Print Page | Close Window

Timeline after appeal allowed

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 5:58am

Topic: Timeline after appeal allowed
Posted By: tima
Subject: Timeline after appeal allowed
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:20pm
Hi All,
Can you all please share your timelines after winning ADR? I like to know how long takes Visa office to finalize the case for eg...
When written Decision of Appeal was received?
When CBSA send the file to New Delhi?
When CHC-ND received it?
When E-CAS was updated?
When and what information was requested first or did they asked for meds, pcc and updated forms?
Was PPR followed after this? When was it requested?
Finally passport received with visa.

Here is my timeline...
Decision of Appeal:-End of Sept, 09
CBSA send the file to ND:-End of Sept, 09
CHC-ND received file:-End of Oct, 09
E-CAS updated:First week of Nov, 09
PCC and updated forms requested:- End of Oct, 09
Forms sent:- Mid of Nov, 09
Meds redo request:- Last week of Nov, 09
Meds done:- End of Nov, 09
PPR received Mid Dec, 09
PP received end of Dec, 09 Big smile

Please include any other transaction I may have missed so we all have a clear understanding.

Thanks all.

Replies:
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:48am

Hi AGM,
Thanks. Yes I did receive med request which was completed last week only.  I don't know how long we have to wait now.  My wife ended up going back to same DMP as he was the only available at the time.

Any update on your side?

Hi - tima,

Looks like you have received Medical request, Congratulations!!.

There are two DMPs in Hyderabad and both of them are not listed in the list that is included with medical request, Therefore don't bother about DMPs list sent by CHC, my guess it's out dated, you can visit the same office you visited last time.

AGM

quote:
Originally posted by tima

Hi AGM,
Did you go back to the same DMP office or did you pick the one from the list CHC-ND sent?
Actually I've just received the list but it is missing the DMP who I originally went to. The online list on CIC site still shows him on the list. Can you let me know if we have to go to the one listed or we can go back to the original DMP?

BTW- who did you go to before and after appeal?

Thanks

Posted By: AGM
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:12am

tima, Could you please post your timeline as well

My timeline 

==========================================================

• Full Board Hearing                                                                           Nov-25-2008
  • Appeal Allowed,Received Written decision from IAD   Feb-18-2009
  • File Transfer from CBSA to CHC New Delhi                            Mar-04-2009
  • CHC New Delhi Resumed Processing                                       May-20-2009
  • Request for updated IMM forms + PCC + Imm Pics          Jun-06-2009
  • Above docs sent                                                                              Jul-08-2009
  • Request for Medicals [Redo]                                                      Aug-06-2009
  • Waiting for Next Step......             Angry

Posted By: robyng65
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by AGM AGM wrote:

<p Msonormal="Msonormal">  tima, Could you please post your timeline as well

<p Msonormal="Msonormal">

<p Msonormal="Msonormal">My timeline 

<p Msonormal="Msonormal">==========================================================

<p Msonormal="Msonormal">

• Full Board Hearing<span style="mso-tab-count:1">           </span><span style="mso-tab-count:4">                                                                </span>Nov-25-2008
  • Appeal Allowed,Received Written decision from
    IAD<span style="mso-tab-count:1">  <span Apple-tab-span="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">               </span></span>Feb-18-2009
  • File Transfer from CBSA to CHC New Delhi<span style="mso-tab-count:1">            </span><span style="mso-tab-count:1">               <span Apple-tab-span="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">          </span></span>Mar-04-2009
  • CHC New Delhi Resumed Processing<span style="mso-tab-count: 2">                       </span><span style="mso-tab-count:1">                <span Apple-tab-span="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span></span>May-20-2009
  • Request for updated IMM forms + PCC + Imm Pics<span style="mso-tab-count:1">          <span Apple-tab-span="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">          </span></span>Jun-06-2009
  • Above docs sent<span style="mso-tab-count:1">              </span><span style="mso-tab-count:4">                                                                </span>Jul-08-2009
  • Request for Medicals [Redo]<span style="mso-tab-count:1">      </span><span style="mso-tab-count:3">                                                <span Apple-tab-span="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span></span>Aug-06-2009
  • Waiting for Next Step......        <span style="mso-tab-count:1">     Angry</span>

<p Msonormal="Msonormal"><o:p> </o:p>

Please if I could comment, I have a premonition, you will get news before the New Year and it will be good news.

Keep the faith your journey is soon over and your love will soon be in your arms forever.

Hugs from Robyn

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:12pm
updated my timelines

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:07am

Hi - Robyn,

So nice of you for writing, I am hopeful that your words come true...... [InshaAllah]

Hope to see Your post appeal timeline on this thread very soon..

Regards

AGM

quote:  Please if I could comment, I have a premonition, you will get news before the New Year and it will be good news. 

Keep the faith your journey is soon over and your love will soon be in your arms forever. 

Hugs from Robyn 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:12am

tima,

Txs for posting your timeline, It looks like your file is moving pretty fast. I wish and hope you will continue the same pace.

Kamjeet, Where are you? did you receive written decision from IAD yet? keep us posted.

Good Luck

AGM

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:39am
I don't know if it fast but I know one thing for sure that this wait is killing me.

Posted By: rbenoit
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:42am
Nov 15 2006 - Courier Notice of Appeal to Canada
Nov 20 2006 - Notice of Appeal has been received and signed for
Jun 2007 - Received letter for ADR appeal
Jul 2007 - Received new schedule for ADR appeal
Sep 24 2007 - Attended ADR and successfully appealed Conjugal Partner status
Oct 19 2007 - Received confirmation of winning appeal in ADR from IAD in the mail.
Dec 03 2007 - Manila Embassy asking for updated copies of IMM008 generic, IMM0008 Schedule 1 and IMM5604.
Feb 25 2008 - Still Nothing
Apr 10 2008 - Wife redid her Medical
Jun 3 2008 - MP Office contacted me to say they submitted a new enquiry about the status of our file
June 17 2008 - MP office contacted me. Informed me they spoke with Immigration. Immigration cannot explain why letters are being sent to old address as they confirmed they have the proper address on file. (I already knew that cause our e-cas has had the right address for over a year) Incompetence errrrr
Oct 22 2008 - Wife receives Visa
Nov 26 2008 - Wife and I arrive together in Canada

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:17am

That is over 2yrs rbenoit.  What was your reason for refusal?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:47am
Relationship was deemed to be only bf/gf so did not qualify as family.
From sending in the notice of appeal to getting the visa was 23 months.

You can add another 7 months to that as we originally sent in the sponsorship application in april 2006.

And if you include the oriinal attempts to get visitor visa in Aug 2005 well, the whole process has left an extreme negative view of this countries bureaucratic process.  Not sure if I will ever shake it. It basically felt like being in prison for 2 years. Time I will never get back. 

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 3:34pm

This whole process is just never-ending make us rethink if we surely want to live here.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:51pm
Any Update AGM?

Posted By: kamjeet
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:03am
Finally i was able to register for this new link, Thanks MGM.
I received my decision letter yesterday. Can i use the same file # to view any updates on my file. I tried  once but it did't work. is it because the file is still closed?

Posted By: natnat
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:10pm
Post Appeal Timelines
11Mar 08 Hearing, appeal allowed
1 Apr 08 Recieved Written Decision
13June 08 file left CBSA building
11Aug 08 Consulate start processing again thr e-cas
18Sept 08 Letter request medical re-do, police update, pr application update
28Nov 08 Letter of ARC.........
15 Apr 09 Passport Request
22 Apr 09 VISA stamp on passport
26 May 09 Landed
i'll say its not a short time even tho you got appeal allowed! it's another time ticking process, so keep yourself busy and it sure help make you feel time go faster, at least to me it was!

kamjeet, u can try to use your old number to see if it works, mine doesnt since my application sat too long, i heard if application finsihed within two years time, the number is the same, not 100% sure about this, but if the old number doesnt work, then try to call cbsa and ask if you been assign a new number for your file!

cheers

Posted By: mingus
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:35pm
I got my Decision letter dated Nov. 28 and our ecas hasn't changed. Still says decision made from when hubby was refused. I wish it would show something other than decision made. Everytime I check my heart does a little jump before my brain kicks in and says ok yeah, that is from last year!!!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:48pm
Mingus, did you use the same client ID # from before? My old ID # doesnt not let me access my ecas, As natnat said, i should, perhaps contact the IAD to see if my file has been assigned new client ID.

Posted By: stressout25
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:02pm
Hi Guys, My same client ID # work too; but there is no update. Same as mingus, Still says decision made from since I got refused.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:52am
congrats mingus

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:06am
stressout25, don't worry about e-cas.  They never keep that up to date.
Technically your file is in process as you received request from the VO :-)  They just didn't bother updating it.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:49am
Originally posted by kamjeet kamjeet wrote:

Finally i was able to register for this new link, Thanks MGM.
I received my decision letter yesterday. Can i use the same file # to view any updates on my file. I tried  once but it did't work. is it because the file is still closed?

It took several weeks for our ecase to be re-enabled.
We were told that ecas accounts are disabled after 1 year.
Should an appeal be allowed then the ecas accounts gets re-anabled.

Cheers!!!

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm
Any Update AGM?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:38am
tima,

Still no update. I am very upset due to this delay, Last month I inquired with CHC ND and and they said the "file is under review". I think there is no other option other than waiting...

Any update on your end?

AGM

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:12am

Hi AGM, why are they doing this?  Are you presently in India?  Have you tried going to CHC-ND?  You are a canadian citizen, right?  As a citizen you can demand to talk to an immigration officer at the CHC-ND and ask what the hell is going on.

For me it is hard as I am still in CANADA.
I've made couple enquiries but haven't received anything.  Last I heard that an officer will review my case.  I don't get what is left to review.

Hopefully we get something before end of the year.

Please keep in touch and again thanks for helping all of us out.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:21pm
No updates on ECAS on my file. UnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappy

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:28am

H- tima,
I am presently in India and seriously have no plans of returning to Canada until they issue visa.
Do you think meeting with V/O will be of any help in terms of speeding the process? haven't heard that before. I have another issue, my visit visa is expiring end of this month, not sure if extension is possible? will find out today.

Regards
AGM

Originally posted by tima tima wrote:

Hi AGM, why are they doing this?  Are you presently in India?  Have you tried going to CHC-ND?  You are a canadian citizen, right?  As a citizen you can demand to talk to an immigration officer at the CHC-ND and ask what the hell is going on.

For me it is hard as I am still in CANADA.
I've made couple enquiries but haven't received anything.  Last I heard that an officer will review my case.  I don't get what is left to review.

Hopefully we get something before end of the year.

Please keep in touch and again thanks for helping all of us out.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:01am

tima, 

Same here no updates  Confused 

Question for you, do you check e-case with Old Immigration File # No. or the new one that is assigned after the appeal was allowed.

I can check the e-case with both the old and new IMM file No's.

Also we have two Link under "Permanent Residence Application Status" 

First Link say's : "In-Process" - We started processing your application on May 20, 2009.

Second Link :  "Decision Made" has the same old Sh..it"

AGM 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 3:42pm
how do i find out when my file after the appeal was transferred to ND for processing? On the decision letter says e-mailed on Dec. 8 to visa office. Is that when it happened?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:38pm
Hi Guys, Same here with me no updates . Damn this sucks........

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:16pm
Kamjeet - Check with CBSA 

AGM

how do i find out when my file after the appeal was transferred to ND for processing? On the decision letter says e-mailed on Dec. 8 to visa office. Is that when it happened?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by AGM AGM wrote:

tima, 

Same here no updates  Confused 

Question for you, do you check e-case with Old Immigration File # No. or the new one that is assigned after the appeal was allowed.

I can check the e-case with both the old and new IMM file No's.

Also we have two Link under "Permanent Residence Application Status" 

First Link say's : "In-Process" - We started processing your application on May 20, 2009.

Second Link :  "Decision Made" has the same old Sh..it"

AGM 

Hi AGM,
Actually I am not able to pull up the info with old file number.  I can only pull up info with client ID and new file number.   Once opened it says "In-Process" - We started processing your application on Oct 23, 2009.

I would still say you demand to speak to VO as it has exceeded normal timelines.  They should attend you and provide you status update as you are a Canadian Citizen.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:31am
I called CBSA, first they told me they have not recieved the decision letter yet, that made me nervous beause i received mine about two weeks ago. I thought maybe their's got lost in the mail or something. they found it burried under pile of others letters they hadn't looked at yet. Then i was told that it would take 6-8 weeks for them to transfer the file to ND visa office.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:37pm

3-4 week is usual time.  I would attach the copy of decision and send it to them via the inquiry link as an attachment.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:55pm
tima
 >>>>>I would attach the copy of decision and send it to them via the inquiry link as an attachment

tima, what inquiry link would that be?. I called their office and  if  there is a link, can you please post it here?

Thank you

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:28pm
Here is the link for Delhi office.... You can make a request to have them start processing your case at the VO based on the decision letter the mailed you.  Attach the scan copy of the letter and send it to them.  This will save you time while CBSA deliver the copy of decision to CHC-ND via diplomat mail. 

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi - https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:08am
Thank you tima
I will do that.

Did you also submit your copy of the letter?

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:25pm

Thank you tima
I will do that.

Did you also submit your copy of the letter?
Yup they acknowledged it and started to act on it ironically by the time they replied to me the next day my complete file reached India. 

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 11:07am
oK friends, i just sent ND my copy of the decision letter.
time,  how long after did they send you an acknowledgement reply?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:37am
kamjeet , I got response in three weeks, the officer replied to my email stating that they have resumed the processing of my wife's application.

AGM

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm

Hi Kamjeet, they responded in about 4 weeks.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:33pm

Sorry all for not keeping in touch, my wife received PPR via email late last week and the official letter the next day in mail.  PP has been sent with cover letter and the copy of official PPR letter along with passport to CHC-ND hopefully the receive it soon.  Waiting now once again...

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:58am

tima

congratulations tima, you are almost there. Today i received acknowledge e-mail from ND for the E-mail i sent them. hopefully i'll receive another e-mail from them that they have processed the application.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:36am
tima,

Congratulations! I guess you must be feeling quite relieved as your wait will soon be coming to end.  Once again many congrats!!   

BTW have you noticed any update to your e-case?.  I'd appreciate of you could share the PPR request with us.

Regards

AGM

Sorry all for not keeping in touch, my wife received PPR via email late last week and the official letter the next day in mail.  PP has been sent with cover letter and the copy of official PPR letter along with passport to CHC-ND hopefully the receive it soon.  Waiting now once again...

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:41pm
Thanks Kamjeet and AGM. 

Hi AGM, ya I'm relieved but I'll be in much better state once I receive PP back with visa on it. Smile

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Af-dvPqI3ZHKZGZiYzdjemRfN2dxcjdxc2R0&hl=en - http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Af-dvPqI3ZHKZGZiYzdjemRfN2dxcjdxc2R0&hl=en http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Af-dvPqI3ZHKZGZiYzdjemRfNWY1a3IzN2dr&hl=en -

Posted By: sanjayk
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:08am
Good morning tima ,hope you are happy now after getting the passport of your wife with visa our best wishes to you and your wife  for the new year 2010 may god bless both of you with lots of good luck

Posted By: ttima
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:20am
Good Morning AGM/kamjeet & rest of them who all are in this forum , just to give you the good news  today 31st dec. 2009  in the morning mail i received the passport of my wife with visa issued,finally this chapter of immigration is over now , if any one on the forum needs any kind of help or any suggestions please feel free to ask , although i am not a lawyer but i can give lots of info which i have gone throughagain from me and my wife best wishes to you all for the upcoming new year and good luck

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ttima ttima wrote:

Good Morning AGM/kamjeet & rest of them who all are in this forum , just to give you the good news  today 31st dec. 2009  in the morning mail i received the passport of my wife with visa issued,finally this chapter of immigration is over now , if any one on the forum needs any kind of help or any suggestions please feel free to ask , although i am not a lawyer but i can give lots of info which i have gone throughagain from me and my wife best wishes to you all for the upcoming new year and good luck

tima,

Congratulations!! You must be feeling on top of the world. Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

It's was great to hear this news, I am glad that finally the  immigration journey has come to an end.  

Warm wishes
AGM

-------------
Appeal Allowed - 02-18-09,
CHC ND Resumed Processing - 05-20-09,Medical Redo 08-12-09,Present status - Background Check.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 6:40pm
tima Congratulations to you and your wife! I am sooo happy for both
of you.

Happy New Year to everyone. From me and my husband.
It broke my heart that here I am AGAIN away from my husband for another New Year, but I hope in the will of ALMIGHTY ALLAH I will be in my husband arms for the next New Year.

Posted By: robyng65
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
Hello everyone on this thread, and congrats to all of you who have finally gotten your visas/or those of you who are already with your spouses here in Canada. I am hoping and praying that finally 2010 will be our year to have this nightmare end for me and my husband. For now, it is three months since my ADR conference was cancelled at the last minute by Minister's Council who said ADR protocol calls for one hour conference and because of the vast amount of proof of genuine marriage I sent, they said our case will need full day of court. I am so tired of being put constantly at the back of the Immigration Visa line up. But I am assured by your experiences and cases that there is an end to it. In 2010 we will celebrate three years married. How many years were you married before visa was given? Give me an idea if our time will come soon..........

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 12:20am

Hello robyng65, hope you got my details and msg. on other link well please let me know if yu need any info or help in solving your problem i have to let you know that  i know this person he is very good and smart in these kind of matters , my best wishes to all of you whoare on this thread

happy new year

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 12:26am
My tim line

interview in chc new delhi 4th feb 2009refused
applead filed 10th feb2009
IAD hearing sept 14th 2009 appeal allowed (win)
new delhi start processing 26 oct.2009
passport reqest 20th dec.
passport rec.21st dec.
visa issued 24th dec.
passport received 31st dec.2009
finally wait is over by the grace of god
best wishes to you all and happy new year 2010

Posted By: sshb
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:45am

so it means tht after filling the appeal it takes 7 months to get the ADR or full hearing?  i think for me its almost 5 months, cuz i file my appeal in july 20, 2009.  still no news from IAD, i didn't rec my CAIPS notes yet...and i am going to visit my husband in feb

is it ok for me to leave in feb for one month or two, or i should stay in canada for their response? 
it will be great if anyone of you could tell me that if they ask me for evidences, what should i send, and can help me to win my case???

Bes of luck for everyone and happy new year

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:53am
sshb , its always good to visit and have as many proof as you can collect , have some one here to keep track for your mail and as mentione be brief and specifi in your sumission's there is no reason why you should not get through ,

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:54am
again it depends upon case to case

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:56am
yea i know

Posted By: JSKMR
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:42pm
hi sshb, can you pls share why ND refused visa for your spouse..??

Posted By: mrsJDL
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by JSKMR JSKMR wrote:

hi sshb, can you pls share why ND refused visa for your spouse..??

yes i agree, also the other people here, can you please give us a bit more detail why the sponsorship was refused in the first place.

appreciate it. thank you

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:53am
hi JSKMR and mrsJDL  my case was refused for the common reason"Marriage is not genuine" 
actually my wedding pictures were very simple, so ISB send my husband a refusal letter.  now i file the appeal and lets see what happens next..

tell me about yours 

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:29am
Hi Guys,
It's been over two months since I send in the updated forms, Police Clearance, etc, to the visa office. And still I can't hear anything from them. They didn't send me the form to redo medicals as yet. What should I do? I am sooo worry, I wonder if this process will ever end for me.

Posted By: JSKMR
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by sshb sshb wrote:

hi JSKMR and mrsJDL  my case was refused for the common reason"Marriage is not genuine" 
actually my wedding pictures were very simple, so ISB send my husband a refusal letter.  now i file the appeal and lets see what happens next..

tell me about yours 

Thanks for sharing, but its wierd to note that your case was rejected just because "the wedding pictures were simple".....

They should do a background check for the genuine marriage rather than just denying based on the wedding pictures.....did your marriage had the formal reception, if so, did you send them your reception pictures..??

All the best for your appeal...

My case, I have just applied for my wife and it is currently in ND.

Posted By: mrsJDL
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by sshb sshb wrote:

tell me about yours 

There is no final decision yet on my case. I am still praying for a positive response from the IO this month. But i am gathering informations now just in case it will not be a good news (hope not!)

My case is about an undeclared family member. I am sponsoring my husband as spouse but the IO concluded that we were in a common law relationship before i landed in Canada and i failed to declare him. We got married AFTER i became a PR, so i landed as single. But in the sponsorship application form, we declared that we lived together when we were in another country as foreign workers. I was not denying it, but it doesn't also mean that we were having a common law relationship. Aside from living together, we never presented anything like joint accounts or bills or properties because we never had any of those. The house where we used to live in was actually a foreign worker complex where 8 of us were living in 1 floor. All questions about former spouses or common law or conjugal partners, we answered NO.

It was really a big mistake for us to declare cohabitation without being fully aware of its meaning.

We received a procedural fairness letter asking for our explanation why I did not declare my husband as a common law partner. LOL! (i had to laugh at that one!) I answered in full details and all honesty. But at the end of the day, it will still depend on the IO if he is having a bad day or a good day. I have read a similar case us mine way back in 2006 and they were refused. But the IO couldn't provide any evidence why he/she believed that the parties were in a common law relationship. The IO just said they were adults so they were consenting parties. By the time of appeal, the judge conceded the case coz of lack of evidence from the part of IO. It was sad because it took them 2 yrs to get the visa just because of the incompetency of the IO who handled their application. And one similar case i have read just recently, after they replied in the procedural fairness letter from the IO, they were granted the visa.

Good luck to each and everyone of us. I am praying for everyone here. I believe in the power of prayers. I told my husband we are all like the story of David and Goliath, and God as our weapon, we can all win this battle.   

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by stressout25 stressout25 wrote:

Hi Guys,
It's been over two months since I send in the updated forms, Police Clearance, etc, to the visa office. And still I can't hear anything from them. They didn't send me the form to redo medicals as yet. What should I do? I am sooo worry, I wonder if this process will ever end for me.

stressout25

I know it’s very frustrating, Hang in there! Ultimately you will get through.....

BTW which visa office are you dealing with?

AGM

-------------
CHC ND Resumed Processing - 05-20-09,Medical Redo 08-12-09,Present status - Background Check.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:55pm
Hi AGM, I hope I get through..I am dealing with the Port-Of-Spain visa office.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm

i am hoping for everyone in this forum the best and May Allah help all of us and let us reunite with our loved ones Ameen

Posted By: KAMJIT
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:58am

Hello friends,

thought let you know that ND has started processing my husband's file. I sent them my copy of the decision letter on Dec.18.(appeal allowed Nov.4)I am not sure how to check exactly when they started the process although  I think i could call CBSA to find out.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:20pm
best of luck kamjeet pray for ussCry

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 3:04am
Originally posted by KAMJIT KAMJIT wrote:

Hello friends,

thought let you know that ND has started processing my husband's file. I sent them my copy of the decision letter on Dec.18.(appeal allowed Nov.4)I am not sure how to check exactly when they started the process although  I think i could call CBSA to find out.

Hi - Kamjeet,

CBSA's role for appeal allowed cases is to  forward original client file to the visa office, so they will have limited information. It's better to follow up with CHC ND.

You may also check  e-case using your client ID - [xxxx-xxxx] 

Good Luck

AGM

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 6:07pm

AGM can you tell that how to check the status of an appeal application????/

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 1:42am
best of luck & pray to God

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:07pm

Hi AGM

I checked e-cas  last weeek using my client ID, it says file in process

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:10am
Hello friends,
yesterday, my husband received his first set of forms.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:49am
Congrates kamjit pray for us

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:17am
Hi Kamjit, Did your husband receive the form to redo his medical?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:38am

Stressout,

No they have not requested that yet. it just the travel form, background declaration, additional family and they want some sort of sworn affidavit and asked for security clearance.

Does he need to include each family member and their pictures in the sworn affidavit?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:48pm
Hi Everyone, When I had my first set of forms. I didn't receive the Details of Foreign Travel form to fill out. Did everyone receive this form in they first set of forms?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:49pm
HI All,
still nothing on my end. I emailed the embassy and they said they still have not gotten my husband's file. I talked to CIC they still do not have that we won our appeal on file and no one can help me. Everyone says I need to talk to someone else.

Anyone got the phone # of CBSA in Edmonton? All I can find is at the Airports and they are no help.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm

stressout read my list of documents on IAD ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review appeals thread and see what else you are missing!!!!!!!!

did they send you request for medical with your first package? 

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:07pm
Mingus can you fax them copy of your letter. I did that and ND accepted and started processing my husband's file. Do call the CBSA office first, I waited about a month for them to re-open my file, when i called CBSA they said they didn't have the decision letter yet. i told them to double check as i had aleady received mine 2 weeks prior to that. They called me back said they found it barried under some other mail they hadn't looked at yet. So i emailed ND my copy of the letter and told them CBSA had misplaced their copy and will forward it to them accordingly.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:44pm
I have emailed a copy to the Visa office. I would send a copy to the CNSA in Edmonton or call them, but no one will give me a phone number. All it get is the CIC number in Miss or the IRB number is Vancouver.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:31pm
Stressout,, did you receive everything else that i received?

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 5:53pm
Since we haven't had many appeals (if any) Ouch reprocessed through Buffalo, I wanted to post this and keep our process updated for later reference.

Post-appeal Timeline: Buffalo

2010Jan14 - Appeal hearing - decision: allowed
2010Jan19 - Mailed additional "proofs" to Minister's counsel

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:01pm
Kamjit, Yes I received the other forms except the Details of Foreign Travel form. It's been over 2 months since I return the forms to the visa office and still they didn't reply me with the redo medicals form... I am wondering why? I guess all I have is BAD LUCK GOSHHHHH
I hate this waiting n waiting n more waiting......

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:34pm

stressout, i was kinda surprised when they sent the form for Foreign travel Detials . usually they send that when they send you request for passport. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hope you hear something soon

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:44am
Well by some grace of God I actually talked to someone yesterday who could give me a phone number for CBSA in Edmonton. I was told that our file was returned to Damascus in November via diplomatic mail bag - but it may take on average 2 months to get there and worst case it could be 4 months!
Am I crazy in thinking that this just isn't good enough? 4 Months? What is it going by donkey?

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:25am
i don't understand this ..i was told by lawyer's office that once you decide to appeal, your visa office keeps the original file and send  photocopies or scans the file  to Canada. after appeal allowed, CBSA e-mails the decision letter to the visa office. ....there is no such thing is whole file going back and forth.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:49pm
That is what I am being told from All levels that I have talked to: The IRB, CBSA, and CIC. That the files came from the visa office, are copied and sent out (your appeals record) and once you win the files have to be sent back to the visa office.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:42pm
all they want to do is to make us suffer....they dun feel our pain

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 4:51pm

Mingus

I don't think they will ever put the original file in the mail.....what if it gets lost???????
They say that to us..so they can take their time.....it's all scanned...plus the decision letter is not sent via mail, it's e-mailed to the visa office at least that's what i was told by the CBSA in Vancouver.....i don't think they tell us the truth about anything!!!

Posted By: waleed646
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:46am
mingus

you are damascus applicant same as me, I went through the appeal back on july 2008 my file did get back to damascus on december 2008, I dont know if this help as soon as they get the file they will send you mail not email with all they need you to send them back including back ground form with picture on it and file no and they well ask you to go for your medical check same as first time when you did your medical plus if you have any document missing from your file then they well start your back ground check that is what i went through.
good luck to you  

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:48am
Thanks Waleed for the time line.

Kamjit, funny you were told one thing and I ws told another - specially since I am going thru Vancouver as well. Once again it goes to show that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in this outfit

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:47am
Mingus
I guess we'll never know the the real story.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 2:06pm
Stressout25 and AGM how it is going for you?  Did CHC made any contact with you?

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 4:35pm
Hi tima, After months of waiting I heard that the visa office LOST my files, so I had to redo the forms again ......

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
Stress,
How did you find out they lost your file? I have been waiting since Nov. 24 for our files to make it back to Damascus from Edmonton and they still say they do not have it.

Posted By: paul
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:01am

I win apeal in july18/2009 now they request for passport, any one know how long they take to send passport back with visa.

Posted By: Spring.M
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
HI Paul

Congrats!

which visa office process ur application?

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
paul, Your timeline is similar to mine. Can you please tell me which visa office you dealing with?

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 11:16am

new delhi

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 11:28am
paul, Congrats. You should receive passport with visa next week.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 11:46am
Thanks

Print Page | Close Window