Print Page | Close Window

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
Forum Description: Permanent residence for skilled workers. The point system and related issues. Employer sponsorship is not a requirement
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:44pm

Topic: Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker
Posted By: ahmoos
Subject: Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:18pm
Guys,

I created this post so as to continue our discussion regarding our long wait for background checks.  

Please participate. 

Regards,

Replies:
Posted By: mastermind
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:44am
Question? is background check done after medical? thx

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
My guess is they start doing the BC when they send you the IA together with the medical forms.  This does not mean, however, that in some cases they might start it earlier.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:33am
I already submitted my fee for Right for permanent residence,t4s & everything. so whats the next step then?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:51am
The next step will be to wait untill the contact you will the PPR.  Hopefully your wait wont be long
BTW what is ur time line.

Posted By: newleaf
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:55pm
guys you wouldn't believe, i just got a letter from CSIS saying the background checks on my application have been cancelled due to a lack of information. I am so depressed right now not even sure what to do... feel like just ending this life.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:11pm
Newleaf,

I do not understnad what that means.  May be it is positive.  May be it means they will send your PPR.  Please explain what is the consequences of this letter.  Will they start BC all over?

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:27pm
I dont even know what happened, I just got a letter from CSIS on Monday saying
"the background check has been cancelled due to a lack of information and I need to redirect my queries to CIC officials to reinstate the security enquiries."
I have already written to CIC but havn't got a response yet. This is such bull sh*t. My checks have been ongoing for almost  20 months now. They are supposed to write to us if they need information, clearly somebody isn't doing their job and we at the bottom end are taking hits.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:31pm
Newleaf, calm down.  The only thing you can do now is to wait for their reply.  But this is the first case that I hear this happening.  But what does it mean that you need to redirect your queries to CIC officials to reinstate the security enquiries. Do you mind stating you time line and where r u from. 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:16pm
Started processing application on Jan 28, 2008
02 April 08, Medicals received
19 July 08, requested police clearance from pakistan, Aug 08 received police clearance

dont think it matters where you are from, my friend is from the same place as I he got his processed in 6 months through FSW class.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:19pm
Newleaf,

After thinking it over.  I think the reason why you did not hear back CIC is because they are most probably waiting for a letter from CSIS giving them the details of needed info.  When they receive it they will respod to you, probably asking some more documents fro your side.  My hope is that they will finalize your case without the need to reinstate the security checks.  But if these are needed to be reinstated, then hopefully they will give you periority so you will finsih in max of 3 months.  So please keep your spirits up and let us hope for the best.  Anyways keep me updated once you hear anything back fro them.

Regards,

Posted By: tara
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:39pm
It is the first time that I heard about this situation. It is completely wierd. But for now just be cool down. don t worry it will be ok. you may send them an email ask them about any information that you could provide them for more clarification of your case.
Midtime it would helpfull to write down for us the exact letter which CSIS send to you. This could be helpful to figure out the main purpose behind this letter.
Anyways don t worry we are here for you.

Posted By: paddle
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm
newleaf, I'm surprised CSIS reached out to you directly or did you contact them yourselves? Either way, keep us posted.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:14am
Paddle Welcome any new news on your side

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:16am
tara,

welcome.  Can you please share your time line

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:26am
My timeline is:
File open Buffalo: 26 Aug 2009
AOR+Medical forms: 5 Sep 2009
IA:    5 Oct 2009
last email communication: they mentioned about background information from other government offices(s).

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:54am
good thats fast !!!

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:02am
Question guys .. is there any way to get an update about permenant residence application. would I be able to get an update about my case through cic website (case specific enquiry). thx

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:07am
Newleaf,

I read your message again, I understand that you request information directly from CSIS. and then they mentioned you about BC canceltion. I think thats normal when they are not be able to verify your background information they will cancel the BC and refer it to CIC to transfer the reponsibility to them. then CIC will take decision based on available information... so don t worry it is something completely normal and may happen for many applicant but as far as they don t ask CSIS directly, they never be informed.

Posted By: mosh
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:55am
Newleaf, I am with tara , dont lose hope , may be you will receive your PPR soon . let us know of any news , i hope your long wait will be over soon.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:34am
no updates at my end

Posted By: montreal129
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:58am
My time line:(Quebec Applicant)
Federal Application:2nd week of  July, 2009
AOR:last week of July 2009
Medicals: last week of Aug , 2009
sent More documents(US state police certificates): first week of Oct, 2009...
Country of origin: Pakistan , currently in Montreal...
Now wait mode...

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:38am
I was wondering if anyone could answer my question. thx in advance

"is there any way to get an update about permenant residence application. would I be able to get an update about my case through cic website (case specific enquiry)`

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:39pm
Montreal129,
 have your recieved the letter which indicates that your intial assessment was completed with interview waiver? I mean IA letter?

Posted By: pet6121
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:05pm
Tara,

I recieved a similar email yesterday about background check and request from other government offices.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:55pm
Yes I received that type of letter in the first week of september. They also asked me to pay RPRF...

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:45am
pet6121, monteral129, tara,
my time line is AOR sep 21, 2007
medicals june 2008
still background checks.
you have nothing to do just wait and be patient

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:26am
For the folks in US, do you there is any chance we can also contact any Canadian MPA to follow-up on our case?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:47pm
Mosh,
 our case is a little bit different since the time between file opening and IA is 2 months for me however in your case it seems to be more than a year. this may beacuse of new system or arrangement in CIC.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
Mosh are you Quebec applicant?,
tara i guess for all quebec applicants everything follow more or less the same timeline except background check which varies with applicants...

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
montereal129 , I am not to Quebec .

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:13pm
Newleaf,

I was wondering if yu made any communication from your side by CSIS.  

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:27am
ossi,  mommylawyer , cowtown , no news????
paddle , ahmoos  we are freezing untill next year.

Posted By: CowTown
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Hi folks,
I'm still under backgroun check. (I've been stuck there for the past 20 months).
As I discussed in the old forum, I have filed a complaint againts CSIS. It's moving along well, albeit very slowly. I will discuss the details once I have more news to share.
Best of luck to everyone.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:37am
Mosh,  It seems you are right.  I hope this curse will be lifted soon.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:40am
Cowtown,  Thank you for the update.  I am stuck for 19 months already.  It is a courageous move to file a complaint against CSIS.  Are you in Canada.  Please update us once you know any news about the complaint.

Posted By: SYED497
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:31pm
On a same boat
Applied June 2008
AOR  And file transfer to la May 2009
IA and MEDs in JULY 2009
Send med in AUG 2009
Last email still waiting for BC i am from pakistan lived in USA for 14 years and now in canada on Work permit.Hopes it will helpClap

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:25pm
I have seen a pattern where they clear some pakistani muslims within 4-5 months after medicals. If not, then it's a long 2-2.5 yr wait.

So Syed497, hopefully you get your PPR in the next few months.

Posted By: pbusa15
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:24pm
I am still waiting. Our family medicals were done in Sept. 2008.  Our new born baby medical was Nov. 2009. Buffalo office confirmed me two months before that they had received my background checks report.

Posted By: ohcanada
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:09am
Hi

I got CSQ in March 2009 without interview then i applied Federal in April. Got AOR AND IA in July 2009 since then I am having background check. Now suddenly they tell me that they want to interview me. Interview me for waht I already have CSQ? Am i in trouble or could this be a mistake or confusion?

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:23am
pbusa, hopefully its any day now.

ohcanada, order your CAIPS notes. That should have the reason for the interview.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:58pm
hey
What is CAIPS HOW long does it take to come ? and how much I have allready spent too much money on this immigration thing

Posted By: Immigration Expert
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:17pm
Hello OhCanada,

In order to be well prepared for your interview you may consider to order and review your CAIPS notes which you can obtain from CIC in Ottawa. More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf  It takes apprx. from 30 to 40 days.  If you wish to obtain professional advice please contact my office via email mailto:[email protected] - [email protected] and we will set up a Skype video conference.  

Hope it helps. Good luck!Smile

-------------
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:18pm
Any updates guys

Posted By: pc61
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:18pm
Hello everyone,

My time-line is as follows.

Sent applications: Oct. 2007
AOR: Nov 2007
IA and medicals: June 2008

Heard nothing else since I applied.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:50am
today i got mail from Buffalo asking for updated FBI clearance..

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:54am
paddle , Good news . so your long wait will soon be over. Good luck.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:25am
thanks mosh. I'd hope that Buffalo is only asking for updated clearances since the bgnd checks are over.

Posted By: Ossi
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:51am
No news so far in my case.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:05pm
anyone received a passport request in Nov/Dec?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:27pm
Here's what I heard back from Buffalo in response to my latest email. As far as I understand this is what everyone will get if still on the (extensive) background check.

We have requested background information from other government offices(s). Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:39pm
Yes you are right !! thats what i always get too

hOW many days did it take them to reply to you. ?
I sent them an email on Dec 9th and still they have not responded back. Before they used to reply within 2 days but this time its been a few days.

thanks

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:49pm
It took me exactly two days for a response. Have no idea why yours took longer. I also thought that two days are the standard.

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:39am
from where they seek back ground checks 

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:37am
mod, they get the background checks from your origin country and the other countries you have lived in more than 6 months , and the time of the background checks depends to the country you came from , a bout me now 18th month after medicals , and Buffalo can do nothing with background checks , they are carried out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada , we have just to wait.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:38pm
 I sent Buffalo an email asked them if they have recieved my BC check or not. after 2 days they resposed with a comprehensive explanation about the BC proceudre they mentioned about three different organization which usually involved in BC checking and they mentiond  since many agencies  involved in BC they can not estimate the processing time, they asked me to understand and be patience . They mentioned as soon as they recieved the positive BC they will immideiatly finilized my case.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:18pm

I emailed buffalo this week, and it is the same old response. 

ohcanada, probably you should send another email. I got the reply the next day.

Tara have you sent so many emails to get their detailed email.  

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
yes i sent another one today !!

tara can you please copy paste the email you got it would be helpful

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:19pm
the email that I sent is my second email to buffalo since my application was opened in August. the contant of email was what I mentioned, I don t feel comftable to copy paste it in the web:)!

Posted By: CowTown
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm

This is what their template for the detailed response to inquiries about long background checks looks like. (It really does not tell us anything we didn't already know):

"Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act is very explicit in requiring that all applicants' backgrounds be reviewed and that they be cleared of any involvement in espionage, terrorism, crimes against humanity, war crimes, serious criminality and organized criminality before immigration visas can be issued. These checks are carried out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada in collaboration with such partner agencies as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service and the Canada Border Services Agency and, as necessary, in cooperation with agencies of governments in other countries.

Because of the many agencies involved and the importance Canada places on these checks, their processing is often lengthy. While we do follow up regularly with our partner agencies, we remain dependant upon them to conduct the necessary research and investigations and provide us their findings.

We understand your concerns with the amount of time your file has been in process at this office, and your frustration with our inability to provide you with time frames for completion. We can only say that, once we receive positive results from our partners, we will proceed to the finalization of your file as expeditiously as possible.

In the meantime, we ask your understanding - and appreciate your patience."

Posted By: Quebec2010
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:24pm
Hi
Does someone know how long it will take to get background check's result from US?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:17pm
Quebec2010, no one seems to know.  But it could be as short as 3 months and as long as a couple of years.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:40am
Today, I have received passport  request via email.

This forum always has been very informative and encouraging for me throughout the processing of my application. I wish best of luck all of you gays. I hope all of you will receive passport request very soon.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:48am
congratulations pbusa15. 

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:54am
Congratulations PBUSA.  I hope ours is on the way.  Was that email in response to your enquiry or they just sent an email.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:57am
The passport request is not response of my any email inquiry.  But about three months before I requested them to send me passport request via email.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:26pm
congratulations pbusa15, good luck

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
Congratulations pbusa15. Could you please refresh my memory with your timelines? I know two more people received PPR who did their medical on May 2008. Moreover, the following stats might be interesting to you:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/monthly-approvals

Change the local canadian visa office to buffalo. Seems like the next month in the row to get approvals are Nov. 2007.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:22pm
my timeline is here:  http://www.trackitt.com/member/pbusa15 - http://www.trackitt.com/member/pbusa15

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
Congradulation pbusa, hope we all recieve our PPR soon.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:39pm
Congratulations pbusa15

Posted By: can2k9
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
why CIC take RPRF before background checks? landing fees without landing??

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:56pm
how much time they take for BC for the guy who has worked in kuwait for more then 3 years applied from Delhi??

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:36am
hi can2k9 .. you are posting in wrong thread. sorry & none of us would be able to help you here. please post in delhi, india thread. this thread is for "Buffalo, NY, USA - LONG background checks tracker". I hope this will answer your question.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:25pm
for pakis they check,re check,re re check,re re re check.....not CIC fault. Depends upon reputation of one's country. dontmond plz.

Originally posted by newleaf newleaf wrote:

Started processing application on Jan 28, 200802 April 08, Medicals received19 July 08, requested police clearance from pakistan, Aug 08 received police clearancedont think it matters where you are from, my friend is from the same place as I he got his processed in 6 months through FSW class.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:51pm
hi guys
do i inform CIC of change of phone number ...address is still the same though?

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:07am
I think there is no harm in updating this information. you can do it through CiC website or e-case inquiry

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Today I went to Consulate General Buffalo, and have got my passport stamped. The visa validity is till Mar. 2010 (my medicals were expired on Sept. 2009)

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 11:57am
congrats pbusa15

well guys, still no updates on this end, its going to be 2 years in a few weeks time. I dont think I'll want settle in manitoba permenantly, if I move out of the province I will have to reapply in another category. I can either wait for few more months or just let this go and reapply possibly in CEC. 

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:39pm
congratulations pbusa15. nice to hear someone has passed the BC long wait. good luck.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:42pm

there is some update in my case, I recieved a letter asking me to appear for interview in april. I did the medicals in feb 08, so it is close to 2 years.

please any advice? is someone out there who has been in an interview? any web links?

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:48pm
Ossi,  I hope this is good news.  You are from Egypt as far as I remember.  I am also from Egypt and my medicals were done in June 08.  I hope that your interview in April will conclude your case with a PPR.  Is there anything in your background that you think they may ask you.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:01pm
thanks ahmoos. absolutely no idea. I have been in canada for the past 4 years. my application was very detailed with all my study and work places I believe. but any ways.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:02pm
Ossi,  Good luck.  I think it may be a routine question.  Hope you all the best and that you get done by April.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:04pm
Ossi.  Did they state what kind of interview they intend?

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 11:14pm

no they did not mention. someone told me the interview after the BC is about every thing. an interview may go for hours asking about everything: education, work, family, ...etc.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 1:51am
Hey Ossi
are you CSQ? Did they ask you for an interview after CSQ?

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 1:52am
Also is your interview in French or ENGLISH? i am from Pakistan and they mentioned an interview in an email but no dates

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 7:38am
I am not csq. it is in English. the interview date should be mentioned in e-CAS. check your status online.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 11:14am
I AM quebec applicant and i got that in email for interview without dates
i dont know how to go on ECAS though

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 8:11pm
is there something wrong with your ecas, or just don't know how?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
if not able email them back or wait for the letter. Let us know. Good luck.

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 7:49am
ossi , your interview will be in buffalo ?
once I read in the old forum that a guy was interviewd last year in buffalo for 20 min and they were very nice with him, i hope every thing will be ok with you dont worry, but i am wondering if just all the people from the middle east asked for interview or the interview is that because the lack of bc informations .

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 3:01pm
thanks for the wishes mosh. the interview is in Buffalo. someone told me that the interview went for 3 hours. I am not sure if there is any criteria as to why to call some people for interview. So many people receive their PPR without interviews. I hope you and the others on this forum won't have to go through the hassle of an interview. good luck

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 1:22pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you.  and I hope this New Year bring good news  for everyone in this forum

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:13am
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Posted By: SYED497
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:22pm
happy new year all

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:04pm
happy new year to all ,  hope for all of us to get pprs soon
Smile

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:14pm
Happy new year everyone.  I hope this year will end our suffering

Posted By: meilee
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 5:01pm
could anyone answer my questions? I am under BCPNP I submitted my application for PR  last May '09 .they started to process it last July, I did my medicals last August ,,I pay my RPRF last Sept.they transfer my file to Seattle last Sept. too. they ask me to complete my personal history only last dec. how long will it takes before I can get my PPR. ?  I need to renew again my pasport it will be expires very soon. tnksSmile

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:39pm
HI guys
so i have got a call for an interview after CSQ. I am in canada on visitor record...the interview in US is in Buffalo- I dont have a visa to the US...................WHAT SHOULD I DO O...? KINDA panicking all suggestions are welcome
thanks

Print Page | Close Window