Print Page | Close Window

Inland Application Sent from April to August 2009

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 2:29pm

Topic: Inland Application Sent from April to August 2009
Posted By: winniez
Subject: Inland Application Sent from April to August 2009
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:05pm

Just move over from the old model forum. Good luck to everyone!!!!

*edited font size

Replies:
Posted By: ked22
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:11pm
Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard any news recently?
My application was received on the 3rd of June.
Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Posted By: BBQQ
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:54pm
Good Luck for all youSmile

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
They are processing applications received up to the 30th of May now and are down to 5-6 months! Can anyone please tell me if my application was received on June 4th but they didnt start processing it until June 23rd, do I have a week to wait or 3 weeks

Thanks!

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:24pm
It is good to see the processing date moving forward, but it is still nothing to do with people after AIP and B/C. It has been 2 more months afer AIP and sending my finger prints. Does anyone hear any update?

Ked22,

It is hard to say if it is a week or 3. All depend on the CIC. I thik it will be started soon between 1 or 2 weeks. Good luck.

Posted By: pom
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:11pm
Just migrating over from the old forum...  My current status:

Application received May 13, 2009
Started processing May 28, 2009
AIP Granted November 16, 2009

I sent police checks and work permit in early September and had my medical done in early November (before getting AIP).  I still haven't heard anything regarding a work permit or landing interview...

Posted By: Carmenuta
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:48am
Hi, there, Pom. Do CIC actually put "AIP granted" in the E-CAS? Just curious.

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:43am
Carmenuta,
I don' think CIC will put AIP granted on your E-cas. It will show a decision has been made and you will be contacted. You can log in by using your sponsor's client ID. You sponsor will show DM.

I hope that will help....

Posted By: Carmenuta
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:25am
Oh, that's what I thought. THank you though. Hope you guys are hanging in there, waiting patiently.

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:49pm
Does it say DM on Ecas if your case has been transferred and you haven't received AIP? Thanks

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:10pm
Ked22,

I don't think it says DM if it is transferred to local before AIP. I think your should phone the call center to find out.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:13pm

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:15pm
Thanks Winniez! Think I'm just getting nervous, so close now!

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:18pm
winniez is right, it only says a decision has been made and you will be contacted - of course then you call CIC immediately to find out :-)

Posted By: bhavijaan
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:18am
Hey Ked,

Welcome back, so I trust you got everything sorted out to come back to Canada?

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:07pm
Hello Bhavijaan,

Thank you! I'm very pleased to be back! The whole process went extremely smoothly and took less than 5 mins, I showed the immigration officer all my documents and was 100 percent truthful and he simply said good luck with your application. 

Thank you for your help Bhavijaan.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:30pm
Hi, Bhavijaan,

Welcome to the new forum. Did you hear any update?

Posted By: bhavijaan
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:11pm

HI Winnie,

My wife got her OWP in early November.  Haven't heard anything thereafter.  It's quite frustrating but guess we all got to keep chugging along right? 

Posted By: WorriedMex
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I finally got landed last weekend, StarSaturday - November 28, 2009Star, my husband and I went to the Scarborough CIC office, at 8:00 in the morning, just paid for my landing $490.00, and after we signed and GOT MY COPY.

Guys, I wish you the best, GOOD LUCK, and I will keep on reading all your comments, and cheering you upClap.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:51pm
Congratulations WorriedMex!  I have good news too - I received my OWP in the mail this morning!  I might actually be able to work this year, what a great Christmas gift Big smile

Posted By: WorriedMex
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:13pm
WLOLW Pom, I'm so happy, what a wonderful Christmas, and a great 2010 is coming!!!

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS

Posted By: etoile42
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:18pm
I feel like I am going no where fast, but I am hoping for some positive news soon.

App sent-May 28th
Received- June 1st

That is all the news I have. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to those who have received good news!

Posted By: Diving00
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:26am
Is there anyone knows that if they ask you to do another Medical Exam, after you send the result, how much longer do you need to wait to get any information back again?

We received your application for permanent residence on June 3, 2009.

We started processing your application on June 22, 2009.

We sent you medical instructions on December 1, 2009 to XXXXXXXXXXX. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:28am
One more thing:

Dose everyone need to do a landing interveiw?

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:41pm
Diving00,

I think the medical exam is good for 12 month, but I am not sure why CIC requests another exam.

Does your previous medical exam get done by a CIC authorized doctor? 

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:42pm
yes,I did went to a right doctor.

I thought that it was because my x-ray showing a dot on my lung, they want to have another x-ray, make sure I was not sick. However, just got the letter, which didn't ask anything specific. They only said they want me to do a medical and a finger print.

I did sent they the medical with all the other document. I am not sure what is up.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:12pm
Diving00,

Good luck to you. It has been 3 months after my AIP, still waiting....

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 8:14pm
Well I can finally log into E-Cas..

So here's my stuff so far.
May 28th, 2009- Sent in App for PR
June 1st, 2009- App received
June 16, 2009-  Starting processing
June 18, 2009- Received requested docs. (although they never actually requested anything from me)

And that's it! I hope to hear something very soon!! Not to mention, hoping that it will be good!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm
They are up to the 5th of June now everyone! Good luck!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:55pm
I got decision made today, just rung cic and it is good news received AIP and approved for PR at the same time! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:35pm
Congrats Ked! That's good news. Mine still says In process and it was received 3 days before yours. I hope that doesn't mean my husbands file is being transferred. Eeeek...so close I can almost taste. I'm hoping for good news soon. Between waiting for the VA and waiting for immigration, the suspense is killing me!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:24am

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:26am
Thanks Etoile42! I'm sure that doesn't mean your husbands is being transferred at all. I know people who sent their application after mine and received AIP before me. I'm not too sure how it works, but I'm sure you will hear any day soon! Fingers crossed for you!

Posted By: Murphy
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:42pm
Hi everyone,

Just adding my timeline to this thread

Great news for you ked22 fantastic christmas present! Good luck to everyone else and lets hope we all hear more soon!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:51pm
I thought the landing process means we have to go to the Canadan port to land, but I just saw this some where:

"Only spouses and common-law partners sponsored from within Canada are going through the "landing" process at their local CIC office. All other applicants..."

Is this ture? We don't have to go to the port, just the local office and get the landing done at the same day?

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:54am
That is true. You will become a PR on the landing date, and you will receive your PR card within 4-6 weeks.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 10:01am
Winniez

Thank you for your help.

I just found out that the reason they asked for my medical exam is because they putted my old one into a wrong fell. I asked them to fix that and sent my fingerprints in. Now, I guess that it is waiting time for me again.

I wish you will hear something from them soon.

Good luck to every one of us!

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:00pm

It is good to see some of us getting their PRs!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:00pm
Anyone got updates?  I'm still waiting on some notification they have received our police checks and medicals.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:21am
I have not heard a thing! I'm really hoping for some good news soon.

Posted By: rouge
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:03am
CIC update: processing applications received up to June 14, 2009.  Current processing time 5-6 months.  

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
07/23 CIC starts processing
09/24 MICC issues CSQ
01/12 Medical results rec'd; decision made
01/21 Letter arrives from Montreal CIC
01/29 Final interview; COPR granted by CIC

Posted By: DebbyT
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:46pm
We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 14, 2009.

We received the requested information on October 1, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

Gonna call CIC first thing in the morning...hope I can sleep!  Soooooooooooo Excited!

-------------
Debby

Posted By: DebbyT
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:01am
Call CIC this morning!  We have first state approval!  

Question:  I had a grandson born in the states while going through this process.  Does anyone know at what stage I can travel?  I can't wait to see him, but don't want to take chances!  Thanks and everyone have a wonderful holiday!

Debby

-------------
Debby

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:45am
Should call and ask CIC

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm
Hi everyone more great news well done DebbyT!

I logged onto the E-Cas today and also got DM! So I called CIC and they gave me the great news that I have been given both 1st stage and 2nd stage approval for my PR and will be sent to our local office for a landing interview in January! My wife and I are ecstatic what a wonderful Christmas present!

Good luck to everyone else waiting I really hope you all get the good news you deserve soon.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:33am
I'm hoping for some good news. Vegreville called me today and asked me to fax them some paperwork. She wants to get a desicion made on my case. Hope it's a good one! Congrats to everyone else.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:16am
CIC update Dec. 21, not much change: Processing applications received up to June 16th (from June 14th a week ago).  

Murphy, etoile42, debbyT, et al.  Would you be so kind as to post  your timelines.  

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:21am
Sure Rouge---AHH looks like we have decision made!!

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2009.

We started processing your application on June 16, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 18, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on December 21, 2009 to ...

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:41pm
My time line is as follows

Good luck everyone!

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:04pm
Congratulations on the good news.  Thanks for your timelines, and for wishing all the rest of luck! 

CIC received applications:
June 1 - etoile42
June 3 - Murphy
June 18 - DebbyT

Is anyone whose application was received at CIC Vegreville in June still waiting for a decision?

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:20pm
Congratulation and Merry Christmas to all.

Posted By: rabbitcl
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:35pm
Hi all,

Meery Christmas!!

I sent my spplication at the end of June and they got it on 2 July, been waiting for so long and now it is getting close, really really hoping it will be good news!

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:49am
CONGRATULATIONS Murphy, etoile42, debbyT!! Merry Christmas! What an amazing feeling hey!?

Posted By: bluebear
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 2:33pm
I'm a member of in land August.
They received my application on August 24, 2009.
2 days ago I received the phone call from CIC, they asked my parnter and me some questions.
And told me that they're processing my case now.
I'm very nervous now...hope everything will be fine.Smile

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 2:50pm
I have a question, Because I am from Hong Kong, and in the application guideline, they said I should not be getting any police certificate from my country before immigration, so I did not sumbit any police certificate with my application, Does that mean I will only get AIP only as they will need that document later on to grant me PR? I just don't understand as according to their application guidelines, there a list of countries that they said should not obtain the police certificate before the immigration, so does that mean all the applicants from the listed countires will have to wait longer for PR as they will request it later on?

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
Rabbitcl,

It is hard to say; the best idea is to phone CIC call centre.  I think you may still get AIP, but the CIC may do a background check as a condition. It may require something from HK if CIC believes it is important.  Wish that can give you some ideas. Merry Christmas.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm
Thanks Winniez,
I read that you have been granted AIP and no more further news on PR after that? MAy I ask which country are you from? and did you send in your police cert. with your application? I will phone them later to see what they say. Just that it is now getting close and I am getting all nervous! Merry Christmas! I guess I will have to not think about it as it will be christmas tomrrow!:)

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm

Rabbitcl,

I didn't send my police cet. before AIP. Each case is different, so it is hard to say what gona happen. I think the CIC is doing the B/C on me. When did you send your app? If you send in land, it usually take longer than out land app. Just relax and wait for the new year coming.  I am from Tailand.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 5:18pm
I sent my application in land as I was in canada anyway.

They recieved my application on July 2, 2009 and started processing on July, 24, 2009. I just hope that the whole process will be over soon, and maybe I can get back to HK with my husband to visit my family. Chinese new year will be in Feb, 2010, I dont even think we will be able to make it!

Thailand is a very nice place, both my husband and I had been tavelling there and absoulely loved the weather and food there:)

Posted By: d9sg9
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 4:31am
Hello all,
I am in a tough situation and wondering if someone can guide me on this.
I was working in Canada on a post grad work permit which expired on 30th Aug. upon which I took a leave of absence from work. My Federal application has been in process since 2008 and under going a security check which is not showing any signs of ending soon.
I got married to a Cdn. in June and am now thinking of applying through her using the inland application.
My visa expires in Feb. and I need to know if it can be renewed on the basis of my inland application so I can continue to stay in canada. Also If anyone knows a way I could get a work permit without the need for LMO. Since my employer was declined LMO by the govt.
Please help.

Thanks.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 4:48pm
Hello and seasons greetings to you all,

rabbitcl, I am from the UK which is also on the list of countries recommended not to send a Police Certificate. However before sending my application into CIC I phoned them to ask if I were to send a Police Certificate would it hinder my application or slow the process down. They told me that it would not slow the process but they may direct me to get another one done after AIP.

I sent absolutely everything I could get my hands on including a Police Certificate. I also undertook the medical examination and sent an application for an open work permit (OWP) with my spousal application as I was told this would all save time.

I applied in June as previously stated in this thread and as of 18th December have been approved for my PR. So in my humble opinion I would include everything I possibly could, after all in these circumstances you should never be penalised for giving too much information.

d9sg9- I think you should contact CIC they are quite helpful.  You may be able to stay in Canada legally after your visa expires by extending your stay as a visitor however you will have to prove that at the end of your stay you will return to your Country of orgin (ie a plane ticket back). Or you may qualify through implied status which means that you are permitted to stay in Canada whilst you have an application in process.

You will not be able to work during either of these without a valid work permit but if you apply through spousal application as you stated you may do then you can submit an application for an open work permit at the same time.

Please note all of this is just advice from my own exprience and is not legal advice. I hope that some of this is helpful.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:14pm
Thanks for your help Murphy. Guess what, I checked today and I have "decision made". So I called CIC right away, and the gentleman told me it was AIP and the decision was made yesterday! He said now I only need to pply for the police certificate from Hong Kong and that's all they need. I also asked them about OWP and he said it will take 2.5 months, so I am wondering if I should apply for it?

But I am really excited at least I am heading to the right direction. Thanks so much for all your help and I will keep you guys updated when I get my letter :):)

And Happy new year to all of you!!! Hope all the application will go through smoothly and the waiting time will not be too long for those who are still waiting:)

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
CIC timetable update on December 31:  Processing applications received through June 22, 2009.  

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 2:40pm
The recieved my application on 2 July,2009 and I got my AIP already as I phoned them yesterday:)

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 11:42am
Congratulations!  Yes, I was keeping my eye on your post, as our applications were received on the same day.  I still have not heard.  We'll see if I get decision made this coming week or the following. 

CIC is processing through June 22, so yours and perhaps others must have been in the hands of an efficient immigration officer, or one who was leaving on vacation and wanted to get ahead, or not with an IO who was on vacation, or... your application was straight-forward and lent itself to quick approval.  Mine includes an open work permit, so that might mean there's more work involved.  We'll see.  Clearly, it's doing a good job of driving me crazy (all this what ifs... or...)!  Time will tell.

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 2:43pm
I am sure yours will come really soon rouge:) so far I only know I got my AIP and I am not sure if they send me the letter yet because it is not showing on ECas that they have!:) But knwoing that I got AIP truly was a very nice new year gift to me.:) I am not sure if my case was straight-forward enough, as my husband is much older than me, but we had been together since 2001 and I've been here in 2003 visting anf my husnband been to Hong Kong so many times as well.  But I guess me being a nurse and my husbnad being a paramedic might help?? not sure:)
I am not really convinced that they are really processing through June 22, as I got my DM already when they said on their website they were still processing 16 Jun or something. I am sure they are already processing your case and you will have to check Ecas very often like I did!:) I checked everytime I got a chance all day haha:)

Hope to hear your good news soon!:):)

Posted By: calgarygirl
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:30pm
hi just found this forum.

just want to share my timeline:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 29, 2009.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 12:06am
Hey calgarygirl, I live in calgary as well:):)welcome to the forum

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 2:08am
cool. when was your application received?

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 1:23pm
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 2, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 24, 2009.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:56pm
that's awesome.

i hope mine will get processed on monday. when did ecas changed? did you call cic about it?

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:08pm
I got the ecas changed on 30/December,2009 and I phoned them and find out I got my AIP:) But I am stil waiting for my letter :)

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:57pm
what did you asked them?

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:03pm
like I got my Decison made on Ecas, so I asked if they can tell me the decision. Also asked them about Open work permit as i did not send it it with my application because I did not know about it.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:13am
really? wow. did you asked them about it? can you get OWP?

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:20am

Yes, he said I can mail them the application form to apply for an OWP now, not sure if it will take a month or 2.5 months though, but I am going to apply anyway, would really like to work!:) I should have send it with my application for PR. but I did not know I could do that at that time, cos I did not find this forum yet!~But still I am getting somewhere now, so am still happy about it.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm
cic updated processing times today:

Processing Applications
Received Up To:

June 29, 2009

no update on my ecas. Cry

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:37pm
Get my letters today, and send off my application to get the OWP and also to get the police certificate from Hong Kong, so they can complete my case. Hopefully it won't be too long till I can get my PR:)

Calgarygirl, I guess you wil have to check ecas all the time now, it is getting so close, good luck:):)

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:43am
congratulations!

i will every hour of the day! lol Big smile

thanks! hey, good luck to you too!

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
good luck everybody!

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:01am
Any good news rouge and calgarygirl??:)

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:54am
called cic, probably next week, they said.

i was really hoping this week.. LOL

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 1:58am
waiting for your good news then, keep us posted:)

Posted By: deppi938
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:11pm
Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline:

App send oct 15th, 2009
Received oct 19th, 2009
IN process as per ECAS : dec 8th, 2009

Now my question is, i m planning to travel outside canada and wondering if there is any problem if i travel while application in process. I have valid work permit and multiple entry visa for canada.. As far i know as long as i have visa it should not be a problem but wanted to know if any of you travelled outside while application in process.. Please help. Thanks a lot

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:15pm
Still waiting...patiently.  Thanks for asking, rabbitcl.  I'm comforted just knowing that CIC is processing applications received through June 29, 2009 - just three days until my July 2nd "application received" date!! - and that was a couple of days ago.  So... yes, I checked my mailbox today and was again disappointed, but hope does spring eternal.  The sun will come out tomorrow, and all that.  Smile

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:04am
just checked my ECAS today:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 29, 2009.

We sent you a letter on January 5, 2010 to 123 Street Address, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Z9Z 9Z9 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp - contact us .

cool!!!!

sadly, i checked it after business hours so i have to wait 'til tomorrow to call cic for the decision. (hope i could sleep tonight Cry)

question:

what was the thing on your guys' ECAS page when you logged in? is it "DECISION MADE" or still "IN PROCESS" ? mine was DECISION MADE.

could it be my PR application was approved at the same time?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:54am
mine was still "in process" cos I only got AIP, so I guess you may get PR as well, if that is the case, congrats!!!!!

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
just called cic, told me both stage got approved at the same time.

best new year ever!

thank you so much everyone! specially to rabbitcl.Big smile ill pray for yours.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:04pm
Congrats Calgarygirl!!!!!:):):) So now you just have to wait for the landing interview and be a PR:) That is such a great news! celebration time for you and your husband then?:)

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:54pm
thanks rabbitcl!

im single! lol! LOL

i was told that a letter from cic calgary office would come within 5weeks from my date of approval.

interiew? what do you think will be asked?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 3:09pm

sorry I did not know!!hey but you got your PR anyway:):)so thats great news. I read on the forum that landing interview only takes a few minutes and they asked you a few questions, which is not really difficult. It is just a procedure for landing.

Calgary is bit slow , another 5 weeks!!

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 9:13pm
no its ok. LOL

yeah, 5weeks eh? well, i waited this long anyways. 

thanks!

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 1:02am

don't worry dear you will get fruitful results.

Posted By: molinaragon
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 5:38pm
Hey Everyone!

I wish all of you the best of luck this year and hope that CIC steps up capacity to process all of our applications. I feel a need to write and let my worries go through the keyboard so I will not carry around all of my worry with me.

This is my timeline so far:

Application Sent: April 2, 2009
Application Received: April 3, 2009
Started Processing: April 21, 2009

Received 1st stage approval and Open work permit on September 11, 2009.

I found a job by October 20, 2009, thankfully.

It's been almost four months and my application has not been finalized. It's driving me nuts. I applied inland spousal. My country of citizenship is the USA, supposedly one of the "easy" countries. They have not asked for any more information. Why on earth is this taking so long??? I want to go on vacation already and see my family! Sheesh!

I have my FOSS notes. My file was brought forward on Nov. 30th. Nothing!
There is no additional BF'D date on my file.

Anything I can do????? Any questions I can ask the infamous Call Centre agents who I am tired of dealing with? (I am super annoyed that I called in early December and they told me I have final approval. I called back a few weeks later and that person had just lied. How incompetent and heartless can these folks be? These are lives that they have in their hands!)

glad I have that off my chest!

Congrats to everyone that is over and done with.
Please wish me luck!

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:20pm
lied? wow, first time hearing this.

it would be a grave offense if someone in cic call center would do this. this is why we should keep track of the agents' names we've talked to.

what is the thing showing on your ECAS when you log in? is it IN PROCESS or DECISION MADE?

i will pray and wish for good luck on your application.

Posted By: molinaragon
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:13pm
Well! I've been given bad info many times. Such bad info that if I followed the information i got the first call i'd probably be deported, like that I didnt need to renew my temp residence visa, etc. My status says in process. I think I'll call back and raise a bit off hell. 

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:13pm
i would talk to a supervisor if i were you and ask for a hell lot of explanation.

Posted By: bluebear
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 3:22pm
I'm in land applicant and CIC received my application on August 24.
Today I received the letter from CIC to ask me to continue proceeding with MICC (Quebec).
I wonder if it means that my first stage is approved by CIC?? 

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm
Hello, bluebear.  First stage approval comes months afterwards, unfortunately.  My husband and I are still waiting for his first stage approval, four months after we received the letter asking us to continue with the MICC.  We immediately filled out his application for the CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec).  It's a really easy application, but costs another $200.  The next day, we hand-delivered the application to the MICC office in Montréal.  A week later, we got the approval from Québec.  That was back in September - so four months later we are still waiting for first stage approval.  Of course, you may be an exception and get it faster, or get it at the same time as you do a final decision.  That apparently happens from what I can see on this and other forums.  Good luck!

-------------

07/02 CIC receives app
09/24 MICC issues CSQ

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:06am
Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband got his letter today for his interview date. It's for Jan 20th here in Edmonton.

Good luck everyone!

Timeline is as follows

May 28, 2009 - Sent App for PR to CIC-V
June 1, 2009 - App received by CIC-V

June 16, 2009 - Started processing
June 18, 2009 - Received requested info
Dec 21, 2009 - DM is first stage of approval!!
Dec 28th, 2009- Received AOR, OWP, and sponsorship approval
Jan 11th, 2010 - Received letter with interview time and date
Jan 20th, 2010 - Interview date

Print Page | Close Window