Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48079
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:11pm

Topic: Invalid student visa?
Posted By: Biyyp
Subject: Invalid student visa?
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 11:45pm
I have a friend who came from Pakistan 3 months ago on a student visa to Canada. Her entire process has been under the guidance of her "consultant" who works in a Pakistani board of tourism office.

After the guidance she has received from this consultant, it seems to be her visa might potentially be invalid. The consultant suggested she move provinces and begin working to have more money for college (the consultant said that the money she was bringing from Pakistan would be enough, and it IS NOT ENOUGH). The past few months she has been working full time to save for university.

Obviously now with research it seems this will invalidate her visa...

What can she do now??!!! Please help.

Various consultants and lawyers have suggested for her to file for asylum(refugee), others tell her to apply for a visitor or work visas, and another says to reapply for a student visa. There is no clear guidance.

She has spent her 33 years of life in Pakistan and her knowledge of this immigration is limited, so she is at the mercy of all these "consultants".

It is agonizing seeing her worry, and I'm asking advice on what can she do to be in Canada LEGALLY.

I truly appreciate legitimate advice

Print Page | Close Window