Print Page | Close Window

want to re-enter canada

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Comments or Suggestions
Forum Description: Give us your comments or suggestions on the site or the forum.
Printed Date: 23 Sep 2020 at 11:17pm

Topic: want to re-enter canada
Posted By: arif2362
Subject: want to re-enter canada
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 10:43am
hey everybody
       i came to canada as a international student and studied there for a year. Due to financial condition i have came to USA illegally crossing the border, so basically i m still in canada but illegally.
      i came to realize how important it is to be legal in this countries. is there any way that i can adjust my status or pay fine or any other option where i can become legal in canada. Please help somebody, looking for right information. thank you.

Posted By: EmeraldTaylor
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:58am
There was a news story about a year ago where a young lady ran into this issue with the Canadian work visa [Or it might have been an extended stay in Canada]. She was arrested in the U.S and deported (from memory) for overstaying her VWP after she re-entered the U.S on her way back home to Australia.

I couldn't find the news story though. Anyone else recall it?

Print Page | Close Window