Print Page | Close Window

Spouse Work Permit

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:22am

Topic: Spouse Work Permit
Posted By: Tiffiny
Subject: Spouse Work Permit
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 10:59pm
Dear Forum members,

I wanted to apply for a study visa for 6 months study in the University of Calgary. But i was not sure if i can apply for open work permit for my wife.  Can i work after my study visa expiry/course completion?


_______________________________________ - jewelry sale - Beads Jewelry - jewelry cubic zirconia - pearl set

Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:57pm
No - you won't qualify for a post graduate work permit after completing a six month program. To qualify, your program must be at least eight months. See:

Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010

Print Page | Close Window