Print Page | Close Window

ARC---compelling reasons 2 return

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7450
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:37am

Topic: ARC---compelling reasons 2 return
Posted By: Rocco
Subject: ARC---compelling reasons 2 return
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 10:07pm
my husband will need an ARC...i have been trying to research as much as i can about it, however it's been difficult...different embassies have diff ways and diff waiting periods... some want a full application with the Fee and a letter.. where others just ask for the payment...as for the time frames... some embassies take a year to process the ARC(mexico) where others take 1-3 months...not sure why that is...in my eyes all ARC's should be treated and processed in the same way and in the same time frame...however for some reason things differ depending on the embassy you are dealing with...in order to be granted the ARC you must convince the officer why you should be granted the ARC...so you're banned from Canada due to a deportation order! now how do you convince the officer... what do you say in order to be granted the ARC...if anyone out there was granted the ARC please share your compelling reasons to return...you have made mistakes, wrong choices now how do you convince the officer to give you the authorization to return...what do you say...why should they allow you back....if you don't convince them and give them the right reasons as to why they should let you back in you will be denied!!!...its just a matter or saying the right things...but how do we know what to say...because in our eyes certain things can seem to be compelling to let us in... but we all know they think differently... they have different views...if anyone could please share i would really appreciate it...

Replies:
Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 9:56am
First off - why was the removal order / deportation issued? 

-------------
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012

Posted By: ProudOne
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:41am

Exclusion or Deportation? Reason? What type of application? Visitor/PR/WP etc?

Removal Costs (did he pay his way)? Was there ever non-compliance? Warrant?

And to answer the specific question on time lines.....
If you have do something 10 times vs 1 time....which will take longer?
Some consulates have a higher volume than others. Some have staffing issues that impact there service times.

Posted By: Alex121
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 12:26pm
Hey I am sponsoring my husband as well had to apply for and ARC,he did write a letter explaining his reasons why he wants and needs to be in canada and the $400 fee payment I think thats it, am not sure because maybe our lawyer filled out some forms am going through the guatemala visa office, my husband is from costa rica and he has to apply for an ARC because he stayed illegal in canada, after he got denied from his application which was for refugee, and until now we dont have any news , they have asked for all the documents arc fee, passport, criminal record, rcmp, finger prints, everything am done, unless they ask for more proof, I know many ppl who have applied for arc and have gotten accepted, it depends on the case, but I will keep you informed if I get good news, which is what we hope for, Good luck to you in this process

-------------
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm
@ Harmonia & Proud one---its for a PR ----failed refugee claimant...no PRRA,,,removal order didn't show up which lead to a warrant and deportation...got busted...held and released, applied for PRRA... denied...deportation order issued and since then complied 100%..bought own ticket and returned to his country...we are just confused as of what to write in the ARC letter, i have read some stories with negative results, so i'm worried that the ARC will get denied because things in his case have not been peachy
@ Alex121...when did you submit all the documents they've requested??? did he have an interview to determine the genuineness of your marriage? is your husbands story similar?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:23pm
I submit these documents in march 2011 and no word from them maybe soon because my husbands medicals are about to expire and no word of an interview yet or if its waived, we have no clue yet my lawyer emailed them and we are waiting on there response, and ya it is similar well my husband applied for refugee and then I believe prra and then got denied and had to leave in 30 days and never did and then we applied outland sponsorship in september and in november we went to the immigration office to give himself in and explain that he was leaving in 2 weeks, and they made him sign some paper work and told him to show up that day, SO I guess our stories are almost the same

-------------
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 12:54am
sounds good...its a PLUS that he turned himself in...looks very good on him...and it seems his interview has been waived so that's another plus 4 you guys...he will be HOME soon =) 

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
ya he did give himself in and that looks good even though he did have a deportation order, and about interview how do u know it has been waived? and yes hopefully soon am just waiting on there response if I have to redo medicals or what,

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 2:18pm
it looks like interview about the genuineness of your marriage has been waived because you said his medicals will expire soon in august so that tells me that his application has been in with them for about a year ( something like that) and usually by this time you would have received an interview request...i was told by my representative that for sure we were going to have an interview because of his immigration history and we haven't had one and its been about a year as well since our application went in( so it looks its been waived for us as well)...they also asked your guy for the ARC payment, passport and all the other documents and no notice of an interview so it looks like they have no doubt about the genuineness of your marriage BUT i was reading somewhere that some embassies have interviews for the ARC... not all but some do from what i was reading so if in the near future if he does receive a notice for an interview i think it will be in regards to the ARC...that's a big if...my friend was going through Brazil and she needed an ARC and all they asked for was the payment, no letter stating why she should be allowed back in, no interview and i have been reading that other embassies ask for forms...letters stating why you should be allowed back in and some actually call you in for an interview to decide whether they should grant the ARC or not...its all complicated and no one really wants to talk about...no one really knows for sure how it works...also from the documents they have requested it looks like they are doing the background checks security checks whatever you call that and once they are done they will issue him his ARC...he will be home soon just wait a little bit longer...please stay in touch i wanna see how long it will take your embassy to issue his ARC =) don't freak out he will get it because he turned himself in that looks really really good on him,,he left voluntarily in a short period of time...my representative advised us to turn himself in and apply like you did but we didn't listen...before this whole ordeal i knew NOTHING about immigration, didn't know how serious the consequences would be but hey you live and you learn..i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys...my friend from Brazil received her ARC at about 6 months waiting so yours is coming SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN =)

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:40pm
oo ok icic well I really hope they see the genuiness in my marriage, and that we dont get an interview, and in september I sent in the app till they recieved it in the vo in guatemala it was october so ya almost a year they have had my application, and for the interview for arc that is new for me but thanks for info at least if that comes up we have an idea, and for costa rica alot of ppl that I met they ask the forms to be filled out, pics, the fee and a letter stating why he/she should return to canada, but ya maybe other visa offices are different or dont ask for soo much, I really hope he does get approved for both sponsorship and arc process am going bonkers thinking negatively but my husbands says dont worry are marriage is real and he have been a long time together plus what more shows that you came to costa rica with me and our son to be together through this process, but still there is always that big "IF", am thinking they are going to ask my hubby to redo his medicals again which are gonna expire august 10 and then issue visa I hear alot of ppl who go through this and when they ask for the 2nd redo medicals about a month or sooner they get called with decision made so maybe we will be next but who knows am just keeping my fingers crossed and ya the average processing times for ARC is about 6 months some sooner some longer, am just praying and keeping my fingers crossed that he will get approved and soon, an dof course all keep u updated with my process as soon as I hear something and good luck to you I hope u guys get approved and soon as well  :))))))))))

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 8:55pm
Hey Alex...how long was the letter stating the reasons why he should be allowed back??? was it a few paragraphs or a few pages??? did he write it an english or spanish? and yes about the re-do of medicals i heard the same thing... the results come in quick 3-4 weeks...i heard that to so that is good news =) and don't stress...if they didn't think your marriage marriage was genuine you would have your appointment for the interview scheduled and you haven't so that is a very positive sign and as for the ARC if he has been of good conduct...no shady history he will get it... think positive its just a process u guys are going through and it will pass...my friend from Brazil she had a bit of a shady past and she got her ARC soo i am sure you guys are fine =)...after 6 months since my friends application started to be processed they send her a notice for her interview...i'm 95% sure you won't have interview to determine whether you guys are a real deal or not...and as for the ARC interview i am not sure how that really works... just some stuff i was reading, not sure whether its true or not...i don't really know how they base their decisions on the ARC...i know that the senior officer ( the one who's in charge of all the officers makes the final decision...the first officer makes a recommendation...then they pass the application to the senior officer i don't remember how they call this officer but its like the boss, then they look at the file, call CBSA for another recommendation and then they decide...now do they have to follow certain guidelines or do they just base their opinion on however they feel like that day??? THAT I DO NOT KNOW...and if i remember correctly you are in Costa Rica now so enjoy, when its time his stuff will come through...sooner or later so enjoy the nice weather... the food... the  beach and your family being together because that's what i'm doing...never thought i would say this but i do miss the snow =) 

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:15pm
Well first of all I didnt know you can write pages until I found this forum and another one, put he did write a page typed in spanish, I dont know if my lawyer translated it or not? but he did write it in spanish and I typed because he cant lol and in the letter he did write all his reasons for returning to canada and that he has 2 loved ones in canada and he needs to be with them and that I wont to go back to school and that I need his support,everything that we plan for future, as well that he loves canada because he considers canada his home now,all those things and  the good thing is that my hubby doesnt have a bad record here in costa rica and the time he was in canada the only crime he committed has staying illegal with me and our son, he couldnt leave us 2 alone plus I was saving money to come to costa rica the 3 of us and pay all the immigration fees and it is hard, so thats why we took some time, but each day I think we are getting closer to the day :D I have been in costa rica already 8 months and as well I never thought I say I miss the snow, lol I miss canada its my first time leaving the country so imagine how I feel here the good thing is that I do speak spanish, and am use to the spanish culture because of my parents :) but ya the sitution here is not soo good so I cant really be enjoying the beach which sucks because here the job employment is not as great as in canada plus I cant work here and what ever job my hubby has we have to live with and its not enough to be spending it on fun :( which I dislike but on a positive note am happy because the most important thing is that we are together as a family =) I have no idea about how they make decisions I heard one or read dont remember that 2 officers do the applications and that one officer is in charge of making the final decision based on what the other officer recomends, or based on the notes or how whatever they do  but dont know if this is true as well I dont know if first they approve the permenant residency part and then the arc so the decision based on permanent resident affects the arc or the opposite way around, or is I get approved permenant residency but arc no, really I am lost dont know how these things work :(

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:41am
lol i am lost 2...i think first they approve the PR and then ARC...if your PR has been approved then i think that will have a positive outlook on your ARC as long as he hasn't been in any trouble...but then i saw in another thread somewhere that they were denied the PR... appealed,,,appeal was allowed.... send the files back to the embassy and were denied again the ARC so yes i am lost as well...my lawyer tells me don't believe everything you read and don't freak out because every case is different...i miss Canada 2...when we go back i will appreciate it more...i won't complain about little things no more....economically its hard here as well, what my hubbie makes in one month i could easily make working in timmies or mcdonalds back home...( no joke)...but then the living expenses are much cheaper here then back home...so even though i miss my family and friends and the job i had and the lifestyle we had i am enjoying this lifestyle here as well...nothing is ever complete...it's hard being in this situation but we are healthy and happy and together and making it all work out somehow and that's all that matters for now...don't worry about something that has not arrived yet..for all you know you are worrying for nothing...that's what i'm trying to do...

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:38am
ya I know I dont believe everthing I read but it is hard to avoid these comments, and ya I dont know how the arc works either maybe every vo has its different procedures and of course when I go back home I am gonna appreciate everything I have because since I had never left canada I didnt know but being here has taught me to be more humble and appreciate what I have in canada, and ya I so get what you mean by the financial situation, am going through that right now myself but the worse is right now that my hubby has no work because we live in farm land soo it is hard to find a job and the city is like 45 min away so imagine and with a child , I feel like the situation is getting harder each time that why I hope we here something soon as well I dont know in mexico but here in costa rica the prices are about the same or more then canada but with wages that you cant do anything besides buy food ur bills and thats it your monthly income is gone, In canada at least I can go eat at mcdonalds here I cant, :( but o well hopefully we will get through this situation asap and approved all the way :)

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:50pm
haha that's kinda funny... i haven't had McDonald's or Burger King in about a year...its way 2 expensive and the sandwiches are so tiny... the drinks and fries so tiny its just not worth buying it...LOL like for a price of one combo you can buy a full chicken instead hahha...and when you buy the chicken the head is still attached... first time i saw it i yelled...i feel the same way you feel but its not as bad..i think there are ppl in worse situations out there living and surviving so i'm still going on..better living like this then being apart...
P.S ---i am not in Mexico that would be being in paradise... i'm in Peru living in Mexico would be like a luxury well depending on where you live i guess...hey you mentioned earlier there is another website similar to this one can you hook me up with the link??? please and thanks and don't feel bad or despair or don't get sad...you have to hit the rock bottom before you can climb up again so things will get really bad but it will all bounce and get better in no time you will see this i promise you...x-mass i cried... lol...hubbies b-day i cried...mothers day i cried...my b-day i cried...every event i cry cuz i miss home...some places we go 2 ppl try to over charge me cuz they think i'm a tourist,,, they think i'm made of money..i have no money...like i can't just go 2 a mall on a shopping spree like back home you go and buy whatever you want with your credit card if u have no money lol...but its really not so bad and you know it 2 =) =) =) so i won't complain yet because there are ppl that have been dealing with their immigration for 3 years or so appealing and stuff so for no i think we are good...where in Canada are you from ...Toronto?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 6:48pm
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php  thats the other forum I go on, and ya, me too I went only once to mcdonalds and I felt like I wasted a whole fortune on that combo lol but its ok when I go back all stuff my face jks lol and ya I thank god that am here with my husband I think if I would have stayed in canada alone with our son I would so be dying alone, and I know that others are going through tougher times :( and ya I cried for xmas and new yrs my son bday so I definetly know what you mean and what your going through and about the chicken thing omg I almost got a heart attack when they were killing it infront of me I had to leave lol WAYYYYYYY different then canada lol and I am from toronto born and raised and my parents are spanish my mom from honduras and my dad ecuador hubby is from costa rica and I living here with him for now lol :) how about you where are u from? hubby?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 2:37am
thanks 4 the link...never came across this site till now...my hubbie is from Peru and that is where we are living right now... I came to Canada from Ukraine when i was 11 and been living in Toronto ever since...lol do you live with your parents in law? and what did your parents and friends say when you told them you were going to Costa Rica ???

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 12:57pm
I lived with my parents in law at the beginning and then 2 months after we moved on our own because to many ppl live there and me and my hubby are use to our privacy but we did live close to visit :) my parents said it was fine even tough they were sad deep down in there hearts but they know I was coming to costa rica with  a good man and my son which are now my family and soem members from my family like aunts and grandma they didnt want me to leave and said what am I gonna do there lol but I know that I was doing the right thing coming here as well my brothers and sisters they are still young and they were crying tell me not to go :( so I was sad and my friends some didnt say anything and some of them are in the same situation as me, lol right now I have one friend here in the same situation so we understand each other and support each other as well lol but soon keeping my fingers crossed all be back in CANADA :D

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:10am
hope you get some GOOD NEWS soon...hubbie will have VISA b4 you know it :D ...GOOD LUCK... and please keep me posted when his passport with his visa and ARC arrives...soon!!! sOON!!! =)

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:12pm
Yes I will definetly keep u updated and yes hopefully soon this process will be over :)

-------------

Posted By: turquoise
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:26pm
Alex121: From what I know if Visa office asked for ARC fee that means you are okay? I had a friend her husbnd got deported, was a failed refugee claimant but didn't leave the country, was caught, had to pay for the plane ticket & bail bond $5,000.00. His ARC was approved & was already working in the company I'm in. 

My husband also needs an ARC. I already appealed our case on the intial PR application because of his inadmissiblity issues. Now, ARC is what I'm worried about since this is a separate application and my husband was a failed refugee claimant, had deportation order, filed PRRA & my hubby paid the plane ticket. I don't want another appeal, it's horrible & costly. Count me in this forum & hopefully we will get the PR soon!   

-------------
VO Processing:03/2010
Denied & Appeal filed:09/2010
Appeal Hearing:04/2011(Won)
VO Re-processing:05/2011
PPR:10/06/2011
Visa Issued:10/13/2011
Landed:10/14/2011

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:40pm
They ask for arc whether its denied or approved thats the thing so right now even though they asked for it its not 100% my husband applied for refugee and got denied and filed prra and he got denied and was asked to leave in 30 days never did and he met me a yr or so later and we started our relationship 2006 and we have a baby as well we wanted to apply but it was soo hard financially so we were trying to save $$$ and then in november 2010 we were ready so he went an gave himself in and left and I left with him as well november 2010 and now we are waiting, they asked for all the documents so I dont know what else they can ask for as well my hubbys medicals are going to expire august 10 and I dont know if there gonna ask for them again or what am soo confused and lost I just want this to be over and I feel your pain in the process of appealing I hope you do get it this time and everyone here going through this ARC process :) ps I know alot of ppl that have gone through arc process and have gotten approved havent heard any negatives yet with the ppl I know hopefully the good vibe will come to us and soon :) keep us updated :)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:40pm
turqoise: i am so sorry you have to go through the same ordeal for the 2nd time...Which embassy are you going through? and have they asked you to pay the ARC fee or not yet? to be honest with you i am very confused with the whole ARC process...i was reading your story on another thread here and it said ur hubbie was involved in something that has happened over 10 years ago that's why he was refused the 1st time...like i said i am confused about the ARC so i don't know anything for sure but i will state my opinions...as for the the ARC i know that deportation is a BAN from Canada....so without the ARC hubbie will be inadmissible...concerning his first inadmissibility..ur appeal was won and the Judge overruled that...so the only factor you're worried about is the ARC now...in the ARC application they ask you whether you have committed any criminal offences in any countries...the answer to that question will look bad on your hubbie....but now you have mentioned his Canadian RCMP is clean... what about the one for his country?...i think the ARC is about the circumstances leading to his removal/exclusion from Canada and the compelling reasons to return...which he does have because he has you his wife...your marriage is genuine and you both have a kid together so that's a compelling reason 2 grant the ARC...as for the ancient thing that has happened 10 years ago i will not lie it does look bad on him...but you won the appeal and the Judge overruled his inadmissibility  so to me that's a positive sign...now as far as the ARC...i have heard stories of people who's hubbies had criminal records in Canada and received their ARC's but its because they received pardons...but then i have a friend who had problems with US immigration as well as was involved in some fraud in Canada...well the ppl she was working with were involved in fraud and since she was there doing whatever they were doing she was involved as well....was never convicted but the whole thing did show up on her background check and it did create problems and longer processing times but at the end she was granted the ARC...i don't know how exactly does the whole thing work...some embassies have interviews for the ARC's where as others just ask hey pay the $400.00 fee and wait...to be honest with you i am freaking out as well cuz my hubbie had a warrant...was caught... held and released on a $5000.000 bond... applied for his PRRA which obviously was negative and then the removal process began... we applied for the PRRA cuz i needed to save some money for 2 plane tickets,,,, i had to pay our consultant for releasing him and pay for our PR application...adding all those things together it did cost us a lot...now i am worried that he will be denied his ARC.... well its a possibility cuz he did have a warrant and was held...so he did not comply with Canadian immigration laws and that is bad... looks bad on him...we haven't been asked to pay the ARC fee yet.... the embassy returned all our pics... letters...wedding cards... receipts for stuff we bought back home and here...they asked for his RCMP we didn't send that in with our application cuz we were told if they embassy wants they will conduct their own RCMP checks... but they did ask us for RCMP and local police checks for Peru the country he's in...so we took care of that and at the same time i asked the lady at the embassy if i can pay his ARC she told me no wait till we advise you to do so...i told her i  heard that in MEXICO it takes a year to process the ARC she laughed and told me no it won't take a year...we process them fast but you have to wait till we ask you for the payment..so i'm guessing!!! they are in the middle of doing his security check and once that goes through they will ask for the ARC fee....i am worried he will get denied the ARC because he had a warrant.... but honestly no one really knows... all embassies have different rules... different time frames and procedures.... SHOULD THEY NOT ALL BE THE SAME??? i don't know but i guess not...i am just confused as you are..so until we get what we are waiting for have a glass of wine or 2 and relax and wait...no one can predict the outcome and worrying yourself about it crazy won't help...so many diff stories with so many diff outcomes... it cannot be predicted...think positive and positive will happen that is my motto...and even if I get denied... i will fight till my last breath 2 have what i deserve 2 have with me back home...and so will you =)... so lets hope for the best and just wait and see what happens...maybe we are worried for nothing....maybe all will go smooth..no one knows...Good luck 2 all of us...never give up no matter how hard you fall... you brush yourself off and try again and again... do not give up...=) soon our time will come....=)

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 2:06pm
ok I have good news the vo from guatemala called me and asked if my hubby can leave before august 10 to canada because his medicals will expire I said no because its too little time and as well we have a 3 yrd old child and dont want to rush things so the lady I will  be sending your husbands passport back with forms so he can do his medicals once this is done hes needs to send passport with the recepit showing he did his medicals and then once we recieve this we will issue the visa :) am so happy I thought this would be longer and thank god we are near the end dont give up rocco and turquiose soon your time will come :D

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 3:30pm
OH MY Goshhhh!!! that is such GREAT news...start packing ladyyy! CONGRATULATIONS =) 

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm

THANK YOU but I still need to go get the meds done plus send them the recepit and passport back so maybe al be leaving costa rica by the end of september :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:35am

Rocco: Thanks a lot!  there are lots of compelling reasons for my husband to come to Canada but in the end it really depends of the immigration officer who will review his file. When he applied for PRRA in Canada, they turned all the positive points into negative even in the reason letter they put that me & my son can live in Hungary & if we don’t want, then there is still a way of communicating like skype & long distance, even his in demand job, they still find excuses to not grant him a visa.  

I really don’t know now based from my past experiences, I cannot really say any positive until my husband will land Canada. Last May 18, they already started to process. June 2011 they respond back to me that they were still doing background verification. I asked CSIS & CSIS respond early July 2011 that they were done & result was sent to Vienna Visa office. A week after that, I saw in my e-cas they already accepted the 2nd medical re-do.

Last week, they emailed & request for an original police clearance because the one submitted in not suficient ( as per their email). When my appeal was allowed last April 2011 We already sent all updated documents, medical redo, police clearance, imm0008, sched 1, new photos. I thought they won’t asked for the police clearance since it was already submitted & the time when they received it, it was still valid. we thought sending the forms in advance than waiting for them to request would be better to lessen processing time & also heard from other visa office that sometimes they ask for a document one at a time.

anyhow, we just decided to send another one. My husband submitted the new Police clearance last week. Up until now, we are again back in waiting game until any news coming from Vienna. The good thing at least it’s moving.  

I don’t also know if my friend’s hubby had a warrant but he was held. I think as long as your police clearance are clear & they believe marriage is genuine then you can get it. I mean probably visa offices know about those refugee claimants history. They come here in Canada to have a better life. My hubby doesn’t qualify for those points system.

Did you apply for a police clearance in Canada with fingerprint when you initially submit the spousal application because if it won’t show there then your husband is cleared. Only CBSA has records of his warrant. As long as he is not charged.

Alex121: Congratulatons Alex! you're almost at the end of the tunnel.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 1:53pm
thanks turquoise and dont worry u will be there soon :) good luck to u to and rocco :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:23pm
turquoise: we did not apply for the RCMP police clearance in Canada...we were told by our representative that if the embassy wants to they will do their own check...they started processing his file August 6, 2010... i haven't heard anything from them until march this year...they returned our pictures, receipts,,,letters and other proofs we have submitted...they asked for his local police checks from Peru ( there was 3 we had 2 do)...and also gave us directions how to obtain the Canadian RCMP check *finger prints*...and told me it could take between 4-6 months to arrive...so when we got everything they asked for i went into the embassy to leave the stuff there... the Canadian RCMP check i was told that RCMP will send it back to the embassy...so in May i went in to check whether they have received the Canadian police clearances they told me no they haven't arrived yet...i asked if i can make the ARC payment and was told no you have to wait till we ask for it but told me to pay the Right of residency fee...so i got my sister back home to pay it for us and send us the receipts...took another month for the fee to show up in their system that it has been paid and received...now our medicals expired in July but i will not be going back to ask anything because when i asked about the ARC i was told NO wait till we ask you 2...so we will just wait
As for your PRRA and the positive points turned into negative that is normal...cuz if they did not do that then they would have reasons to give him his PRRA which NEVER EVER happens...you have the same chance of winning the lottery as getting a positive PRRA...what scares me is that you have been told that you and your son can live in Hungary and if you don't want there is Skype and long distance...honestly if they think its so easy why don't they take their families there and live and see how they will like it...AND AS FAR AS THE LONG DISTANCE AND SKYPE WELL why don't they try and see how that will feel...your child has a human right to have a father present in his or her life...he is Canadian born therefor has the RIGHT to live in Canada...has a right to get the best education and healthcare, it's a privilege he was BORN with!!! so how can any member of our government tell you to move there...it's nice to know that Canada is throwing away their own Citizens telling them so easily to go live somewhere else... IT IS NOT EASY...IT IMPACTS YOU PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY...what did you say to them when you were told to take your son and live in Hungary?
You can't tell immigration you want your hubbie to come to Canada and have a better life... you can NEVER use these words in that way...i was told it looks bad...cuz then you are saying to them / giving them idea that he wants a better life and is trying to enter...sometimes you have to be careful what you say and how you say it...sometimes the right words can make all the difference...and sometimes you are being honest and saying something from your heart but in their eyes it looks or sounds bad..they could be sincere and innocent words but all it takes is just one word for the officer to start thinking or suspecting something...
My hubbies warrant was executed i think that's how they call it...once they catch you or better you turn yourself in the warrant is no longer in effect...its good that things are moving for you they are asking for police checks which means stuff is moving...soon they will ask your for the ARC... but hey at your appeal no one ever mentioned anything about his ARC???
Another things if they ask you for your ARC letter make sure you guys write the letter as best as you can cuz that will be your last chance/ opportunity.... we haven't been asked for ours yet but we are starting to write in point forms what he is going to say when they do ask for the ARC...if you have time start doing it now cuz you don't wanna do it last minute in a rush...because truly in my heart i believe whatever you write in that letter will have an impact on their decision... 2 some point but whatever you write will count and go into the process of decision making =) meh we have 50-50 chance and if we fail...we'll appeal,  what other options will we have? but till then concentrate on whats important, which at this point i think is his ARC letter...

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:31pm
hey with me my husband had a wide warrant, I believe this is what its called and he gave himself in because he almost got caught, as for the rcmp with fingerprints we did them in canada before we gave himself in I dont know if its a must or they randomly ask for it later but my rep said go and do it so that saved us alot of time :) as for the arc letter u need to make sure its good and that it will convince the person who is behind that paper, as for the arc my rep said that whenever they ask for it they will and to never ask them if u can pay for it before, good luck with your process turquoise :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:36pm
Thanks Alex =)...LUCK we need indeed...but like you said eventually our time will come...are you looking at plane ticket prices? yes you still have to re-do the medicals but now you have a peace of mind =)...2 months will fly in no time and finally you guys will be home...timmies...mmmm....omg at SQ1 in Mississauga there is this Middle Eastern Restaurant in the food curt... when we go back i am going straight there with our luggages...lol i told hubbie i am going to gain 20 lbs when i go back...although Peruvian food is really really good i miss my own food....i told my sister she has to pick me up with a bottle of DISARONO the biggest she can buy...then going downtown to eat a polish sausage... then SQ1 for that middle eastern food.. then pizza pizza... and my sis laughed and said by the time we arrive home i will puke my guts out...no way,  PARRRTY TIME ,,,lol...if a Police man ever gives me a driving ticket i will thank him!...lol....4 doing his job...please let me know when you guys will be sending out your medicals =) take care

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:44pm
they are going to send the forms this week so I will get them around the 15th and do my exams and send recepit passport back to them the same day, now how long do I have to wait I dont know ?? I hope its fast as for plane tickets not yet we want my hubby to have his passport in his hand :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:47pm
ARRGGHHH Alex i did ask for the ARC and how long it takes cuz i was reading MEXICO takes up 2 a year the lady laughed and said no it doesn't take a year..but she did tell me FIRMLY NO...we will advise you when to do so....yes the warrant is a Canada wide warrant...so anywhere you go and the police stop you for wutever reason it will show in their system...honestly learning from our mistakes...its better to surrender... to turn yourself in...as for the fingerprints...i don't why our representative told us to wait .... so we waited... application was in and no mention of the RCMP fingerprint check till 8 months later...so i suggest 2 anyone out there send the RCMP at the same time you are sending your application...i asked for the ARC because i have heard stories that the embassy forgot that the person needs an ARC and they issued a visa and once the person landed they were locked up because they did not have the ARC...so i asked just to make sure they do not forget....now i don't know if that story was real or not but i'd rather not take chances...plus i wanted to save time...

Alex: in your letter did you guys talk about his removal and how it all came to be? did you have to explain why you entered Canada? i am not sure how long does the letter have to be like one page or three pages or ???

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 7:50pm
no we didnt write that just my hubby wrote in spanish why he needed to come to canada like the reasons and wrote one page typed but I heard you can write more I just didnt know that, do u know how long after redoing exams it takes for them to get the results ???

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 8:25pm
from what i have been reading and trust me i have been reading LOTS cuz i have a lot of spare time since i don't work...i would say 3-4 weeks...most 6 weeks but 3-4 weeks is more appropriate...if i can guess, my guess is 2 months and you will be home...could you please tell me what kinda instructions they gave you in regards to the ARC...did they give you any specific instructions or just pay the fee and write a letter... did they tell you what you have mention in that letter?...because once again from reading stuff i hear they ask to write about why you applied for refugee...why did you not leave... why did you enter Canada...and compelling reasons 2 return...but once again it's just all stuff i read.... i don't know whether its true or not...i told you i was told not to believe everything i read or i will drive myself crazy...i still can't help it ... i wanna know everything its just how i am....and if i can't find the answer i will search and search and search till i find something...you should just call some travel agencies or visit them in person if you are able to because sometimes 2 weeks in time difference could save you lots of money...like 600-1000 bucks

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:26pm
well I have read the same especially from the vo am dealing with they say it takes about 3-4 weeks so am guessing by the end of september all be on a plane lol well I hope :) as for the letter my rep told me to write it well my hubby in spanish and jsut said write from your heart why u want to return to canada and thats it put I dont know if they asked the rep for it or if she just asked as do it to send them to them as for the arc she said before u leave pay me it so when they ask for it I will buy the money order and send it off when they request it am like ok fine but like I said I dont know if its a procedure my rep follows are they ask for that letter or she just asks us to do it in case they ask her for it, so in that I cant help u :( but if u want right as much and explain in details why he over stayed thats he knows he did wrong that he has a family in canada that he loves canada that his life is in canada, all thos reasons plus more if u have because I dont know you guys personal life lol but ya all that can help as for me my hubby wrote that I want to go back to school and that I cant because he needs to support me and be with our baby together ps I thought they wouldnt accept me because am young am only 21 yrs old lol but thank god they believe in the guineness of our marriage :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:57pm
yes we know what he will write...basically just speaking the truth from his heart saying and acknowledging he did wrong... he knows his mistakes and the consequences and the hardships we had to go through because of those bad decisions that were made...i hope they find it in their hearts to forgive and grant the ARC..i am 120% sure his PR will be approved i just know but to be honest with you i am anxious about the ARC...but at the same time i have a feeling he will get approved because that is the right thing 2 do...in the universal law...  but then at the same time there is always a chance they could say NO...WOw you are so young,,, going through whatever you are going through...such lessons 2 be learning at such an early age...i'm 30 and its all overwhelming for me but it all is an experience with lessons 2 learn...and since you are almost done you have learned all you needed to learn...i truly wish you and your hubbie all the best...i hope you guys can start your new life together from scratch and i hope GOD blesses your little family...i hope your relationship will be stronger then ever after all that you guys had to go through...never forget what you had to fight for and what it took for you guys to have it all...you are on your way home with your little family... how old is your hubbie? mines 38 =)

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:52pm
YA thats about it what u need to write in the letter but ya for being 21 I am mature and especially since I had my son and all I want is for us to be togehter as a family and dont worry u will get arc and if u dont u know u last the battle but not the war :) I really hope u do get accepted and arc granted and that u guys maybe together and soon forever in canada and start ur life asap :) and ya we really hope to go to canada soon so we can start our lives and get everything settled as for my hubby he just turned 29 on wednesday and on friday 5 yrs of knowing each other like first time we met when the whole love story started :) but he look really young lol like my age :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:35pm
lol i am 30 and immature...21 is so young, if i think about it the experiences you have been through made you more mature and you have a son so that definitively makes u mature ..so that would make you more mature then me =)...my hubbie is 38 but he looks like hes 31...thinks as a 21 year old so that would make him more immature then the both of us...i am hoping for the best but at the same time i am prepared for the worst so that way i won't get disappointed....when you guys send ur med's in lemme know so i can find out whether the 3-4 week thing is a fact or a myth =)...our med's expired july 12 but i don't want to bother the embassy..we will just wait...keep in touch and please share your info...i'm curious to find out whether what i have been reading IN regards to the med's is truth or just BS .... =)

I also hope turquoise get's asked to pay her ARC soon...she turned in her police checks so the ARC request should be coming in soon!!!!...and as for you girl you are on your way home...SO NO WORRIES =) =) =)

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 11:20am
ya well I guess being a young mom and wife make me mature lol but ya the same with me I try not to believe everything I read or else all go bonkers lol even though many time I have, but dont worry they will probally ask for redo medicals and passport and then once they recieve this issue a visa but they are probally still looking through your case but dont worry your time will come as well as for turquoise :) ps, am still worried until I dont get the passport with visa in my hand lol but at least its near :))

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:27pm
hmm...if i was you i wouldn't worry anymore...they did call you and asked if he can fly before august 10th...so that means they are ready to give him his visa...=)...as for us i think we have another 6-8 months to go...i am thinking since they asked for the RCMP and other police checks they are doing some security check and once that is done i have a feeling they will send in the redo medicals and ARC fee and hopefully passport...i have my time set on 6-8 months but who knows it could be way before that.... no one really knows the time frame ,,, its something you can not predict exactly... but when you told me your story i knew yours was coming soon... cuz they asked for all the documents at once including the ARC payment...and its been 5 months since you have handed that in and from what i have been reading takes about 6 months for the ARC...some come faster but 6 months looks like is the maximum unless you are dealing with MEXICO and there it takes longer ( guess they have lots of ARC applications to go through)...so we handed in the police checks march ( then i'm assuming the security check takes about 6-8 months..so from march to October is 8 months...i am guessing in October or some time before October they will ask to pay the ARC...then from October 4-6 months for the ARC..so Feb - March we should have the results...lol that's just my assumption lol i could be way offf  =)...its so tricky to figure this all out...i hope we get it before but i will set my mind according to my assumptions so i don't get disappointed...if it comes before fantastic ...yea i am wondering when they will ask turquoise to pay the ARC fee and her letter...i think soon...

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 9:15pm
Ya I know what u mean rocco but my hubby wont be fine until he sees the passport with the visa stamped am like just relax if it was a no then why would they make u  leave by wednesday, soo just relax, lol as for ur case dont think negative ur case will be fast just have some faith, as for turquoise I hope they ask for arc soon and letter :) come dont give up :)

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 1:53am
lol i am trying to be positive...but you know deep down in your mind there is always that doubt...tell your hubbie to chill out...he is fine...he sure will feel 100% better once he has his passport with his visa in it THAT'S UNDERSTANDABLE... THEN IT WILL BE TIME TO CELEBRATE =)... HEY HOW did you send your passport to the embassy DHL? 

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:58pm

Rocco: You are so funny! That is what we are planning too with my hubby! Tim Hortons. My hubby (when he was still in Canada) after his work he have to drive in at Tim Hortons to buy double2x. We also dined in the Vietnamese restaurant before for their Pho beef soup. Oh, I miss that one. I don’t know I no longer go to the same restaurant we ate before. It breaks my heart to think maybe instead of eating I will end up crying there. Before he often complainsabout his job,etc... but now he realize his life is better in Canada compared to Hungary. I also appreciate the things that I don’t appreciate what my husband did before like mowing the lawn, I mean really but now that I am the one cutting the grass, I now appreciate what he did.

Regarding ARC, I already sent my letter & fee to them but my, I should have done it better. What I wrote was just the fact of his history. Also, you were right. Too much honesty sometimes gets us in trouble. I should not put that here in the forum might get me in trouble.

We applied the RCMP police clearance with fingerprints just a week before my hubby left from Canada that’s why I am assure he’s cleared. After, we didn’t submit a new one for this anymore.

My hubby is 40 I’m 35. We’re old sometimes we teased each other. Our son’s is still 4 yo.

Alex121: that’s the good thing about having a child at early age. You can enjoy them while you’re knees are still strong. Rocco was right, you are approve! Those are only finishing touches. Does your embassy accept pick-up visa? I know in some european visa offices, they accept that you come in the morning, drop off your passport then in the afternoon you can pick up your passport with visa.

I haven’t paid the right of PR fee yet. Maybe I will soon so in case my hubby gets approve he can go to Vienna & pick up his passport with visa then no need to go home back to Hungary he will fly from Vienna to Toronto that night. Oh well, I’m dreaming again.  

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 7:37pm
turquoise: when did they ask you for the FEE and the letter???  as for the honesty at this point that would be your best policy...well i know after everything that happened at this point your only choice is to be honest, sincere and sorry...its not the honesty that gets you in trouble its the way you say or explain certain things...my hubbie will write his letter in spanish so he can express / explain himself better...hmm you wrote his letter? i thought he has to write the ARC letter? ya i think you should pay the landing fee now 2 save some time... did you have a lawyer present at your appeal hearing? 

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:02am

Rocco: they didn't. our lawyer just told us to do so after appeal was allowed. We also saw in his CAIPS note that ARC needed. He wrote his letter but it's just about how he came to canada & how we wanted to be together as family. my lawyer was present at the appeal hearing.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 4:07pm

Rocco- I sent the passport by the mail post in costa rica just paid a special envelope so it can get there like in a week and safe, but this time am going to send it via dhl or ups, and My hubby is ok and he cant chill out until passport is in his hand but he gets ir we are near the end and that what counts and as well they did say yes so arc was granted :D

Turquoise, ya it is kinda nice having a kid young but as well it is hard because I want to go to school and I should have finished by I got pregnant when I was 18 and now have aa 3yr old child so I really didnt get to do anything like school wise plus I didnt want to leave him soo young at daycare or babysitters but know that he will go to jk Kindergarden soon then all go back plus all have all the support from my husband because alone I couldnt :) I wish I can go in and stamp it and leave next day but I dont think I can and as well we are in costa rica and the embassy in charge is Guatemala so we really dont have time or money to be travelling so we rather wait a bit and, Its ok if u dream but soon U will wake up and your dream will actually be playing in your life just be patient and relax look how far u guys have gone a lil more wont hurt just watch soon u will get pr :) Just have faith

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:38pm
yes ladies step by step we are getting there....

Alex: it is going to feel so good to land or having your hubbie land...i think i will jump out of my skin before we even land... =) 

Turquoise: you are next to share GOOD news with us =) ...right after they finish their security checks whatever they call it, you will get PPR... my prediction is 1- 2 or 3 months... =)

Posted By: senorita
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:24am
I just submit the ARC application to Buffalo for my husband. Does anybody have idea about the processing time in Buffalo? Many thanks. 

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 12:12am
Alex121: I understand. you have a point too but soon you will be together as family in Canada & speaking from someone who came from a third world country, there are a lots of opportunities that Canada offers to immigrants so wish you the best & good luck!
Rocco: I'm a worrier. Now, I'm even more worried about his ARC. I cannot afford a lawyer anymore if this ARC will turn out negative. I read other forums about having their ARC refuse. It's just there are good & bad things about reading forums. good: makes you prepare bad: reality that worst do happen. I wish your day will come soon too! any updates about your case, please let us know.
Senorita: I'm sorry no idea about buffalo. did they ask you to submit/pay the ARC or you just submitted it on your own?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:00am
senorita:...i am not sure how long it could take...it's really hard to say...every embassy is diff and works in different time frames...i would say 2-6 months but that's just an estimated guess...i really don't know,  i have been reading and hearing so many different things...

turquoise: worrying isn't going to make anything better...things will happen as they are suppose to happen...trust me i worry as well...everyone going through this process worries...but look at Alex121 ,,,she was worried and now their ARC got approved =) ...HAVE FAITH cuz at this moment that is the only thing we have left...and without faith we have nothing...you have to be strong...every case is different, you can not compare or you will drive yourself BANANAS... =)

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:42am

Rocco: Thanks for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate you & Alex121. :) I'll try my best not to worry too much....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
Our lawyer suggested we submit the ARC application as soon as possible and before Buffalo asked us  to do so. Right now I am applying for permanent residence under CEC class and my husband is my dependent. There might be a decision about CEC at the end of September. In order to save time we submit the ARC before they ask us. 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:10am

My lawyer also submitted our ARC before they requested it. Is the ARC for you or for your husband?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:42am
for my husband. He is now in our home country. I am in Canada. 

Posted By: hina
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:53pm
hello guys im new to this forum so i have alot of question lol
can i apply for ARC for my husband he is not in canada?

-------------
APPEAL FAILED APRIL 7
RECVICE APPEAL RECORD JUNE 12

Posted By: launched
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 11:14pm
Hi ladies, I have been sitting here reading your posts, crying and laughing. I am so happy for you Alex, but I cannot help crying. My husband is a failed refugee claimant. He was given a deportation order but failed to show up. He was caught, and we paid for his trip back home. Then I moved to Venezuela with him. We tried to live here but we are both fed up we applied in 2009 and are still waiting almost 2 years later. We sent the ARC with the PR application but I am so afraid to inquire. They requested medicals in june this year. I want to go home. I want my husband to come with me. I am at my wit's end. Sorry I just needed to vent...

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:01am
Launched...Hi...don't get discouraged and don't cry...2 years is a long time but you guys are almost there...they asked to redo your medicals and ur ARC is in...shouldn't take long... maybe a few months...if i was you i would inquire...( depending on when the ARC was submitted)...write an email saying you are wondering if the medicals have been received as you are worried and then inquire about the ARC...i think soon you will get your PPR...=)...Your time will come soon...lol we gotta be strong to complete our mission...

Hey can you tell me when you guys submitted you ARC??? if its like over 4 months i would so inquire..is your case taking so long because of the ARC??? you think? 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:28pm
We submitted the ARC with the origina PR application. Yes, thats a good idea to inquire about them receiving the medicals.

Thanks for your kind words. I like the idea of completing the mission :)

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 5:26pm
yeah inquire whether the medicals are been received or not and in the same letter ask about the ARC...did your payment for ARC go through??? did you pay the Right of residency fee? the fact that they asked to redo medical's i think its a good sign...i think if they wanted to deny they would already have done so...who knows you could be getting PPR in a few days or weeks =)

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:33pm
From your mouth to God's ears. I already paid for everything. I have heard that not paying could delay the visa stamp. So I did it from the getgo. :)

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:53pm
hey launched...do you communicate with the embassy often...like inquiring about something..or have you been sitting quiet waiting for their requests? did you guys hire someone to help you with the whole application? does your hubby have a common name? did he ever serve in military service there?

Posted By: Jojo12
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off

question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

We received your application to sponsor  on January 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011.

they asked for the RPRF fee in May and i payed that and haven't heard anything since 
 i sent n my medical and police report @ the beginning of application can anyone tell me what is the next step and if i can go back b4  October

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by Jojo12 Jojo12 wrote:

<div ="msg">
   i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years
applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they
gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am
American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011. they asked for the RPRF fee in May and i payed that and haven't heard anything since   i
sent n my medical and police report @ the beginning of application can
anyone tell me what is the next step and if i can go back b4  October

No, you don't require an ARC.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 7:41pm
i think i need to speak with my lawyer bcaz they are making me do the authorization application to send in with my sponsorship and that 400 can be saved

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 2:41am
hey...if it was a normal removal you don't need the ARC...but yours you said was a conditional one,,,i am not sure but from what you are saying it seems you had a 1 year ban/exclusion...12 months has to pass before you are able to enter again,,,i have heard of stories when ppl wanted to enter before their time passed they were asked to apply for the ARC...maybe that's why they are asking you for ARC???if you wait the 12 months time you wont need it...

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 1:48pm
Hi

Originally posted by Rocco Rocco wrote:

hey...if it was a normal removal you don't need the ARC...but yours you said was a conditional one,,,i am not sure but from what you are saying it seems you had a 1 year ban/exclusion...12 months has to pass before you are able to enter again,,,i have heard of stories when ppl wanted to enter before their time passed they were asked to apply for the ARC...maybe that's why they are asking you for ARC???if you wait the 12 months time you wont need it...

1. OP claimed refugee status was refused. He was issued a conditional departure order, which turns into a deportation order if he didn't leave within the 30 days after the decision.
2. The OP claims he left within the 30 days. The only reason I can see that he would require an ARC is if he didn't report to CBSA at the Port of Entry when he left. If he didn't report and have his departure confirmed, then it turned into a deportation order and he would require an ARC.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Jojo12

i am currently being sponsored  i was living in Canada for 11 years 
applied for refugee got denied an left withing the 30 days times they 
gave me (was not deported) had a conditional removal order  bcaz i am 
American they drove to to buffalo and dropped me off question 1 do i need to apply for an arc to go back b4 the 12 months 

PMM...i don't know...if it was a normal removal why did they drive to buffalo to drop him off? if they drove with him i am assuming his departure was confirmed...( i am not sure about that cuz my husband left from the airport, he had to enter this room and there they gave him his certificate of departure)...and what does the going back b4 the 12 months mean? is there a difference between a conditional removal or a regular removal? 

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:56am
Hello everyone I have an updated as you all know the immigration office called me on august 5 to ask me if my husband can leave by the 10th I said no because it was to much of a rush, so they said thats fine he needs to redo his medicals we will prepare them and send them in this months correspondence and it will be leaving our office august 19 am like ok fine and we called the embassy here on monday afternoon the packaged arrived but nothung under my husbands name I was soo upset and still am as well as  my husband why did they lie at least they could have called or emailed me to see what was going on but I emailed them on monday and until today no answer I really hope they can reply soon cuz am going crazy here,so ya that my story with immigration now waiting again :(

-------------

Posted By: ProudOne
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 12:58pm

Refugee Claim = Departure Order (Voluntary Departure and Confirmation received)

If the CBSA drove you to the border then it was most likely a Deportation Order and therefore requires ARC & Repayment of removal costs.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
To find out if you owe any money you can order your CAIP notes. My husband was deported back to Buffalo thru Niagara Falls (he had an american visa) and he needs an ARC and owes no money for the deportation. If they drove you, you have been deported even if it was a voluntary departure. Sorry. :(

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 5:43pm
Alex121...hii...you will receive the medical redo soon...i know they said they would send it out by the 19th,,, probably got a little delayed...maybe it took them a while to prepare your hubby's package...hopefully next week or in 2 it will arrive =) ...hang in there...

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:18pm
Thanks rocco I know what u mean but still its a delay and I feel like I will never get home :( I hope I get some news even if I have to pay for a courier envelope I dont mind but hopefully they will reply 2morrow or lastest wednesday

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:50pm
lol never say never...you ARE going home...SOON,,,if they don't reply by the end of this week email them again...i know it's a delay...deep in your heart and mind you know you are going home...think positive please...you will attract positive things and you will feel better...you know you guys GOT This...concentrate on your son and your husband, on you as well...spend time with his family because soon you guys will leave and he won't see them for a while and they won't be able to watch your child grow....enjoy the time you've got with your son and hubbie...because once you go back it wont be rainbows and butterflies...your baby will probably have to go to school or pre-school...hubbie will work... you will go to school or work...life is going to change...you'll have responsibilities which you don't have right now at this moment...LOL the cold sh*tty weather won't help...you guys will have to buy a car,,,find a place to live...buy furniture...find school for little one...maybe no job for one of you guys...not enough time...email the embassy if you don't hear anything by the end of this week...and then forget about all this immigration stuff... and focus on what you've got today...share your time with the people you are around with...take a break...and when you do that you papers will come...look at costa rica...smell the air...look at the sky....because i know our dreams are to go home....but once you get home within a few months you will say damnnn i wish i was in Costa Rica...you know you got this? why you wanna give yourself wrinkles and grey hair...??? be happy.... your ARC got approved...your baby is growing and is healthy...your husband is by your side...1-2-3 weeks you will get the medicals..I PROMISE...but do email them if you hear nothing  by the end of this week :)...

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:56pm
Thank you for your words rocco they made me feel so much better cuz I did feel like crap lol but your words made me realize its true once I get to canada nothing is going to be pretty cuz I do need to start from 0 so at least I can enjoy this time :) with my family, I really hope I hear something this week if I dont I will definetly email them again or fax them , and thank you again for ur kind words its always nice to hear from someone eles that you got this its just a matter of some time and being patient, I really hope your hubby gets ARC too then we need to celebrate together in canada :D

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 8:37pm
yayy..listen i understand how you feel...but i want you to understand that worrying about something that is out of your control is not going to help...it will come and you know it's coming....patience,,,you can pull a few months more i know you can....i'm eager to go home...i do feel like crap at times...but you have to appreciate the positive things you've got going in life right now...when you go home you will be chased with other challenges as you are faced with challenges  now...just different kinds of challenges....nothing is ever complete....you are so strong, so young yet dealing with all the things you are dealing with...i know you are dealing with ALOT!!!....when you go home yes things are going to be pretty...but with school and you and your hubbie working you won't have the time you have right now....use that short period of time you've got...feeling sad or anxious is not the way to go...explain to your husband so when he lands he is prepared that this time it is going to be a little bit different...i think for now the 3 of you should breath and relax....you know for 189% you are going...you've got to make yourself strong!...for your family you've got...and being sad or anxious won't help...you have waited so long...1 or 2 or even 3 months more wont hurt...use that 1 or 2 or 3 months of you being there with your family because you know when you come home time will be a valuable thing....i know you wanna go tomorrow if you could...but really nothing is really so bad... because 10 years from now on you will look at your situation and you will laugh..you will be filled with memories....your baby is growing up there..for the first years of his or hers lives...you went there... you have lived and survived... my sister could not survive more then 3 months of being here...because living in a 3rd world country is so different.... but you at your young age with a little child went... and you have survived...and you have no idea how strong that makes you..the things you have sacrificed or your little family...not everyone can do what you did and support it all.... stand proud and be sure...don't lose your faith because of some little incident....i really hope you hear something by the end of this week...if not by the end of sept...your cake is baking in the oven...you have to wait until it comes out...but you know you will get what you are waiting for....the grass in not always greener on the other side...spend the FREE time you have now with your little family...good things are coming your way...=)....i can guarantee you will be home for X-mas

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:00pm
awww thanks I really hope all be home for christmas because my sister is pregnant an am soo excited shes due in january so am really hoping I will be home by then which I pray to God that all be home way before that :) and yes I am going to listen to u and enjoy whatever is left cuz I know when I return things are going to change and I wont have soo much time on my hand as I do now and I understand being sad or worried wont get me anywher, I know sometimes I wonder how have I lasted soo long being young and coming here with our son but at the end its a sacrifice for my family which is all worth it even though it is tuff and i know in years to come we will laugh and say remember when we were so anxcious to come to canada lol it sounds soo funny but it is true lol I really appreciate ur kind words and thoughts and thankyou for making me feel proud of myself :D

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:01pm
awww..when you start to feel bad don't forget my words =) i know its natural to feel crappy sometimes but we all have to try to look at our cases with positive eyes if not we can go nuts during this process and that won't be fun  :)

Posted By: morenikim
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Rocco Rocco wrote:

yayy..listen i understand how you feel...but i want you to understand that worrying about something that is out of your control is not going to help...it will come and you know it's coming....patience,,,you can pull a few months more i know you can....i'm eager to go home...i do feel like crap at times...but you have to appreciate the positive things you've got going in life right now...when you go home you will be chased with other challenges as you are faced with challenges  now...just different kinds of challenges....nothing is ever complete....you are so strong, so young yet dealing with all the things you are dealing with...i know you are dealing with ALOT!!!....when you go home yes things are going to be pretty...but with school and you and your hubbie working you won't have the time you have right now....use that short period of time you've got...feeling sad or anxious is not the way to go...explain to your husband so when he lands he is prepared that this time it is going to be a little bit different...i think for now the 3 of you should breath and relax....you know for 189% you are going...you've got to make yourself strong!...for your family you've got...and being sad or anxious won't help...you have waited so long...1 or 2 or even 3 months more wont hurt...use that 1 or 2 or 3 months of you being there with your family because you know when you come home time will be a valuable thing....i know you wanna go tomorrow if you could...but really nothing is really so bad... because 10 years from now on you will look at your situation and you will laugh..you will be filled with memories....your baby is growing up there..for the first years of his or hers lives...you went there... you have lived and survived... my sister could not survive more then 3 months of being here...because living in a 3rd world country is so different.... but you at your young age with a little child went... and you have survived...and you have no idea how strong that makes you..the things you have sacrificed or your little family...not everyone can do what you did and support it all.... stand proud and be sure...don't lose your faith because of some little incident....i really hope you hear something by the end of this week...if not by the end of sept...your cake is baking in the oven...you have to wait until it comes out...but you know you will get what you are waiting for....the grass in not always greener on the other side...spend the FREE time you have now with your little family...good things are coming your way...=)....i can guarantee you will be home for X-mas

Oh Rocco....i 'LIKE' your comments.......u gave me a new perspective also. Thank!

-------------
MY motto is: If canada immigration can not tear you apart..nothing else can!

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 4:08am
Rocco: that's a great message you had for Alex121!Tongue thumbs up!

Alex121: that's right. When you will be coming here in Canada, it's going to be faster pace, busy, busy, busy. find a place, look for a job, etc. so savour the moment you have now. though you will be coming later than what the immigration officer promised you but at least we know that you and your family will get here soon. you were already approved, its just a matter of finalizing everything. Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
Ya definetely rocco that was a great message to cheer me up :D
Turquoise: yes definetely when I get back to canada my really life is gonna start with finding a job as well as my husband but hes lucky he already has a job actaully a couple off offerings soo thats a start :) but I know what u guys here in the forum mean to enjoy wats left cuz once we land we are going to be busy busy lol and immigration said they need to have medical exams in the system once they have that they will review everything and then make a decision, But I know God loves me and immigration believes in the geniuness of my marriage that the decision will be a yes but even if we take a bit longer I know all be home, even if its another month and a half, and like you said yourself its just a matter of finalizing everything :)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 4:51pm
Hello everyone
I have an update, well immigration called us today and my husband attented the phone and they asked him if they can send his medical forms and passport via DHL and he said yes of course lol, she said they will be here 2morrow or latest Monday depends on how DHL works, as well we need to pick it up at the main office and pay for this service, ( its not a problem, just letting u guys know :) )anyways if everything goes well monday morning my husband will be doing his medical exams. Thank God everything is turning out well :) thank u guys for all the support I know u guys are next :D

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 5:04pm
Alex,

Tell your husband to call the designated medical practicioner and make an appointment right away. When we had to do ours, we had to wait a week to get the appointment. I hope he can do this quickly and get the process done soon. :)

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 5:27pm
launched
Thanks I know what you mean but we dont want to risk it and make an appt if we dont have the medical forms yet, so we rather wait till monday if I get something the latest Tuesday, but my friend went a while back and she got it the same day no problem there are 2 doctors on site, so maybe will be lucky, Cuz I wouldnt want to wait for a week, hopefully everything goes well :)

-------------

Posted By: KLDX
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:29pm
Hi Alex121,

I am at similar stage as you, waiting for decision of ARC. I just noticed my PR application status was changed to "Decision Made" at e-Cas, however I didn't receive any CIC letter recently and my medical exam was expired. It seems not a good sign according to some readings.

Your case looks positive. May I ask what is your current status at e-Cas?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 9:10pm
HEY KLDX
on ecas it says application received since the first time I opened ecas and since then till now nothing has changed am thinking that maybe when they have a decision it will change and that also depends on which vo is in charge of ur application

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:15pm
thanks Alex121 for your quick reply.

It seems your status is healthier than mine. I will check it out what exactly it is.

I read a case that DM first, then ME later. But most of posts say it's nagetive sign.

My case is 2-yrs ban and I left Canada 1.5 yrs ago. So, not so worry, if I fail this time, I probably will re-apply and ARC should not be required.

thanks again and good luck!

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:47am

We sent you a letter on February 16, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011.

We started processing application on September 1, 2011.

and they asked me for my RPRF Since May And It Has Been Paid Should I be looking forward to some good news??

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:21pm
Alex121: i am glad your medicals are on the move...you guys are getting closer and closer =)

KLDX: i don't want to be the bearer of bad news...and i am not an expert...but :( since they didn't ask for your medicals redo and they are expired as of today i'm afraid it could mean bad news....which embassy are you going through and do you remember the date medicals expired...did you have any interviews? i hope i am wrong and all the stuff we have been reading is wrong and you get a positive letter with GOOD news... =)...and if worse come to worse you will just have to fix it

Jojo12: if they started processing your application on Sept 1, 2011...then it is just at the beginning of processing....they just started last week...how weird they received it on Feb 24,,,and then 6 months later started to process it...you should be getting good news but it's going to take a while...Jojo when do your medicals expire? 

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:45pm
no clue i did it in november of 2010

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 6:37pm
why would they have asked for the  RPRF In May if they did start working on it

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 3:38pm
i don't know Jojo12...there is a difference between RECEIVING and STARTING 2 PROCESS...now why did they ask for Right of Residency Fee in May when they started to PROCESS Sept 1, 2011 i have no idea...its weird like i mentioned earlier that it took them 7 months to start processing...now was your application just laying there for the past 7 months....or was someone looking through it / working on it and they forgot to update on E-cas or send you AOR...really after reading so many posts i have realized that anything is possible, different applications are process within different timeliness and apparently different procedures seem to be followed at different embassies lol...i don't know if its the ppl working at the embassies or the ppl posting who are at fault or if this is just the way it all works...don't worry 2 much...who knows you could be getting a PPR before your medicals expire sometime in November or you could be waiting for months to go...no one here knows or is able to predict exactly...trust me looking and reading and looking and looking is not going to help...its only going to make you feel worse You don't even know what you are looking for as of yet)...right now there seem to be no problems with your application,,,nothing requested,,,everything will come through...from reading i have learned that no application is forever going...after 6 months or 1, 2 or 3 or 5 years there will be an end...i haven't heard of forever going application...i used to freak out,,i would read then feel good...then i would read something negative and i'd panic and think stupid things...then i would read something positive and i'd feel better again...then something else would scare me so i'd read and freak out again...you paid the Right of Residency Fee...they are not asking for ARC...everything is good for now...if they ask you to redo your medicals you will redo your medicals...you will wait a few months longer and eventually you will be on your way home...if not you will appeal and wait years and you will be on your way home...i know it's hard being away from the person you love,,,i know you are ready to go back...have FAITH...some ppl will say its NAIVE to think like that...but if you don't have faith and patience you will suffer tremendously throughout this process

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 9:46pm

hello everyone

Well I have an update, so friday september 2nd immigration contacted me if they can send all of my husbands medical forms via DHL and he said yes of course, so monday sept 5th the package arrived and we did all the exams but we didnt get an appt for the doctor until tuesday afternoon as soon as we finished with the doctor we sent everything right over to immigration again, they asked us for passport, medical examination and a prepaid airway bill (dhl courier bill) to sent right away so we did and they recieved it this morning, I am hoping my husband will get his passport with visa soon :) now we have to patiently wait but at least we are at the end, who ever is reading this and is going through a tough time I know what u feel like, but remeber at the end of every dark tunnel there is a light, so dont give up ur time will come :)

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 11:46am
Good News Alex121! Do you know where are you going to land? I'm living somewhere York Region in Ontario & it pretty feels like autmn now so prepare yourself for the cold season. Nevertheless, as long as your family is with you, doesn't matter it's cold outside, your family will keep you warm.  Wish you all the best! Happy Landing Soon!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:39pm
Thanks Turquoise, we will be landing at pearson airport and we live in toronto, well thats are plan, and ya I feel bad going in the cold for my husband hes planning on working in the same as he was before which was construcion but it will be very cold for him to work so I feel bad but he doesnt care at least I can land together with my family and we can be together thats the most important part :) Hopefully we will get called or emailed soon, that passport is making its way :) and I wish u the best in ur process as well for those others waiting,

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:22pm
Hi Alex121: My husband worked in construction too. he used to be a drywall installer & he's still a member of a local union. I'm also working in a construction company but in their accounting. I understand, everytime my husband comes home he was always dusty & felt sorry to him especially winter time. he also have to wake up very early. what's your husband's trade?  

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 11:51am

Hi Turquoise he works in framing like actaully building the house from scrap, and he was never enrollef in the union cuz he was illegal so he was scared to do so, but now when we go to canada we will definetly, and ya everytime my husband would come soo tired and hungry lol, but he would come all dusty full of shredded wood and in winter its worse cuz of the snow lol and yes defenitly early and would come home late as well, but all that doesnt matter now all we want is to be together :)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 8:44am
Hi everyone,

Well I have an update.... unfortunately the news is not good as Alex121.

Re: Rocco - The emabassy is Beijing. They had no doubt on my marriage, therefore the interview was waived.
----
I just got a letter from CIC. Saying that because of inadmissibility, therefore he/she is not satisfied with my case. If I want to go back within 2 years, ARC is required, blah, blah blah.....

I am really confused if this officer knew i have submitted ARC application? But they didn't mention the result of ARC.

I submitted ARC via Email and they confirmed it's OK.
---

Anyway, I will follow up with them.

In case, it didn't work out, I may prefer to re-apply instead of appeal because it seems faster.

Any thoughts, my dear friends?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 11:31am
Hi KLDX what is your time line like? Do you have a lawyer? I'd consult a lawyer. For you to re-apply you should have fixed the issue for which you were denied in this case inadmissibility. (may I ask what your spouse is innadmissible for?) Once you have fixed that, then you can go ahead and re-apply. But I would consult a lawyer. I hope everything works out for you.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:01am
KLDX: that sucks...i'm sorry about the bad news...you mentioned you send the ARC via email...how did you pay the ARC fee??? is the ARC what makes you inadmissible or do you have other stuff going on...are you sure your ARC payment was received and cashed? are you sure they didn't forget to process your ARC? do you have receipt copies of the payment? what da ***Beep*** happened to your ARC???  does is say in your refusal letter why you are inadmissible? can you tell me how you left Canada? do you mind sharing why the 2 year ban? if your inadmissibility is based on the 2 year ban...then wait till the 2 years pass and apply again...BUT if you have other things going on in your case that make you inadmissible i would consult with someone that knows about the immigration laws...how long was your ARC letter? half a page? a full page? 4 pages??? what if they forgot to process your ARC lol ??? i know it's not funny and APPROPRIATE at this time but hey at this time in this process anything is possible...the decision has been made...you can''t reverse that...does your refusal letter just say your inadmissible  or does it state the reasons for your inadmissibility? well at least your marriage seems to satisfy the VO that's something positive...

Alex121...he he U will be landing when its cold... :) i'm glad your story has a positive outcome...start packing soon :)

Print Page | Close Window