Print Page | Close Window

Quebec Applicants Cases

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
Forum Description: Permanent residence for skilled workers. The point system and related issues. Employer sponsorship is not a requirement
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=76
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:37am

Topic: Quebec Applicants Cases
Posted By: keptis
Subject: Quebec Applicants Cases
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:33pm

Welcome all.

Applicants who have applied for the certificate of selection and await news or new comers who wish to explore this possibility Or applicants who were successful and are onto the federal process.

This thread is for you.

Replies:
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:36pm
Great news guys.

I now found the chance to tell you all i passed the interview.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:45pm
Questions asked of me:

What were my duties when I worked in Quebec?
Do I have contacts to get a job?
How long have I been taking French classes and if I am presently studying french?
What region I want to live and why?
How old am I ?
Do I have brothers and sisters?
and other pertinent questions on my immigration plan

Posted By: Immiman
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:04am
Hey keptis,

CONGRAATS for your Cerificate. Do any of you guys know if one has ot submi original or photocopy of birth certificate for PR application?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:40am
I am sure some will answer question. But I will try to find out.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:09am
You have to submit your original certificate and it is returned to you after you submit your application.

Posted By: Zygurn
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:35pm
Good job, Keptis. I guess you polished your French now.

Immiman, I submitted an original birth certificate.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:53pm
Thks Zy.

Posted By: alfred2g
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:51am
i only sent the photocopy of the Birth certificate(translated from Arabic) and the application was accepted

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:58am
Here is my time-line

Damascus office
15 Jan 2009 : Application received to BIQ (Damascus)
15 Feb 2009 : Received AOR(Quebec) (mail)
14 Jun 2009 : called for interview (email , and mail)
01 Sept 2009 : interview got CSQ (in Damascus)

14 Sept 2009 : sent application to Federal through Beirut office (to Damascus of course)
                        application was returned because of contradictions in the dates :(
28 Sept 2009 : Resent application to Federal (submitted to Beirut, they send it to Damascus, it is ridiculous)
13 Oct 2009 : started processing (ecas)
23 Oct 2009 : Received AOR + file number (mail)
waiting..........

hope this helps
please post yours

Posted By: krisp
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:24am
Parlez vous Francais , Quebecois ?

-------------
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:27am
Originally posted by krisp krisp wrote:

français oui mais je ne comprend rien du québécois :)

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
oui oui , je ne comprend pas chaque ausi.

-------------
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html

Posted By: CastAway
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:23pm

Friggin "A" Zy ! Friggin "A" !Big smile

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:08am
Hey alfred and keptis, thanx for replies, each office has their own procedures. Mine Abu Dhabi is bit confusing here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/assets/pdfs/Application-Check-list-en.pdf they asked to send photocopy of CSQ but in interview the interviewer asked me to send orignal to office bit confused but here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37146.pdf they didnt ask for submtting even photocopy of CSQ . Very confusing.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:33am
Can somebody without he knowledge of French apply for Qubec ? I had one year french from Alliance Francaise , but it is almost gone now.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 10:44am
Well one year of french is a basic knowledge of French.

You have to continue improving your French.

But it does not hurt applying in my opinion unless money is an issue for you.
You have a chance to qualify like everybody else.
Wish you all the best in your decision.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Immiman Immiman wrote:

Hey alfred and keptis, thanx for replies, each office has their own procedures. Mine Abu Dhabi is bit confusing here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/assets/pdfs/Application-Check-list-en.pdf they asked to send photocopy of CSQ but in interview the interviewer asked me to send orignal to office bit confused but here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37146.pdf they didnt ask for submtting even photocopy of CSQ . Very confusing.

Can anybody answer this?

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:40am

Can somebody without he knowledge of French apply for Qubec ? I had one year french from Alliance Francaise , but it is almost gone now.

Hey krisp, I had same level of french as yours , if u have the will you can do it too. I got private tutor cleaned my conversational french learned most asked questions and went for interview and passed with flying colors

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:13am

Can anybody answer this?

you surely must send the CSQ (the Damascus checklist doesn't specify anything about submitting a CSQ, but you should send it, the one entitled "immigration Canada", in addition to another paper, forgot its name :)  it usually comes with the CSQ)

regards

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:31am
I think you get two originals of CSQ by mail. I think so. And you required to send one with your federal application. No photocopy.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:08am
Keptis and Immiman , 

Thank you for your lovely suggestions.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:25am
Need to send Original CSQ that has Immigration Canada in the bottom right corner. The Titulaire original is yours to keep. It's usually not stated to send in the .pdf office files for some reason, but you must send it.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:08pm

Hey guys,

For all you CSQrs out there, check out Montreal news/talk INFO 690 am. Great way to hone your
French skills. I listen to the webcast bout 2 hours every day :

http://www.corusnouvelles.com - http://www.corusnouvelles.com

Ne manquez pas : Info six, quatre-vingt dix!!! :D

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:56am
It is very confusing, other than original police certificate , it didn't ask for original CSQ in the application. It said all of them must be photocopy even the PR application. CryJust very confused which is delaying the application process. I emailed them and it's been more than 5 days. They dont answer calls. Anybody who applied via Abu Dhabi office can help?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 4:15am

It is very confusing, other than original police certificate , it didn't ask for original CSQ in the application. It said all of them must be photocopy even the PR application. CryJust very confused which is delaying the application process. I emailed them and it's been more than 5 days. They dont answer calls. Anybody who applied via Abu Dhabi office can help?

they need the original CSQ, period, stop putting unnecessary delays on your application
the quebec IO told me when he signed and gave me the CSQ to send the original
you don't need  the one for immigration Canada , you only need the titulaire (for some gov services when you go to Quebec :) )

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:32am
Well looking at both documents. Keep in mind the documents requested are never returned to you so only send originals for those you can recover easily by going to a government agency and send copies for those that are next to impossible to get again (like a degree for instance).
- CSQ: While it doesn't say, you must send it, for some reason, they never mention it. You send one of the 2 originals you were given, the one with IMMIGRATION - CANADA on the bottom right corner. The other (TITULAIRE) is yours to keep and to use in Quebec for things like Health Insurance or registering for masters'/doctoral degrees, etc.
- Passports: Send only copies, never the original till you're gonna get the PR stamped.
- Birth Certificate: I don't know if you're married and taking kids with you, but I would send original but that's me since I can obtain an original rather easily, unlike a passport.
- Police Certificate: Original.

Everything else seems clear to me.

Posted By: ohcanada
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:07am
Hi

I got CSQ in March 2009 without interview then i applied Federal in April. Got AOR AND IA in July 2009 since then I am having background check. Now suddenly they tell me that they want to interview me. Interview me for waht I already have CSQ? Am i in trouble or could this be a mistake or confusion?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm

Shhhtaun vrai calisse d´mere cette accent la! LOL

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ohcanada ohcanada wrote:

Hi
 Now suddenly they tell me that they want to interview me. Interview me for waht (sic) I already have CSQ? Am i in trouble or could this be a mistake or confusion?

Only one way to find out OhCan...thats to go to the interview.

I´m sure there´s nothing to worry about.Wink

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm
theres no interview date or time or where provided !! ( so where do i go ) it jsut says we weill tell u in a few weeks and thats the email me lawyer got . i got a totally different one saying we are doing background check so i wonder what the case is ?

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:37am
I went to embassy in Abu Dhabi to apply and first time reached late 1105 when it stated at that time on their website that they are open till 11:30 a.m . Next day again went after 4 hr drive and this time they said they dont accept Cash in canadian dollars anymore! morons , their website clearly stated that. I ran to banks quickly to make bank draft but none of them made any! Finally reached an exchange center who told me their draft got rejected many times. In a hurry that moron made "the receiver general for canada" draft instead of "of" . I still went and applied and the lady at the counter hesitantly accepted stating "it would have been better if it would have been bank draft". then it was weird she returned my pr application form stating you dont need two copies, i told her this was application for pr as quebec immigrant . she then took it back. I dont know where does canadian embassy get these incompetent ppl.

it was hectic to apply

Posted By: Sadofix
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 4:35pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline (I'm applying from the US):
CSQ applied: March 1, 2009
CSQ received: August 17, 2009
PR Application + medical + Police certificate sent: Oct 2, 2009
AOR received: Dec 9, 2009
Application Sent to Detroit: Dec 15, 2009

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 6:59am
happy new year prospective quebecers

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:30pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Smile

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:22pm
HI guys
so i have got a call for an interview after CSQ. I am in canada on visitor record...the interview in US is in Buffalo- I dont have a visa to the US...................WHAT SHOULD I DO O...? KINDA panicking all suggestions are welcome
thanks

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:07am
Ohcanada,
You need to contact them ASAP and tell them that you dont have a US visa. If you tell them soon enough, they might give you an interview in Canada.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:10am
REALLY !! do you know if that Happens!! but can i get US visa in emergency or somehting for jsut 2 days?>

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:16am

I’m not 100% sure they can give you an interview in Canada (but you should ask them since you are there now). If not, I know they’ll give you an interview from your country (or the closest country to yours).

Application for a US takes a while (depending on where you are from).  Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

When is your interview and where are you from?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:07am
Man These ppl are sooooooooooooooooo God damn disorganized!!!!!!!!!

Can u beleive it? I got my PR application returned!!!!!!!
The letter says they dont accept application as federal skilled worker!!!!!!!! U dumbos I stated right in my application it is under economic class!!!!!!!!! Thes guys are so disorganized!

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 8:08am

thats really sad Immain....call them up!!

yah i am in canada on visitor status now... i am gonna call them and tell them and see if i can get an emergency visa

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Sadofix Sadofix wrote:

Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

Not true, I obtained my first US tourist visa while I was a student in Mexico and I'm not a mexican citizen, however, if you're just visiting Canada, I don't think you'll obtain it.

Immiman,

What is economic class? I'm pretty sure FSW and QSW applications both must mark economic class. They must have not seen your CSQ though. It happened to me TWICE before I could get them to accept PR. If this was the case, write a cover letter explaining your application is for Quebec and let them see your CSQ (put it as the first document of everything). These people don't always bother to see what documents you sent even though they're paid for it.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:25am

thats really sad Immain....call them up!!

yah i am in canada on visitor status now... i am gonna call them and tell them and see if i can get an emergency visa

They dont ever pick up... only way is via e-mail I checked the application processing tiem and it says 11 months of AD!!! No wonder these morons. I checked my application which says Economic class clearly!!!!

The letter says " I applied for FSW and asked me to apply via London embassy" . I have no clue who hired these morons I am driving up there for 3 hrs to get there. I am still in shock , still couldnt figure out how did they find out I applied for FSW

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Zygurn Zygurn wrote:

Besides, you can only apply for a US visa from your country of citizenship. I don’t think you’ll be able to apply from Canada.

Not true, I obtained my first US tourist visa while I was a student in Mexico and I'm not a mexican citizen, however, if you're just visiting Canada, I don't think you'll obtain it.

Immiman,

What is economic class? I'm pretty sure FSW and QSW applications both must mark economic class. They must have not seen your CSQ though. It happened to me TWICE before I could get them to accept PR. If this was the case, write a cover letter explaining your application is for Quebec and let them see your CSQ (put it as the first document of everything). These people don't always bother to see what documents you sent even though they're paid for it.

Thanks Zy, Economic class is for provincial and there is SEPERATE box for FSW! It is is FIRST page and hell how in the world could they miss it is beyond my understanding! I am driving there and HOPEFULLY could meet up with them.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:33pm

[QUOTE=Sadofix]

-------
I know that. You can apply for a US visa as a student from another country because you are kind of a resident when you are a student. But you cant apply as a visitor. I think Ohcanada is a visitor in Canada, that's why I said he cant apply for a US visa from there.

Ohcanada, are you there as a visitor?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:35pm
Sorry Ohcanada for saying "he", I just realized that you could be a "she"

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:43pm

Thanks Zy, Economic class is for provincial and there is SEPERATE box for FSW! It is is FIRST page and hell how in the world could they miss it is beyond my understanding! I am driving there and HOPEFULLY could meet up with them.

Good luck Im. I hope you can talk to then so that they can fix it. Let us know how it goes.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:01pm
I was a worker but then it expired and i said to CIC that i am waiting for PR so instead of renewing work permit they made me a visitor i dont know why?
the letter i received from Buffalo says we are not responsible to get you US visa or insure your re-entry into Canada
the interview is in April 2010 and i have to tell them by next 2 weeks if i can make it or not

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 5:02pm

[QUOTE=Sadofix]

-------
I know that. You can apply for a US visa as a student from another country because you are kind of a resident when you are a student. But you cant apply as a visitor. I think Ohcanada is a visitor in Canada, that's why I said he cant apply for a US visa from there.

Ohcanada, are you there as a visitor?

You mentioned Country of Citizenship, that is an entirely different status hence my clarification.

Ohcanada,
I agree with Sadofix, I don't think they will give you US visitor visa based on your current Canadian status, however, you can request you interview be done elsewhere if you explain in a cover letter the reasons as to why you're not able to assist to your interview in the US. This elsewhere could be in your country of citizenship or residence or where the nearest CIC to either is located. There have been cases where interviews have been rescheduled in another country, but do bear in consideration this may delay your procedures. I do wonder though why is your case being processed in Buffalo, what was your legal status in the US before? I understand you got your CSQ already and this interview is something done by the Federal part of the procedure, do you come from a country where French is an official language? This is the only case where I know you would be waived an interview for CSQ. Unfortunately, I don't have much much details about your case to provide you with more information.

Immiman,

It happened to me twice, I sent application and it was returned stating it should be sent to NS, Sydney even though via email they confirmed they had made a mistake both times, this wasted 6 months on my application of PR and made sure to let them know that at the time. The only thing you can do is resend your documents and make sure your CSQ is the first document they see, that's the only thing that matters cause if they don't bother to look it then expect it may be returned in a later date. Remember that your CSQ only has a year of validity after it was issued, so if it was like my case (half or more than half of CSQ validity lost due to administrative mistakes from their behalf), I suggest you emphasize this fact also.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 6:21pm
lets see what happens guys - got an appointment with US Embassay

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 8:39pm

Thanks for the clarification Zygurn.

Ohcanada, if your appointment for the interview in Buffalo is in April, then you have time to apply for a US visa. So if it is possible you should get the US visa and go on the interview in Buffalo. As Zygurn said,  re-scheduling your interview to another country will delay the process of your application. So the best bet would be to do the interview in Buffalo (if the US agrees to give you a visa from Canada).

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:42am
I drove again 6 hours to apply. The woman who accepted the application mechanically stated "Oh just read the instructions of the reply". I said I didnt apply as FSW . She said" We dont accept FSW applications" . I mean when will these morons learn? I asked if I could meet the immigration department ppl "they refused"

I applied again and this time wrote down a letter. When I got back I got a reply from them stating they MAY have made a mistake. EXCUSE me? How hard is it to know if it's federal or Quebec by just checking the tick mark?

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:48am
Imm, so they are going to fix your problem now right? Great!

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:39am

Hopefully just keeping my fingers crossed. How log did it take you guys to get the PR after sending the application?

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:26am
They will never let you see anyone, I tried that, the most you'll get from them is to accept your application and MAY be state an apology.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:37pm

Hopefully just keeping my fingers crossed. How log did it take you guys to get the PR after sending the application?

I didn't ger my PR yet. I just got my AOR 2/3 weeks ago.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 2:52am

Okay so the US refused to give me a visa from Canada since I am on visitors permit. Now what should i do...apply for a US visa from my home country? i wonder how i will prove ties with my home country

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 3:47am

Okay so the US refused to give me a visa from Canada since I am on visitors permit. Now what should i do...apply for a US visa from my home country? i wonder how i will prove ties with my home country

Option 1: Apply for a visa from your home country and go to the interview in the US

Pro’sà you reduce the chances of your files being lost (or delayed during the process). Hence, you will get your PR faster.

Con'sà As you said, if you have lived away from your country for a long time, it may be difficult for you to prove ties to your country. So getting a US visa might be challenging.

Option 2: Kindly ask the Canadian consulate to re-schedule your appointment to another place (write a letter explaining your case).

Pro’sà you don’t have to go back home. And, you don’t have to worry about the US visa (that it also another process that may take a while depending on where you are from)

Con’sà the transfer of your file may delay the process of your application.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:57pm
In Option2
Can they transfer the file to Canada?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 2:57pm

In Option2
Can they transfer the file to Canada?

I dont see why not but as I have never heard of cases like that, I really dont know.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:57am

Hi all,

I just got an e-mail from the Detroit office (15 minutes ago).

This is what the pdf format they attached states:

Your application for Permanent Resident in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuances (...) please submit your valid passport to the Consulate.

So I guess this is good news. It was very fast!

Here is my timeline again:

PR Application + medical + Police certificate sent to Buffalo: Oct 2, 2009

Application transferred to Detroit: Dec 15, 2009

Right of Permanent Residence Fee sent to Detroit: Dec 29th 2009

PPR: Jan 11, 2010

So what’s next? Does this mean everything is done (no interview??)? How long will it take for me to get my passport back? My e-cas hasn’t changed, is that normal?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 9:40am
Everything is fine. E-cas would change to DECISION MADE but it's never fast enough. It took like a week for my passport to be stamped, but it took like a 20 days more to get it back so 3-4 weeks should be normal.

Posted By: tara
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 10:53am
Congradulation Sadofix...

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 10:57am
congradulation Sadofix

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:12pm
Thank you guys.
 Please, keep us updated about your cases

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:40am
hi Good Morning all. Have a great day.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 12:43pm

. It took like a week for my passport to be stamped, but it took like a 20 days more to get it back so 3-4 weeks should be normal.

Zygurn, are you already in Canada then? Where did you land?

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 2:03pm
Haven't landed yet. I got my passport back in December (Passport stamped on November), planning to land in March at Montreal.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 2:47pm
congrats sadofix.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:15am
Good luck to you Zygurn. I will be going to Montreal as well. Let me know how it goes and how you like it once you're there. 

Thanks Keptis.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:09am
Hey ZY.... do u HAVE to go via mntrela airport or ne can land at toronto then go to montreal by road?

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 5:17pm
The flights I've quoted for myself go straight to Pierre Trudeau Airport (YUL or Montreal's) so I don't have to really check much into what if I went straight to Pearson's (Toronto Airport), but from what I understand, the landing process for CSQ holders has an additional step that can only be done in Quebec.

Technically, you can land anywhere, be it Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, etc. but your process is in two parts, the first one with Canada Immigration and the second with MICC (Ministere d'Integration et Communautes Culturelles) which is the entity that gave you the CSQ. MICC's offices are only located within Quebec.

When you land, you go to Immigration first, then they ask you to go to MICC to "finish" your landing. In case you land outside of Quebec, then you have to convince the Immigration officer of your intent to reside in Quebec since your PR card will only be sent to a Quebec's address. This is easily done by just providing your ticket to Montreal since it's only natural that the airline's hub is in Toronto, but in the circunstances you're providing, it will lie in your part to -convince- the officer of your intention to go to Montreal by land and I honestly don't know what will happen if he's not convinced but technically you can "land" in Toronto and finish your landing in Montreal the way you're proposing. I, however, would advise to have a connection flight to Montreal instead.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 5:31am

When you land in Montreal, what fund do you show? The one that is stated for Quebec Skilled worker (which is around 3000 per person, I think) or the one that is stated for Canadian Immigration as a whole (which is about 10000 per person)?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:12am
That's something I haven't been able to conclusively know myself. I asked around to people more knowledgeable in immigration than myself and I was told is the Quebec fund but said person wasn't entirely sure himself either. The only landing experience I've found concerning a QSW was this one: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/quebec-skilled-workers/377686263/landing-experience-quebec-skilled-worker and he only showed $7000 CND as proof of funds so I'm 70% sure it's the $3000 CND.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 2:06pm

OK. I kind of heard diffrent things from diffrent people. A lot of people told me that it's the Quebec fund that you have to show, but just like you said, nobody is really sure.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 3:23pm

In MCC office, you get useful material both in french and english.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:51pm
Good news guys. My mom said she received mail from Quebec immigration. I am ssure that is my CSQ that has arrived. Now onto the next stage of the process.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 1:24pm
To Keptis: Smile

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 4:15pm

When you land in Montreal, what fund do you show? The one that is stated for Quebec Skilled worker (which is around 3000 per person, I think) or the one that is stated for Canadian Immigration as a whole (which is about 10000 per person)?

So after some further inquiries and digging around the internet, I found someone who specifically gave me the answer for this question. When you apply through Quebec, you sign a contract where you state that you will be able to settle yourself with a certain amount of money. Now we know the minimum for a single person is around $2800, but that's not the minimum you take. In said contract, section B paragraph 1, it specifically asks you for the amount of money you will take with you! The amount you put there is the minimum amount you should have when asked for proof of funds at landing. Hope that ends the confusion.... Now if I could only remember how much I put there =S

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 1:20am

Thank you Zygurn. I had a feeling that was what they will want us to show; but I wasn’t sure. Thanks for clarifying.

I know how much I put on the paper because I have a copy. Didn’t you make copies of everything you sent? Because if you did, you can just check and see how much you put. If you really don’t remember, just make sure you have more funds that what is necessary for your case: the minimum is CAN$2748 (1 adult with no child).

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:30am
I didn't make copies of what I sent but I did sign another contract for the interview in case they asked for it again and I put the minimum for 1 person then and since I'm constant on the way I do things, I'm sure I put the minimum in the one I sent.

I was also told that while you could have put C$5000 in that paper, they don't seem to bother to check how much you put there, i.e. you could bring C$4000 and you would get in still. This person also told me that the immigration officer didn't even bother to look at her CSQ, she pulled it out when asked and when she was about to give it to the officer, the officer said that's ok and didn't take it!

It seems Canadian immigration officer, when it comes to immigrants, tend to err on the side of approval unlike the US officers.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:22am
Zy,

I need some information. Regarding my commom law partner(ex defacto spouse). If I want to look into the possibility of her obtaining a csq, what do you suggest and what information you may know regarding this issue?

other questions
If office is informed, would they reevaluate my application for CSQ?
Or
Because if I knew how many points I had I could guage how many points she needs to be successful if her application is paired to mine.

Or let her apply on her own if when paired to mine, we are both not successful

Is that how it goes?

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 11:55am
It has been about a month, I still havent received any confrmation from embassy. DO u think it's normal?

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 12:18pm
Imm, give them a lil more time. You know how slow they can be sometimes. If in about 2 weeks you dont get anything, maybe you should contact them then.

Keptis, I have NO idea. Sorry. Hope others can help you with that.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 2:39pm
Immiman, that's normal. While process is faster today, when I applied for mine, I heard nothing from them for 3 months (first time my file was returned) then 2 more months (returned 2 time) and 2 more months to get medicals.

Keptis,
When it comes to CSQ, I don't really know for sure but this is what I understand from reading BIQ's website. You have 2 choices:
1. Tell CSQ your spouse will accompany you or that your civil status changed and you wish for her to have her own CSQ. This might make them reassess your points and will probably delay you cause they have to account for her now which might end up making your current CSQ invalid and they will issue a new one for the both of you and until then, you'll be able to do the federal part of the process. In this case, you end up being the main applicant and your spouse needs to meet some additional criteria for your application to pass. The following link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf will show you the point criteria for Quebec. You will need to obtain more than 63 points with your spouse accompanying you to pass, but you can see from the link above, obtaining only 8 points is her responsibility, the others are yours and you already know you have at least 55 points.

2. You can go ahead and declare your spouse as a non-accompanying family member and sponsor her after you become permanent resident but you must fill out some criteria: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/prerequisites.html If you don't declare her now, you won't be able to sponsor her ever, not even if you appeal under family reunification or compassionate human rights grounds.

Ideally, you both should have applied on the same application. My recommendation is the #1 option but it's up to you what you want to do since this will delay you quite a few months but remember, Canada takes miss-representation very seriously.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:19pm

Thks for info. Zy.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 12:29am
Hi guys,
I got my passport back with my visa and my CPR. Everything is in order. It only took 15 days (mailing time included) to send and get the passport back.  

Here is my timeline again (in case you want to see how long the whole process took me):
PR Application + medical + Police certificate sent to Buffalo: Oct 2, 2009
Application transferred to Detroit: Dec 15, 2009
Right of Permanent Residence Fee sent to Detroit: Dec 29th 2009
PPR: Jan 11th 2010
Passport sent to Detroit: Jan 12th 2010
Received passport with visa back: Jan 27th 2010

Thank you all for your help. And I hope you get everything in order SOON.
Please dont hestitate to ask me questions. I'd love to help. Smile

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:34am
Congrats Sadofix. Going to police station today to apply for police certificate of good character.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 8:54am
Zy,

some information to share.

I have already submitted an application for permanent residence, and have just got married. What should I do?
You must inform us immediately, in writing, of your new matrimonial status. If your spouse is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined as part of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. We will send you the forms which your spouse must complete as well as a list of documents required. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. If your spouse is accompanying you to Canada, you will also have to pay the required fees, and obtain a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) to his or her name if your province of destination is Quebec. If you have submitted a Simplified Application, please wait to inform us at the time we request the supporting documents.

So I can either send it my application and we both do medical examination and tell them she is not accompanying me to canada at that time. I am not sure if she can make the 8 points unless she is also entitled to a chance to get 6 points from adaptability. But it does not hurt trying once it does not impact on my opportunity. Can it hurt me zy if I am the main applicant and she cannot make the 8 points?

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 8:58am
Now going through pdf file. The adaptability points is for mysekf and also her when they consider it? Or separate? She has a shot to get the 8 points but have to do very well in the interview.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 9:48am
Quebec with a very slender margin voted for its continuation in the Canadian federation. But how long will the validity remain before it calls for another voting for acquiring a decision  to secession ? The Francophone Quebec is already almost a nation within a nation though. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by keptis keptis wrote:

Zy,

some information to share.

I have already submitted an application for permanent residence, and have just got married. What should I do?
You must inform us immediately, in writing, of your new matrimonial status. If your spouse is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined as part of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. We will send you the forms which your spouse must complete as well as a list of documents required. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. If your spouse is accompanying you to Canada, you will also have to pay the required fees, and obtain a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) to his or her name if your province of destination is Quebec. If you have submitted a Simplified Application, please wait to inform us at the time we request the supporting documents.

So I can either send it my application and we both do medical examination and tell them she is not accompanying me to canada at that time. I am not sure if she can make the 8 points unless she is also entitled to a chance to get 6 points from adaptability. But it does not hurt trying once it does not impact on my opportunity. Can it hurt me zy if I am the main applicant and she cannot make the 8 points?

Adaptability is only for you. If you see the pdf file, everything that's under "CARACTÉRISTIQUES DE L'ÉPOUX OU DU CONJOINT DE FAIT QUI ACCOMPAGNE" is where your spouse gets qualified, so from level of education, she can get up to 3 points, up to 4 more if she has a degree quebecois (more like 0 or 1 is what she can attain unless she's lived in Quebec), up to 3 points in age and up to 6 in french knowledge.

If you declare her, it will impact your application, the pdf file specifically tells you the passing grade of 55 if you apply single and 63 if you apply with spouse, however, you could have passed with 57 or 60 individually so she only has to make up the difference to 63. When I said 8 points, I meant it as the maximum she has to make to pass your application, it's not what she has to make up if you got more than 55 points.

If you don't declare her, she won't ever be able to join you in Canada, but if you declare as a non-accompanying family member, I don't know if she can join you in a later date. I think this is something you have to ask CIC unless another forum member can respond that inquiry convincingly. I honestly think it's better to declare her now cause you will also take an undertaking (a contract) for 3 years where you are bound to financially support her for 3 years (even if you are separated/divorced) if you sponsor her on a later date. To be honest, this is something you should have asked before obtaining the CSQ since you knew that she would become your common-law partner well before finishing the Federal stage.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 2:43pm

Quebec with a very slender margin voted for its continuation in the Canadian federation. But how long will the validity remain before it calls for another voting for acquiring a decision  to secession ? The Francophone Quebec is already almost a nation within a nation though. 

That was in 1995 when the Parti Quebecois was in power. Parti Quebecois is a left-wing separatist political party in Quebec and both referendums (1980s and 1995) where people vote to become a different nation or stay in the Canada federal system were carried out when Parti Quebecois was in power. Currently, the party in power is the Parti Liberal and the next elections are until 2013 unless the Premier decides to dissolve Parliament which is very unlikely, so if Parti Quebecois wins the next Quebec elections in 2013, there may be yet another referendum in at least 2013 but realistically speaking, till maybe 2014. But then again, PQ has to win the elections to begin with.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:00pm
zy,

thks for the heads up.

Posted By: ae03yy
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:01pm
Hi guys, I have some questions that keeps bugging me.

1) I applied for CSQ a week ago, but realised after mailing that my sister misunderstood what she was supposed to do Embarrassed. She certified a copy of the doc that she was supposed to sign before a commissioner (i.e Déclaration d’un membre de la parenté au Québec). Now are they going to mail me a letter asking for the same doc? Or, should I wait to receive an initial contact with AOR and then resend it with the declaration stamped by the commissioner?
2) How long does it take to get the AOR from Montreal if paid with Visa?

Please help, i'm already turning Dead
Thks,
And.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:10am
2nd part of question - about 3 weeks

Posted By: ibad17
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:34am
Can anyone tell me the processing time of Quebec immigration if someone is applying from Pakistan?

Posted By: montreal129
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 1:17pm
Hi
I just realized that my CSQ is not signed. I gave CSQ interview in montreal about 8 months ago. Anybody has idea what could be done to get it signed and how long it could take? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 5:30pm
Montreal129,
Try going to your local immigration centre and see who can help. Or either call the centre d'info or email them to see what they will say.
Also CONGRATS for ur CSQ and goood luck with Fed'l application

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 5:32pm
thks keptis, for the exact info. my CC was charged exactly 3 weeks after they received my application. :) 

Print Page | Close Window