Forum Name: Work Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4903
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:45am

Topic: Re-Entry to Canada
Posted By: spudnorris
Subject: Re-Entry to Canada
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 12:17am
Hey Everyone!!....Im looking for some knowledge and advice on re-entry into Canada while waiting for a work extension to come through!!

I've read through a lot of different forums on this topic but im not sure if I am in the same situation or not!!

I received a positive LMO for my current work position and my CIC application for the work permit extension has now been sent to Vegreville. My original work permit expired on Nov 18th and I have been told im ok to keep working as I have an "implied status"....

Does the implied status refer to the LMO or the whole process until I am granted a similar work permit that I has attached to my passport!? and once you receive a positive opinion does it pretty much guarantee that you will get an extension.

I have booked flights to go back to Ireland for Christmas for a few weeks to see my family and I am worried that there is gona be some sort of complication when I try to re-entry Canada!!??

I was told that as long as I had all paper work showing that I had been given a positive LMO and receipts to show that I had paid for the extension application I would be ok!!

Has anyone had this experience or been refused re-entry!? Any help woul be appreciated!!

Thanks

G

Print Page | Close Window