Print Page | Close Window

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:40am

Topic: IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
Posted By: stressout25
Subject: IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:17am
Hi All,
Welcome back to those who were on the previous forum. Let's get this appeal thread going again and supporting each other in the long wait for our loved ones.

ALLAH is the answer to all!

Replies:
Posted By: dea
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 12:23pm
Hi Stressout25-

I'm still here waiting for an appointment for my ADR from Montreal.
Nice to see you made it on the board.

Posted By: tgchi13
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 12:58pm
Getting ready to submit the Sponsorship Appeal and request CAIPS notes.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 6:33pm
Hi Guys, I am glad you joined the thread...

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:00pm
IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review:

Hi stressout25 (appreciating your screen name btw) this is when things get really scary. You've already gotten a rejection and feel like you are fighting for your life. Having to prove your love and commitment while you fight for your life is frustrating and exhausting.

We all need the support, that's for sure!

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:35pm
tgchi, Yeah we all need each other support.
Dea, You from the previous Immigration.ca forum, am I correct? If yes please invite your friends from the previous forum to come join this one. Lets keep this thread going...

Posted By: robyng65
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:58pm
I am joined up and hoping everyone else does too. My update is we have attained the services of Lee Cohen out of Halifax, I sent him my big box of documents and disclosures last week (2133 pages plus). Hope I soon get a letter in regards to a date for my full appeal, but I am not holding my breath for 6 months. My ADR was cancelled at last minute by Minister's council who cited that our case did not fall into ADR category of one hour conference after they received my big box of documents. I thought if I sent every proof possible of our genuine that we would convince them, but must have sent too much and boggled their minds. I am at a loss until my lawyer reads up on our case and is ready to move forward with our appeal. I need some good news soon.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:32pm
Hi Guys,
Where are the rest of members?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:46pm
Too depressed to respond?

Most likely they haven't quite adapted to the clean new interface!

Posted By: suzieq616
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:50pm
I am here.  Sent for CAIPS last week to see what if any they have been doing on our file.  Should have it as a Christmas present.

Posted By: mingus
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:04pm
I'm here too. I'm still waiting on a copy of my decision letter

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:17pm
Is this an appeal decision ? Do you know the decision not having the letter?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:29pm
Hi suz, Can you please send me the link to order CAIPS?

Posted By: bcsponsor
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:34pm
Hi, Just wondering if anybody that got a PPR saw "Medical Results have been received" on ECas before getting the PPR? I just checked my E-cas and seeing this status. Does this mean PPR is on the way? If yes, how long does it take to receive the PPR? Thanks. 

Posted By: suzieq616
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:44pm
Here is the link for ordering CAIPS.
http://www.immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes - http://www.immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:56pm
suz, Thanks

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by bcsponsor bcsponsor wrote:

Hi, Just wondering if anybody that got a PPR saw "Medical Results have been received" on ECas before getting the PPR? I just checked my E-cas and seeing this status. Does this mean PPR is on the way? If yes, how long does it take to receive the PPR? Thanks. 

We saw the same thing on e-cas:

Permanent Residence
We started processing your application on July 14, 2008.

We transferred your application to the New York office on August 5, 2008. The New York office may contact you.

Interview scheduled for November 12, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

In our case, the decision was negative and brought us to the appeal/adr application stage.

I hope that is not so in your case. Good luck!

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:45am
Question about ADR/appeals and medicals: My partner's medical expired in June. If we proceed with the ARD/appeal and win will he have to under go another medical?

Posted By: sshb
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:08am
hi guyz....still no news..i am waiting for my CAIPS notes

Posted By: AGM
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:28am
Hi-

Yes, Your partner has to redo the medicals as the medical Results are valid for only 12 months [1 year]. 

Once the appeal is allowed, The Local CHC will send the  the medical instructions to the applicant.

AGM

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Question about ADR/appeals and medicals: My partner's medical expired in June. If we proceed with the ARD/appeal and win will he have to under go another medical?

Posted By: rbenoit
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:33am
I am still here as well.
Most you you already know our story but we went through the system.
More then 2 1/2 years from begining to end.
Won at ADR.
Got visa 13 months after winning and finally my wife just celebrated her 1 year anniversary of landing in Canada last weekend.

Posted By: GildaNewBrunswick
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:46am
Hi everyone

I am still waiting for my ADR date through Montreal office.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:54am
Got my decision letter yesterday

Posted By: smart_saqib143
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:02pm
congrats mingus celebrate the proof of your victory,

seems our smiles are blown away in any night of darkness no hope of any good news no sign of any star which will show us some light to guide us toward our goal, it upsets me.

i was little confused why cant i post anything and not getting any news on old forum finally i get to know its been changedClap.

Robyn do you get any updates from your lawyer how long can we expect any response from slow court process?

-------------
Filed Spouse Application September 2007
Case Transferred Islamabad February 2008
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
ADR hearing Canceled Oct, 2009
Now waiting for any reply

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:05pm
bcsponsor, Can you please share your appeal timeline?

Posted By: bcsponsor
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:33pm
Office: CHC New Delhi
Refusal Dec. 2007
ADR August 2008 [Failed ADR]
Full Hearing March 2009 [Won]
July 2009 - Resend updated IMM forms, medical, Police Clearance
Still Waiting for PPR ..

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by mingus mingus wrote:

And not even an exclamation point? Did everything go okay?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:19pm
Glad to see you are here supporting us, it is nice to have your advice to our questions.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:23pm
Have not gotten any news from my lawyer since I sent my box of documents to him. I know he is extremely busy lawyer and I did not get to meet him face to face yet because his office is almost 3 hours drive from my home and we have been dealing so far just be emails. I will be calling him next week to set up a first appointment to see him, I think will make that appointment date in first weeks of January coz these days are very busy for me at work and I am not able to take a day off for appointment. I don't think I will get appeal date soon, I know the workings of the Immigration Canada. When you are down and little hope left, just remember they expect most of us will wait two years for appeal process to finish, so I am not past one year yet, I expect 18 months more wait to get my husband home..........

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:09am
Wow 18 months more i lost interest in Canada but what else i can do Disapprove worthless laws breaking families...

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:21pm
robyng65 & Saqib, My heart goes out to both of you,trust me I know how hard it is.... All I can say guys just pray the ALMIGHTY ALLAH will answer your prayers "one day."

Posted By: natnat
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:54pm
wow, new website and new register eh!! i'm still here as well, want to be here to cheer for the rest here!

cheersTongue

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:34pm
last month i call canada boarder agency, should i call them again to find out, when i will get my CAIPs nots?????

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:40pm
I don't think it will hurt to call again.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:40pm
stressout...i file my appeal in july...its  been 4 months already...for how long does it take?

any idea

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:48pm
sshb, We file our appeal in mid Oct,2008; after 9 months we got the ADR. Its a longggggggg wait. We were dealing with the Toronto office.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:15am
oh ok...but i didn't get my CAIPS nots yet...after that i can get the ADR or Whatever right...

cuz canada boarder agency told me last month that my file is here from ISB..and they are finding out the reason of refusal so then they can send me a copy and IAD a copy...

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:53pm
Thanks Stressout yes we need your prays as we pray everyday and night to be with out loved ones.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:41pm
Mingus, I hope everything goes quickly for you now!

Someone mentioned that they are now losing interest re "living in Canada".  I was born here and I am losing interest. Smile

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:12am
Thanks Gilda - I hope so too

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:20pm
Gilda  i dont know why you are loosing interest living there, actually i feel like a big (wait) mountain created between my wife and me so that we can not meet at all even visitor visa are not given for welfare and social relations between communities and common public even families broken due this kind of laws even many many evidences given on ADR but still these been ignored without giving any reason why they doing it, i said i loosing interest because it seem to be impossible to go there i been refused two times visitor visas once in 2005 second in 2007 then spouse visa in 2008 appeal ADR canceled in  oct, 2009 and as Robyn saying 18 more months to wait which can result in fail appeal as well who will keep any interest but i am in big trouble you dont know how danger for my wife to come Pakistan i dont know how to go to meet her to live with her, you dont know how much closely we connected together we chat morning, noon  after noon , evenings nights everyday i have thousands of pages of chat records and around 50 love letters many other evidences but where can i find the real judge who can give me justice who can make difference between right and wrong is this punishment to marry a Canadian? i want to mention one more thing before marrying my wife i waited 3 years for her divorceCry. Seems my life become a wait.... but the people who are punishing us not know real love never dies, real love never loose Inshallah.
People here give examples the European, American, Canadian governance human rights, legal rights and justice , i hope i will be given justice one day inshallah ul aziz.
beside i lost interest going Canada i can not live without my wife it is my relationship which forces me to be with her how can i leave her, i wonder what if anyone not win appeal or get visa and his wife also can not travel her husband country due to security reasons what will be the option left for them? leave each other? how is this possible it is not possible if i was in them who leave hand of soul mate in middle i would have given up long time ago when i had many more attractive offers and opportunities.... Well i can talk on this whole night because my painful story is very long i know everyone has their own personal life personal stories and you guys are also hurt , in pain and being punished for unknown reasons without knowing what our sins why we been kept away from our families though we have basic human right to be with them we still fighting here and we need each other's support in this hard time. here is my pray for everyone of us Inshallah ul aziz our Almighty GOD (Allah) will make us successful in cases which we are fighting with full honesty , pure hearts love, right intentions Inshallah ul aziz.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:17pm
Hello Smart.  While you are waiting for Immigration you and your wife should consider meeting in a safe country that both of you can go to legally.
Have the opportunity to spend some time together. Perhaps in Dubai.
After waiting for over 2 years and being refused visitor visas and sponsorship PR visa, my wife and I were considering living in another country together.
Fortunately, after 2 years and 7 months my wife received her visa just as we were starting to plan where we were going to go.
Its now been just over a year that my wife has arrived in Canada but the process has left a dark mark about our feelings about Canada. In time it may heal but I think we will always have a sore spot regarding Immigration.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm
hi rbenoit  as i said everyone has personal stories i know this world has a lots of pain if i see those pains i might forget mine... well we been in Thailand and it took my one year's saving and much of my wife we are not able to live in other countries Dubai is most expensive, its easy to say move to third country but no country accepts they need our reason to be there if we live there on visit visa than i need thousands of dollars for tickets and livings we cant afford it, i glad you did well.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:54pm
What about applying for work visas in these third countries? If you can both find employment it might be worth looking at.
I know its expensive to travel as a tourist anywhere you go so consider work travel.

Posted By: hugbug
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:59pm
hey guys, im not in your position but I'm curious about it. I sent my application already and just waiting for response. I know my relationship is real, we love eachother very much...100% genuine. It is easy for me to believe it myself and for those who are around us to see its true. its difficult to try and prove that through documentation and pictures alone...so im nervous about being denied.

Can I ask what reasons they gave you for not believing the relationship was genuine? did all of you go through interviews before being denied?

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:07pm
I'm here, too.  Just waiting on our appeal next month - trying to get prepared.Wacko

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:02pm
Good luck RobsLuv!

What's the date and I'll see if I enough Irish luck left in me to send positive thought :-)

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by hugbug hugbug wrote:

hey guys, im not in your position but I'm curious about it. I sent my application already and just waiting for response. I know my relationship is real, we love eachother very much...100% genuine. It is easy for me to believe it myself and for those who are around us to see its true. its difficult to try and prove that through documentation and pictures alone...so im nervous about being denied.Can I ask what reasons they gave you for not believing the relationship was genuine? did all of you go through interviews before being denied?

You're smart asking how to avoid this situation. Hopefully everyone will succeed and be able to offer their advice.

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:24pm
rbenoit  Work visa would be good, and also study visa is not any problem for me but other things come between like when i will be in any other country and my wife comes with me and live with me problem is that how our kids will come?(kids from her previous marriage) they are studying in Canadian schools and they have some close friends there they are very happy there, when i talk about this to my wife she asked kids and kids were not happy to move any middle eastern countries like Dubai, Saudi Arabia just because they can not understand their languages and cultural differences many more things come and create problem while choosing any third country which will create more problems if we are adopting any   third country we both have to be apart from our families, our cultures, since my baby brother gone on Army training as he is very intelligent he passed the army exam in young age  Now he is in training my mom cry day and night for him and its so hard for her to live without him even he will be back sooner inshallah after training so its not easy for a mother to live away from kids how can i apart my wife from her kids.
member_profile.asp?PF=177&SID=3c4734c71c814dcc3efde7477121b5f1 -
Members Profile
pm_new_message_form.asp?name=rbenoit&SID=3c4734c71c814dcc3efde7477121b5f1 -
search_form.asp?USR=rbenoit&SID=3c4734c71c814dcc3efde7477121b5f1 -
Find Members Posts
pm_buddy_list.asp?name=rbenoit&SID=3c4734c71c814dcc3efde7477121b5f1 -
Add to Buddy List

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:04pm
My situation is exactly same as smart_saqib143, I am a Canadian woman, if lose my appeal I must choose leave my kids here in Canada without a mother and I don't understand why Immigration Canada now has job to separate families instead of allow one man to come in Canada with my full love and Support, its very hard telling children about this, they are just 8 and 10 years old and don't fully know why they are not allowing their stepfather come live with us so we can be a happy family together. My husband is not a threat to Canada or anywhere, I don't understand life is this way by governments, it is not right. And waiting 2 years for my chance to have voice to speak to someone in Immigration Canada, we have not any right in where we live as Canadians and who we can marry or sleep with, yet not even be given chance to speak with someone who can make any movements in my situation. Take a number............6,256,324 now we are serving number 1,000,000 please wait patiently. Sorry for angry rants, I have not any patience left either.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:11pm
We understand you Robyn we waited long and further more required may Allah give us Patience and show us Good results in future inshallah ul aziz we will join our loved ones sooner inshallah ul aziz. 

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 7:02pm
robyn and smart_saqib, i wish you the best for both of you and everyone who is in this situation. May Allah bring all the joys to u...

smart_saqib when is your full hearing, any news...robyn from your side?

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Originally posted by mingus mingus wrote:

And not even an exclamation point? Did everything go okay?

sorry I guess I should have put a

We won our appeal on Nov 10 and I finally got the letter the other day. Now everything is in route between Edmonton and Damascus. Another wait begins, but hopefully it will be a short one. Heading over to visit my husband in a week> Maybe we will get some good news while I am there. Not likely, but a girl can hope!

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:20pm
I was worried! YAY YOU! Congratulations! I am thrilled for you and you family!

-------------
tgchi ~

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:28am
congrats mingus,

SSHB, i didn't hear anything i sent an email to lawyer if they have any news about our full hearing i didn't get any reply yet.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Posted By: mrsJDL
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:38am
Originally posted by rbenoit rbenoit wrote:

Hello Smart.  While you are waiting for Immigration you and your wife should consider meeting in a safe country that both of you can go to legally.
Have the opportunity to spend some time together. Perhaps in Dubai.
After waiting for over 2 years and being refused visitor visas and sponsorship PR visa, my wife and I were considering living in another country together.
Fortunately, after 2 years and 7 months my wife received her visa just as we were starting to plan where we were going to go.
Its now been just over a year that my wife has arrived in Canada but the process has left a dark mark about our feelings about Canada. In time it may heal but I think we will always have a sore spot regarding Immigration.

this is exactly what we are feeling right now, my husband was telling me to leave Canada and move on with our lives. Canada is not the only place in the world. I am extremely depressed now and everyday I wake up in the morning, I don't know how I will make it through the day. What really makes us upset is that it seems that ourlives are being controlled by people we don't even know.

People tell me to be strong because it is only a challenge. But no, it's just plain unfair!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:22pm
hi guys,

where do you get all your strengths??? i already got ill because of stress. i can't sleep, i can't eat and i just cry all the time, even at work, and in public places. maybe people are thinking that i'm crazy, and that's because i'm really starting to get crazy.

my husband's begging me to be strong, but how? i can't even stand hearing christmas songs! and i cry whenever i see people laughing, how can they be happy and i'm sad? don't they have any problems? that's not fair!!!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:33pm
I have an weakened immune system and have been hospitalized twice before knowing the application was rejected: July with H1N1, meningitis and a severe kidney infection and a couple weeks ago with a anaphylactic reaction to a medication.

Stress can kill; your husband just wants you to still be alive when things do work out in your favor.

But then, I laugh even when I may be sad so meh...what do I know. If you are early in the process, it gets worse before it gets better and yes, your husband is correct; you have to be strong to do this.

I wish you luck and success.

-------------
tgchi ~

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:35pm
sorry for being so negative... i know we should all give each other strength especially on these tough times.

i was so devastated because we received the notice from the immigration on Dec. 3, just a day after my mom's death anniversary (dec. 2), and a day before my wedding anniversary (dec. 4). that's why i don't know anymore what to feel and what to do.

just how much pain can a person take?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 4:47am
tgchi13 i am sorry for your sickness , i pray inshallah you will get well soon,

Mrs JDL, we can understand your feelings at the moment keep hopes high inshallah our time will also come when we can smile and be happy though we are depress and no signs of good news at the moment but good time is ahead keep hopes high everything will be good inshallah.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:31am
I too have gone thru the whole stress sickness thing since this process has started over 18 months ago. It got so bad that I actually took a job transfer with my company just so I could move to a new town and have something new to deal with. Something else to try to help take my mind off of everything. Also I was nice not having everyone know about what was going on and not having to asnswer the "when is he coming question" 100 times a day.

My health started to go down hill drastically and last off, I was told I am diabetic. That was the straw that broke me. I made up my mind that immigration has kept me away from my husband, but they were not taking my health too.

I have faced the fact that it maybe a while before my husband is at my side in Canada so I might as well enjoy my alone time while I can. I have started helping one of my local high school with their drama productions, joined a woman's group and taken up knitting. It is just enough to get me out of the house and keep my mind off of things. I am going to do as many things as I can right now, because once he gets here, my time will no longer be just mine and neither will be the TV remote .

nothing can fill the emptiness I feel without my husband, but a good chick flick, a big box of choclate and a box of tissues does do the soul good.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:41pm
SSHB

I appealed last week of June 2009, I was told I would have ADR by mail in November and I am still waiting for the date to be held. (through Montreal).  Hope this helps.  I am anxiously awaiting.  Just work on the organization of your response to the refusal. 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
tgchi13, I am very sorry for your sickness. I wish you a speedy recovery INSHALLAH.

Mrs JDL, Have faith, we all have our bad days. Good things come for those who wait. INSHALLAH we'll be with our love onces "ONE DAY."

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
mingus, I know what you mean by this question "when is he coming question" 100 times a day.
People asked me this question " When are you going to be with your husband?" 1000 times a day gosh I hate that question. I wish if I can move out from my neighbourhood too, but too bad for me I don't have an alternative. Sometimes I feel like this process will never end, I wish that I can see a sign that I will get to be with my husband soon.....

It's hard when you looking at happy couple enjoying the season. When all you can do is just wonder if you will ever be like them or if I'll be with my husband for next Christmas or still be here crying and waiting for him? Damn this sucks... I miss my baby soo much!!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:07pm
What has been getting to me lately is last year this time we were saying oh next year he will be here to go to the christmas party, next winter he would be here for the 1st snow fall, next year, next year,next year and now here we find ourselves say those same things again. How many "next years" will we have to endure before we can say this year?

And I'm not even going to get into the whole baby thing! It seems like everyone I work with is having one and here I sit waiting till next year again......

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:15pm
mingus, Oh my gosh, I can't believe I am not alone. We both are in the same boat.
We keep saying next year we will do this and that; and the next year never reach. Oh about the baby thing , oh my! all my friends having kids,they talking about their kids, what they would give them for Christmas and me here waiting and waiting, more long waiting to have a baby and start my family. Gosh What the hell did I do wrong? Is it wrong to fall in love with a Canadian? if thats wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:47pm
stressout25, mingus and others. We have been saying "next year" for two years now three will be 2010 and I am heartbroke. And as for baby some are lucky they are young, I am now 44 and the last chances for me are slipping by yet we wanted chance for one child together before I could not anymore. I panic to think a broken immigration system could ruin our lives and chance to even have a child together. I have got nothing, no news, no chance of news for I don't know how long. I thought they might be IT advanced enough to have a scheduling database or software that they could just let us know when our appeal date would be even if it is 6 months or 8 months down the road, it would just be nice to have a date to look forward to. I think they force suffering upon us, I really do.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:49pm
GildaNewBrunswick, have faith, you will get ur ADR date in the mail very soon. I'll pray it is your Christmas present okay. I been missing you, hope to get to talk to you soon. Enjoy the "lovely" winter weather, ha ha.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:04pm
Everyone, I don't have to deal with the 100 questions a day because I limited the number of people I told about my situation---specifically, because I knew I could not deal with the questioning.  People do not understand that this is not an overnight process and they don't understand.  Even with the people I told, they are still astounded with what we go through.

When they say "maybe he will be here for Xmas"----I can tell them emphatically that he will not be here this Xmas and maybe not next Xmas!  But, I don't think they really understand what I am saying.

I think the solution is to limit the number of people who know.  In this situation it is easier to suffer in silence!  Xmas is difficult, Thanksgiving was difficult, New Year's Eve will be lonely----again!   It goes on and on!

Posted By: kamjeet
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:00am

Finally, i received the decision letter yesterday.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
I didn't have much choice in telling everyone, I lived in a very small town where everyone works for one of 3 companies and everyone knows everyone elses business. Plus, one of the 2 people I told blabbed it to everyone.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:24pm
congrats Kamjeet Celebrate this happy moment we are happy for you,

i am totally agree with gilda that we are tired of telling people when we will be gone, or when my wife tells people that he will be here on Christmas or new year or wedding anniversary.

People still ask me cuz i am in process almost two and half years and our relationship crossed sixth year mashllah, so people wonder why i can not have the right to be with my wife they still ask but i never tell them when i will be gone cuz i feel embarrassment that i alwaysBig smile say i am going and i not goingCool. But hopes are alive we will face this hard time Inshallah ul aziz And Inshallah ul aziz we will be the winners Embarrassedlet them test our patience Allah is with us.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:41am
seems we missed some of the users of this thread, i do not see much posts where are you guys?

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
smart_saqib,
some of us have moved to the other thread "Timeline after appeal allowed"

any news for you yet? 

Posted By: MarinaCee
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:21am
My ADR was"suppose" to be Today but the ministers council didn't show up!! I'm soo ticked off!! Has this happened to anyone else??

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:14am
MarinaCee.....I am shocked !!!!

Now what's going to happen? are they going to make you wait for another day??? Oh my god!!!!!

There was another girl Rosebella who got stuck on the train and was late  by an hour for her ADR hearing, she even called them from the train explaining the situation. once she made it to the office, they told her it was too late. the minister's council didn't talk to her and  the mediator for the IAD told her to go to full hearing!!!!!! this makes me sick.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 12:01pm
hello Kamjeet now you are relief from appeal headache now much easier for you to have your husband, nothing i heard i do not know how long we have to wait new year comes i think it wrong option for them to give us ADR and cancel before it happens just like we file appeal from the beginning what you think?

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
smart_saqib, in cases like mine and yours, they mostly have full hearings. they should have scheduled for full hearing in the first place. and your lawyer should have requested full hearing. Lawyers should know if your case would win in ADR. I was pushing my lawyer to get me ADR and he said to me that i had a better chance of winning full hearing.

My headache about the appeal is over but another long wait starts. People still wait up to a year after winning appeals. I'll see how long I have to wait.

I hope you get your date soon.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:42pm

They said they "hoped" to be able to reschedual for January... if we're lucky!  I can't believe it.. I got there Early, the DRO came out to meet me and told me this news and I told her I'd wait for someone.  When someone from the Ministers council came down to speak to me, they tried to blame it on IAD and IAD blamed it on Ministers schedualing.... and while they play the blame game, we're still stuck Waiting for Them!

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:19pm

Marina, i'll say that's redicilous.  Keep calling them and make sure you get in, in January. What was the reason for the guy for not showing up? Did they double book?

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
Hi, Kamjeet..
no, they didn't double book.. they didn't book it on their end at all.  The gentleman that came down to talk to the DRO told me that I couldn't wait for someone to come in because they hadn't even Looked at my file yet!  Meanwhile I received a call from the IAD office to tell me of my appointment and I received a call from the ministers department to tell me about the date.  The just didn't schedual the Ministers Counsel.. it's soooo frustrating!  If we are late, too bad.. but it they are late it's ok.. no big deal.  They were late with my infor from the VO - 120 days turned into 139 days!  And now this.  Grr.  sooooo frustrating.  Angry

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:54pm

Marina, did they send you a letter advising you of your ADR date or they just called?

It's too bad that  it happened. Who knows how much longer it will be. I feel bad for you. it also makes sad that now you have to wait longer. But then there nothing you can do. Let's just hope that they reschedule you soon. I think you already know this but if you don't hear anything by the second week of January, give them a call.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:59pm
I don't recall receiving a letter stating the date, but the DRO said they had sent one out and that she will get to the bottom of this mistake.  I hope she really means that.  I overheard the ladies talking behind the glass partition and they said this was the second time this happened and they weren't too happy about it.

I plan to call them on Monday to find out what is going on.  There must be someone that I can complain to about this... grr.  as you can tell, I'm still ticked about this lol

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:30pm
kamjeet may be you are right we should have taken full hearing at advance anyways but if you see we didn't loose ADR? he could just call my wife and ask some questions and then refuse why they just cancel it it doesn't seem right to me atleast they should let it happen why its so strange?

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:07am
Smart_Saqib I can understand the pain you are going thru. I've been there. I know how frustrating this whole process is. There was a time when i wasn't sure if i was ever going to be able to bring my husband to Canand. I had met few people with similiar cases as mine and they even lost in Ferderal court, so i was freaking out everyday. I am so glad it's over. But do't worry your day will come and you will be with your family.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:10am
marinaCee

If they make you wait  for months and months again maybe you should bring this to you MP's attention. He/she might be able to speak to the IAD for you. These issues need to be brought to someone's attention so the system can be made better. Not sure if  they will be of any help as some of the MP's  don't seem to  give a hoot about people like us, but it's worth a shot.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
Thanks Kamjeet, i like your support whenever we hear something about bright hope towards our desire goals i feel good yes its been so hard living without my wife and just dreaming to be with her than to be with her in real, if you dont mind what was in your case  i glad  you won it  but what really it was i am just curious.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 4:45pm
Smart_saqib
are you asking what the reasons were for the refusal?
I am older than my husband
i have a child from previous marriage
i am more educated than my husband
we didn't spend too much time in person before marrying
we didn't go on honeymoon long enough
Immigration was more susupicious about my husband's intentions for marrying me and they thoght  i was genuine. My husband gave a really good interview. all the reasons were  not for the lack of knowledge about each other, mainly  the differences as mentioned as above.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 11:00pm

Could someone explain the BF date again please.  I see ours is May 2011.

Thanks

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 5:44pm
Oh kamjeet thanks for your words and by the way Merry Christmas to everyone, and very Happy new year.

Kamjeet  much of the things are similar in my case as well but as i chat too much with my wife day and night and she shares everything and i share everything to her and we have long relationship thats why whatever interviewer asked i replied well overall my interview was good but its so disappointing i was still refused even i gave them very much credible evidences, and much better evidences to in ADR if that evidences go through their eyes and they know our sufferings why did they make us more wait its going to be three months since they sent our Case in Court i did not hear anything, i do not know what is going on and why this court process so slow, we say here in Pakistan that our judicial system is so slow where people die before finding the justice i see same in Canada my wife had to wait two and half years to get divorce now this visa process. Oh my Allah my wait is just like a prisoner who had done a sin(Marriage to an american ) and i am being punished for that, i am still missing the Happiness of the free birds who wish to fly high after long time of being in cage but my wait never gets end either their clear No not coming to put lock on our fates to reach each other we would find an alternative way to be together.

-------------
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009

Posted By: Logari
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 9:16am

If an application is refused, I am wondering if all the forms and documents are returned to the applicant along with refusal letter?  If someon wins appeal, does he has too complete all the forms again?  Does IAD directly contact the visa office about decision or it is applicant's responsibility to inform the visa office about the result of appeal hearing?  On average, any idea how long it takes to get an IAD hearing appointment?

Posted By: Tasleem
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 5:43pm
Hi Logari,

If your application is refused you will get a refusal letter.  At that time you can appeal (instructions in the letter) when you ask for an appeal, you will either go to an ADR or a full hearing.  It takes about 9 months from the refusal letter to the ADR (sometimes faster or slower based on your case and processing office).  You can request for file notes when you appeal (this takes 3 months to get).  That's my timeline - hope it helps.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 10:51am
no original documents are returned unless you decide not to appeal. IAD inform the visa office directly about the decision after winning ADR or full hearing. After the appeal, you will need to fill out couple of forms and re-do medical and police clearance.

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 5:10pm
Well, everybody - we're just a couple of weeks away from our full hearing.  Wish us God-speed!  We've got the info submitted and are preparing - will let you all know how things go.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 6:56pm
RobsLuv, all the best, I know yo will do fine and and walk out of there with a big smile. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 8:52pm
RobsLuv, I hope God is smiling on you. Good luck!!!

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:52am
MarinaCee

any news yet on the rescheduling of your ADR?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:28am
Kamjeet, yes! It has been (re)set for Jan 20th!! I hope this I the last of it!!

-------------
MarinaCee

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:14pm
MarinaCee

Thank god, you must be relieved. Wish you all the best. keep us updated.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 2:39pm
Hello everyone,

i just want to know what is the procedure for the appeal. I am trying to read the guide in the website but i do not understand a single word it says because of my confused state of mind. How would u know what type of appeal u are going to do? Im reading about ADR and full hearing. Which comes first? Who will decide which one u are going to take? Does the refusal letter come with letter of appeal? Do i have to have a lawyer or can i do it by myself?

I know i am asking too much but i think i better ask u guys who have already gone through this pocedure coz i don't think any of what is written in the website applies to real life.

Thank you for your help. God bless you all.   

Print Page | Close Window