Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=828
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:34pm

Topic: ILLEGAL STUDENT VISA
Posted By: lindamariano
Subject: ILLEGAL STUDENT VISA
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 4:04am
im a concerned citizen of canada.. is there such an action or investigation for  those who got or who have a student visa but they are not really studying.. instead, they are working under the table jobs. is it illegal? they've been staying there for almost a year now but they are not studying... which i  find it unfair to those who are really working hard to get their legal papers.

-------------
concern citizen

Replies:
Posted By: rbenoit
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:30am
Of course.
If you wish to report these people to Immigration, they may investigate it.
Just be sure you are doing it for the right reason.

Posted By: edmotonresident
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:16am
Yea, those people are fraud in Canada, they must be reported, both with their employers, coz their employers take advantage of their illegal situations and pay them less than the standard wage, and both of them are affecting Canadian economy.

-------------
"Canada, where good people live"

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:45pm
Students can now work with open work permit after initial 6 months. But it has to be parttime.....but whenever their semester is OFF they can work fulltime....
Are you sure its not a co-op job they may be doing under coop program?

Alot of Canadians on welfare/disability are also working on cash jobs. We should also report them to CRA....Nobody with status would probably be doing those jobs that's why the students fill those up and keep it going.....

I'm pretty sure that if Immigration Canada starts doing raids in GTA a whole lot of these students would be deported......while at that they should also do raids at construction sites, maybe they can catch alot of the illegal east europeans working in Canada illegally, they should also be deported....back to the EU.

But in my opinion, i don't think immigration has that much enforcement to conduct so many raids.....

next time you go to a hand car wash, gas station, restaurant in GTA make sure you report all those people.....

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:15am
the thing is.. they're not enrolled to any institution.. they're just here to work.

-------------
concern citizen

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:23pm
eventually they will get caught when their permit expires...because they will have problems renewing it.....

Posted By: Artic
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 1:31pm
Ermm err. OK nice post.

Once the student permit expries, they need to renew it and in order to renew it they need to show the current Transcript. Thats why student get maximum of two years or less student permit at a time.

-------------
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:30pm
WELL THIS PERSON IS STAYING IN CANADA FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.. HE HAS A STUDENT VISA YET HE IS NOT STUDYING.. HOW LONG DOES A STUDENT VISA LASTS?? HE IS WORKING UNDER THE JOB TABLES.. WHICH I FIND IT ILLEGAL PLUS IVE BEEN HEARING NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THIS PERSON.. ABOUT HIS ATTITUDE PROBLEMS.. I HAVE HIS PRESENT ADDRESS... CAN ANYONE HELP ME CALL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE?.. AND GIVE HIS ADDRESS..

-------------
concern citizen

Posted By: IslandGirl
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:58pm
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/facts-faits/037-eng.html

Originally posted by lindamariano lindamariano wrote:

WELL THIS PERSON IS STAYING IN CANADA FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.. HE HAS A STUDENT VISA YET HE IS NOT STUDYING.. HOW LONG DOES A STUDENT VISA LASTS?? HE IS WORKING UNDER THE JOB TABLES.. WHICH I FIND IT ILLEGAL PLUS IVE BEEN HEARING NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THIS PERSON.. ABOUT HIS ATTITUDE PROBLEMS.. I HAVE HIS PRESENT ADDRESS... CAN ANYONE HELP ME CALL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE?.. AND GIVE HIS ADDRESS..

-------------
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
http://tinyurl.com/ydsvlx4 - My previous profile

Posted By: kwabena kwabena
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:50pm
Just make sure you are doing it for a good reason.
It sound this is a personal thing.  just becareful

-------------
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one...

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:46pm
of course im doing this for the right reason.. y wud i do such a thing for nothing.. he is disgusting around everyone elese to think that he is not here legally... plus i find it unfair to those who really is working hard for them to be in their places... unlike him... whatever.... he's still staying here illegaly..< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

-------------
concern citizen

Posted By: UKtoCAN
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:39pm
well i guess it is your call.

Posted By: BelmaT123
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 3:25am
I think, what would be the sense of assisting someone with official permission to grow with the studies when he or she is making ill use of it.

I am worried if no investigation is done by the authorities within the visa holding duration to know whether people are making sensible use of it or not.

These people are liable to strict sentences.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:08pm
ryt... bow i dunno how to report this kind of fraud to the country...

-------------
concern citizen

Posted By: jiawan
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:03pm
i guess this is something against the law so u can simply call the cops and they will sort this matter out ... bcoz when they take this person in custady they will call the immigration and whole matter will be sort out..

-------------
<<<<< DO OR DIE >>>>>

Posted By: kates
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 9:27pm
I even know many guys working here with convenience stores like macs and others . I wish to inform too, its a wrong thing and its punishable by law.

Can anyone let me know email id or phone number for the complaints.

Posted By: ProudOne
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 8:02pm
Not sure why anyone would suggest not to report this person.

Do you have values? Ethics?

If someone is committing a criminal offence then report them!

1-888-502-9060

Print Page | Close Window