Print Page | Close Window

How long for AINP? (NEW PAGE)

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:23am

Topic: How long for AINP? (NEW PAGE)
Posted By: edo-san
Subject: How long for AINP? (NEW PAGE)
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:56am
This Thread is the Continuation of the "LOCKED" discussion in the link below:

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38952&whichpage=79 - http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38952&whichpage=79  

Let us continue the sharing here....

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Edo-San

Replies:
Posted By: jayem
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:32am
tanx edo-san for re-linking our thread!!!

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:54am
Hi jayem,

Good to hear from you. I couldt understand why the discussion was locked!!! But all is good now! Welcome!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Edo-San

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:02am
Originally posted by edo-san edo-san wrote:

Hi jayem,

Good to hear from you. I couldt understand why the discussion was locked!!! But all is good now! Welcome!

i think they are upgrading their system. as we can see, we have a new layout and all threads are new.

Posted By: floxs
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:13am
tnxs God...we're back!!!

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:13pm
Hi guys,

Just an update, I was able to send my passport already. Courier said that the estimated delivery date is Wednesday, December 2, 2009. I was hoping that it will be delivered today but I didn't make it to the cut-off of the courier.

Anyways, I hope to be able to notify the rest of the guys in the "discussion" page to migrate to this page and get the ball rolling again.

That's it for now.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: Junj
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:58pm
Hi Edo-San,
     Thank you for your info in regards to our new forum. Just arrived from a week vacation in Baguio.  Just trying to acclimatized myself to the winter weather in Canada.  hahaha!!
     To that question about sponsor deposit, I guess, once the sponsor is approved and the candidate already got his nomination, the sponsor could already use the money for whatever purpose he might need. The sponsor side is already finished.  It's now the candidate side, to submit the requirements to the Canadian Embassy in Manila.
     Just some unsolicited advice.  If you are thinking of resigning from your present job, to reside permanently in Canada, ask for an INDEFINITE LEAVE, from your work.  The GRASS is not always GREENER on the other side.
Junj

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:44am
HI Junj,

Welcome back! I hope you are defrosting well.
I actually did not submit any proof of funds in the CIC-Manila since I am under the PNP Family Steam.
My main concern before was the actual proof of funds at the time of Landing which I was able to cover already by actually bringing some actual cash and the rest will be evidence of money in the bank which I can easily access through the magic of wire-transfer Tongue . 

At this point, all my activities will be dependent on when the CIC sends back my passport.

I have actually factored that fact in the entire immigration plans. I do enjoy a very, very high profile job here in Manila so it will be a major adjustment on my end. My plan is to actually think that there is no option to go back (even if there is and I can even get a higher post in Manila) so that I will be motivated. I know that I may not get the same work as I use to have, i am at peace with that fact already.

On my end, my premise is that the present side is already green... :)

I appreciate the advice very much.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: tgchi13
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:56am
edo-san, on what basis are you applying for PM status if you don't mind my asking

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:44am
Tgchi13,

Im applying for a PR under AINP Family Stream. :)

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:24am
I read that earlier edo-san, I just don't know what that means...

Posted By: sandee
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:17am
Hi edo,

i have no idea why the site that we're using has been blicked . . . thanks for this link, at least we can continue here.  now that you have submitted your passport, we will have an idea on how long will it take for the cic to send it back.  my sis-in-law will get her new passport on the 9th and she will courier it the same day to cic.

Posted By: uzizero
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:25pm
in our case we are still waiting for the final assessment we already have our file number and hopefully we make it to the CIC Clap
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by sandee sandee wrote:

Hi edo,

i have no idea why the site that we're using has been blicked . . . thanks for this link, at least we can continue here.  now that you have submitted your passport, we will have an idea on how long will it take for the cic to send it back.  my sis-in-law will get her new passport on the 9th and she will courier it the same day to cic.

hi sandee,

the site is still there but i think they just revised the forum layout, renewed their databases(maybe it's already full) and to give us a better forum site.

good luck to your sis-in-law and you for your new stage.

jayem

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
Hi Tgchi13,

Its kinda a long story if you are not familiar with the subject. Let me try:

The AINP Family Scheme ...

It is a type of Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). 
It is regulated by the respective provinces in Canada, in this case Alberta.
After a long process and documentation the province may approve you as a provincial nominee and it entitles you to apply for a PR status.
Then  you move to the CIC application process where you follow the Provincial Nominee immigration process.
You pay the fees, take a medical, submit further documentation etc. 
Hopefully, get approved and land as an immigrant in Canada.

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

I read that earlier edo-san, I just don't know what that means...

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:16pm
Hi Sandee,

Nice to hear from you Sandee. Its great that your sis in law was able to process her new passport already. Im sure that when she gets it, she'll send it straight to the CIC-Manila. 

Officially, my passport was received by the Embassy on Dec. 1, 2009. Thanks to the miracle of Track and Trace. LOL

Hi edo,

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:20pm
So, edo-san, you are telling me this is a longer process that regular immigration?

If that is true, my heart aches for you. Even if this is not in regard to a spouse/common-law/conjugal/same-*** partner I can empathize with trying to make a better life for your loved ones. I'm sorry this is so difficult for legitimate PR applicants and I wish those who buy into Canada would understand the irreparable damage they do by being selfish.

If you need anything or think I can at all help please do let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to try to explain. I hope I understood your message.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:02pm
Tgchi13,

The AINP process is a bit longer than it used to be. Regulations that covered it were changed. (1-3 years) My Nomination as a PN was approved by the AINP using the old process. (within a year)
On the CIC process, the processing period averages from 6 months to 1 year.

Compared to independent immigration, the CIC process for PNPs, in my humble opinion, is a lot faster. The premise of course is that you are already a PN.

Being a person still within the process, the waiting is exceptionally hard for everyone. We all  appreciate your emphaty. In this Forum, we try our best to support each other by sharing our experience and guide others who are similarly situated. If there is any help that we need from you, it will be any information you can share with us and of course, your valuable time reading this thread.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:16pm
Sir, if there is any information you want from me pleas ask. I'm not the most knowledgeable here but if you believe I may have information to offer that you believe would relevant please just ask.   If I miss something, it is not out of disregard. Please ask if you have an inkling that I may be able to help. Please.

Posted By: patience101
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:23am
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.. I didn't see that coming. I was a lost sheep for a while there, took me a while to find this hahaha.

Anyways I am back in the loop and I am so happy!!Clap Keep the happy news coming guys, all the best to all the PPR December people...

On my end, little sis submitted ROLF today. We are officially in the waiting game for our very own PPR...

May God continue to bless us all...

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:23am
Hi Patience.....

Im so happy you found us again...Welcome.

Best of luck on the waiting...

Thank you for the update!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: patience101
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:59am

Hi Patience.....

Im so happy you found us again...Welcome.

Best of luck on the waiting...

Thank you for the update!

Hi Edo!

IKR? I am so glad as well! LOL

I sure hope you got yourself some cool
Korean winter getups when you went there!

All the best to you mate!

-------------
How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees.
William Shakespeare

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:22am
Hi Patience,

Actually I bought a lot of winter clothes during my Christmas and New Year  in London last Christmas. I accumulated a lot during my 1 month holiday. LOLhe he he, but then again, shopping for new ones will be a great too... It so nice to just think/dream about it.... oh well back to reality! Big smile

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: tahsan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:43am
thanx edo-san ,Im so happy you found us again. Im waiting for my nomination, i got file no. on june and send additional documents reqiured , pls pray for me, thanx again

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:47am
Hi Tahsan,

Welcome back friend. Thanks for the update. We are all praying for each other.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:06am
Hi Patience,

I just noticed today that you're from Calgary.  We're on the same City, maybe we bump into each other at the malls.  Where in Calgary?

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:44pm
Hi Sandee & Patience,

You are both in Calgary? My target/dream company to work at is there!!!!!
Its called the TSX Venture ExchangeCalgary Office - 10th Floor, 300 - 5 Avenue SW Calgary, AB
T2P 3C4 Canada.

I hope to try it out there if i get the chance.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:20pm
you sure can try your luck here edo-sanThumbs Up

Posted By: bengay
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:10pm

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:16am
Hi Bengay,

Best of luck to you and your family. I do suggest that you take this time to read from this forum and the old discussion page (see 1st post) and other immigration forums as well. Also, the official CIC regulation covering your case should be the basic foundation you should have in order to fully appreciate the "how to's" both here and other forums.

Keep up the faith, this is a great opportunity for you and your family.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:39am

Dear Manila pips,

I was just wondering if anyone came across any information regarding the DHL Fee that is charged when the Canadian Embassy returns applicant documents and passport with visa and COPR.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: a_laine
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
YAHOO!!! Finally I was able to log in! Nice to know all things are moving favorably to the applicants. Congrats to all!

Posted By: prixit
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:42pm
Hi all,thanks edo for starting a new thread, my time lines are sent file on sept 12 2008,recived file number in april,recived a letter from ainp on 15 sept regarding asking for additional docs,i also reacived the ;etter along regarding asking for the permission to give them the concent for giving my case to the third party within 15 days....sent all the docs on 17 nov .....can anybody tell me how long it will take now to get the nomination...and how long the third pary will take to review my case

-------------
Application sent sep 12 08
File number recvived apr 09
Additional docs requested sep09
Nomination recived 26 march 10
File sent to local consulate in india 1/May/10

Posted By: Isherwood
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:30pm
Hey Edo-san!Tongue

A big hey also to Jayem and the rest of the AINP forumnites.

Edo-san , your last post regarding telling yourself that you are not coming back struck a chord in me. I'm still asking myself if this is really what I want.  Its so much more comfortable  living in Manila with friends, connections, relatives, the household help di ba? But like you I have braced myself for whatever kind of life awaits on that snowy prairie across the pacific. (I have claimed that I will be accepted a la- The Secret ha ha) I do wish we will have the opportunity to tell each other our stories when we get there.

Well, the important thing now is to buy bongga christmas presents for your relatives and friends Edo-san, as it may be the last Philippine christmas for you here.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 7:33pm

Patience and Sandee,

I am also Calgary bound. Hope to see you there guys. Sandee and Patience, how's the employment climate out there now? 

Edo-san,
A question. In the AOR and medical advice letter, you were given a date which when it comes without you receiving a communication from them , you  ought to contact them already right? Did the PPR come before that date?

Hi Sandee,
Did Nic-noc receive further requests for documents after they submitted the original educ and work documents? Did the date in the AOR also come before or after the PPR arrived?

Hope you could enlighten me.  It would lessen my anxiety knowing the approximate time that I could get a response. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Rissa
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:35am
Prixit
I am on the same boat with you, i should have received the last of the documents from my sister this past week but they didn't arrive. Once i get them i hope things will move faster, check my signature.

-------------
ApplicationSept. 22,2008
File No.received April 2009
Info.requestedSept. 2009,March 2010
NominatnApril 23,2010
Medical req Nov 1
passprt submitted Jan 2011

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:47am
Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age at 30 years and get passport in 42 years with tears. Cry

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:05am
Hi Isherwood,

I think the reason I said that is for motivation purposes only. I do agree that life is somuch more comfortable here. My job pays really well. I can travel anywhere whenever I want to. I can buy luxurious stuff. So I know what you mean. But here in Manila, I live independently also, I know what it is like to live alone and start over. Right now, I made sure that my options here remain open, to a  certain extent. No one knows, right?

At the end of the day, we know what we have here. There are no guarantees when we migrate to Canada, but I know that we Filipinos generally thrive to be good at what we do, and our determination will overcome any challenge that will come our way. Simply put, we are used to a "third world" environment and getting something better is a change we welcome.

On the Christmas Gifts, I will have to think about that...ha ha ha We already have a couple of huge gift boxes from Canada so I think that will do. LOL

Originally posted by Isherwood Isherwood wrote:

Hey Edo-san!Tongue

A big hey also to Jayem and the rest of the AINP forumnites.

Edo-san , your last post regarding telling yourself that you are not coming back struck a chord in me. I'm still asking myself if this is really what I want.  Its so much more comfortable  living in Manila with friends, connections, relatives, the household help di ba? But like you I have braced myself for whatever kind of life awaits on that snowy prairie across the pacific. (I have claimed that I will be accepted a la- The Secret ha ha) I do wish we will have the opportunity to tell each other our stories when we get there.

Well, the important thing now is to buy bongga christmas presents for your relatives and friends Edo-san, as it may be the last Philippine christmas for you here.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
Isherwood,

This is a funny story but the answer to your Q is YES, I did write them (email) and invoked that AOR note on contacting them directly after the quoted date when everyone else was getting their PPR except me and this is the reply:

"Our AOR letter specifically states that you may contact the embassy if
you have not received any instructions from us. However this does not
seem to be the case in your application as communication between our
office and you have been ongoing
."

This email came the day after the PPR. The PPR Letter was dated Nov. 19 but I got it via mail Nov. 25.

Lesson: That AOR date can only invoked if we did not get any communication whatsoever from the Embassy since our we got the AOR.

Edo-san,
A question. In the AOR and medical advice letter, you were given a date which when it comes without you receiving a communication from them , you  ought to contact them already right? Did the PPR come before that?

Hope you could enlighten me.  It would lessen my anxiety knowing the approximate time that I could get a response. Thanks in advance.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:19am
Hi MOD,

For those who are still in the Application for Provincial Nominees [focus of this thread]the timeline varies depending on the scheme category of the province. The usual timeline for Approved Provincial Nominees  is usually 1 year max in the CIC Stage. In our category, the waiting time per step is usually 2-3 months.

Also new regulations have significantly made the process even faster.

Independent Immigration has a different timeline though.

Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age at 30 years and get passport in 42 years with tears. Cry

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:26am
hi rissa just confirm if you have forwarded your docs or not...and also what does this mean when they say they have forwarded your case to third party ...will this be a little faster...also how much time it will take to get provincial nomination when they ask for extra docs

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:41am

Hi Isherwood,

Employment here is a little better now and I hope this will continue . . . let's just all hope for the best.  My only advice to all of you who will be newcomers here in Canada is not to expect too much.  Some people who have high expectations have the tendency to get frustrated.  When you're starting a new life in a different country, you have to be willing to start from the bottom.  Good for you if you can get your line of work for your first job because some people don’t.  Remember that our University Degree is only equivalent to their High School diploma here that is why we still need to upgrade.  Determination will be your key to a successful life here. 

As regards your other question, after Nicnoc sent the additional docs, there were no more questions asked and PPR came after 6 mos.

Good luck to all of you.  Beer

Posted By: Yisheng
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:46am
Hi edo-san,
Just confirm with you your timeline.  Did you apply on Sept 2008? Received the file no on Apr 2009? Got Nomination on Nov 25, Will lend in Canada before March 30, 2010?
Thanks,
Jim

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:43pm
Hi Prixit,
I also got a letter from ainp ,they have forwarded my case to third party ,pray for me , plsease keep contact with me.
Tahsan

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm
Does anyone know about how long it takes for third party background check

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:31pm
Hi Yisheng,

KOnnichiwa!

Let me clarify (will do my best to remember) :

AINP Process
Applied for Provincial Nomination:  16 Jul 2008
Provincial Nomination Received: 13 Jan 2009
Application Sent to Visa Office: 04 Feb 2009

CIC- Manila
AOR Received Date: 11 Mar 2009
Medicals Requested: 11 Mar 2009
Documents Requested: 11 Mar 2009
Medicals Done: 30 Mar 2009

Medicals Sent: 13 Apr 2009
Documents Sent: 14 Apr 2009

Documents Requested: August 23, 2009
Documents Sent: Sept. 15, 2009

Passport Requested: 19 Nov 2009
Passport Sent: December 1, 2009
Passport Returned: _______________

The PPR letter stated that I needed to land in Canada on or before March 30, 2010. The thing is they committed to return the Passport/visa/COPR & Orig. Documents within 90 days from receipt. Assuming that is the case, that's end of February 2010. I just hope the "within" portion prevails and is an earlier date.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Yisheng Yisheng wrote:

Hi edo-san,
Just confirm with you your timeline.  Did you apply on Sept 2008? Received the file no on Apr 2009? Got Nomination on Nov 25, Will lend in Canada before March 30, 2010?
Thanks,
Jim

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:47pm
Hi Sandee,

That is such great news. I do hope that the employment situation stabilizes soon. Thank you for the very honest advise. It is very much appreciated. 

Hi Isherwood,

Employment here is a little better now and I hope this will continue . . . let's just all hope for the best.  My only advice to all of you who will be newcomers here in Canada is not to expect too much.  Some people who have high expectations have the tendency to get frustrated.  When you're starting a new life in a different country, you have to be willing to start from the bottom.  Good for you if you can get your line of work for your first job because some people don’t.  Remember that our University Degree is only equivalent to their High School diploma here that is why we still need to upgrade.  Determination will be your key to a successful life here. 

As regards your other question, after Nicnoc sent the additional docs, there were no more questions asked and PPR came after 6 mos.

Good luck to all of you.  Beer

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: Rissa
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by prixit prixit wrote:

hi rissa just confirm if you have forwarded your docs or not...and also what does this mean when they say they have forwarded your case to third party ...will this be a little faster...also how much time it will take to get provincial nomination when they ask for extra docs

Hello Prixit
We forwarded most of the documents, i was waiting for two other documents but something was not right, they came all the way to Montreal and were returned. Now my sis has to get them at the local post office and resend them to Canada.
Our documents were never transferred to the third party, they just asked for more information.

-------------
ApplicationSept. 22,2008
File No.received April 2009
Info.requestedSept. 2009,March 2010
NominatnApril 23,2010
Medical req Nov 1
passprt submitted Jan 2011

Posted By: donkia14
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:59pm
Edo-san,

I'm glad I found this new page.The forum really helped me a lot and it's such a relief I found you guys. I'm now in the process of preparing my documents for submission to CIC-manila. Edo-san you mentioned that CIC requested for additional documents, are these the education and work experience documents? Can you please provide me the lists so I can prepare the documents as early as possible? Also did you submit a personal net worth statement?

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:05pm
Hi Donkia,

Welcome, Welcome!!! Im so glad you found us again...

It is nice to hear that you are preparing your documents already, let us know how we can help, okay.

To answer your question: Yes, they did ask for the following:

1. Original education/school/training documents. If you are unable to provide the originals, copies must be certified and authenticated by the appropriate authorities: DepEd, CHED, TESDA. Wood-laminated diplomas/certificates are not acceptable;
2. Original employment certificates from all past and present employers. Certificates must be on company letterhead, with detailed job descriptions and signed by an authorized officer of the company; and
3. Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of CAD$490.00 

I did not submit the personal net worth statement since Provincial Nominees are not supposed to based on the checklist. :)

Hope this helps....

Originally posted by donkia14 donkia14 wrote:

Edo-san,

I'm glad I found this new page.The forum really helped me a lot and it's such a relief I found you guys. I'm now in the process of preparing my documents for submission to CIC-manila. Edo-san you mentioned that CIC requested for additional documents, are these the education and work experience documents? Can you please provide me the lists so I can prepare the documents as early as possible? Also did you submit a personal net worth statement?

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: donkia14
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:02am
Hi Edo-san,

I decided to just prepare all those requirements and submit when CIC ask for it. It's not included in the checklist anyway.

Thanks for reaching out to all of us here trying to find some answers and clarifications. It sure helps a lot. I believe there is no better way to find first hand information except from you guys who have made it to the finish line. Congratulations and may you continue to update us with your new experiences in Canada.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:01am
Hi Donkia, 

You are very welcome. Im just doing my best to share as much personal experience as I can with a view that others will do the same for those who will come after them. 

I appreciate the kind words. I wish myself luck as well because although I am in the last stretch, much has to be done still before I actually land in Canada. First being to get my passport back with the visa and COPR and my orig. documents then it will trigger a domino effect already. 

Just a lil more patience. :)

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Posted By: gparmar
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:59am
thanks edo_san for bringing each other this page.
and thanks to prixit also fo giving me the link to this page
is there any update for any sept 2008 apllicant

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:11pm
Edo-san,

Thanks for the reply. Wow, so your PPR came before the CIC reply about the deadline.  One wonders how they process these things in the CIC .

I hope all our other friends in the thread are able to follow us here. The first days when I noticed that the forum was locked, I felt anxious , not being able to get in on the sharing.

Sandee,

Thanks for your reply as well. About the employment thing, yeah, I agree that we should be ready to start at the bottom. It is good to hear though that things are picking up in Alberta.

Ramony,

How are you batchmate?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:10pm
Isherwood,

Well, it kinda did but I would have saved a lil face had the PPR arrived a day or two from the date of the letter.(Nov. 19) :) I can just imagine the scenario, they have a nov. 19th letter sent and in transit then I send an email on Nov 23 basically telling them that "hey, you told me to contact you directly after October 4, 2009...so here it is..." then I get the PPR letter on Nov 25, then I get the CIC's reply a day after basically telling me to shut my piehole coz communications has been continous anyways...ARRRgggghhhh!!!! I hope they don't punish me for it.....sniff Cry

About our other friends in the old forum, I did send them email messages and informed them about the new site and provided a link as well. I hope they jump in soon.  Smile 

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:52am
Does anyone know about how long it takes for third party background check , what will next step?
Please reply

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:51pm
Hi Sandee,

Any updates on your sister-in-laws submission of her passport to CIC-M?

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 3:41am
Hi Guys,

Great News!!!!!

I just got my passport back with the PR Visa, COPR and Original Docs. 
Paid DHL P95.00.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:30am

Hi Guys,

Great News!!!!!

I just got my passport back with the PR Visa, COPR and Original Docs. 
Paid DHL P95.00.

hi edo-san,

A big congratulations Smile to you!!!  CIC-M has been relatively fast, I'm happy for you.  hope and pray we'll get to that stage soon. 

Please continue to give inspiration to all of us here in the forum.

God bless!

jayem

-------------
let us keep on keeping on!

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 7:08am
Hi edo-san,
congratulations to you.   hope and pray we'll get to that stage soon.
tahsan

Posted By: gparmar
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:55am
congratulations edo-san for ur visa.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:14pm
Hi Edo-san,

Congrats!  so may I know how long did it take for CIC to send you back your passport?  Sis-In-Law already submitted hers last Dec. 10.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:21pm
Edo-San that's great news! so when do you intend to land in Canada?  Let me know if you're going to Calgary.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:47pm

Hi Edo-San!  

Congratulations Clap...that was reallllly  fast.....My sister-in-law sent her new passport to CIC - Manila last December 10...hopefully she gets her visa same as your timeline (less than 10 working days).....So whats next?  When do you plan to leave Manila????Cry

Please keep us posted...Big smile

Regards,

Sandee

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:15am
Jayem & Tahsan,

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the kind words! Let us continue helping each other via this forum.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:16am
Originally posted by gparmar gparmar wrote:

congratulations edo-san for ur visa.

Thank you!!!!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:24am
Hi Sandee,

thank you!!! Im very happy!

As for my plans, i intend to take the pre departure orientation seminar of the gov. By next week to get it done and over with. I plan to leave for canada on the 3rd week of march. By next week , i hope i can get a schedule to get a US visa.   I am meeting my friends who will travel to the US in April.

Thr route i will probably take is vancouver, then Edmonton. I will definitely let you know if well be visiting calgary!

So far, thats all i have.

Good luck on sisinlaw, i hope she gets it as fast so she can finalize her plans already!!

Hi Edo-San!  

Congratulations Clap...that was reallllly  fast.....My sister-in-law sent her new passport to CIC - Manila last December 10...hopefully she gets her visa same as your timeline (less than 10 working days).....So whats next?  When do you plan to leave Manila????Cry

Please keep us posted...Big smile

Regards,

Sandee

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 5:12pm
Dear All:

Again, i just want to say thank you for all the support and prayers! So much has to be done.
Best of luck to all and hope that everything will be okay for everyone!!! Let us all keep the updates coming!!!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:19pm
Hey Edo-san,

I'm so happy for you. Congrats! I sure hope you stick around to update us on your canada journey.

Sandee, Patience, it wont be long for you guys too.

Ramony and Jayem, let's hope CIC gives us the passport request as christmas gifts.

To all the guys in the forum, let's all hang on.

Posted By: Ramony
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:01am
Hello Everyone !!!

Opening the forum was such a pleasant surprise especially with our friend Edo-san getting our much coveted visa .

Congratulations Edo-san !!! I'm so happy for you ! Thank you also for keeping this thread alive :)

Good luck to our other friends in the different stages.

Lets help each other out as much as we can.

God bless you all !

Ramony

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Hi Ramony,

Welcome back!  Glad you found us.

Edo-San will still be needing a Visa for the US.  You can only go in & out of US without Visa if you're already carrying a Canadian Passport.  But he can also apply the US Visa from here since he is holding a PR status.  I believe if you have a Canadian Passport, you will be able to travel to a lot of countries without getting a Visa. I am just not sure how many countires are there, maybe you can search that on the website.

Still waiting ..... waiting ......... and waiting!  Good luck to everyone.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:10am

Hey Edo-san,

I'm so happy for you. Congrats! I sure hope you stick around to update us on your canada journey.

Sandee, Patience, it wont be long for you guys too.

Ramony and Jayem, let's hope CIC gives us the passport request as christmas gifts.

To all the guys in the forum, let's all hang on.

Hi, Isherwood,

You're right, our PPR will be a great present for us this Christmas! Let's keep the faith, guys...  God is faithful to those who trust in Him.  All things are possible in His name.

Jayem

-------------

Posted By: StNick
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 2:18pm

Hi everyone

First and foremost, congratulations to all who happen to received their PPR already or in the process of getting it, and for the rest who are still waiting, including mineSmile that will be the best X'mas present ever!!

I happen to come from a family of 9, in which 7 of my family is already in Canada, and one is already on his way to Canada (hopefully before the end of this year or early January 2010. And believe me I know how you all feel; the waiting game, denied applications, several timesUnhappy, returned applications, and so on and so forth, including believe it or not, about my twin niece that is one and the same, they made a mistake, so they acknowledge my brother's application. But anyway, I just want to share this all to you, all it takes is a perseverance of that one person, and the need of having a better chance for you and your family, and the rest seems to look so easy, even with the little hiccups along the way to get where we wanted to be.

Goodluck to all!!! and have a nice holiday!!! 

-------------
StNick

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:44am
Guys,

Just did my PDOS today!!! It went well. So now, its just a matter of time. 
I just also learned that Provincial Nominees dont need the Proof of funds upon landing
per the orientation.

Next is to book a flight, attend the IOM and schedule the interview with the US Embassy.
Much to do still. Best of luck to all.

Ramony, welcome back.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 8:26am
Big smileHey guys,

We have just been advised by CIC Manila that our PR visas are ready.  It feels so good that the waiting and worrying are finally over. 

Posted By: Yisheng
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:21pm
Isherwood,
Congratulation to you!

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
Hi Isherwood ,

Congratulations Batchmate !!!

Looks like you had your early Christmas Present :-)

Please let us know how were you informed ? Can you also let us know when you had your Medicals ?

Now you and Edo will be planning together your trips simultaneously. Exciting !

Jayem, hope we get some news too.

Regards !

Ramony

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:52am
Isher my farend!!!! Congrats!!

I am so happy for you! Sorry for the delayed reply!
Prayers answered!!! Its a great gift this xmas! Just a lil more time!!!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:54am
To everyone:

Keep the faith alive...it shall come in HiS time!!!

The is no better time than that.

Cheers!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
Isherwood

Congratulations!!! 

Ramony,

Hope and pray ours will come soon. 

Jayem

-------------

Posted By: manilagirl
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 7:40pm
congratulations isherwood....I have sent my passport and pictures...just waiting for them to return it to me

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:31pm
Yisheng, Ramony , Manila Girl,

Thanks guys.

Ramony, CIC sent me an email . I had assumed that it would be through registered snail mail. My spouse and I had our medicals September 10 and CIC is giving us until September 11, 2010  to enter Canada. There are a few forms to accomplish.

Both I and my spouse havent changed our passports from green to the machinereadable maroon so we have to sort that out first before we send our package to CIC which is probably on January . We're still in shock actually.  And relieved more than anything.

Yours and Jayem's are just around the corner, I'm sure.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:01am
Isherwood,

I know how you feel. I am still trying to abosorb everything. It is really great that you were given the advise early. You have enough time before the visa actually expires. Things do tend to moe fast immediately after. Too much to do....

Work on your passports soonest and take the pre-departure seminar as soon as possible so that yoou get it over and done with.

Christmas is almost here....indeed it is a Merry Christmas!!!!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:00pm
Hey Edo-san...whats a PDOS? do we all have to take it? I dont remember seeing any information about this through mail...

Guys,

Just did my PDOS today!!! It went well. So now, its just a matter of time. 
I just also learned that Provincial Nominees dont need the Proof of funds upon landing
per the orientation.

Next is to book a flight, attend the IOM and schedule the interview with the US Embassy.
Much to do still. Best of luck to all.

Ramony, welcome back.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:00am
Hi ManilaGirl,

Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminars http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?view=article&catid=19%3Amigrant-social-and-economic-integration&id=234%3Apre-departure-registration-and-orientation-seminars&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=33">PDF http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?view=article&catid=19%3Amigrant-social-and-economic-integration&id=234%3Apre-departure-registration-and-orientation-seminars&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=33">Print

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas. Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.

Country-specific PDOS are conducted for Filipino emigrants to address their adjustment concerns in their destination countries. In these seminars, various topics are discussed such as travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants. 

Requirements for Registration

1. Original passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)
  2. Original and photocopy of visa
  3. One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph
  4. One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)
  5. Photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for USA-bound emigrant (must not be detached from visa packet)
  6. Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada-bound emigrant (must not be torn or signed before departure)
  7. Photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility for Japan-bound emigrant
  8. Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand-bound emigrants)
  9. Photocopy of employment contract (for immigrant workers)
  10. Duly completed registration form for Emigrants ( http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf - click here ) or for Immigrant Workers ( http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/CompanySponsored.pdf - click here )
  11. Payment of P400.00 registration fee
  12. Attendance in the PDOS, guidance counseling or peer counseling session
Yes, we all have to take it. There will be materials about it when you get your passport back.
Its a half day thingy. They will put a sticker on your passport that the immigration officer will look for to allow you to fly out.

Click on this for more information:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=33

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:07am
Hey Isherwood,

Thanks for the info. Its really surprising that they sent the correspondence by email, when everything else is done by written communication.

E mail is much better as there will be no delay in delivery Smile.

I had my Medical third week of October so I am one month behind you, therefore can hope and pray  for it in January 2010.

We already got our new passports as we are planning to take a trip this Holidays, and mine was near expiration. So got everyone's updated at the same time. It takes about two weeks. DFA only takes one morning and I suggest you be there early. You can kill time at the Jolibee nearby.

I can understand you shock and relief which will eventually convert into excitement. Its been a long and nagging wait, with this decision always at the back of your mind, over which you have no control, and finally it here !

I can only imagine what Edo-san and Manila Girl are feeling given such short notice to up and go, but God always has his reasons.

Jayem, looks like you and I are the cliffs edge, lets keep each other posted LOL

With acceptance, the first stage of our Canadain journey will have been completed, preparations for leaving made, the next stage will be settling in and succeeding in our new home/environment.

At the right timein the future, maybe we should set-up a thread about how we are adjusting, what we are doing and help each other out Wink

Til' then, allow me to wish you  Happy Holidays ! Merry Christmas ! Happy New Year ! and all the Lords continued Blessings !!!

Ramony

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 2:55am
Hello Everyone,

I came across this very informative and touching post from this gentleman from India sharing his experiences, hardships and the lessons he learned when he emigrated to Canada.

I learned a lot from him, hope you guys can pick up something from this too !

Regards !

Ramony

I don't know if you're like me and read other threads in other Immigration Topics, but I found this reposted by Christchild in Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > Independent Immigration > Topic: Jamaica Cases.

I find this truly inspiring as to what some immigrants must go through in order to survive here in Canada and wanted to share it with you.

In Family Class Sponsorship, luckily at least one of us usually already has a job and is established here. But when our spouses or family member can't find a job, when we think we've got it rough, that things are bad and that we want to give up. We need to persevere like Josh and remember his story. Immigrants do succeed and find jobs, sometimes it just takes longer than others.

Originally posted by JOSH

Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration > Topic: This is how you succeed in Canada
Read: 2473 times, as of 26.11.2009
Author: JOSH
on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:04 am Quote
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS HOW YOU SUCCEED IN CANADA

Hear is my story... take the time to read it, if nothing you might at least save a few pennies and a couple of sleepless nights.

I have been a silent viewer on this forum, I have read a lot of arguments and I appreciate the zeal of most people. The positive approach some people have displayed in spite of all the negative and discouraging information is really inspiring.

I have been in Canada for over 25 months now, migrated from India, to quickly answer some of the biting questions in your head....

1, Am I doing well---Yes I am, maybe not as good as I would have liked it but I am happy.
2, Was I doing well back in India--- Very well.
3, Am I happy to have made the switch----No doubt about that.
4, Did I have to struggle and go through hard times----- Very very hard times, I've had to hang on by my tooth and claws.
5, Would I do it again---Damn sure I would.

BUT
6, Would I go about it in the same way that I did----NO, This post is to help you guys avoid the same mistake that I made and to give something back to people like me 25 months ago, I would have NEVER been able to do it without the help of many good hearted people, God bless em.

So here is my story......

But before that I just want to mention that I have met a lot of immigrants, some who have done well some not so well and others worse. The common line among all the immigrants were certain qualifications and these are a must according to me and my experience if you have to succeed, if you don't have these qualifications then you will be putting yourself in deep trouble.

At the risk of sounding dreadfully dull and at a horrible effort at instigating motivation here are the qualification you need to have:

a, Determination... If you are not absolutely determined its a waste of time.
b, Perseverance...The heart to go on in spite of all odds, never failing to loose the strength to take another step, NEVER NEVER give up, its your life and you cant give up on it.
c, Hard work....Try to be the best in whatever you do, don't work hard because you have to or because you are being watched just work hard coz you WANT to. Even if you are polishing shoes and if you are the best in doing that you will achieve glory someday. NOT BORN TO BE A MEDIOCRE attitude.
d, Good Heart.... A good heart to help people in need, may not just be financially (if that is not possible) but a kind word, a passionate hug, an encouraging line to any fellow in need. A genuine good wish and prayer from someone thankful can even move the Heart of GOD.

So, my story then, My God, its just starting, even I am tired already. I'll make it short.

Got my visa after a long and painful wait...Quit our jobs, my wife and me (first mistake, will explain later) scooped up all our savings, got our children out of school with appropriate planning so that they don't miss out a year. Did our lil research, said our prayers and got on the plane. Landed in Vancouver, some website told us that this was the worlds best place to live and raise a family (mistake number two). Checked into the hotel and began house hunting, looked at all the nice neighbourhoods and selected a house based on our budget (third mistake) so far so good, we thought. Put our kids to school and began the mammoth task of job hunting ( 25-30 days and 2000 dollars down).

Me wife and me are well qualified and based on our experiences we made absolutely wonderful resumes and started applying ( fourth mistake). Amazing responses, calls every day but that was that, stopped at calls after realising we don't have any Canadian qualification or experience. We were not too worried initially but as time passed it started to get a little uncomfortable( down by 3 months and 4000 dollars). We then started trying to get help and advise from the locals, mixed responses, very conflicting as everyone were from different circumstances. We then had to downgrade our resumes (as one of the refusal feedback was that we were over qualified) and start applying, still luck eluded us. Every dollar spent was like fire in the belly growing hotter. Five-six months later we were desperate and ready to take any job that was available to us. A month later, my wife got a job and few weeks later it was my turn to get lucky to get a job.

These were not nearly ideal jobs that we were hoping for but some income was better than nothing. It killed me to see my wife doing data entry who was working for ICICI bank back in India and managing a whole branch and had won many awards for being the best run branch , just typing away 8 hours a day. I never really had the courage to ask how she felt seeing me flip burgers when I had 120 employees working for me at Hewlett Packard back in India.

Though both of us were earning still we were not able to make enough money to stop digging away from our savings. The house rent, bills, travel to & fro to work, food and the most expensive of the lot, child minders for our kids, to pick them up from school and take care until my wife gets back home. I was working over time, nearly 12 hours a day but could not sustain ourselves, we then switched our plan and I took up night shift and weekends while my wife worked in the day, I would wake up cook and get the kids back home and put them in front of the telly and pass out on the couch. I was ready to leave for work and would be waiting at the door to rush out to get the train, sometimes I must admit, with wet eyes while walking to the train station.At all time, I tried real hard to put a brave face for my wife and my two little angels, one kiss at the door everyday was all the interaction I had with my wife. That and kisses from my two little angels is what kept me going.

Even though we had figured out a way to save the child minders costs we were just making enough to live a very limited life. My children deserved more time from us, at least from one of us. I dint want them to grow up without that. I forced my wife to work only part time, moved to a smaller house, took up work for 12 hours every night, 6 days a week. I could not miss a single days work, no work no money. Life seemed a little better for a while, at least for my wife and kids.

When all seemed in control ( at least better than a few months ago ) another blow (forgive me for saying that but that's what it seemed like at that time), I was hardly with my wife a few times since we started working and she was pregnant for the second time ( we had twins the first time) in spite of all the caution we had taken. The irony was, we had to try for almost a year the first time around to get pregnant. If that was not all, it was twins AGAIN. The odds of that happening, twins twice, was 10 million to one or so I was told. This was about the time when I could sense my wife giving up. I could not imagine how we could afford the expenses of additional two babies in our present circumstances.

To cut it short, we had to go through more hardships, we had to move again and again until we were in what one would call a single room apartment.

Was this what we left everything and came here? Was this the life in Canada?
How could we have been so wrong in our assessment?
Are we losers and should go back home crawling like one?

BUT WAIT NO, I thought,

If I we had the luck of having two twins which is very very rare then we surely should be blessed. And I will not let all the sacrifices my family and I have made go for a waste, I did not want my kids to see their father give up when I have always told them never to give up. I was even more determined to move on.

Things turned around, of all the mistakes that I made I had done one thing right, I had really put in my best at work, nobody could do stuff in the kitchen like I could. For most people out there this was just a job, for me it was food in my kids bellies and the last straw of hope in keeping my dreams alive.

I got so many appreciations and management started noticing me, My work was perfect no matter there was someone watching over me or not. As a matter of fact I used to perform even better when I was not supervised. the management quickly saw this and moved the night shift supervisor to another branch to save costs. There was no impact on the business even though I was all alone in the kitchen all night. It was barely any time I was made a supervisor and I had enough money now and did not have to work 12 hours and 6 days. But I did, as my wife had stopped working coz of her pregnancy, we took this opportunity to get her to study and get some certifications in her line of work which were recognised in Canada. She came out with flying colours as she was twice as smart than any certification she sat for. She scored 100% in every damn thing.

We had two healthy little angels again, within four months she started applying with the Canadian certifications and she got a decent job, within a very short time her employers realised her potential and moved her to a different role with more responsibilities and more salary as well.

She did not eat for two days until I agreed to quit my job and stay home with my kids and take up some kind of studying myself. The first few days after I quit I slept for 15 hours every day, it seemed like heaven as I had not had so much sleep in many months. I then started studying at home and taking care of the babies while my wife worked. She was getting paid more than what we had earned collectively so it was fine.

I finished a few certifications and also got decent job. We both feel that we can grow in the companies that we are currently in because of our experience and knowledge and also the effort we have put in to get so far.

We have now moved a good two bed apartment and got ourselves a second-had Ford Mondeo, and now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and any hope of realising our dreams.

Now let me talk about the mistakes I think I made and what I would have done differently if I had to do this all over again.

1st Mistake -, Quitting both our jobs. My wife was working for an Indian Company( ICICI) but I was working for a global company (HEWLETT PACKARD). I should have tried to get a internal transfer, Global companies do hire from within. I agree that it would not have been easy but I am sure not as difficult as what I went through. I might have had to go down several levels and wait for maybe a year or two which is still a worthwhile thing to do.

If that was absolutely not possible I would then quit my job leave my wife and kids behind and go to Canada myself.

2, Mistake - Trying to settle down with out first getting a job. If I am alone I can get a temporary accommodation and be more flexible to move where ever there is opportunity, even move to different cities, with family it is not possible. this will also keep my costs very very low.

3,Mistake - Unless you related to tourism and hospitality industry don't go to Vancouver. Calgary is good for people in oil industry but as a
general rule of thumb there are much more jobs in Toronto that any other place. There are many immigrants there , right, but this is not entirely bad as the employers in Toronto are more used to the Immigrants and are less biased compared to other places.
4, Mistake - I expected to get a great job, like the one I had back in India right away. This does not happen with 99% of the people. You cant just pick up from where you left unless you have some kind of Canadian qualification or internally transferred from within your company.

As soon as you land get yourself some/any job that you can land yourself in and ensure that your monthly expenditure is less that what you earn. Yes you might have to compromise a great deal on where you live and stuff. Make sure you spend as little money as possible from your savings. Immediately get into some kind of course/certification in your line that is recognised in Canada, use your savings for that. Don't waste even one day.

Make sure once you have secured some certifications and you are looking for a job that is in your line of work. You would already have a job, however bad but a job nevertheless. All your focus should be to get a job in your line of work and not towards getting a little more money, this is because if you get to do something in your line of work you will naturally do well.

Once you have set your foot in and fairly confident its time to get your wife..... NOT KIDS, just wife. I know it can be very difficult to leave kids behind but you will have to make some sacrifices to ensure that you do it the right way.

Now that your wife is there, just get her to do some part time work focus entirely on getting Canadian qualification in her line of work.

Always remember there will be totally unexpected things that will come up ( my wife's pregnancy for example ) and make sure you have put away some money for emergencies, however little, something is better than nothing.

Only get a permanent family home when you and your wife are working, in your respective line of work and the get your kids. Things would have been a lot easier if I had done it this way rather than the way I adopted.

THE SATISFACTION YOU GET AND THE WAY YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE IS BOOSTED WILL BE WORTH ALL THE EFFORT. ONCE YOU HAVE SETTLED IN YOU WILL HAVE VERY FEW AND JUST MUNDANE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT, LIFE IN CANADA WILL SEEM VERY ENJOYABLE THEN.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that may crop up, I wish this was helpful and God bless you all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 7:53am
Ramony,

Thanks for sharing that!!! I learned a lot.

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:45pm
woooohooo! My sister-in-law got her christmas gift today . . . her VISA!  Merry christmas everyone!

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 11:15am
Hi Sandee,

that is one great xmas gift!!! Congrats to you and ur sis in law!!!

And to all- Merry Christmas!!!!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 7:43pm
Hi Sandee !

Merry Christmas to you and your sister-in-law ! Congratulations on the visa, what a delightful gift !!!

Could you give us the the date when your SIL had her medical and how you were informed about the visa.

Jayem and I on our seats edge Smile

Best Regards !

Ramony

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 1:50am

Hi Ramony, Merry Christmas to u too! My SIL's medical was submitted mid April I think.  when she received her PPR, she submitted her passport Dec. 10 and was received by CIC Dec. 11.  she received her visa Dec. 24, so it's not even 15 days before CIC returned the passport with visa.

Good luck to you & Jayem

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 7:07am
merry Christmas! 

May God continue to bless us all...

Congrats to Nicnoc for her visa... 

Ramony, I'm hopeful, ours are coming in God's grace.

Jayem

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 7:51am
Sandee and Nicnoc,

Congratulations on the PRs! Great Christmas gift.

Edo-san,

I just noticed I haven't replied to your greetings.  Hello my friend. How are the preparations for your departure going?

Ramony and Jayem,

Batchmates, watch that inbox, it won't be long for you now. CIC Manila is rockin!

To all AINP hopefuls,

Merry Christmas guys. We will all be in Alberta by 2010 by God's grace.

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 8:10am
Hi all its been more than a month since my additional docs were recived by AINP,these docs were regarding my experiance,my education transcript,my relationship docs with my uncle....can anybody suggest me how long it will take to get my nomination...also to tell you that i got my file number in April

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 2:15pm

Isherwood,

Its okay. No worries. Happy holidays to all.
A new year ahead!

-------------
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 8:53pm
Hi Guys

hope you had a good christmas
I sent my passport to the embassy on dec 11
Hopefully I get it soon. Just so happens that there are to manly long weekend and holidays here, I guess I'll end up getting it in January.

Hey Ramony..the story you posted was insightful, and I honestly became a bit worried. I wonder what I'll end up doing the first time I get to edmonton...Hopefully not just data entry...I checked monster.ca, the jobs are pretty different. I would need to get a job to be able to go to school and get the certification I need because I know my college diploma from here wont mean too much there,

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:51am
Hey Manila Girl,

Merry Christmas too !!!

Sorry for causing you a bit of concern, but that was not the intention. It was meant for us to be more aware entering this new phase in our lives with two eyes open Shocked, from a persons first hand experience.

So when we get there, we are not shocked by the new culture/environment, do not make the same mistakes he did, and do not expect to much.

After all, as Isherwood was telling Edo-san in an earlier post, we are leaving the comfort of our families, friends, jobs, connections, homes, household helps, from where we are at the top of the hill, to begin at the bottom again. And I do recall Edo-san saying before, that the immigration process, since we are at this point, is now only half of the battle.

Reading the story too, I am now considering making adjustments in my plans. Maybe going ahead of my family as he suggested, and setting up first, before having them come over. Also getting myself super prepared qualifications wise, and finance wise, as much as i can, before leaving.
And I am not burning bridges here, although I tell myself I have no option of coming back.Cry

You are right, we will have to get certifications and work experience there, to be able to get the work we want and deserve. Good news though from my sister there is, that several professions such as engineers, pharmacists, nurses, acountants etc. will be able to get their credentials and work experiences assessed within one year by the Federal Government, with possible accrediation without having to go back to school. This is to avoid the immigrant "doctors driving cabs phenomena", which overall is detrimental to immmigrants and the Canadian Economy.

Although I too am concerned, I know that through this process of immigration, all of us have been very determined, patient, diligent and most of all trusting in God to have reached this point, and based on the story of the guy, these are the primary ingriendients needed to succeed in our newly chosen home. Cheers to this new and exciting phase in our lives ! Smile After all "if He is with us, who can be against us"...

A Happy and Blessed  New Year to you and all our friends !!!

Ramony

Posted By: shinken_
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Ramony Ramony wrote:

You are right, we will have to get certifications and work experience there, to be able to get the work we want and deserve. Good news though from my sister there is, that several professions such as engineers, pharmacists, nurses, acountants etc. will be able to get their credentials and work experiences assessed within one year by the Federal Government, with possible accrediation without having to go back to school. This is to avoid the immigrant "doctors driving cabs phenomena", which overall is detrimental to immmigrants and the Canadian Economy.

the problem with this is the government (especially the federal government) does one thing and the employers do another thing.  it is the employer who will give you the job not the government and the government can't force the employer to hire you.  no matter what certification, accreditation, assessments, etc the government gives to the newly landed immigrant, the employers will always look for "canadian experience" and  "canadian qualifications".  you are right about starting from the very bottom again, it sucks but that is the price of coming to Canada.  my suggestion is forget your past and start a new life in your new country.  it is worth it.

Posted By: shinken_
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Junj Junj wrote:

Hi Edo-San,
     Thank you for your info in regards to our new forum. Just arrived from a week vacation in Baguio.  Just trying to acclimatized myself to the winter weather in Canada.  hahaha!!
     To that question about sponsor deposit, I guess, once the sponsor is approved and the candidate already got his nomination, the sponsor could already use the money for whatever purpose he might need. The sponsor side is already finished.  It's now the candidate side, to submit the requirements to the Canadian Embassy in Manila.
     Just some unsolicited advice.  If you are thinking of resigning from your present job, to reside permanently in Canada, ask for an INDEFINITE LEAVE, from your work.  The GRASS is not always GREENER on the other side.
Junj

sponsor deposit?

Print Page | Close Window