Print Page | Close Window

its finally over

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4827
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:49am

Topic: its finally over
Posted By: lonely
Subject: its finally over
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:25am
Checked ecas today and it says decision made on my husbands case... no PPR request.... does anyone know if they would send it out with the decision letter???? Please I am freaking out....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
sponsorship approved may 11
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1
apps in process june 23. inter. Nov8 DM Nov 16

Replies:
Posted By: gulata
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:48am
Hi lonely,
does it says in your ecas medical reieved? it might be good news. good luck

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:49am
i went through different forums and they may send the ppr with the decision letter as well

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
It didnt say anything about medicals or anything only that decision has been made and they would contact him with the decision

-------------
apps miss mar 18
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:04am
lets keep optimistic and do not get stressed out. because it can be good news. i don't know. everything is possible with immigration. may be they made a decision right away after interview. they process some people in paris within 10 days.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:05am
you sayd your interview went well. right? and did they tell your husband that everything is fine? then its fine.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:08am
I am trying to stay positive. I have spent 8 months with my husband in the past 15 months so I have spent quality time with him. I have just seen others that have married Tunisians and they all were denied so I guess that is what I am expecting also..

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: citronela
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:01am
the PPR is sent with the decision letter, so they don't give information concerning the decision which was made. if you gave them an email-adres check this adress and also maybe the spamfilter. 

Posted By: Cuds
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:06am
Did they say anything during your husbands interview (which was very recently right?) about the waiting time after the interview?

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:21am
the woman said after the interview that if he heard from them in 1-2 months it would be a denial and 3-4 would be an approval

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:29am
so they didnt ask for yours ? they sent it with your decision letter???? If so then this gives me a little hope.. thanks

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by lonely lonely wrote:

so they didnt ask for yours ? they sent it with your decision letter???? If so then this gives me a little hope.. thanks
sorry this is for citronella

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: citronela
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:37am
Hello it is saying the following on ecas. 

Permanent Residence 

We started processing xxxxxx application on October 4, 2010. 

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxxxxx concerning this decision.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by citronela citronela wrote:

Hello it is saying the following on ecas. 

Permanent Residence 

We started processing xxxxxx application on October 4, 2010. 

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxxxxx concerning this decision.

That's exactly what mine said .. well ... another date of course. I had an email in my junk mail, stating "visa is ready to be issued" with an attachment on how to obtain the actual visa. 

Paris needed 15 days to process our application, but we went through Paris and not Tunis. As I understand applications from applicants from Tunesia, don't stay in Paris. 

Citronela - was your application in Paris or Tunis?

Anyways - good luck Lonely!!!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:05am
Crymy husbands apps were in Paris cause Tunis does not do PR apps only visitors, urs said medicals recieved on ecas but not my husbands...

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: Megen
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:33pm
Lonely,

When my ecas updated it said "Decision Made" roughly 24 hours later I had an email from Buffalo requesting my passport. I was pretty much freaking out in that 24 hour period! So keep optimistic :)

-------------
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:55pm
Given the amount of time you spent together, I too would suggest remaining optimistic. Either way, you will know relatively soon so there is no need to panic.

I hope it goes well, and, frankly, I have the sense it will -- again, that amount of time together is actually unusual and in itself very strong evidence. (And in the meantime, though it has been over two years ago now, my eCas was not even updated until after I had received the PPR letter! and overall, over the last three years I have seen many widely varying reports of what eCas reported at this stage -- in other words, I would NOT focus much on precisely how it is posted in eCas, just know a decision has been made.)

Of course the CBC documentary last night about fraudulent marriages illustrates the extent to which the sponsored PR app process is being scrutinized, politically and by the public in general. The program largely (but not exclusively) focused on younger African males marrying older Canadian women. Near the end there was at least a hint that the Minister is indeed thinking of asking Parliament to change the law to require a "conditional" period for sponsored partner PR. Will not affect applications in process, I'd think, but this is a clue as to how much pressure there is on the Canadian government to crack down . . . and we all know that any so-called crackdown is likely to have a more detrimental impact on legitimate couples, on the innocent.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Posted By: sierra
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:16pm
Hi Lonely,

I hope the best for your approval.

To give you my experience. (same set up).

I happened to check e-cas and it said decision made. They said that the sponsored (my husband) would be contacted. So- I checked his email. He received almost at the same moment an email advising him of the approval and how to proceed for the passport request. I don't think we ever received a phone call or snail mail.

-L

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:14pm
hey everyone, well i am trying to be positive but it is hard. It has been 3 days now since decision made and no emails or anything from Paris so I am prepared for my husbands letter to not be a good one. I just don't understand this whole immigration process and how it is all canadian but so many different ways of dealing with each case. I sit here and watch many people go through this and have no promblem and then so many others have such a hard and hurtfull time of it. We can send in as much proof as we want and most of the time this doesnt matter. as far as my husband goes well if they could be with us then they would see how things really are. also most of other apps also. I can honestly say that with my apps I gave them more than enough proof in writing and am waiting now to see if it was enough. My husband answered every question at the interview with his heart so I guess next week we will see how it turned out. Not to optimistic about a good letter.... Good Luck to all those still waiting..... my prayers are with you....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:22pm
Lonely -- keep thinking positively...  "put it out there" that everything will come to the best possible conclusion!  My thoughts are with you while you go through the torture of waiting...  hopefully when you write next, you'll have great news to share with us all!!!!

-------------
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:45pm
I checked with immigrer.com and some people really get decision made with paris and no email. there are few that are waiting for brune (so called passport request) via letter. Did you try to ask them via email?

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 2:34pm
No I didnt I am just sitting here waiting to see what this letter has to say.. my husband should get it by wed. next week so just go crazy until then.....Wink

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:31pm
Hey everyone, hope all is good... well  its been almost 2 weeks since DM and my husband still has no letter... the last letter he recieved only took 8 days but taking longer this time... this waiting and not knowing the decision is worse then the apps....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:32pm
It is worse!

They may have changed it to DM before sending the letter out :(

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:35pm
I am telling you the way they do things is WRONG... they should see that we have enough stress with the whole process and should make the end a little faster and not so stressful.. maybe this week we will know...

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:36pm
I think every office should send the PPR by e-mail.

Then if you don't get it by e-mail, you know you have bad news. Then you at least know.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:38pm
thats so true but like i told my husband if he sees a small letter it most likely is bad but if its a big one then he can be happy

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:39pm
Are you sure that's true?

My PPR e-mail was pretty short and to the point. The letter may just be small as well.

I could be wrong though, of course.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:42pm
i dont know but i did find out that paris had to send everything to Tunis to be completed because he cant send out his pp.... waiting sucks

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 4:43pm
Well hopefully you get good news soon. :)

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:41am
Hey everyone, well 2 weeks today since DM and still no letter. I am going crazy wondering what is going on and what is taking so long to mail out a letter.......

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:50am
Hi,
are you cehcking also your husband email? may be they sent something to him?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:52am

and one more thing is still your ecas showing only decision has been made and you will be contacted? nothing about medical received?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:56pm
nothing in either emails and it just says that a decision has been made on his case and that they will contact him. LOL as far as the medical part they have 3 different ones and they were all sent with his apps in march, so I don't know what is going on. I emailed Paris and hoping they will reply and let me know what is going on...

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:46pm
Hi,
any news from Paris?

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:56pm
sent them an email 2 days ago and they replied today with they will be contacting me and my husband shortly about his apps and if i wanted to corresponde anymore i had to put in his new id number or it would slow down his processing of his apps... i thought after dm the processing was over...... not sure what they mean by that...

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:56pm
I honestly can't imagine why the letter is taking so long to get to him.  Are you sure they have the correct address?  When you sent the email did you tell them that your eCAS showed DM more than two weeks ago and he still has nothing in the mail?  The reason I ask is because that letter is time sensitive . . . if they don't have his passport yet, they'll be asking for it and giving him a deadline to get it to them.  So it's really important that you guys get that letter.  You might get in touch with your MP and have their assistant make an inquiry for you - be sure they know exactly what's happening - that it's been showing DM, and for how long, and you still haven't gotten an email or a letter in the mail.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:29pm
yes when i emailed them i told them that it had been 2 weeks since DM and all they replied was that they would get to us shortly so not sure what this means unless it is a denial and they just arent in any hurry.. I can't figure this immigration thing out at all. It is so different for every case and it shouldnt be.. all visa offices should be the same but they are not... it took tunisianbride 5 weeks to get her letter and it was a denial so maybe thats our case also. I really dont know. no medicals recieved and no ppr so i don't know... maybe i am looking at an ADR..Cry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 8:38am
 Hey everyone, well I am wondering what is going on because it has been 1 month now since interview and 3 weeks since DM and still nothing from Paris... I emailed and they replied they would get in touch with us shortly.... ummmmmm this is worse then waiting for the process.... what is taking them so long??????Confused

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 8:41am
Again - get your MP involved.  The information in the letter you're waiting for could be time sensitive - you need to find out why you haven't gotten it yet, or at least have the MP ask them to send another copy!  Even our refusal letter was received within 2 weeks, and if it's a refusal, you'd be receiving a separate letter from the one mailed to your husband.  You'd think at least one of them would be delivered by now. 

Seriously, in the almost 4 years that we were wrapped up in all of this mess, we heard so many conflicting things.  Everyone we talked to at CIC told us something different.  The MP's office is where you go to get this sorted out.  Don't delay any longer - it's not in your best interest to be "patient" for a month or more.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:44pm
well nothing yet from paris, 1 month yesterday since interview, mp and lawyer cannot find out anything and have sent another email so not sure what to do....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 4:23pm
Sadly, I think this is a case of 'hurry up and wait'...  :(
Thinking about you - and hoping things turn out ok in the end.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 1:32pm
Talked to my lawyer and he seems to think that I have no worries and that from the shortness of my husband's interview that we will be approved. It is now 1 month since DM and still no letter yet but still hoping it will come before xmas.....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:49pm
I went back to your very first post in this thread and you were asking whether the decision made letter and passport request come at the same time.  Don't know whether that was ever answered definitively because I didn't read through all the responses - they went off track for a bit when someone asked if your eCAS showed "Medicals Received" (which was, basically, irrelevant).  Anyway, my Decision Made letter and passport request were one in the same: "It appears processing of your application for permanent residence has been completed.  You are required to submit your passports . . . ."   My letter had a deadline for submitting our passports - so I think you are being WAY TOO PATIENT about receiving this letter.  If it has been misdirected by the post office and he misses the submission date, it's going to be a huge hassle.  Most letters give applicants 45 days to submit a passport - mine only gave me 3 weeks!  Have you contacted your MP's office yet, as I suggested earlier, to ask them to contact CIC and see if they will send another copy of the letter?  Or at least to find out when it went out and what address it was mailed to.  That's the type of stuff the MP's office can do for you without a huge hassle.  CIC will talk with an assistant to the MP - you don't even have to meet with the MP.  Honestly, if you haven't done this yet, please contact your MP's office today - tell them you've been waiting for a decision letter now for over a month and you're worried it has been misdirected.  They will contact the Minister's office who will contact the Embassy and ask them to send another - or even to email the info to you.  You can't afford to be patient any longer.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:28pm
Thanks Robsluv, I have taken your advice and now have my MP on the case. They have sent a request to Paris today and hope to find out what is going on this week.... Big smile

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:21pm
Hey everyone well my MP emailed me today and Paris has sent them an email to tell them that yes they have made a decision and have not sent the letter out yet. They said they will be sending it shortly. lol they told me that 3 weeks ago.... They also said that they cannot say what is in the case until after the letter has been sent. so can anyone tell me WTF is going on?????? Why are they delaying this?

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 2:08pm
wow I am sorry to hear you still haven't received anything (since nothing is send yet?!?!?!) 

I can't imagine how you are feeling

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:41pm
I am not sure myself what I am feeling... I watch the forum and see everyone having such quick replies with their letters and I will now have to wait until after the New Year..... doesnt really seem fair but what can I do???Cry wishing everyone Happy Holidays.

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON????? I CAN"T GET ANY NEWS ON MY HUSBANDS CASE... PARIS JUST KEEPS SAYING THAT THEY WILL CONTACT HIM SHORTLY>> HOW LONG IS SHORTLY??? I AM GOING CRAZY AND IT IS ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL XMAS AND I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THIS. DEPRESSION HAS SET IN AND JUST GETTING WORSE....CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
none of us can possibly know, sorry. you just have to wait, unfortunately. wait and after the holidays have the MP inquire again

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 6:45pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE, recieved an email from Paris yesterday and they told me that they are just waiting to get the files back from Tuniis so I guess that they ae doing my husbands background checks now and his medical. They also said that they expect to get his file back from Tunis in early January so I am hoping that this is good news.....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:49am
Lonely,

Great news that you finally heard from Paris! :) Happy New Year!

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 9:54pm
Hey everyone, well 2 months tomorrow since my husbands interview and still no letter. OMG I cant believe what they do to people. I am so Happy for the ones who are getting somewhere. I am just sitting here waiting for my turn to scream and finally be happy.... Hope everyone had a good New Year.Big smile

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 6:11am
Do not get upset. It will be all right. I am going through different forums and it seems to me that you will be fine.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:43pm
AngryHey everyone, well recieved an email from my MP today and I am just about ready to jump, this is what the email said::: I  just spoke CIC and have been advised that the “original” file had to be sent to Tunisia in order to conduct the interview.  Then after that was processed and documented, that the “original” file then had to be re-sent back to Paris as the Paris office is overlooking the file.  It is in queue to be processed at the Paris office.  Again, the officer was not able to give me an update until a letter was processed and sent to you, however it was stated that a letter should be sent shortly.  It is with regret that I am unable to give you any further information at this time.  Please advise if in the meantime you receive anything further.  Angry

can anyone tell me WTF is going on???? I have heard this word SHORTLY since Nov........ Getting really frustrated and not sure what to think anymore. Please let me know what you think... Thanks Angry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 10:14am
Any update, lonely?

CIC is rolling out some software application changes to their sites - hopefully this doesn't affect anything.

Still waiting to hhear some good news from you. 

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 6:32pm
HEY everyone, well no news yet still playing the stupid waiting game, going on 3 months now so not sure what is going on and my MP has emailed them 2 times and they keep saying the same thing that they will contact us shortly.Angry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 3:26pm
curious to see when they will let you know something lonely

Hang in there

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:21pm
Hey everyone it will be 3 months next Tuesday and still no letter. Even my MP can't get anywhere with them. Hoping this will soon be over so I can start to live life..Smile

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:31pm
I totally know how you feel.  Keep the faith and live your life as best you can in the interim.  Don't let them defeat you.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 1:49am
may be your husband file is going through security check and thats why its taking long. there might be an hope.

Posted By: Victory
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:20pm
Why don't you order Caips Lonely?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 6:12pm
Hey everyone, well still no news and I am hoping soon this will be over. This is such a stressful time and pray it is over soon. Hope all are getting good news and will let you know when I get mine..

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 10:31am
Hey lonely...  still sending you good positive energy. 
Good news should be on the horizon!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:44pm
any word, lonely?

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:44pm

Hey everyone, well still hanging in there..... no word yet but should be hearing in the next week. their time is running out... it will be 4 months tuesday and that is their limit. It will be 1 year on march 18 so yah its about time we heard something. hope all is going better than mine...

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: MrsI
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 7:50pm

I am still and still waiting for PPR, as you do lonely, well, good luck to you, to everyone waiting and to me, too.

Let's hope the coming week brings us good news.

Good luck to all!

Posted By: love
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 8:34am
i wish i found this forum before i started sponsoring my tunisian husband. i felt alone and sometimes frustrated during the long long long wait. any how, i too still waiting for ppr almost 3 months now. it is going to be a year in apr. 19. i hope they send the approval soon to all of us

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 5:14pm
hello love, well I don't know what to say. This has been very hard and it has been 4 months today for us. it will be 1 year march 18. I don't know what the hold up is. my MP couldn't even get anything from Paris. I have sent many emails and still nothing. I am hoping that things will soon happen because this is terrible what they are doing..

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:34am
we have to be optimistic and hope for the best.  i am guessing the dealy is due to what happened in tunisian government. they might not send ppr until the situation is stable in tunis. this is only my gu

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:38am
oops i send reply and did not finish my sentence. i was going to say. this is only my guess and i hope i am wrong and they send it fast

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 9:18am
Any news, lonely?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 11:54am
Hey everyone well its been 376 days now and still nothing. I don't know what is going on. My MP can't even get anywhere with them. All they keep saying is that they will contact us shortly. lol I have heard that now for almost 5 months so I am not sure what shortly is to them.  I have sent many emails to Paris and no reply. and so has my MP. I have sent for CAIPS and just waiting. Hope everyone else is doing better then I am. CryAngry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:27pm
Lonely,
My heart goes out to you! It must be hard, but remember we are all thinking of you and wishing that you will get your PR soon. Stay strong! :)

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Posted By: wenita
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 5:53pm
Hi, Lonely

I have been reading about your case and it just breaks my heart how you have to suffer through that.
I am not, too, forced to be apart from my husband. i know it's painful ): I expect my case to be long )': seeing as I will need ARC to get back to Canada

anyways, any news?

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 3:36pm
Lonely?  Please tell me you have a positive update for us all... 

-------------

Posted By: Alex121
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:14pm
Hi, Lonely
I have been reading your case and its just soo sad, we all have to go through the waiting game, you need to be patient, but hopefully soon the waiting game will end for you, wish u all the best and GOOD LUCK Alex

-------------
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 5:55pm
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry Harmonia I wish I had a positive update but NOOOOO I am still waiting. It will be 5 months friday waiting for the decision and my MP,MLA and lawyer are getting nothing. Not sure wtf is taking so long to send a letter.....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:18pm
OMG that's terrible.  I would have a hard time not showing up at the CIC offices on a daily basis...  not a good idea if you're angry, sad, and tired...

Surprised that your MP wasn't able to get a response... Generalyl speaking when the MP asks, they get an answer quickly (and yeah, yours was 'a letter will be sent').  Have you gone back to them to see if they can do anything , given that it's been so long now... (changeover of gov't isn't helping things move, I bet).

How are you and hubby holding up? 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:10pm
I would only get into alot of trouble if i went to the offices in the mood i am in nowAngryOuch... I have 3 members of government on them now so lets see what that does. Well after 8 thousand so far in phone bills lol we r still strong and getting stonger by the second. It will take more than this BS to break us.... If this is what they are waiting for they might as well give up because no one can tear us apart... My lawyer is on it also so will see if anything happens..... Going through all this only makes some couples stronger.... Not giving up and will fight everyday until he is finally with me Big smile.. Hope everyone else is doing ok....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:03am
Keep it up! Sounds like you are growing closer as a couple! 
You need to invest in Skype, my friend.  It's free - and will really ease up on the phone bills...

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:41am
HEY EVERYONE Confused WELL IT HAS BEEN 56 WEEKS TODAY SINCE I STARTED THIS BS AND STILL NO NEWS ON WHAT THE DECISION IS. I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH MY HUSBANDS FILE BUT I HOPE THEY SOON SEND US THE LETTER SO WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.... OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING......

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:01am
AngryAngryAngryAngry Hey everyone, well it's been 6 months now and still no letter or email on what the decion is on my husbands case.. OMG I don't know what they are doing... My lawyer tells me to wait another month or so and see what happens but this is rediculous what they are doing. Has anyone ever seen them taking this long to send out the DM letter????? I contacted my MP again today and have sent many emails to Paris and nothing. I am at the end of my rope and want this to be over...CryCry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:02am
I am so sorry to hear that things are dragging on this long...  I can imagine how frustrating it is to have no viable means to contact Paris -- email is only effective if they answer you.  Hang in there, lonely -- something's got to happen soon! 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:37am
Hang in there ..

I cannot believe you are dealing with the same Paris office as we dealt with. They were quick and efficient for us (and I read the same about dozens of other cases being processed there), which makes me think maybe their office in Tunesia has something to do with it?

Keep us posted!

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:08pm
waited 6 months just to get fking denied!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:31pm
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I opened this thread hoping you had a positive update...

-------------
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:29pm
I'm so sorry.  Cry  Believe me, I know just how you feel - it feels like a death.  But it isn't one.  There is still hope - but, for sure, more waiting to get there. 

What did they give for a reason?

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:08pm
all it said in the letter was that in his interview there was a topic that they asked him about and his answers didnt convince them and that he is just using me for visa....  oh believe me they have made a huge mistake cause i can't wait to go in front of a judge... i am all ready for this. any tips on what i need ??? thanx

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:00pm
Oh Lonely, My heart goes out to you :( I am so sorry this has happened! I hope the next step goes smoothly for you. Long road ahead, but I know you can do it!

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Posted By: borrego
Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:20pm
You might lost a battle, but not the war lonely.

No matter what they say you and your husband have to show them that they are wrong.
Keep strong and your head up, dont get down and fight for what you want.
I wish you the best.

Posted By: Alex121
Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:27pm
I cant believe this at least they could have notified you right away so you can start the appeal process, but now theres nothing you can do besides fight I know you may feel bad but rememeber at the end of every tunnel theres a rainbow waiting for you and your spouse. Wish u all the best and hope everything goes well
GOOD LUCK

-------------
Have faith until the last breath, remember your faith can be as big that it can move mountains :)

Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:31pm
Thanx everyone for the well wishes and believe me I am strong.... My husband is hurting worse then me just because I was prepared for this and when i go for my appeal I am going for all who are going through this BS..... What they don't know is when we got married my husband was going to burn my passport so I couldnt leave and that he never wanted to come to Canada.. I have many people to stand up for this so lets see what happens it should be good...... I used to be proud to be a Canadian but now not so much.... to much racism in this world and now that I have seen so many Tunisians denied I will stand for them....

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:22am

oh my god. i can not believe what they are doing to you. i am in shockCryCry be strong and fight for your right. i look up at you and wish you the best.

Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:42am
I am ok and will win this fight... it states in my husbands letter that if I can prove we are genuine then his visa is waiting so I have most of my family and friends going with me to tell them that they have all talked to my husband and he has told them all that he wanted to burn my passport and wanted me to live there and that it was my choice to bring him to Canada because of my health and for my family.. My husband never wanted to come to Canada he has always wanted me to stay there with him but when I am there I get very sick. so I am sure I can prove the officer wrong and my husband will be here soon......

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Posted By: sugahmonstah
Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:00am
Are you sure talking about him wanting to burn your passport is a good idea?

I personally...would focus on showing the relationship is genuine like stated bring family let them talk about you as a couple....the whole passport burning thing seems pretty aggressive! Lol...jus sayin'

Talk about love and plans for your life together and memories and things you do and plan to do....don't just focus on that whole arson thing. Is it even legal to burn a canadian passport?   I understand he did it out of passion but I'm not sure if immigration will see it that way....focus more on your marriage and less on how he doesn't even want to be in canada....imo.

-------------
Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
Sponsor approved 01/17/2011
Received Buffalo 01/26/2011
Applied for VR extension 03/14/2011
extension approved until MAY 2013!!! 05/09/2011

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:57am
I echo concerns about the "burning" your passport stuff. To actually do that would of course be a criminal act (against Canada, by the way, if your passport is a Canadian passport, since a Canadian passport is the property of Canada, not the passport "holder") and inherently abusive, and does not reflect all that well on the person uttering the threat.

While to you it sends a message about the strength of his intentions toward you and especially as to the level of his commitment, to a stranger (and bureaucrats are always strangers) it suggests either histrionics (an overly dramatic display) or, if taken seriously, an inappropriate possessive if not aggressive attitude.

Focus on hard facts that illustrate the level of involvement in each other's lives (physical contact a priority, extent of communication otherwise looming very large), and also on his level of attention to (and command of) the details in your life, your family, your history, your work, your living arrangements.

Personal exhortations of love (or commitment) are not worth a whole lot. Acts, and interest shown by acts and knowledge (about each other and each other's lives), weigh far more.

It is worth remembering, again, your objective is to persuade strangers. Step back from the evidence and try to see things like ordinary bureaucrats might. You know, you believe, so you see the facts in a different light than a skeptical stranger, a doubting bureaucrat will. It is not easy, but try to see things more through their eyes, and again recognize that facts, that is the what, when, who, where, how and so on, count a lot more and especially so when a whole lot of facts can be lined up showing acts and communication and attention reflecting a committed relationship. Not at all easy to do in a long, long distance relationship. That's the challenge. It takes some substantial effort, an almost daily effort probably. That's how it is though. But it is the rest of your lives hanging in the balance and if you both know what you want, the way there may be hard but you can do it. And when you have made it, you'll know how hard you worked to get there, and perhaps be able to cherish what you then have with each other more than you would have otherwise.   

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Date Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:44pm
I completely agree with dpenabill - and wanted to add that your family and friends will not be allowed to attend the hearing and speak on behalf of your relationship.  In fact, involving family and friends could actually work against you.  Immigration Canada looks at it this way: someone who is using a relationship to get into Canada is not going to succeed without "snowing" the sponsor and all of their family members and friends.  If Minister's counsel could get any of your family members or friends to admit to having ever had doubts (and who wouldn't about a long distance relationship - shoot, my hubby's friends had doubts about us just because I lived in California and he was 2700 miles away in Ontario!) they would use that to support their position, rather than listening to your family/friends say they were finally "won over".  Even letters of support from them will not add anything to hard evidences of yours and his time spent together, evidences of constant communication with one another, and a sharing of life to the utmost extent it's possible to achieve under the circumstances.  Whatever you submitted with your application by way of evidences was not enough to convince the officer assessing the application - which is why an interview was required.  It's possible that there was never going to be enough evidence presented - but this is your chance, now, to add to what you originally submitted and strengthen your case before (hopefully) an unprejudiced review.

What will happen first, after you submit your request for appeal, is that Paris will be required to send a copy of your entire immigration file to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD).  This is what they refer to as the "appeal record".  Once you have that in hand (90-120 days) you can contact a lawyer and start preparing your case.  Make sure, when you get your AR, that copies of ALL of the supporting evidence you submitted is included (it probably won't be).  If anything is missing, replace those proofs from your records.  In addition, start collecting any evidences you've obtained since you submitted the application - phone records from both of you showing calls made to each other, letters, emails, chats, proof of your visits to him (I'd strongly suggest you take a trip to see him again, especially if you haven't recently) and photos of those visits.  Bulk up what you already presented.  Depending on which IAD handles your case (that's determined by your Province), it could take up to a year for you to be scheduled (probably) for an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) hearing.  This is how they normally propose to resolve MOC appeals.  You and your attorney meet with the attorney for the Minister of CIC (Minister's counsel), and a mediator, and together you are supposed to go over the merits of both sides and the mediator then makes a recommendation to Minister's counsel as to how strong they feel your case is.  If the mediator feels that your case would be allowed at a full appeal hearing (before a panel member who acts as a Judge), s/he will recommend that MC "consents" to allow the appeal without going to hearing.  If they mediator feels that CIC's case is stronger, they will not recommend "consent" and you will be given a choice to abandon the appeal or go to a full hearing to be heard by a panel member.  The thing to be aware of for an ADR is that Minister's counsel pretty much runs the show.  Some MCs do not even let your counsel speak, and even if the mediator recommends "consent" - MC does not have to agree and can still refuse (this is what happened to us). 

If this happens and you choose to go to full hearing, you could wait another year - again, depending on the IAD office handling your case.  But at a full hearing, you and your counsel are more on a level playing field with Minister's counsel.  The "panel member" who oversees the hearing makes the final decision based on hearing both sides and "judging" who makes the stronger case.  It's also important to know that MOC appeals can be "allowed" based on Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration - embassy officers do not have H&C discretion . . . so this is where personal feelings, dreams, hopes have a voice.  It is not all about the hard evidences at either the ADR or the full appeal hearing - but the hard evidences must still be there to back up your belief in this man and this relationship.  I hope that makes sense.

It will be a hard, frustrating road but if you guys are the real deal, you'll make it through.  Just be prepared that the next little while will feel like a chess game where you make your move and then wait for what feels like an eternity for them to make theirs. 

The one positive in this is that CIC has just introduced a new pilot program for what happens to cases once an appeal is allowed.  It has been that the application then went back to the overseas embassy that refused it, to be reassessed.  That is not happening in this new program.  All allowed appeals are to go to a processing office in Ottawa where they will be reassessed and finalized.  The objective is to eliminate some of the terribly long waits that some families have had to endure even after proving their case and winning appeal.  For us it was 10 months to refusal, 11 months to the ADR, 13 months after that to the full appeal, and then another 10 months for reprocessing.  All in all, from the time we submitted the application until the passport request finally came through - 3 years, 8 months and 16 days.  And then another 2 months exactly until landing.  Hopefully this new program for reprocessing will at least cut down on the wait once things are resolved.

Best of luck to you - join the http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8&title=iad-appeals-adrs-federal-court-judicial-review - IAD appeals thread here for support and more info - and keep believing.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 11:53am
Lonely...
I am *so* sorry about the denial.  You have to fight this.  Be strong.
Remember why you started the process in the first place - because you love each other and want to be together.  I am certaing that, more than ever, this is still true.

I'm saddened by the fact that it took 6 months for them to tell you, which just adds unnecessary wait time to your already agonizing situation.

If your love is true, and your marriage strong - it is worth every minute of the fight.  I know that right now feelings can be bruised, and you've both had a lot of time to form resentment towards 'the process'.   You're going to have let it go, and move forward with stage 2 of your fight. 

As other have suggested, I agree with the 'probably not a good idea to mention that your husband wanted to burn your passport'.  Also - it probably not a good idea to say that he never wanted to come to Canada in the first place.  I'm sure that your case will go much better if he truly wants to be here. 

Anyhow - I understand your situation, and really hope that you can make it through to the end. 

I'm pulling for ya!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:48pm
Hey everyone well I am officially pissed off.... lastnight because of my husbands denial my dad was upset and ended up having a very bad stroke. so now to top off everything i have to wait for the next 24 hours to see if he will make it through or not. I hate immigration and our so called Canadian government.

-------------
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1

Print Page | Close Window