Print Page | Close Window

Shipping to a student from the US

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm

Topic: Shipping to a student from the US
Posted By: haledamage
Subject: Shipping to a student from the US
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 10:24am
How can I ship some personal items to my son who is from the US and going to school in Montreal?
Do the students have to pay duties and taxes on their personal items?Smile

Texas Girl

Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:31pm
If you son has a valid study permit, he's permitted to ship his personal effects without paying duty.
There is a form on the CBSA website for that.

Posted By: sultan
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 5:38am
Canada is one the great destinations for students as well working people. Studying in Canada requires a good academic qualification and a good balance as well. I have heard lot about student - movers Canada moving domestically in search of apartments where they don't have to rush to go to college. But certainly Canada is dreamland for every kind of people either it's working visa or student visa.

Posted By: lsmyth2
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:25pm
Just make sure you don't designate it as "gifts." If so, the additional fees will be necessary to pay.  My mom made that mistake once!

Print Page | Close Window