Print Page | Close Window

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:34pm

Topic: Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers
Posted By: Carmenuta
Subject: Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:24pm
Hi, everyone. I'm so happy we've got a new, CLEAN, forum! Yay! To continue the topic started in the other forum... this is about those live-in-caregivers who are single (no dependants) and who've recently applied. As i mentioned in the other forum... I applied for PR as well as for OWP on the 18th of September and my application for PR has been in process. 2 months have gone by and I'm waiting patiently for some kind of answer... Please, take time to read and feel free to share experiences with us here! Thank you! This is year 2009, by the way!

Replies:
Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:25am
Hi Carmen,

I didn't know you started this thread. I should probably move the link to your previous posts here. I placed it in the same group (work) as before on the old site.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:14pm
That's ok. I'm totally pleased with this forum. It looks nice, and it's a lot brighter. I'm impressed, what can I say. You still hanging in there??

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Carmenuta Carmenuta wrote:

That's ok. I'm totally pleased with this forum. It looks nice, and it's a lot brighter. I'm impressed, what can I say. You still hanging in there??

Yup. I have to. I'll be here for a looooonggggggg time. I am not complaining. I am learning everyday.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:44pm
Hey, J. How did you post a picture here? Can't find how to do it myself...

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:18pm
Click the emoticons beside the "Message:" (top of screen of "Quick Reply" window) or when you click "reply", the emoticons are displayed on the left hand side of the the "Reply Window"

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:59pm
Beautiful day out today. I was so happy. I went out to "pick up" some sunshine in a bottle :)... so to speak. It was awesome!

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:47pm

Hey, J. How did you post a picture here? Can't find how to do it myself...

You know, we can even use our pictures as our avatars

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:50pm

Beautiful day out today. I was so happy. I went out to "pick up" some sunshine in a bottle :)... so to speak. It was awesome!

You make me smile Carmen Where we are, it stopped raining but the sun was still hiding.

I hope deewai joins us soon. And the people who are actually undergoing their OWP/PR application under the live in caregiver class.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:43pm
Yay! Good! Yeah, me too... I hope Deewai will join us as well as others.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:03pm
So, today is Tuesday again. Another day for the tables to change. I hope they stay the same length of time or less.

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:12pm
Quote Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.(Carl Sandburg)

Love your signature my friend.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
OH, YES!!! 5-6 months for those up to 30th of May!!! Yaayy! I love this! Thank you J, I'm not weeping now, but the day's not over with so . I just thought i'd send a hug! I really wish people would do that more often. It has such a healing effect.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:45pm
Yeah... winter is definitely here. It's so sunny outside today and everything is covered in frost... Christmas, where are you?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:40pm
Good morning, people. I'm just bumping up the thread a bit, so it doesn't get lost. Beautiful days, these three days... beautiful sunrises and beautiful sunsets, and lovely evenings, with full moon and sparkly frost. I sigh at the thought of having my own place and just resting and having a HOME. A good day to all of you!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm

Good morning, people. I'm just bumping up the thread a bit, so it doesn't get lost. Beautiful days, these three days... beautiful sunrises and beautiful sunsets, and lovely evenings, with full moon and sparkly frost. I sigh at the thought of having my own place and just resting and having a HOME. A good day to all of you!

Great morning indeed, Carmen Pretty soon my friend. All those within your grasp. Giving you hug friend.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:00pm
Oh, thank you, J! Hug back at you !

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:04am
So, tonight, I had a Christmas party with Arthur Murray Dance people. We went to this restaurant in Burnaby and danced our hearts out :-). It was an escape for me from thinking about the PR processing and everything. To my surprise, I found out one of the students there, a female, my age, from Check Republic came here as a nanny herself and she was at the dance with her partner. We just talked and shared experiences. I found out that, for herself, at the time, and she was single (no dependants) the process for PR took quite a while. Apparently, one of the agents misplaced her file and, eventually, they found it. I also found out that she got her OWP in about 6 months. All, in all, her partner told me that he's never heard of a live-in-nanny case to be unsuccessful... unless you're really sick or really have criminal record and such. In other words, he said, it's all a formality. It's about the stamp. They were also mentioning about a person who sent in the wrong papers and that person got PR and so... All this I'm sharing to encourage you guys and myself in our waiting. We should keep busy doing things while we wait. God is in control.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:46am
Great news!!!! There is light at the end of the tunnel after all

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:21pm
Always!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 11:18am
Good morning everybody!!!!Nothing like a smile to warm this clear but freezing cold day brrrr!!! Just pushing the thread up a bit, guys.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
Hi, J! It was clear here this morning, but now it's turning grey. I was able to see Mount Baker from up here though. Pretty neat view! I think we'll have some snow, soon!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:19pm
Let's see what CIC site has to say about processing today.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm
Hi Carmen,

It is soooooooooooooooo cold. I don't even want to go out to pick the paper up!!!!! Anyway, it is still pretty clear, sunny albeit bitingly cold Hope when you open CIC site, it is the present you want

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 1:46pm
I hope it will change to April this week. I should get a Miss Santa dress in the mail today... my present for me, for my dance performance at our dance school. I know it's cold. I love it though, even my face is chapped. NOt complaining... :-). It's darn right beautiful!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 2:14pm

I hope it will change to April this week. I should get a Miss Santa dress in the mail today... my present for me, for my dance performance at our dance school. I know it's cold. I love it though, even my face is chapped. NOt complaining... :-). It's darn right beautiful!

When and where is your dance performance? Is it a dance recital?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:44pm
Holy smokes... June 5 already!! That's awesome! My performance is at the Arthur Murray Studio in my area. No, it's not a recital. I do ballroom dance, and this is going to be a foxtrot!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
Oh, brother... I can't even count my months anymore. June follows after May, not April, duh. Yet, I'm happy they're moving along. Too much excitment, eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:16am
Hi Carmen,

Yes!!! May follows April How do you know which month is being processed?

J

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:18am
Oh gosh!!!! Where are my manners? Good morning Carmen. Good morning friends

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:36am
Hi, J. Goodmorning to you too! I was missing you yesterday... Well, there's a few tables on the Canadian site where you can see what month they're processing right now. Here, i'll just send the link for you...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

Hope you're having a good day!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:49pm
Was around (as always) But got tied up chatting with a friend who's in New York How time flies when you're having a good time. I feel GRREATTTT this morning!!!! Might be gloomy outside but it's how we feel inside that is important. Thanks for the link. Now I understand how come people know what day is being processed. We learn something new everyday Have a great day!!

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:25am
Another week's gone by! Let's hope for more good news next week! Have a good weekend you all!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:38pm
For a moment there, I couldn't find the thread... so I'm just bumping it up a bit!

-------------

Posted By: Minreau
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:43pm
Carmenuta, I am wondering: are you a caregiver in the country you are originally from? And if so for how long? I was considering being a caregiver.

Are live-in caregivers allowed to leave the house ever when they are caring for someone?

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm

For a moment there, I couldn't find the thread... so I'm just bumping it up a bit!

Hi Carmen,

When I left this morning, the forum is clean. Now it's again beset with lots of spam . Anyway, we know the threads we're watching so we search. Hope you're having a good day. Let me know how your fox trot went. I have two left feet.

J

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:28pm
Hi Minreau,
For your question:

"The Live-in Caregiver Program allows professional caregivers to work in Canada. Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to work without supervision in a private household providing care for children, elderly persons or people who have disabilities. The live-in caregiver must live in the employer's home.

Live-in criteria

An important requirement of the program is that employees must live in the employer's home. The Live-in Caregiver Program exists only because there is a shortage of Canadians or permanent residents to fill the need for live-in care work. There is no shortage of Canadians or permanent residents available for care giving positions where there is no live-in requirement."

But on the caregiver's days off, s/he can go where s/he wishes.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:21pm
Hi Minreau,

Sorry about the delay in responding. I don't usually get online on the weekends. I didn't exaclty understand your question but i'll try and answer to what I understood. Yes, I worked as a live-in-caregiver in my country. The situation was different (it was not a government program like here, in Canada). I worked with 10 children at a children's home.

While in Canada, while in the live-in program, you are allowed to LIVE IN the house of the people you are taking care of. If you mean, if you can leave on your time off, yes, that's allowed, and you may have friends you could spend the night over, and such, or weekends. I think J (job_seeker) did a really good job putting up the info you need.

Let us know if this makes sense.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:57am
Let's see what CIC has to say today...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:30am
Okie, CIC is moving along. They're processing applications up to June 14th. Wonderful!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
Hi, everyone! One more week to Christmas! Today's 3 months since my application. The worst has gone by, I believe. I haven't gotten any news yet, but 3 months, when I first started waiting, seemed like eternity.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, in the heart!

-------------

Posted By: babyboy
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm
I waited 20 Months before i got my PR

some of the people here have waited for 3-4 yrs before they receive their PR

and some are still waiting from 2006 up to now..CryCry

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:48pm
Were you in the live-in-caregiver program? And did you have dependants? I heard of caregivers, single caregivers, who didn't have to through the process for a long time. It depends. What i'm more interested in is my OWP, for the moment, so I can move out and start working. PR can come later. I'm not in a rush anywhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm
Applications up to 16th of June, today. That's interesting. I think they've made some changes to their site, but i'm guessing they're trying to get some work in, before Christmas, and that's neat.

Still, 16th of June... they're not moving too fast through the month of June. Anyways, holidays are here! Time to let concerns aside and feel at home.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 5:57am

Applications up to 16th of June, today. That's interesting. I think they've made some changes to their site, but i'm guessing they're trying to get some work in, before Christmas, and that's neat.

Still, 16th of June... they're not moving too fast through the month of June. Anyways, holidays are here! Time to let concerns aside and feel at home.

Hi Carmen,

Maybe more applicants in June. Time flies my friend Missing you here. Enjoy the holidays!!!!

J

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 3:04pm
Hi Carmen,

Busy during the holidays eh. Just keeping in touch my friend.

J

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:42pm
Hi, there, J and Happy Holidays! Yes, I've been pretty busy celebrating Christmas with a friend and just taking some days off work. I'm excited about things. I"m thinking 2 or 3 more months until... whatever. I look forward to getting my papers. Thank you for keeping in touch.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 8:30pm
No news today on the CIC website, but it's also the holiday season, so I'm thinking some people may be on vacation and the work load is heavier at this time as well as slower. Hopefully, we'll find out something tomorrow.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Good... at least, CIC's moving along through the month of June. Up to 22nd of June now..., but we're during the holiday season as well... more vacations, less work and such. Let's hope they'll work faster after the holidays!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:48pm
Ok! So, now the holidays are over with... let's hope to see some action here. I'm getting so anxious here... anyone anymore news yet???

J, how are you hanging in in there? How were the holidays for you?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:16pm
Hi Carmen,

Feeling great... Always optimistic . I talked to a lady friend last Saturday and she said she had received her OWP and is just waiting for her PR and according to her, her application processing took just 5 months!!!! Isn't that good news!!!! This I think is the first stage approval. BTW she is also single. Just don't forget us when you're finally free okay

J

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:10am
Of course not, my friend! Oh, that would be so wonderful to get the AIP in February!!! I spent the weekend with my really good friend here (who's a guy :-)) and he dropped me at my work. I started crying once I got to my room. I just want to settle down and have my HOME. Sometimes, I feel so overwhelmed and suffocated here. I need my HOME. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. (or us for that matter)

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 10:35pm
Ok. so CIC's almost done with the month of June. Applications being processed up to June 29th as of today. That was interesting to see them updating the page, today. They usually do it on Wednesdays. Awesome! Anyways... it's good to keep a record of that data over here as well, so it's not forgotten.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:47pm
Hey, J. How's it going? Not too many people on this thread, eh? It's still ok. Maybe someday someone will really need all the info on here.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:11pm

Hey, J. How's it going? Not too many people on this thread, eh? It's still ok. Maybe someday someone will really need all the info on here.

Hi Carmen,

The whole forum is not as active as the old one. Probably the previous or old members stopped. I know that there is a group/thread that I usually contributed to that has stopped altogether. Maybe soon the entire forum will pick up steam. Right now, it looks new and young again. It is still good to keep the thread you started going. We never know who'll come along and need the information and then somebody is there to share the needed experience. Take care my friend.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:22am
What a beautiful sunrise this morning!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:13pm
Hi Carmen,

Missing you here my friend. Hope our weather is not pulling your spirits down. Sending you warm wishes friend.

J

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 2:17pm
Hey, J. I love the rain, and the sound of it. I can't believe how warm it is!!! I just got online now. My friend just left my place :-(. We had a nice weekend together. More than anything, that's what's pulling me down. We've been looking for places (for rent) for me to live. I've already applied for a future job and have gotten a response. I'm excited to see what will come out of there. So many things to think of that kind of motivate me in my work, and yet, I'd like to know for sure what's happening on the other front. Sometimes, I do get butterflies in my tummy, sometimes i'm confident... I do struggle! Your warm wishes and thoughts help!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 11:40am
Hi, you all. I was checking the CIC website, just like I do every tuesday morning. It's moved up to July 7th. That's good. I was trying to find a pattern to their way of moving along and found that they're doing one week at a time... sometimes anyway ( I guess it depends on the amount of applications they have). They're still moving along though! That's good. The waiting game for us (who applied in September) is getting to an end, for a while now.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 4:32pm
Just bumping up the thread...

-------------

Posted By: deewai
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:16pm
whew! at last i finished reading this thread... :)
sorry j & carmen, took a long time finding the thread.. how's everybody doin?
i havent checked CAS today...

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:20pm
Hey, was going to bump it up but you beat me to it. Hope more people join here and share their experiences too.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:21pm
I know. Good for you Deewai for joining us here. I was beginning to feel lonely . The more the better! Hey, J and Deewai, CIC IS moving along. July now, eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:32pm
YES!!!! Pretty soon you and deewai will be jumping for joy (copied this emoticon from robsluv' post) Bliss. But the whole forum in general is getting busier

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:28am
Oh, no. I'm pretty sure I just saw a spammer's add... Yes, I'm excited about jumping up for joy!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 4:58pm

Oh, no. I'm pretty sure I just saw a spammer's add... Yes, I'm excited about jumping up for joy!

Yes, there were two from the same poster. Had already reported it but it is still there Anyway generally clean and helpful forum again. No more abusive posts and spam

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 5:42pm
I know. Hope it stays that way. Hey, J, I hope you have a good weekend. I'm so tired, I need this weekend to sleep the tiredness off. Let's hope next week we'll hear good news from CIC.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:31am

I know. Hope it stays that way. Hey, J, I hope you have a good weekend. I'm so tired, I need this weekend to sleep the tiredness off. Let's hope next week we'll hear good news from CIC.

Thanks Carmen. It is along day for me too (Mondays and Fridays are, I wonder why.) Been reading good news from the other thread- dependents of live in caregivers- passport requests and DMs and visas issued.

J

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:31pm
4 months of waiting for me, tomorrow. Wow, I can't believe it, already! That's awesome. If processing changes to 5 months, then by February 18th, I should hear a decision made. Sighhh! Waiting is so hard sometimes, especially when you don't know what's really going on!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:27am
hi j & carmen.. had a bday party in a friend's house last weekend so i didnt have the time to reply soon...
anyway, do i need to call CIC for me to know that they received my appli? cause im only doing it in CAS, but no record yet..
by the way, nice emoticon j...
have a good week for all of us..

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:11am
Hey, Deewai, when did you put in your application?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:55am
And here we go with another week! Everyone, courage!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:55pm
hi carmen.. im in vancouver, BC.. how about you?
i sent my application through registered mail, they received it dec 2.. but i haven't called immigration to double check if they received it though.. its only been a month..
how's everybody doin?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:19pm
Ok. I'm in vancouver as welll (Port Moody). You won't hear from CIC for another week or so. It took a month before i first heard from them. Don't worry, you're all good! I'm doing well. Call me if you want. I'll pm you my no. Let me know, k?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:24pm

Ok. I'm in vancouver as welll (Port Moody). You won't hear from CIC for another week or so. It took a month before i first heard from them. Don't worry, you're all good! I'm doing well. Call me if you want. I'll pm you my no. Let me know, k?

Hi,

How far is Port Moody from downtown Vancouver?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:40pm
Only about 20 minutes by car... and about 20 by Westcoast Express (which i love, by the way).

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:55am

Only about 20 minutes by car... and about 20 by Westcoast Express (which i love, by the way).

I should probably take a day and just travel... take the sky train, Canada Line, West Coast Express .... just for the sake of having the experience.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:30am
I know. I've gotten so much out of only using the transit over here. I mean it's totally a lot easier to have a car and such but... i've made the most of the buses and I feel i know my way around even better than some canadians (i'm not bragging, just proud of myself). And the West Coast Express is pretty awesome.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:02pm
This was a beautiful morning. The sunrise was awesome... red, pink, blue, white... Let's see what CIC has to show us today!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
full of energy and hope for all of us...
ill teel you right away if i have the news.. :)
i only tried skytrain and buses here.. havent been to any other islands even victoria, only bowen.. im hoping i could do a lot of sight seeing if i get my owp and PR..

have a blessed day everyone..

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:06pm
Not IF, but WHEN you get your OWP and PR. You can do that now, though. I went to Bowen Island. I love the ferry but I know it's kind of expensive to go to Victoria. I would love to visit the Bouchart Gardens there.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:58pm
You are right Carmen!!!! They update the processing time every Tuesday

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:09pm
Hehe! I know. But you know what? Sometimes, they do it on Wednesdays mornings, too! So, they're up to July 14... I guess they ARE going one week at a time! I'm getting so impatient ... Sometimes, I feel like I need reassurance after reassurance... Oh, well! About 2 more months of waiting! Who knows maybe less. you know I should print this thread out for myself. It's kinda like a journal. It's good to remember the good times to encourage myself/or others for that matter.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:00pm
hmmm... good encouragement carmen...

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
sweet mornin everyone!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:37am
Thank you, Deewai! Mine was better! There was no drama. And i've got my dance lesson today, too. What's with these earthquakes in Haiti? We should pray for these people.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:57am

Thank you, Deewai! Mine was better! There was no drama. And i've got my dance lesson today, too. What's with these earthquakes in Haiti? We should pray for these people.

You life is full my friend.... Yes we should pray for them.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:03pm
I do love it when I have my dance. It's kinda like my only escape... to be who I really am, to be myself and just let go, at times.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:11pm
hi carmen.. what kind of dance do you do? its cool ei? doing things you wanna do and thinking that you're good at it...

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:31pm
I do ballroom dance and the more I learn, the more I find out I don't know... hehe... but it keeps my mind focused on one thing and it challenges me.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 12:53pm
good for you then.. by the way carmen, does CIC send you a letter if they are starting your application? thanks..
have good weekend everyone!

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:36pm
Hi, Deewai. No. They don't send you a letter when they start processing your application. If you haven't heard from them yet, you should call them and see what's going on. I mean, you haven't heard from them on the E-CAS. Have you checked there yet? Make sure you still have your copies of your receipts for your applications, ok and use that number from the copy to check your E-CAS.

Have a good weekend, yourself!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 2:05pm
New week coming up, folks. Let's hope for the best. As far as work is concerned i've got a long, hard week ahead of me. Hope I can make it through. I wish the same for you, too.

J, how are you doing?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 1:25am

New week coming up, folks. Let's hope for the best. As far as work is concerned i've got a long, hard week ahead of me. Hope I can make it through. I wish the same for you, too.

J, how are you doing?

Hi Carmen,

Tiring day for me Worked today; will be working the next two week ends. Busy week for you too?

J

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 2:40pm
Hi J,

Tiring and long week ahead of me. The boy's going to be home all day long from school. I"m fortunate not to work on teh weekends, but when the boy's home even the weekends are tiring and i find myself having to rest during the week from the weekend. I'm actually burning out... My papers are the only think kind of keeping me going, cause otherwise i'd have a breakdown. I need prayer! Hope you'll be better!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:28pm
Hi Carmen,

My Sunday was not too bad. I had time to attend spiritual activities (I need these meetings), and I was able to go to the mall. I was refreshed and now I am armed and ready for the week that is ahead of me. I hope you are rested too. Don't give in to depression, my friend. It is just the work that we had to do. Always look forward to that light at the end of the tunnel , and you are pretty close.

Warm wishes my friends, to you and deewai.

J

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:41pm
Goodmorning, J. Another week ahead of us! I dreaded this morning! I was praying I would accept it even so, and that I'd go through it well... things are ok. Lots of laundry, one boy to take care of and hopefully, i'll get more rest later. Thank you for your encouragement. Sometimes, I feel I need that everyday... especially now! Anyway... we are pretty close aren't we, to some result. I check my mail daily :-). Hugs, my friend!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 6:28pm
good day j and carmen...
i didnt call cic to check if they received my letter, i am more scared thats why.. hehe.. maybe ill just wait.. almost two months of waiting..
how's everybody doin?

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 6:33pm
Hm. Have you checked the E-CAS? You should check, now, today! Two months is a long time without you knowing anything whatsoever!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:56am
Good!! So they're up to July 25th today! That's awesome. I expected something like July 21st... Gettin' closer, people!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window