Print Page | Close Window

Extremely in a Delicate Situation needs advice

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Visit Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:34pm

Topic: Extremely in a Delicate Situation needs advice
Posted By: akinmike1
Subject: Extremely in a Delicate Situation needs advice
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:00am

One of my Uncle is in a serious immigration problem. He has a visitor visa. His Visa has expired long time ago say two years. Before the expiration of his Visa he married a Canadian lady. They were in the process of getting a PR, they had appeared for interview and after that the lady broke up with him.


Now the immigration wants him to leave the country.


Please what can he do not to be deported?

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:37am
Was he given a departure order?

Posted By: akinmike1
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:42am
Yes. He was given. What can we do?

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:55am
He has to leave on his own within 30 days but he has to let CBSA know. If it becomes a deportation order, he'd be banned for life. Or he can appeal, but he needs a good lawyer.

A removal order can be appealed in certain situations. People cannot be removed from Canada if they have appealed a removal order and the appeal has not been decided, if they are involved in another legal proceeding or if they have been found to be people in need of protection.

%20 -

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:38am
Go hide/take refuge in a church.
Since the lady ditched him, no chances of sponsorship though....

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:49am
Happy new year to all in advance.

Print Page | Close Window