Print Page | Close Window

Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Express Entry Immigration
Forum Description: Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under some federal economic immigration programs.
Printed Date: 05 Aug 2021 at 1:56am

Topic: Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without
Posted By: Asteroid11
Subject: Travel with Bridging Open Work Permit but without
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm
Hi guys, here's my situation:
  • Will submit application for Express Entry soon (already received ITA)
  • Will also submit application for Bridging Open Work Permit soon (like next week)
  • My current work PGWP and TRV both expire in December 2018
  • The current estimated processing time for work permit on CIC website is 67 days (for online applications)
I have to travel outside Canada early February, 2019. By then I should have obtained the BOWP according to the current processing time. However, there is not enough time to receive another TRV based on the BOWP. 

I know the time is really tight but it's a trip I have to make. I just want to make sure that I can come back and continue working. So my questions are:

Can I re-enter Canada with Bridging Open Work Permit but without TRV? Or can I apply for a visitor's visa at the same time, so that I can re-enter Canada as a visitor but continue working with the BOWP? Any other suggestions?

Can someone please help? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!

Print Page | Close Window