Print Page | Close Window

Religious workers in Canada

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Work Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm

Topic: Religious workers in Canada
Posted By: khk
Subject: Religious workers in Canada
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm
I need to move to Montreal as a religious worker at the invitation of a Canadian church. A friend of mine tells me that I can apply for residency or a work permit if I want to be paid directly by my American agency which is my employer. He also tells me I can enter as a visitor of record, which is far easier, but would have to be paid by a Canadian entity/employer. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate?

Also, my wife and son will be with me, and they may want to work. If I enter as a visitor of record, can they work or do I have to a work permit?


Print Page | Close Window