Print Page | Close Window

Vancouver CIC

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=577
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:15am

Topic: Vancouver CIC
Posted By: pali
Subject: Vancouver CIC
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:32pm
Hi Guys, I had my inland sponsorship application transferred to Vancouver Admission Office on Nov 26/09. Following is my timeline:

Application Rcv'd in Vegreville: May 29/09
Started processing: June 12/09
Transferred to Vancouver CIC: Nov 26/09

I've been waiting a long time but so far received no mail or phonecall from CIC. Found update only on Ecas. Any body else stuck in the same boat??

Replies:
Posted By: babyboy
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:43pm
I believe it takes 6 MOnths for Vancouver local office to complete your file. You're lucky coz ur in Vancouver. Local office there process it faster than the local offices here in Ontario (which takes 24 months or more)

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 7:12pm
Thx babyboy... I've already waited 7 mth's & thought of waiting another 5 mth's quite depressing but i guess it is a lot better than waiting 24 mth's (that is scary).

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:57pm
Indeed..

What happend to my file was

I submitted the application Feb 2008
File got transferred to a local office on august 2008
Just Got my Permanent resident status last December 17, 2009

And lots of people whose file got transferred to local office are still waiting..

some of them have been waiting since 2006 .. and till now theyre not PR yet.

So you're lucky youre in VAncouver!

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by babyboy babyboy wrote:

Indeed.. What happend to my file wasI submitted the application Feb 2008File got transferred to a local office on august 2008Just Got my Permanent resident status last December 17, 2009And lots of people whose file got transferred to local office are still waiting..some of them have been waiting since 2006 .. and till now theyre not PR yet.So you're lucky youre in VAncouver!

Hi,

Just wondering what happened to your US visa application. You mentioned before that your appointment was December.Were you able to get one? Thanks.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:58am
I cancelled the appointment. I will apply for my US visa once i get my PR card.

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by pali pali wrote:

Hi Guys, I had my inland sponsorship application transferred to Vancouver Admission Office on Nov 26/09. Following is my timeline:

Application Rcv'd in Vegreville: May 29/09
Started processing: June 12/09
Transferred to Vancouver CIC: Nov 26/09

I've been waiting a long time but so far received no mail or phonecall from CIC. Found update only on Ecas. Any body else stuck in the same boat??
Hi Babyboy.  Actually, you should have been expecting to wait at least this long - just for starters - with an inland application.  You applied in May - according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res - the inland processing timeline , they're only just now starting to assess inland aps received through June 22, 2009.  So your timeline up until your ap was transferred, was perfectly normal - the "Started processing" date of June 12th only meant that that was when they first opened your application package, made sure everything was signed, dated and included, and logged it in.  Then it sits in a que until the IO can make the first assessment - which, for you, happened in November . . . right on schedule.

How long it will take from here - now that it's been transferred to Vancouver - depends on why it was transferred.  It's way too early for this to be the transfer that happens in preparation for the landing interview . . . typically an inland ap isn't transferred this early unless there's a problem.   Did they notify you that you have first stage approval and invite you to apply for a work permit?  If not, there's a problem with your ap and it's now sitting in another que, waiting for an IO who will handle whatever the "problem" is.  One of the most common reasons that a local office (rather than Vegreville) would be asked to process an ap would be that Vegreville saw need for an interview to verify the "genuine nature" of the relationship.  It could also be something as serious as an arrest in your (assuming you're the applicant) background that they need to assess to determine whether it makes you inadmissible, or something as simple as you not having valid temporary status in Canada.  You should http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes - order your FOSS notes , to see why the application was transferred, and your sponsor can call the CIC Call Centre and ask about the processing timeline for aps transferred to Vancouver.  That will give you an idea of how much longer you have to wait before Vancouver will start to assess your application.    

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 9:23am
Thx Robsluv, I had overstayed in canada and currently out of status. That is likely why my file was transferred to Vancouver. What worries me is that vegreville sent a letter out on Nov 26 but neither my lawyer or me received anything. How do i order FOSS from vegreville? Also, your timeline shows your application was refused. Why did they refuse it?

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:02pm
Isn't there anyone else here whose got their file stuck at Vancouver CIC Office? If you are, then please share your experience... I feel like i am the only one :(

Posted By: EgyCan
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:06pm
At least you are with your family in Canada... be happy

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:28pm
True

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 5:45pm
I am happy for that...... but this wait is unbearable. Cry

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 11:01am
common...... isn't there anyone here whose got their file at vancouver cic??

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 12:14am
wait continues......... alone. Everyone else is moving, progressing while i am just waiting, decaying. When will my turn come? When will i stop being invisible? When will i reap the fruits of my labour rather than others? When will my work have my name instead of others?

Posted By: bp
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:22pm
My file is also sitting in vancouver and no words on anything yet

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:24pm
pali have you received anything else yet also did you send your medical and criminal checks with your application

Posted By: elly1901
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:23am
Hi folks
Here is one more fellow stuck in Vancouver CIC!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We received your application for permanent residence on May 19, 2009.

We started processing your application on June 3, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on January 19, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We transferred your application to the Vancouver Admissions office on January 28, 2010. The Vancouver Admissions office may contact you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like my case is one of those 'bad cases'...

I suspect they might be questioning if the relationship is genuine, because they already asked us to provide more information on that. We are legally married but I think the wedding,honeymoon and our lifestyle were kinda too casual to persuade immigration officers... Anyway even after we sent proof of joint account, copy of rent contraction and so on, they just transferred it to local office...

Is there anything else that I could do other than ordering FOSS?

Do you think it's too early to order FOSS?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:34pm
bp - i sent my medical but not my criminal. I don't think that was part of the package.
elly1901 - you are pretty much the same timeline as me. I had sent a lot of proof and they didn't ask for anything but still transferred the file. I didn't order FOSS.... maybe i should. I think you should too as you only stand to gain something.

By the way, I am so glad finally find you guys. It helps to talk with ppl in same situation as you. Like i posted earlier, my filed was transferred on Nov 26/09 but my lawyer and i didn't get any letter from CIC. so i called their helpline and they said a letter was mailed on nov 26. Now i've written a letter to vegreville requesting the letter be remailed. Do you guys know the general timeline with vancouver cic?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:36pm
hi bp, can you pls share your application timeline?

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:35am
My file was transferred in nov also but and said local office will contact you but i have not received anything yet. So my application says In process. Im not sure how to order foss and what that is so i have not done that. please keep me updated if you receive anything.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 12:40am
Hi Pali Have you heard or do you know how long it takes for the vancouver office to process the application? So confused.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 1:26pm

hi bp, i haven't heard anything yet... i called the call centre and they told me to call them back if i haven't heard anything by june !!

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 12:50pm
Any news guys??

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 3:15am
No news yet and how about you? It's taking forever

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 4:09pm
no news here either.. Did you ever seek FOSS records? When did you 1st send in your application to Vegreville?

I've been waiting over a year now and my life's been in limbo since then.. i can't work, drive - nothing.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:21am
Originally posted by pali pali wrote:

no news here either.. Did you ever seek FOSS records? When did you 1st send in your application to Vegreville?

I've been waiting over a year now and my life's been in limbo since then.. i can't work, drive - nothing.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:24am
I sent it in June and I didn't order my foss order but i think i should. Pali how long have you been out of status for? and did you order your foss?

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:06pm
Hey Pali , I found out that you can order foss notes only if your application was refused. so i'm little confused .

Posted By: RAIMY DHALIWAL
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:17pm
hi pali
this is raimy
here my time line is
application sent sep 14th 2009.
received sep 21st 2009.
processing started oct.27 2009.
application transfer vancouver office dec 1st 2009.
now i m waiting any response.

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:40pm
i m very very worried abt my case.pls advise me if anybody knows.

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:35pm
BP, You can order FOSS notes even if your application was transferred.. but i haven't ordered mine either.  

Hi Raimy, Welcome to our exclusive forum for lost souls at vancouver cic. You file was transferred in a month, that is really quick as mine had taken 6 mth's. What is ur current status?

Date Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:21pm
my file is in process
i have been called call centre the agent said u can call us july 5th.
i dont know why?
if i call them( in call centre) again and again r they disturb?r they keep any record ?
r they irriteate?pls tell me if u know? i calls them every week.

Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:02pm
call centre told me to call them in june but i call them about twice a month. They may keep record of your calls but frequent calling can't have any adverse effect on your file. Call centre agents have no real access to your file, they see update only when file officer updates it.

Posted By: Siouxie
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:33pm
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes - http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes   gives instructions on how to obtain your Foss notes (or Caips).

-------------
This is only my opinion... CIC are a law unto themselves

Date Posted: 18 May 2010 at 2:21am
Raimy_ we are all worried but you are very lucky cuz your file got transeferd really fast mine took like 6 months but i don't know if that is good or

Posted By: aliendoc
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:38pm
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Its a pity we have to meet in such a forum but I believe it will be turned around for good. My file got transferred to local office and I dont even know if I should expect any letter. But it seems that those of us from developing countries and continuosly been plaqued by such mishaps. My world feels feels like a pile of ash now, because waiting the last couple of months felt like hell fire.

-------------
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010

Posted By: aliendoc
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:43pm
There is a general forum for those whose file have been transferred to local office "FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE" your contributions will be appreciated.

-------------
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010

Posted By: raman
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:28pm

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:51pm
hi pali
Did u receive any letter yet.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:52pm
any news guys?

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:11am
hi raman, no news yet. I plan on visiting them as its been over 6 mths now.

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 5:42pm
I had written letter to Vancouver office and got a reply recently. It basicaly says my file "is in inventory awaiting assignment to an officer".... whereas call centre people had told me that they are currently processing background checks & had in the past told me that an officer has been assigned !!
don't know who to believe....... but either way wait continues.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 4:02pm
hi pali
when was u witten a letter.i called them last monday the aent said you can call us lat week of june.there is no assigned any officer.so,i m very worried abt this.What i can do now?
when u get any response pls.update on this site.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 12:17am
hi pali
when u sent a letter.when u got response.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 1:25pm
i faxed letter on May 14 & they sent letter dated May 19 back. I can't believe its been over 6 mths and file is still sitting in inventory waiting assignment to an officer. I am thinking of ordering FOSS notes. What is your timeline & current status raman?

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:53pm

My file was transfered dec 1st at vancouver office.6 months are over now.i don't know what i can do now?i m in tension.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:20pm
what is your status in canada? for example student visa etc...

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:37pm
on work permit.i have work permit till 2012.

Posted By: iva
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 12:17am

We got a letter from Vegreville that our application is transfered to Vancouver (in Nov.2009),but nothing about the first stage of approval...Still waiting for an interview. I also applied for a work permit and hoped to get it after the first stage...nothing yet. Been waiting SO LONG!!

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:51am
Hi Iva, You seem to be in the same time boat as me. You should contact the call centre & see if they've any updates for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Rcv'd in Vegreville: May/09
Started processing: June/09
Transferred to Vancouver CIC: Nov/09

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 12:41pm
Thanks Pali for your advice, I'll call them again. We were visiting Vancouver Imm. Office twice,but no news. As it passed already more than six months, we are planning to go and ask for the information from IO,or leave our phone number. Maybe they call us(!!??).Don't have any more ideas...Unhappy hmmm
Anyway, I have to force myself to smileSmile and go to make a cheese pie...Sending an IO some nice thoughts, put on a happy song and sing and dance...Xexe,already feel better...

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:37pm
any news guys? iva when u r file transfered to vancouver office.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:48pm
Vegreville transfered our app. in Nov.26, 2009.Nothing since than.Confused

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:50pm
Raman, do you know the phone num. from Vancouver Office, I'm trying to reach 604-666-2171, but it's not in service....

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:04pm
yes this no.is not working.we can send only fax there.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 12:21am
have either of you guys considered requesting FOSS records or submitting more evidence of genuine relationship?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:03am
Hi Pali can you tell me where you would mail more evidence about the relationship. Vancouver cic is taking so long

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 12:08pm
You mail it to Vancouver CIC. I don't have their address at hand but they are in downtown. You can drop it off in person also.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:35am
i call them friday.call centre agent said u can call us middle of july now we r waiting for any officer to
assign your file.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 2:15am
Thanks pali.
Iva did you do a spousal application? seems like we are all in the same boat.

Posted By: regina
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 3:24pm
Hello!

I'm glad not to be the only one in the same situation. I sent my app. on August 21 2009. In April 2010 my representative received a letter saying my app. was transferred to Vancouver CIC.  I tried to see my E-CAS but I can't. I called several times to the call centre number but is always bussy.
I wanna know if you have your client ID or your e-cas activated.
I know how it feels to wait for so long and read everyone else get their PR in just 6 months.
If someone here has another phone number to contact them please post it, I will appreciate it.
THanks and let us know if anyone gets good knews!!!

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 10:45pm
Bp, sorry for answering late.I decided not to think about the problem,like it's going to disappeare...My husband sponsored me,but I was always working before,and feel like I'm retired now(bad feeling,indeed)Can't move anywhere,like in a prison,volunteering,but have enough of it. How are you all surviving this???Confused

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:36am
Any news anyone? Please update if you guys hear anything from the cic.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:38am
Iva did you send your medical record and criminal record with your application?

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 5:52pm
Hi Regina, The letter you representative received in Apr/10 should contain your client id number.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 11:00pm
BP, I sent only criminal record,but the doctor told me he'll send medical record officially, directly to CIC.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:42pm
any news guys?i called thursday the agent said 2 officers are assigned for your file.i dont know why they have no any time limit.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 1:12am
Originally posted by raman raman wrote:

any news guys?i called thursday the agent said 2 officers are assigned for your file.i dont know why they have no any time limit.
2 officers??

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 1:27pm
hi pali
yes,he said 2 officers.i think those 2 officers are very very lazy.thats why they takes more and more time.i m going into depression becoz i cant long long wait.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 1:29pm

every time call centre agent give me different answers.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 3:55pm
pali is there any update in your file.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 3:54am
no... nothing so far. I am going to submit more photos in next few weeks. This wait is really tormenting.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:32pm
 pali i have sent lots of pics so many tmes.but they dont listen us.i m very dipressed.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 12:19am
don't lose heart raman.. our time will come.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 3:16pm
when will come.i m very very sad.why they stuck us?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 5:42pm
hi pali,
is there any update? i called today the agent said the officer doesnt make any decision abt.
your file.pali when did you call them and what they saying?

Posted By: zarmeena
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 5:43pm
hello every body,
thanks to whomever created this forum. i am a canadian PR and want to sponsor my parents and siblings from Afg. wanted to ask from any body who knows about sponsoring ones parents and siblings. i went to the checklist forms, but i am confused as to which forms should be sent for the approval to CIC-M. other than sponsorship undertaking, financial evaluation etc do other forms like their criminal checks etc are also sent or thats the 2nd step, once the sponsorship is approved and I am informed of it that than those forms needs to be filled?
please name those forms specifically from the checklist that should be sent on the 1st round.
also will i recieve a letter from CIC-M that they recieved my application of sponsorship or not?
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks!

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 5:49pm

any news guys?

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:32am
no news!!! seems liks this is taking forever to process.
Pali- did you get any news from the call centre or anything? The process is moving so slow.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:52pm
hi pali bp is ther any news pls.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 1:25am
hi pali is there any news?

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:52pm
hi bp any update?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:33am
No Raman nothing so far, waiting still and you?

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:55pm
hey guys, sorry for late reply. I've been busy as my wife is preagnant and been making a lot of visits to doctors lately. Anyways i've got a good news. I received a letter finally from Vancouver CIC and we are called in for an interview.

We both are feeling nervous... my wife more so. It's an odd mix of excitement and nervousness. Has anyone been through these interviews? what are they like? what should we take with us?

Hi raman, bp. any news guys?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:49am
balle...........o............balle.......hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....
congratulations pali..........................party ho gai......

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:58am
when u got  this good news..........when will your interview.i know u will be pass. 
oh my god pali u r boy.but i was thinking u r girl.............so funny.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:59am
bp when u will get any good news pls. update.

Posted By: regina
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:04pm
OMG Pali I'm so happy for you, I've been reading all your post guys since I got stuck in the same boat.

I got with me just the letter saying my file was transferred to vancouver cic and I could see my client id and log in to my ecas.

I'm very happy to hear someone just got a response, I wish you good luck and the best and please let us know how was the interview!

Congratulations.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 1:45am

hi pali

what is u r interview date pls.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 1:46am
hi bp
is there any update

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 2:47pm
pali pls.tell us when was u r interview.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 2:58am
Hi Pali, I am so happy for you and wish you all the best for your interview and also congrats to you and your wife. Please let us know how your interview went. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to hear some good news!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:19am
pali pls.tell us how was u r interview.

Posted By: sami55
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 6:25pm
does anyone know the time it takes in ottawa local office please

Posted By: EnglishMuffin
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:27pm
A question that begs itself, although you might not want to hear this...but is it Vancouver CIC that is going to be processing the 490 Tamil migrant cases for the refugees that arrived on Friday?

I just ask, because a friend of mine who went through the Vancouver office in 1999 experienced long delays in his case when a boatload of Asian migrants arrived and had to be processed ahead of him

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:52pm
Hi

Originally posted by EnglishMuffin EnglishMuffin wrote:

A question that begs itself, although you might not want to hear this...but is it Vancouver CIC that is going to be processing the 490 Tamil migrant cases for the refugees that arrived on Friday?

I just ask, because a friend of mine who went through the Vancouver office in 1999 experienced long delays in his case when a boatload of Asian migrants arrived and had to be processed ahead of him

No, the Vancouver CBSA will be processing them, Immigration enforcement was moved from CIC to CBSA a few years ago.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 12:08am

pali pls.tell me how was your interview.i m waiting and daily checking response.i have so much stress

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 12:09am
hi eva and b.p. is there any news?pls

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 2:07am
sorry raman, i think my interview went well but i won't know for sure till Vcr CIC writes me their decision. I am checking my mail everday but no news so far. R

Raman, i know this is stressfull but hang in there. I am sure ur turn will come soon.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 1:51pm

hi pali

when did they sent u interview latter and when was u r interview?how long your interview was

Print Page | Close Window