Print Page | Close Window

"Decision Made" - Is that a good thing??

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4041
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:09pm

Topic: "Decision Made" - Is that a good thing??
Posted By: M_Vallee
Subject: "Decision Made" - Is that a good thing??
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:20am
I sent my husbands application in the middle of May. At the end of June, I received a "decision made" and a letter saying I was accepted to sponsor him. Up until now it has said "unavailable" under the permanent resident decision and we have heard nothing.

Today I logged on and found it said "Decision Made". Clicking on it shows this: 

~~~~~~
We started processing XXXXXXXXS's application on August 19, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXXXXXXS's application. The office will contact XXXXXXX concerning this decision.
~~~~~~

Is this a good thing? I mean it doesn't say if the decision was a yes or a no, but they never requested an interview or anything from us. Does it say something different if they do request an interview? I can't imagine they would flat out deny him without even requesting an interview or additional information first, right?

I'm a little bit nervous now that its actually happening so if someone can put my mind at ease, that would be GREAT!!

Replies:
Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:37am
It's good news, they made a decision about the app.

But you don't know if it's GREAT news and he was approved. Gotta wait and see, unfortunately.

Which office is it? They decided very quickly. Did you send overwhelming proof?

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:07pm
It was at the buffalo office and I sent TONS of proof. Phone records, e-mails, cards, plane tickets, letters from friends, photos. You name it.

Once they start processing it, is it usually this quick? It does seem kinda fast. They request your passport after the decision has been made, correct?

Do they ever just deny without requesting more info or a interview? I have no reason to think he would be denied, just being worrisome and wanna make sure I'll be getting the great news soon.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:46pm
Wait! Just checked my husbands e-mail and there is a passport request! It says:

~~~~~~

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada .  We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance. 

Please submit your passport(s) before OCTOBER 2 2010. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

We require three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

~~~~~~

Thats a good sign, right? I guess he was approved if they want his passport, right??

Posted By: bobshynoswife
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:14pm
Congratulations! That's definitely good news, and he will get his visa!

-------------
Sponsored Nigerian Husband
Married April 22, 2010
App received CIC-M May 18, 2010
File Tranfered to Accra June 22, 2010
Interview: Aug 24, 2010
Visa issued: Aug 24, 2010
Landed: Sept 9, 2010

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:00pm
Yes!

I went through Buffalo as well. We were very very quickly processed too.

That's the exact e-mail that i got.

Get pics done ASAP for him and get his passport in the mail. he should have it back in 2 weeks or less.

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:05pm
Congratulations!

Yep, it is merely formalities from here; a favorable decision has been made -- and the visa has probably already been "issued" (even though I did not even send my passport in right away, the visa itself was dated the date the decision was made in Buffalo).

Of course those formalities are required, but they are merely confirmation of valid passport and positive identification (comparing passport to application, comparing photos, maybe a database check, but virtually no room for a problem to arise if all is in order, and it should indeed be all in order), and then the requisites of landing: no change in marital status, family composition, and no criminal charges incurred, all of which takes less than five minutes to process at the POE upon landing (though the queue at the POE may take a little while depending on how busy it is).

As in just about done done.   

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Posted By: Megen
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:20pm
When they ask for 3 photos is it passport size or is it the size of the photos that we used for medicals?

-------------
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:30pm
This is what they need

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Posted By: Megen
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:32pm
Thanks Aud! :)

-------------
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:35pm
Oh I am SO relieved! I hopped a train to Manhattan with my husband this afternoon and got the photo's done. I will be dropping it in the mail tomorrow morning.

After so many sleepless nights and so many things to worry about, its nice to see it paying off. I really can't believe it was finished so fast. I guess the key is to go all out on the "proof" section.

Print Page | Close Window