Congratulations!!!

That's what we're hoping for.

We've been planning our wedding for June 5th and right now he's back in the States. However, we decided to not to wait and, while we're still planning the June 5th vow renewal with all of our friends and family at the lake, I'm heading down there next month for a civil ceremony with my father, who lives in BC.

We're putting together the foundation of the application now so we can mail it shortly after we're married and we're hoping for a good timeline - it would be fabulous for him to have PR by June so we don't have to worry about his entry.

Congratulations! I hope some of your good luck is passed onto some of us! :)

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#000000 size=2>Yay! I have been meaning to come and start a new thread but its been a crazy busy week!

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#000000 size=2>My timeline:

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#000000 size=2>

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#000000 size=2>We got married: Sept 17, 2009

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#000000 size=2>Application Mailed to Mississauga: Oct 9, 2009Received: Oct 13, 2009Started Processing: Oct 29, 2009Decision Made: Oct 29, 2009Sponsor Approved!Letter received: Nov 3, 2009AOR from Buffalo (by email): Nov 17, 2009PPR (by email): Nov 24, 2009

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Went to Buffalo to get Visa on Passport: Dec 3, 2009

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Landed: Dec 4, 2009

<FONT face=Arial size=2>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>He's here! He has a SIN number and can work, and has a good chance of being able to transfer within the company he works for. It all happened so fast. We are very lucky. The process in Buffalo and at the border was very easy, although it took some time at each. But its all over now and we can begin our lives together, all in about 2.5 months since our wedding.

<FONT face=Arial size=2>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>I can't wait till some others of us begin to hear good news too! Good luck!

<FONT face=Arial size=2>

Posted By: hbwpg
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:05am
Congratulations!!!

It warms the heart and lifts the spirits to see people having a good experience with this.

Where did you apply out of?

Posted By: SCsquare
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:51am
hey guys: although my application was sent in end aug.. but somehow we got delayed in sponsorship approval... thus my application has reached buffalo jst a few days ago..
i  have seen in this thread that somehow people are receiving there PPR's very fast after there AOR's from buffalo.. i hope our application is processed in buffalo this quick too

-------------
App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by SCsquare SCsquare wrote:

hey guys: although my application was sent in end aug.. but somehow we got delayed in sponsorship approval... thus my application has reached buffalo jst a few days ago..
i  have seen in this thread that somehow people are receiving there PPR's very fast after there AOR's from buffalo.. i hope our application is processed in buffalo this quick too

I hope yours is fast. We got our PPR exactly 1 week after our AOR from Buffalo, both by email. I hope you are as lucky! Good luck!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:35pm
Thanks dealic for ur kinds words.. i hope this thread turns out lucky for us as well  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:31am
DECISION MADE!!!!

Just logged into ECAS this morning and low and behold we finally got something!!!

What a relief!

Rcvd on Nov 20th
Start processing on Dec 15th
Decision Made on Dec 16th

Now we wait for the letter!!! WOOO!! I'm sure it's good news in this letter......

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:53am

Wahoo!!! Logged into e-cas this morning expecting nothing... and low and behold, DECISION MADE! When I click on Decision made it says:
We started processing your application on November 4, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

For some reason Buffalo has not been emailing anything to us, just regular mail. So I guess we wait for PPR request now? I am sooo happy and excited. Total time from when Mississauga recieved application to when Buffalo made decision = 2 months and 5 days!!

Congrats, diddagirl! That timeline is amazing!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:55am

Just got my letter from CIC-M APPROVED!!! They sent it to Buffalo. Shouldn't be to much longer now. I hope!
Tongue Yay!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:58am

OMG, I hope my application goes smoothly like yours. Congrats!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by trebass trebass wrote:

DECISION MADE!!!!

Just logged into ECAS this morning and low and behold we finally got something!!!

What a relief!

Rcvd on Nov 20th

Now we wait for the letter!!! WOOO!! I'm sure it's good news in this letter......
I'm sure it is! Congrats!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by trebass trebass wrote:

DECISION MADE!!!!

What a relief!

Rcvd on Nov 20th

Congrats!

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:14pm
You know, I think we really hit the right time to apply! We got our PPR in 42 days. Diddagirl and YorkFactory in less than 2 months. Anyone else I am missing who has heard already? I hope everyone else waiting has similar luck. Its really been a lucky thread so far!

Can everyone please post their timelines so we can compile a list so we can keep track of everyone? I find it hard to remember where everyone is in the process.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:18pm
Ok, here goes an official list:

Approved:

Dealic
Outland Spousal through Buffalo
Sponsor Approved!

Diddagirl
Outland common law application via Buffalo
October 5- Application received by CPC-M
October 26- Decision made; Sponsorship Approved
November 4 - Buffalo started processing
November 19- Initial Assessment received- interview waived
December 10- Medicals received and Decision Made!
December 14- PPR via email
Delivering passport in person to Buffalo on Dec 22!

Pending:

Give me your info and I will edit this post and add it (I could go back through the thread and find everyone's but I am short on time right now....)

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 7:26pm

You know, I think we really hit the right time to apply! We got our PPR in 42 days. Diddagirl and YorkFactory in less than 2 months. Anyone else I am missing who has heard already? I hope everyone else waiting has similar luck. Its really been a lucky thread so far!

Can everyone please post their timelines so we can compile a list so we can keep track of everyone? I find it hard to remember where everyone is in the process.

I totally agree- we must have applied when Buffalo is either very well staffed, or maybe hustling for the X-mas season? So happy to see that we are all getting approved so quickly!

diddagirl timeline:
Outland common law application via Buffalo
October 5- Application received by CPC-M
October 26- Decision made; Sponsorship Approved
November 4 - Buffalo started processing
November 19- Initial Assessment received- interview waived
December 10- Medicals received and Decision Made!
December 14- PPR via email
Delivering passport in person to Buffalo on Dec 22!

Posted By: launched
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:15am
Congratulations! dealic and didagirl!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 5:41pm
Rcvd on Nov 20th
Received letter Approval letter on Dec 21st onto Buffalo!!

Hopefully it will be as quick as the rest of you....but with the holiday season I think we may see a little delay..

Wanna know what you guys think of my wife's Police Background Check..... she received the first on back Sept. 1st.... they say that they aren't supposed to be over 90 days old. They weren't 90 days old when we sent in the package to CPC-M....but they are 90 days old now... will that make a difference you think?

Cheers!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
Yay!!!!!

Congrats!

I think they are only supposed to be taken within 90 days of when you first apply. Of course it will go over the 90 days during the process.

I hope you get a really quick response from Buffalo!

Posted By: mitamata
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 7:17pm
As long as it's not over 3 months old when it reaches Mississauga, it's usually ok and the visa office doesn't request for it to be redone. They only do that in cases when the process is exceptionally long (ie if it goes on for a year or more), often with cases where the appeal had been won. So most likely you won't have to redo it.

-------------
Outland - spousal - Vienna - 2009
Feb 16th - app received at CPC-M
Mar 3rd - decision made at CPC-M
Mar 27th - received AOR
Apr 29th - PPR received via email
May 12th - Passport with visa received :)

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 7:58pm
Sorry I haven't got to update everyone! With Christmas and all. Me and the wife been super BUSY!!! But here it goes Buffalo Rec. our app on Dec. 16 and started processing it on Dec.16 WHOA!!!
Not much long now!
check my timeline for update!

-------------
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
AOR- Dec 16

Posted By: peachy871
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 10:02pm
My sponsorship application timeline:

November 16th - application sent
November 19th - received in Mississauga (on EMS)
December 16th - Decision made, letter sent.

Still waiting for the letter to arrive so I can find out what the decision is...

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 10:39am
Awesome! Congrats and good luck to both of you!

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by netrob netrob wrote:

I checked online today and looks like they started processing in London on the 23rd December and have received my medicals. Hopefully not much longer now LOL

Posted By: EgyCan
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:43am
App.sent Dec 10/09(spousal)
Rec'd by CPC-Miss Dec 17/09  (Thanks to an idiot working in UPS who put my package on a truck instead of a plane Cry)

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 12:42pm

Recived by buffalo and started processing on 9th Dec.. waiting to hear from them next. Disapprove

-------------

Posted By: OMOSapiens
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:14pm
December 23rd - Sent to CPC-M
December 24th - Rcvd by CPC-M

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 7:00am
Peachy,

How do you know that the letter is sent?

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:35am
EgyCan,

We FINALLY were showing in ECAS about a month after I mailed in our applications. I was able to trace our applications through EMS on the postal website, so I know when immigration received them.

I kept driving myself nuts constantly checking ECAS but was not in the system for ages. I finally was able to restrain myself to checking only every 2 or 3 days when finally, on Dec. 17th, I looked and there it was! We were finally in the system! It showed a little chart and under the heading for sponsorship application, it said "Decision Made". When I click on that, it gives me the following details:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXX on November 19, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2009.

We sent you a letter on December 16, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

So the letter has not yet arrived but right now mail is slow...holiday season and all. Hoping it will be in my mailbox in the first week of the New Year. And hoping the decision that they made is "yes!". There is no reason I would be declined as a sponsor but still...until I finally see the actual words, I am going to worry!

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:01pm
Peachy, Is there a way to check without a file number?

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:25pm
Yes. I used my receipt number.

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 10:41pm
Hello everybody.
I'm reading that a lot of your decisions were made in a month or so after your application was sent. Did you guys sent the application to Missisouga? did you ment the first stage decision?
I sent my application in missisouga and on the site I read that it takes 35 days in mississouga and average 7 months in Italy... but you all got the decision made sooner...

I'm confused....

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:31pm
My progress:

Nov-30-2009 - Sent to CPC-M
Dec-30-2009 - Processed and Decision made by CPC-M

Letter is in the mail!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 1:33am
Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

Hello everybody.
I'm reading that a lot of your decisions were made in a month or so after your application was sent. Did you guys sent the application to Missisouga? did you ment the first stage decision?
I sent my application in missisouga and on the site I read that it takes 35 days in mississouga and average 7 months in Italy... but you all got the decision made sooner...

I'm confused....

Hi OMOSapiens- 35 days is the average processing time in Mississauaga (for the sponsorship portion of the application). They are however, in many cases, processing it much fast then 35 days. (My sponsorship for instance was approved in 20 days). I think what you may be seeing is some people's sponsorship approval and decision made- but not their PR part of the application.
After sponsorship is approved, the application is forwarded to the local visa office. Some visa offices (specifically Buffalo) seem to be prcessing application in 1-2 months as of late, so there definitely has been fast approvals. Hope this helps and good luck!

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 3:35am
OMOSapiens - Diddagirl is right about the process; sponsorship done in Mississauga then PR application done in the local visa office for your country. That is the part that takes the longest. While some visa offices seem to be processing things very quickly (1-2 months), if your visa office takes longer, don't lose faith! Just keep an eye on the average processing times for your local visa office and as long as you are still within that, don't sweat it. You will get there!

But here is hoping that your visa office goes quicker than the norm!!

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:39am
CONGRATS Ravenesque! My Fingers Are Crossed For You!!

-------------
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
AOR- Dec 16

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:16am
Currently it takes 38 days in CPC-M, we are talking about this only. Keep in mind that the 38days include 10days mailing, so it is in fact 28days.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

Is this the number starting with R0?

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by EgyCan EgyCan wrote:

Is this the number starting with R0?

Yes, that is the one!

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:30pm
Thanks to everybody. Is clearer now.
So I could have sent the application to Buffalo too... Even being italian?
Can I still change it?

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

Thanks to everybody. Is clearer now.
So I could have sent the application to Buffalo too... Even being italian?
Can I still change it?

The only way that you could have sent your application to Buffalo, is if you are American (Buffalo is the defualt visa office for American citizens), OR if you have been legally admitted to Canada for a period of a LEAST 1 year (such as a work visa, student visa etc...). If not, you did the right thing!

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:15am
I sent my application in November 16th, they received it on November 19th. They processed my application for sponsorship, made a decision and mailed my letter, all on December 16th. It still isn't here.

However, today, I did receive a cheque for an overpayment I had made in error when I paid our fees. It was mailed on December 22nd, about a week after the letter... but the letter is still not here. EEEEEeeek! I was so excited! But when I opened it, it was the first time I ever thought "MONEY?!?!?!! I don't want money!!" LOL

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am taking it as a good sign that the refund was only for the overpayment and nothing else. (Although I am a little confused as to why they would send a cheque rather than refund the credit card through which it was paid. The cheque is completely useless to me in Japan. Chequing does not exist here.)

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:27am
That is frustrating. I have heard people call them and can be told the decision, although I didn't do this and don't know how. I am lucky in that I live very close to Mississauga so my letter got here very quickly, but I know how hard the wait was. I hope its there soon.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 9:44am
Thanks, dealic! I am sure it will be here soon. Just letting off steam.

I cannot call CIC from Japan...the toll free number does not cover this area. That is fine. Everything will happen in its own due course!!

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 11:02am
Yeah I wondered if that would be a factor. Well, I am sure its a yes! I hope you hear soon.

Posted By: tunisianbride
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:29pm
Hi Everyone!  I'm sponsoring my husband from Tunisia through the Paris Office, and I was accepted as sponsor on November 4th.  I checked ECAS today, and finally it says 'in process' and that they started processing our application on December 29th.  The strange thing is, that I've been checking ECAS using my husband's name, DOB and country, but when nothing showed up, I checked under 'my' name, DOB and country, and this is when it came up 'in process' Confused  Anyways, I'm happy to see that they are finally working on our file and that it didn't get lost on it's way to France, because one never knows this for sure. Wink  My husband should be getting his letter any day now, I would think.  I'm also sending a 2nd package to Paris this week, with more proof of our marriage being a genuine one.  I don't know if this will help or not, but with this being my 2nd sponsorship, I thought the more proof, the better!Tongue

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by tunisianbride tunisianbride wrote:

Hi Everyone!  I'm sponsoring my husband from Tunisia through the Paris Office, and I was accepted as sponsor on November 4th.  I checked ECAS today, and finally it says 'in process' and that they started processing our application on December 29th.  The strange thing is, that I've been checking ECAS using my husband's name, DOB and country, but when nothing showed up, I checked under 'my' name, DOB and country, and this is when it came up 'in process' Confused  Anyways, I'm happy to see that they are finally working on our file and that it didn't get lost on it's way to France, because one never knows this for sure. Wink  My husband should be getting his letter any day now, I would think.  I'm also sending a 2nd package to Paris this week, with more proof of our marriage being a genuine one.  I don't know if this will help or not, but with this being my 2nd sponsorship, I thought the more proof, the better!Tongue

I hope it is the right thing because I am sending more photos after the official wedding & the honeymoon.

By the way guys, and gals of Dec... A bad news... it is as of today CPC-M processes in 42 days!! The  holidays effect! I expect it to go down in the coming two week. I expect mine (received in the 17th of Dec, to be processed by the 15th hopefullyHug )

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:45pm

I still haven't receive my letter from CIC about the decision made on my application so at the urging of hubby, I called them this morning to inquire.

Yes!--I'm eligible to sponsor and Yes!--the application has already been forwarded to Buffalo, NY Visa Office for processing. I asked if I would receive any acknowledgement of receipt from them and the agent replied that they would be contacting my husband.

Also he said that the processing time is anywhere from six to twelve months, but that the Office is not very busy so it's not that bad (his words).

Six to twelve months! I'm expecting it to be completed in one to two months!

Oh the agony of waiting!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:01pm
Well the official waiting time is 5-12 months or so, but that's based on the year from October to September. Right now, many people are receiving PPR's MUCH faster than that. Don't worry! 

Posted By: hollyreturns
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:09pm
App sent: Sept 22, 2009 App received: Sept 23, 2009 App started processing Oct 14, 2009 Decision made Oct 14, Spon approved, file sent to Mexico City Nov 4th, 2009, App started processing & details requested Nov 4th, 2009 Medicals recieved.

Can anyone tell me why they requested more details, and why all of the things that they requested were not specific to our case? Things like, Quebec and refugee status which don't apply and a request for my email...
The processing time in Mexico City is 6-15 months right now. Do you think that them requesting additional, even if nonpertenent, details could slow our processing?

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:04pm
Hi Holly! They might have requested your email for contact purposes. As for the other things, what form numbers, specifically, did they request? (ex: IMM0000) Every case is different, but if you and your spouse/partner don't live in and aren't going to be living in Quebec, I am not sure why they would ask for that.

If these requests are at the beginning of the processing stage, I doubt it will slow things down too much as long as you respond before the deadline they gave. And if these requests have nothing to do with your case, you could try calling the visa office in Mexico City (that is where you are now, right?) to inquire about it; if they don't take calls, you could try emailing them. Only problem with email is one never knows how quick they are with responding.

Good luck! Hopefully someone else out there has had experience applying from Mexico and can give you some firsthand info!

-------------
Peachy

Posted By: tunisianbride
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:23am
Yay!  My husband called me from Tunisia to tell me he got his AOR today! 

My Timeline:

Sponsorship application Rec'd by CIC Mississauga:  Oct. 8/09
Sponsorship approved:  Nov.4/09
In Process:  Dec.29/09
AOR:  January 7th, 2010.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 1:38pm
Yayyyyyyyyy

We received your application to sponsor on December 16, 2009.
We started processing your application on January 7, 2010. 

This is a good news for everyone... the CPC-M is now roughly 31 days :o)
I called, and they said I was approved and it was sent to Damascus today :o)

Posted By: AnhTu604
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 2:56pm
I received a letter to confirn approval of 1st stage.
I was given an ID# and a KIT#.
What is a KIT # about anyways?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:53pm
Hello everybody.
How can I check my application status? I mean: I have paid online and I have no number to put in
:(

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:26pm
OMOSapiens  if you paid online
Go to this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
and select Receipt Number from the drop down menu.  On your reciept there should be an RO number where you paid online, you put that number in with your sponsors last name, DOB and where they live.  You can use that if CIC has recieved your package and put you in the system.But if it doesn't work you are not in the system yet. 

-------------
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
AOR- Dec 16

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:06pm
Yayyy!!! I am about at the same stage as you folks, tunisianbride and EgyCan!

Just one question though, folks on here...after the sponsorship decision was made, did anyone actually receive a letter to say what the decision was? I never did but am assuming that I was approved, because my partner's application for PR was sent on to Tokyo and we received confirmation that it was received and a request for one more form and for his passport.

-------------
Peachy

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:08pm

Yayyy!!! I am about at the same stage as you folks, tunisianbride and EgyCan!

Just one question though, folks on here...after the sponsorship decision was made, did anyone actually receive a letter to say what the decision was? I never did but am assuming that I was approved, because my partner's application for PR was sent on to Tokyo and we received confirmation that it was received and a request for one more form and for his passport.

If your husband received a passport request, this mean you need to pack Clap

By law, I guess they need to return it in 30 days, as I remember when I landed.Wink

And yes you should receive a letter that will say you were approved, but who cares! It is in Damascus for me, Tokyo for you... that is You are approvedBig smile

All the letter will give you is a client ID... who cares again, you have access to ecas.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:13pm
If your husband received a passport request, this mean you need to pack

Wow!!! You just took my breath away with that one! OH MY GOSH!! I can't wait!! We were banking on August...but could be sooner...we will just have to see!

-------------
Peachy

Print Page | Close Window