Print Page | Close Window

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4840
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:45pm

Topic: INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010
Posted By: Thara
Subject: INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:18am
I sent in the application on July 16th, 2010 by express. It was received on the 20th,2010 according to Canada Post.

I have NOT received ANYTHING from CIC.

Anyone in the same boat? What should be my next step? 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011

Replies:
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 2:05pm
*BUMP* 

no one sent in their application between these timelines? Confused

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: jamaisomal
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 4:37pm
If you have client ID you can try to log into ecas. they normally open the applications and about 2 mths after they receive them. I was able to log in about 3 mths after I sent mine in. If you don't have (or know) your client ID, you can call the call centre and see if they will give it to you.

-------------
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 8:45pm
Thanks Jamaisomal.. 

Everyone seem to be in the May group and no one is at the July timeline :( ... I feel so lonely

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: abstractioness
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 6:32pm
I sent mine in late September and I still can't log onto E-CAS. I'm hoping maybe soon after Christmas? Anyone else sent their inland application in September?

-------------
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:26pm
Yay! 

Not the greatest news but some news is always better than being in the dark :)

2 letters received. 

One letter - Update of my history in Canada through out the years from school to work.
Second letter - Informing me that my application has been transferred to Etobicoke Office.

Now, I have to send in all the information ( which I thought I had already written down properly and I dont know why that is necessary for my AIP) to the Etobicoke Office.

Does anyone know about the Etobicoke Office? I dont know why I was transferred there when I live in Thornhill ?!?!?!

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:45pm
Just found out that Etobicoke Office is the worse one to be transferred too. I didnt get my AIP :(

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: ColorMePanda
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:57pm
Hi, finally a thread for those who sent Inland apps later in the year.

We sent our application July 13, 2010 and it was received July 16, 2010.
They started processing our application on September 22, 2010. I only found this out by calling the CIC Call Centre. I have a previous client id from previous visitor records however to this day I am still unable to sign into e-CAS. I am thinking about ordering FOSS notes just to make sure that my clearances and medicals were received as well as to have a hard copy proof from CIC that our application is being worked on and to make sure all the information about us in the system such as name/number/address is correct. We have yet to hear anything from CIC. Will be 5 months next week that we sent it off. I figure we will hear about their decision in mid to late April 2011.

A little about us:
I am 20, DH is 21.
Met online in late May 2008
DH visited me first and been living together since Nov 12, 2008
DH went back home and been living in Canada with him/his family since Mar 15, 2009
Proposed to on my 20th bday on Mar 1, 2010
Married on May 28, 2010
I am from Virginia and he is from Newfoundland
Submitted the PR app with OWP and currently on implied status

To OP I don't think it is normal to have your file transferred this early in the process. You shouldn't have heard anything until sometime in April, like us. We sent ours around the same time and so far (luckily) ours hasn't been transferred. I think you should consider ordering your FOSS notes and find out why it was transferred so early. Please let us know if you find out anything. Best of luck with everything.

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:12am
I dont think its a good thing either. I will order the FOSS but apparently it takes about 4 - 5 weeks. Thats too long. 

Etobicoke Office is apparently like a deep dark hole.

I am thinking about moving to the in laws so I can transfer to a reasonable office. 

I cant imagine being holed up at home, with no work, no money, mortgage to pay and paying out of pocket for the damn Health Insurance. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:26am
I heard that from someone that they received their FOSS notes in 2 weeks. They faxed the request instead of mailing it in so maybe you should try that? I think the only way to resolve the issue is to know they reason why it was sent there. I don't think you will find out much from CIC call centre but it could be worth a shot to call there and ask if they know why it was transferred.

But yes unfortunately Etobicoke is a busy office these days and I am sorry for what has happened.
Moving to the in laws might be a good thing to consider but it could also put even more delay on your file for trying to transfer your file to another office, it could get lost in transit, or they may not transfer it to another office at all.

I guess I can imagine being at home all the time without work or money because we have done it for about 2 years now but I can only imagine the hurt and stress you are feeling. Hopefully you can resolve this issue soon.

If worse comes to worse, you might consider withdrawing and resubmitting it inland again if you have time or reapply outland. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:52am
Thanks ColorMePanda..

I will fax it. 

I feel so down right now. I was happy that I got the letters and now I cant imagine. My husband cannot afford to pay the mortgage by himself. We are in deep depth due to our recent wedding. My EI is going to run out soon.

I dont know what to do. :(

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: jamaisomal
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:28am
Wow. Hope things work out. I've never heard of a file being transferred to a local office so early in the process since AIP is taking 8-9 mths. I've heard them asking fr personal update about the 5 mth mark but not the file being transferred. Do you have any idea about why it could have been? If you don't mind, maybe give a brief history about yourself/the relationship? I faxed my foss request just out of curiosity. Let's see how long it takes. Keep up posted. Good luck.

-------------
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

Hi, finally a thread for those who sent Inland apps later in the year.

We sent our application July 13, 2010 and it was received July 16, 2010.
They started processing our application on September 22, 2010. I only found this out by calling the CIC Call Centre. I have a previous client id from previous visitor records however to this day I am still unable to sign into e-CAS. I am thinking about ordering FOSS notes just to make sure that my clearances and medicals were received as well as to have a hard copy proof from CIC that our application is being worked on and to make sure all the information about us in the system such as name/number/address is correct. We have yet to hear anything from CIC. Will be 5 months next week that we sent it off. I figure we will hear about their decision in mid to late April 2011.

Wow, that's really annoying that you still can't log into e-CAS. I'm going to call CIC on Monday -- I didn't know they had that information. I have a previous Client ID number, too.

Did they suggest anything when you called about why you still can't log on? That seems like something they should look into, since they admit that they are processing it.

EDIT: So I called the automated service and it confirmed the application was received on Sept. 24th. I thought you couldn't call to check that it'd been received? It's been 2 1/2 months so I hope they start processing it soon after Christmas.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Thara Thara wrote:

Thanks ColorMePanda..

I will fax it. 

I feel so down right now. I was happy that I got the letters and now I cant imagine. My husband cannot afford to pay the mortgage by himself. We are in deep depth due to our recent wedding. My EI is going to run out soon.

I dont know what to do. :(

I'm so sorry :( What an awful situation. Definitely get those FOSS notes.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:00pm
My husband saw me crying in the living room. Said everything is going to be ok. I did read another girl getting her AIP & OWP within 5 months of the transfer. So, I have hope. 

Background,

Im brown and my husband is white Canadian. I came to Canada in 2000 for school and was in work permit after graduating. I met my husband online Spring, 2008. Moved in July, 2009, got married October, 2010. I got laid off Feb, 2010 and I decided to apply under common law in July, 2010.

I was hoping to get the AIP & OWP early next year. But I got 2 letters. One asking to fill in some timelines. Another saying that is has been transferred to Etobicoke Office. 

Now, I hope to call the centre on Monday and even drop in at the etobicoke office to see if they can help me and even drop off the letter with the history update.

Can anyone give me the Fax number for the FOSS for Ontario Region? Thank you.

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
I forgot to thank everyone for their concern. 

ps: It was tranferred within 4 months and less than few weeks. Hopefully, I would get an AIP & OWP by the 9 month mark. It is not being able to work or study or have health insurance. I feel like a prisoner with no rights.

I dont understand how they expect you to put a hold on your life. What am I going to tell future employers. they wont even bother calling me in for an interview.  I was making decent money. If this takes too long, I will have to take up entry level positions if I even get it.

Plus, the mortgage, car, food... I dont even go see my husband for lunches eventhough I dont do anything all day because I dont want to waste 6 dollars on ttc. 

I can go on. :( I hate self pity. But I so need it now. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: komar
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:47pm
i strongly suggest that you send more proof of your marital/ common law relationship. every document that has your and your spouse's name togather, pics etc.
my husband and i applied last year and the file was transferred to local office after 3 months. We were told by CIC helpline that when this happens it means that an interview is required and we will have to wait for an interview call/ letter from the local CIC office. 4 months later what we got was a letter refusing our application saying they do not believe our marriage is genuine (without even an interview!).
foss notes showed that it happened because 1. our joint account was closed (our joint account was never closed) 2. we had not filed taxes togather (we couldnt have because you file taxes for the previous year and we were not married in 2008).
we wrote to every MP, govt minister, agencies, senators even prime minister, gave interview on tv and newspaper but nothing happened. we were told that all we can do is apply again so thats what we have done.

-------------
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 4:10pm
Thanks Komar, 

I am sorry that you had to go through that. It is unbelievable that they didn't ask for more documents nor conduct an interview before refusal.

I have sent in the fax for FOSS and will get every document that proves our relationship to be genuine. 

Thanks for your input. It is scary to even think that they might refuse without an interview.

Good luck with your application this time around. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by komar komar wrote:

i strongly suggest that you send more proof of your marital/ common law relationship. every document that has your and your spouse's name togather, pics etc.
my husband and i applied last year and the file was transferred to local office after 3 months. We were told by CIC helpline that when this happens it means that an interview is required and we will have to wait for an interview call/ letter from the local CIC office. 4 months later what we got was a letter refusing our application saying they do not believe our marriage is genuine (without even an interview!).
foss notes showed that it happened because 1. our joint account was closed (our joint account was never closed) 2. we had not filed taxes togather (we couldnt have because you file taxes for the previous year and we were not married in 2008).

That seems really extreme. It makes me worried because we're in a similar situation -- we have a joint bank account, and we explained that we hadn't filed taxes together because we hadn't lived together for a year, although we included the form we sent off reporting to the CRA that we're common-law. But they messed up with your joint bank account so that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It makes you wonder how closely they actually bother to look at your file.

Did you explain in your application why you hadn't filed taxes together or did you not include anything about taxes?

Hmmm... maybe we should send in the tax rebate statements we've received so far as common-law.

This is why there should be the right of appeal for inland -- it isn't even an issue of judgment, they actually got their facts wrong especially with the bank account.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:49pm
Thara, we have learned the hard way that instead of ppl running a system its the other way round.
Abstractioness, the officer took the month closing balance on the bank statement to mean that the account is closed. We got married in Jan09 and filed the taxes in April seperately. Who would have thought they dont know that in canada, each year you file taxes for the previous year and not the current one. Our cover letter, documents and application proved that we have known each other for 9 months but the officer claimed on the foss notes that we got married 9 nine days after meeting each other for the first time.
You can imagine how we felt when we read all that and how frustrating it was to hear even the highest placed public officials admit that it was a mistake BUT nothing could be done since the file is closed.
I can go on for ever but my advise to everyone out there: forget the document check list, send everything that has your and your spouse's name on it. send more supporting documents every month. if you have nothing left to submit, take pics togather and send them off. Most importantly, pray hard that your case is processed by an intelligent and well trained officer, fully in command of all his senses.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 3:56pm
That is soo unfair Komar. Good Luck this time around :)

HUGS!

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: rmaleshri
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:05am
ALBERTA NOMINEE PROGRAM - FAMILY STREAM
I applied for  my sister and family.
Applied in MARCH 2010
Received confirmation of Application receipt - JUNE 29, 2010
RECEIVED FILE #   - DEC.14, 2010

-------------
Ravi

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by rmaleshri rmaleshri wrote:

ALBERTA NOMINEE PROGRAM - FAMILY STREAM
I applied for  my sister and family.
Applied in MARCH 2010
Received confirmation of Application receipt - JUNE 29, 2010
RECEIVED FILE #   - DEC.14, 2010

I didn't know that you usually receive a confirmation of application receipt -- did anyone else get this? Was it after a similar time period?

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:54pm
Thanks Thara!
Absttractioness, Rmaleshri's is provincial nominee program called AINP. one can sponsor one's family through this program but not one's spouse. the application is submitted to the responsible provincial authorities, and if approved by them goes to the CIC for final processing.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:46pm
So, update.

Called CIC. Got a very cold rude person. It is so sad when you are so vulnerable and you get someone on the other line who doesn't really want to help you.

Anyways, good news. Etobicoke Office now replies back in 6 months. I however am optimistic that I will hear back sooner. Plus, I hear from another person who got an interview under 5 months.

I have ordered for my FOSS notes and  I am collecting as many things to prove my relationship.

It is hard to see other people who have received their AIP and OWP. But I shall wait my turn and will succeed :) 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:06pm
Thara, mail all that you have right away! Do not wait for them to contact you. You can keep updating your file later too when you have moe documents.

Believe me, its pretty serious stuff that your app was transferred within five months, without the first stage approval. I dont mean to scare you but it only happens when they doubt the genuiness of your relationship.

Wish you all the best!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 8:37pm
I will be dropping it off coming Monday so that I can talk to someone at the office. 

Thanks for your concern Komar. I have the marriage certificate bank statements, 1000+ pictures. When I go to the office I will ask if we can put things in a CD for the IO to view. 

I am in a happy place. I am sure it's going to work out. Defnly waiting on those FOSS notes. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: CEC
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 5:41pm
Happy holidays!

We sent our inland spouse application to Vegreville on June 22 and we have not heard a single word from CIC yet. Why is that?

We tried checking online but we cannot access our application yet.

What should we do?

Thanks

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by CEC CEC wrote:

Happy holidays!

We sent our inland spouse application to Vegreville on June 22 and we have not heard a single word from CIC yet. Why is that?

We tried checking online but we cannot access our application yet.

What should we do?

Thanks

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed. This is how long it takes for them to make a decision on the inland applications right now. After 9 months you should hear what the decision is and hopefully it is AIP (aka First Stage Approval) because then you can apply for a work permit or study permit and in some provinces you can get health care coverage. If after 9 months you don't receive AIP but are instead transferred to your local CIC office WITHOUT AIP given first then you should expect an interview. They could be doubting that your relationship or marriage is genuine and need to meet personally to answers their questions. If you are transferred there is not specific timeline for waiting for an interview so you could be waiting anywhere to a few weeks to 3 years. In this case during waiting, no news is generally good news. So if you haven't been given a letter requesting for additional documents then things should be going smoothly. Good luck and hopefully we all get AIP.

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 11:14am
Hi ColormePanda

Thanks for the reply. I sent my application one month before yours. How do you know they have started working on your file?
Reading this topic I saw the lady got her application transferred to Etobicoke and she sent her file after us. So it means there is a big chance we are not being transferred, correct?

What is FOSS? We never heard of that before...

Is there something that my wife and I should be doing/preparing (proof wise) in case they ask for more documents or proofs?

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
CEC

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 12:02pm

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed.

It's my understanding that you should be able to sign onto ECAS after 3 or 4 months, and you should be able to call the CIC with your Client ID number and find out when they received your application and when they started processing it, through the automated system.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:41pm
So, Im back.

Got my FOSS. last week. Very disappointed because other than facts I dont have any access to the comments from the IO. :(

It just says there are comments on these facts but the comments are not given. 

So there is no way to know why it was transferred. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by abstractioness abstractioness wrote:

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed.

It's my understanding that you should be able to sign onto ECAS after 3 or 4 months, and you should be able to call the CIC with your Client ID number and find out when they received your application and when they started processing it, through the automated system.

I already called CIC and asked when they started processing and they told me the date which is how I am able to have the date in my signature. And no, not everyone is able to sign into ECAS. Some are and some aren't. Though you should be able to sign in on the day a decision is made on the application. So in a few months, I should be able to sign in. 

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:56am
Hi Thara,

Is there a letter attached to the FOSS notes saying that they are with holding some info?
If not, send them a fax asking why some info is missing and stating that you need to see the IO comments urgently because otherwise you wont be able to respond to the CIC concerns in time.
Send it to:
Privacy Coordinator
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4H4
Telephone: 905-803-7904
Facsimile: 905-803-7392
which is for privacy requests concerning immigration sponsorships.

Fax it to your local office too. You can find the fax number for your region specific office under this link:
http://www.infosource.gc.ca/inst/imc/fed11-eng.asp

Best of luck!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 3:54pm
Thanks Komar, I will be faxing in my letter tommorow. 

As for Etobicoke Office, FYI - one cannot go to the office to drop off the mail. It NEEDS to be mailed in. I drove all the way there, paid $5 parking just to find out that I need to mail it. Then I went to the post office across the street and did a registered post. It will be delivered tomm. with signature. 

I sent in soo much proof there is no denying it. So, the question now is what was the concern for the application to be transferred. Have to wait for the Privacy Officer to send it in. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: Dana36
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:12pm
We sent our application to Vegreville on August 14, 2010 and it was received on October 12, 2010. We have not heard anything yet either. What is the FOSS is it necessary or helpful to get this? And what is ABI

Thanks,
Dana

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:30pm
How do you go about ordering FOSS
What is their address

Thanks,
Dana

My Situadion: My husband is from Mexico and he was here on a holiday visa and that visa expired over a year ago. We filled out our papers for spousal sponsorship in August 2010. They were received in Vegreville in October 2010 and we sent in our additional document in December 2010. Hopefully, we will here from Immigration in May-a little after you.

Cheers,
Dana

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Thara Thara wrote:

Thanks Komar, I will be faxing in my letter tommorow.

Hi Thara, just wondering how everything was going for you. Did you get any reply to the letter you faxed?

-------------
INLAND

Posted By: canadacold
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
hi there, any luck with FOSS notes? my file was received on april 06, they started processing the file on  24th Dec 2010, on Feb 01, CIC decided to transfer the file to Etiboke Office, that sucks. did you end up going to the office and what did you learn. Please reply, since we are in the same boat. I'll follow your steps to get to bottom of this nonsense.

thanks and good luck.

-------------
Inalnd Application filled April 06,2010
Started Processing Application Dec 24 2010.
FIle sent to Etobicoke Office Feb 01 2010

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:38pm
Hi Thara,
 any luck with FOSS notes? my file was received on april 06, they started processing the file on  24th Dec 2010, on Feb 01, CIC decided to transfer the file to Etiboke Office, that sucks. did you end up going to the office and what did you learn. Please reply, since we are in the same boat. I'll follow your steps to get to bottom of this nonsense.

thanks and good luck.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:06pm
Hey Canadacold,

I did get the FOSS, it didnt really have any information about WHY it was transferred. Just basic information about the file. I am yet to send in the request for the additional comments they made but never was available with the FOSS notes that I recieved.

I am so sorry about the transfer. I would never wish that on anyone. I went to the office in person but you are not allowed to see anyone, not even drop requested documents. I had to go to the nearest post office to mail it in. 

I call the call centre to see if the documents I sent have been filed and documented. It's been more than a month and it is not in the system yet. :(

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:10pm
CanadaCold,

What's the story thou? You didnt give any details of your application. I was so confident about my application that I didnt even think twice about it being transferred to a local office. :( 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:00pm
HI Thara,
My wife sponsored me, we got married in summer of 2009. After I got married but before we sent application for Sponsorship, I also applied for refugee, thats how i came to canada through US border, Since i had no status in the states, buffalo decided not to process our sponsorship application,( I believe they require only legal residence of country), I had no option, but to come in canada as refugee, I have refugee application and also sponsorship application. Filed Refugee in March and sponsorship in April. Perhaps because of refugee file, they sent the file to Etobicoke. whatever the reason, i hope they do this fast, I have work permit under Refugee, but most good employer hesitate to hire, so the only job i can get is minimum wage.  I also mailed in the request for FOSS notes yesterday, I'll post whatever i find in them once i get them. Please let us know if you get more info from Updated FOSS notes.

-------------

Posted By: rc
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 10:21pm
Request: could anyone please very kindly, answer this quick question:
In inland application, Does anywhere in any form, is the Maiden name of the Sponsor's Mother asked? I know it asks for the maiden name of the person who is being sponsored's mother's maiden name. 
If somebody is sponsoring their spouse for inland application, does the form anywhere ask for the sponsor's mother's maiden name?  
Please think long and hard and help out, Kindly help me out please!

Posted By: rc
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 2:57am
Please somebody please reply, show some kindness :-)

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 7:58am
Sorry RC, It seems that no one recalls. You just have to be careful to look out for it. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: colettebaker
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:34pm
Hi there
Does anyone know how I can get to the part of the forum where people submitted in October 2010???

Posted By: TeresaLynn
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 2:16pm
Not sure, is there a thread for October 2010 yet? If not you should start one. Good luck :)

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010
Started Processing Aug 26, 2010
AIP received April 12, 2011

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:54am
Has anyone from this thread heard anything yet?

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:42am
Anyone heard any news yet? 
They should be processing June applicants soon (like this week). Wishing all of us luck for good news.

On a side note: I was able to sign into e-Cas for the first time ever.
I am thinking they must be doing something with our application now. 

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: cor-32
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 7:33am
I don't think it ask for mothers maiden name, as the sponsors status is already settled

I do know that in a citizen certificate application, it asks for the individuals grandparents on both sides

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:16pm
Hey ColourMePanda,

I got to sign in Ecas today too. I think it is just whomever that was suppose to update finally getting around to it. They started processing it in September but you could only log into the Ecas now. 

It is truly sad how slow and reckless they are with people's life making decisions. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:00am
Well I take it as a blessing and they are working harder than ever now. 
That is always a good thing for all of us here! :)

How are you Thara, did you receive any answers yet?

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 11:30am
I was very happy when Ecas tracker told me that I can sign in to my Ecas. I thought that meant there is some movement in the etobicoke office. But when I saw that you were able to sign in and are timelines are the same. I figured it was the IO from the Alberta office just updating the computers. :( Made me sad. 

I am hopeful to hear something soon though!

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 7:09pm
Hi there,

I was able to log into e-Cas just now.

What it shows so far:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 17, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Let`s hope we hear from them now in April.

-------------
App. Sent Vegreville: June/14/10
App. Received: June/17/10
Started Processing: Aug/26/10
AiP: April/11/2011

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 9:06pm
We we able to log onto E cas today too! This makes me happy it says received Aug. 20th, and started processing Oct. 12th.
I hope we all hear good news soon!

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:29pm
CEC - have you heard anything yet? a few people on another forum received AIP update on their e-cas. They applied June 16th. I haven't heard anything yet :( I applied the 18th of June though.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:47pm
Hi Teresa, there`s no update on my e-Cas yet. Let`s hope this week we get our AinP!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 4:33pm
Thanks for letting me know, i was beginning to think everyone else got AIP but me...hopefully in the next couple of days we will hear something :) Keep me posted if you hear anything.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:45am
Has anyone heard anything yet?

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 2:57pm
Hi,
Now it shows "A decision has been made and you will be contacted." Shocked

What does that mean? By looking at this, can we know whether it was AinP?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:03pm
CONGRATS!!! That sounds like aip, did you just get this update? did you check this morning was it there then?

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:04pm
I am soooooo nervous i really want to see decision made! 

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:05pm
I just checked it now.

Did you check yet?

If it wasn`t AinP, would it say it was transferred to a different office, do you know?

Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:07pm
DIt would say it was transferred if it was transferred, from the other forum i am on that definatly sounds like AIP....so happy for you :)

So that was the first time you logged in today? sorry just trying to figure out if they update e-cas throughout the day :)

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
You should call CIC to confirm it is AIP.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
Thank you so much!
Yeah, i checked for the fist time today about 30 mins ago. Not sure if they update throughout the day.

Do you think it is worth to apply for an OWP? I mean, it might take 1 month to get the OWP and I heard after you get the AiP things go very fast. Im in Toronto, btw.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:11pm
hmmm not sure about that. Wait for your letters, there may be a landing letter as well.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:32pm
Just found out AIP granted!!!!! April 12, 2011!!

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:33pm
WOW! Congrats! What does it show on your e-Cas? How did you found out!?:D

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:49pm
Well you inspired me to call CIC, and they told me over the phone :) SO HAPPY for both of us :)

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:53pm
I just called them and it is an AIP!!!

But she said something weird though, she said the second stage will take about 8 - 9 months to finish our applications... this can`t be correct, right?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:54pm
yea it doesn't they just say that some people it take 1 month, it all depends on the background checks.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:56pm
Great!!!
This nightmare is almost over for us!
Let`s hope our friends here hear the good news anytime soon too.

As soon as i get the letter I will post on this thread.

Thank you again!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:31pm
No problem, my hubby and I are celebrating tonight :)  

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Posted By: canirish
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 2:55pm
Sorry guys - can you tell me what AIP stands for? :)  Thanks so much!

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by canirish canirish wrote:

Sorry guys - can you tell me what AIP stands for? :)  Thanks so much!

Approval IPrinciple 

This is the first portion of the "INLAND" application assessment. 
If they approve the sponsor and the genuineness of the relationship then you should receive AIP 9-10 months from the time they received your application. When you receive AIP you are then able to in some provinces to obtain provincial health coverage and can also apply for a work or study permit. You will then wait up to another 9 months (usually only a few months) after getting AIP to get called to the PR interview where you will go to the local CIC office (when they give you a date to come) and land as a permanent resident.

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:28pm
Thank you very much ColorMePanda!

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 2:19pm
Hi!

I just got the AiP in. It was granted on April 11 and i got it on the 19th.

The envelope was not sealed... it was open, i wonder if something is missing... I only have 2 pages stating that I can apply for my OWP etc and;

Asking for my police certificate from back home, translated etc

However, i have already sent those certificates when we sent our application and I have not gone back since to my country. Is it really necessary?
I mean, it is a really pain in the neck to get the police certificate, they my family has to send the originals to Canada, then i have to pay to translate it, then mail it... a lot of time wasted for something that does not make sense.

Does anybody know about it?

thanks!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:02am
We are still waiting on our letters. I will tell you how many pages they are when I receive it. You should get the police certs as soon as possible, because that will slow down the process to get PR. Just do as they ask.. Good luck :)

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:47am
We have called CIC and we were told the letter we got is a generic one so we shouldn't worry about getting new Police Checks. The lady also advised us to write a letter explaining that since I sent the Police Checks I have not been back to my home country and resend the photocopies of it in case they lost or something and so we did it.

I also applied for the OHIP on Wed. Gosh, it take 3 months for the card to get ready and the coverage begins...

Let me know when you get your letter.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:01pm
Wanted to share some good news :)

Within 4 months, I have received a letter for an interview from the Etobicoke Office. I was hopeful and my husband kept my spirits high. It is no longer a big black hole that it used to be.

They have asked for alot of documents which I have already supplied with. But I am mailing them and taking them with me. 

Is there anything I need to know before I go for this interview. It is basically an interview to prove that the relationship is genuine. I am excited. :D

Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes. 

So far, 7 months for the interview. Hopefully, everything will be done under a year. But what I am really looking forward to is WORKING!!!! :D

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: cor-32
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:04pm
Congratulations....... the wait is nearly over by the looks of it!

BTW, how long are ye together? Just curious if i will be called to (married 5.5yrs)

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:18pm
Hey Cor-32,

Thanks. I am excited. I just completed a year of living together and became common law when I applied. But I got engaged 2 months prior to sending out the application and even stated that I will be married before the AIP. 

I have everything our ownership of the house to the marriage certificate. I had sent it but they have asked for it again.

I am excited. I just wanted people to know that Etobicoke Office is not a black hole anymore. 

Hope you get your AIP soon too and hopefully without a transfer or an interview :D

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:56am
Congrats Thara, it must be stressful hopefully it's done soon.Go to Canadavisa and look under the inland 2010 thread there is info about interview questions. I am going to look and post the link for you.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 10:03am
We have a list of questions for inland spousal sponsorship (common-law relationship). We were hoping somebody can add some more base on their own experience.

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?

2. How did you meet your spouse?

3. What first attracted you to him?

4. What first attracted him to you?

5. When did you start dating?

6. What did you do on your first date?

7. Where did you go on your first date?

8.How long did you date before you decide to live together?

9.When did you decide to live together?  When and where did the living together proposal take place?

10. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?

11. What does your spouse do for a living? Where does your spouse work?

12. Where did your spouse go to school?

13. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?

14. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?

15. What are his/her work hours? What are his/her days off?

16. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?

17. What time does she/he leave in the morning for work?

18. Does your spouse like his or her job?

19. What is his/her salary? What is his/her telephone number at work?

20. Do you still live with your spouse?

21. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
22. What is your religion?

23. What is the religion of your spouse?

24. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?

25. Do you remmenber las saturday? (or last Friday, or last day oof together, etc)

26. Did you spend it together? (if not, last day you spent together was?)

27. Who got up first that day?

28. Who made breakfast?

29. What did you both have for breakfast?

30. Where did you go/what happended, etc.

31. Then what did you both do?

32. Where did you go eat lunch?

33. If at home, who made lunch?

34. Then what did you do?

35. If went shopping, what did you buy? What did him/her buy?

36. Who cooked dinner?

37. What did you have for dinner?

38. Then what did you do?

39. Who went to bed first?

40. What time?

41. When is his/her birthday?

42. What did you give him/her on his/her birthday?
43. What did your spouse give you on your birthday?

44. Did you spend Christmas/Hannakan/Eid, or other recent holiday together?

45. What did your spouse give you on that holiday?

46. What did you give your spouse?

47. When was the last vacation together? Where did you go?

48. What did you do on your vacation?

49. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?

50. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.

51. What type of music do you enjoy? What type of music does your spouse enjoy?

52. What kind of movies do you enjoy? What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?

53. Who cooks the the meals at home?

54. What is your spouse favorite food? What is your favorite food?

55. Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?

56. What kind of books do you read?

57. What kind of books does your spouse read?

58. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.

59. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?

60. Are your parents aware of your relationship? If not, why not?

61. Are his/her parents aware of your relationship? If not, why not?

62. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the last family function/holiday/day off you whnere together?

63. Have you or your spouse been married before?

64. Why was that relationship dissolved?

65. Do you have any children from your current relationship or marriage?

66. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.

67. What relatives do you have in Canada?

68. What are their names and where do they live?

69. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?

70. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?

71. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

72. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?

73. What will you do when you go to Canada'?

74. Why did you decide to enter in a common-law relationship with your spouse?

75. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?

76. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?

77. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.

78. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?

79. Does your spouse support you financially?

80. Do you support your spouse financially?

81. How many bedrroms are in your house? How many washrooms?

82. How many other rooms?

83. Who lives with you?

84. Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them?

85. Who lives with you?

86. How many televions are in your house?

87. Where are they located?

88. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

89. Do you have furniture in your bedroom? What?

90. Where is it located in the bedroom?

91. What type of floor is in your bedroom?

92. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his/her clothes? Where are the bathrooms towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?

93. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?

94. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?

95. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?

96. At what time did you go to bed? Who went first?

97. Did you have air conditiong or heater on?
98. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?

99. Did your spouse take a shower?

100. Did you come to the interview together? Who drove/

101. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?

102. Does you husband wear boxes or briefs?

103. Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

104. Does you brush her teeth before or after breakfast?

105. What kind of cologne do you use?

106. What kind does your spouse use?

107. Where do you have your hair cut?

108. Where does you spouse?

109. Where is your major scar?

110. What was its cause?

111. Where is your spouse major scar?

112. What was its cause?

113. Do you take any medication? What?

114. Does your spouse take any medication, and if so what?

115. Who is your doctor?

116. Who is your spouse doctor?

117. When is the last time you went out with your best friend?

118. Who is your spouse best friend?

119. Whe is the time your spouse went outwith her best friend?

120. Do you own your house or rent?

121. How much is the rent/ mortgage?

122. What is the day the rent/mortgage gets paid?

123. How much was your last hydro bill?

124. What is your favorite hobby?

125. What is your spouse favorite hobby?

126. What are the names of your spouse's parents?

127. Where do they live?

128. Have you met them? When and where?

129. When was the las time you talked to them?

130. How many siblings does your spouse have?

131. Have you met any of them? Which ones/

132. What is the favorite food/dish that your spouse makes?

133. What is your spouse's favorite food/dish that you make?

134. Do you have any car together?

135. What kind of car(s) do you own?

136. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of bank account? (checking, savings).

137. Are you both listed on the account?

138. Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy of it?

139. Do you own propoerty together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?

140. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?

141. Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?

142. Do you have any utility bills, or ceipts from items you have purchased together?

143. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living as husband an wife?

144. Did you and the sponsor attend any weddings or functions together?

145. When was the last time you and your spouse had intimacy?

146. Do you use any birth control? If so, Which one?

147. What is your favorite color? What is his/her?

148. What was his/her favorite suject in school?

149. What was his/her favorite toy or game as a child?

150. What song would remind him/her of your relationship?

151. What would he/she say is his/her best skill?

152. What is his/ her favorite?

a)   Movie
b)   Song
c)   Singer
d)   Actor/Actress
e)   T.V. Show
f)   Color
g)   Car
h)   Neigborhood
i)   Food
j)   Sport
k)   Radio station

153. If I refuse this application w hat will you do?

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:39pm
omg thanks alot theresa! :D.. 

The waiting till the interview is making me anxious. I am trying to not get to me. 

Thanks for the questions once again. it was sweet of you to find them for me. Wish me luck! :D

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:03pm
Good to know things are working out for you, Thara.

When is the interview? Good luck!

Theresa, Have you received the AiP letter yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 4:02pm
Thanks CEC. This whole process has been really hard on me because I hated not working. Wasnt able to take a nice honeymoon vacation nor change my name to my married name.

It's on the 12th. I have to pretty much reproduce all documents to prove relationship along with pay stubs of my husband, etc.  Got a headache going through all the materials again. 

Thanks for the luck. I need it and will take as much as I can get :)

ps: in regards to the OHIP. Will you be covered if you get into an accident within these 3 months? I dont understand why they make you wait that long. :( Im paying $100/month for private insurance for emergency treatment in case of accidents)

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:36pm
From what i have gathered from others who have had interviews, they don't ask all of those questions. Some people had 15 minute interviews, others have had 45 minute interviews. Everyone was successful. Don't stress, if the relationship is genuine they will know. They will grant AIP & OWP on the spot. As for the OHIP question you are not covered during the three month waiting period. The waiting period begins the date they grant AIP.

-------------
Inland Common-Law
Applied June 18,2010

Date Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:23am
Thanks Teresa. Your post make me feel so calm. :) Makes me think of my grade 4 teacher. 

Anyhoo, I am in high spirits and am sure it will go well. Lots of paperwork and photocopying.

Can't wait to share my good news by mid of this month :D

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Posted By: Vivian1985
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 9:48pm
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, very excited to see other people on the same boat as me :)

Vivian

-------------
INLAND
Aug25-10 App received by CPC-V
Oct18-10 Started processing
Mar31-11 Signed in to E-cas 1st time
June17-11 Contact by phone
June30-11 PR landed
Total: 10months 5days

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:16pm
Hi Vivian, hopefully you'll be hearing good news too.

I am just wondering if there`s any point to keep checking the E-Cas after receiving the AiP. When the background checks are done will it show it on the website?

Thanks

-------------

Posted By: Vivian1985
Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:49pm
Hi,
I actually have no clue on what's gonna happen next, I'm 2 months behind your case, so I'm just going to wait.......I did get a client history update around mid-March, and I quickly sent it back to Vegreville the next day. According to your timeline, I think I'll get my Aip (hopefully) around mid-June.
Cheers
Vivian

-------------
INLAND
Aug25-10 App received by CPC-V
Oct18-10 Started processing
Mar31-11 Signed in to E-cas 1st time
June17-11 Contact by phone
June30-11 PR landed
Total: 10months 5days

Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:17pm
For those who have been following this time line thread. 

Just wanted to say, I went for my interview after 2 hours of sleep. Couldnt sleep was very nervous. My husband constantly telling me to go to sleep every time he was tossing or turning.

Anyhoooo, Got my AIP and OWP. :D 

We got the nicest and sweetest IO. She took a look at the requested documents and asked us a few questions. Commented on the photos in regards to how cute my nephew looked. 

So, it took 10 months for my AIP after the transfer! Who would have thought!!!?!??! 

Hope everyone's application goes through well. If you get transferred, pray. Pray you get a good Immigration Officer. That is what I did. :D

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 2:10pm
Thara, this is great news! Congratulations!

Did they ask you for Police Checks or any other docs after granting you the AiP?

Once again, Congrats :)

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:22pm
Hey Everyone!
We submitted our application in July 2010 and we got notified yesterday of first stage of approval and Graham was also given an open work permit as we submitted it together with the sponsorship forms. So this morning off we went to get him his SIN number and we also applied for his OHIP card, which will come to him in the beginning of August. Finally some good news after a 10 month wait! We do, however, have to submit a new police background check from him, so we're having his family back home in Ireland help us with that :)

Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:01pm
Hi canirish, what day was your application received in July?
Ours was received on the 16th. Hoping to hear something soon.
P.S. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: Connie01
Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:00pm
Hello everybody

Sent in application June 28, 2010

Started processing Sept 13, 2010

I sent everything I needed for the sponsership, medicals , background checks from Canada and homeland of my husband, open work permit application.

April 21, 2011, recieved open work permit and April 25, 2011 got a letter stating they have everything they need to finish second stage approval, so basically it is just a waiting game now....Big smile

Date Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:13am
Thanks CEC :D

I did send in the RCMP but  I was asked for a police clearance from the OPP. 

Congrats Connie. That sounds awesome. 

-------------
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Print Page | Close Window