Print Page | Close Window

Citizenship Calculator and travel

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52879
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:07pm

Topic: Citizenship Calculator and travel
Posted By: TheHal
Subject: Citizenship Calculator and travel
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:02pm
I Immigrated to canada as a PR in June 2011, and have lived here since. I was on work permits from 2002 till 2011 before that, most of my time has been spent in Canada with a couple of visits to my home country (Norway) early on, but nothing since 2008. Other than that I have traveled a few trips to the US each year, some for work of up to 3 weeks, but mostly 2, 3, 4, 5 day trips to visit, and buy stuff...

The calculator as it is today says there are 1827 possible days, and I have 54 days absent giving a total of 1773 days of total physical presence. Even IF I messed up, I have paystubs, and T4's and NOA etc being continuously employed since PR, and even though 3 separate companies, I'm in the same industry still.

Anyway, the immigration form asks for precise records, but this is almost impossible to have? I have done my best using bank statements and Facebook to ensure I haven't missed anything, but there may be gaps of a couple of days. How much of a trigger will this be for a possible RQ and delay?

I suppose it does not really matter, as my wife is Canadian and I have lived with her since before PR. I have no plans to leave Canada for other than short trips, I'm just planning and hoping to make my application as painless as possible.

I do also understand that they will petition CBSA for my records, but that will only show my entries, not my departures, and the US only shows departures if you don't have a valid I94.

To reiterate the actual question, should I worry about an RQ if I send my application with possible missing 1 or 2 2 day trips to the US?

Regards
H

Print Page | Close Window