Print Page | Close Window

Background check stuck Parents Sponsorship

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39353
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:55pm

Topic: Background check stuck Parents Sponsorship
Posted By: oaktownraiders
Subject: Background check stuck Parents Sponsorship
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:16pm

I am in a bind with IRCC / CIC and really unhappy about the very long processing of PR application of my parents. So i was wondering if members of forum would suggest any steps that I can take to sort this out. Thanks in anticipation. 

I am a Canadian citizen and had applied for my parents permanent residence back in Oct 2011. The case is currently in processing in regional visa office awaiting security check for one of my parents, who worked for a paramilitary force and is now retired since 2008.

After several years of waiting after submitting application in Oct 2011, CIC asked us to submit all documents again which we did in 2016 April, . After couple of months, CIC came back and asked for additional documents for Military / Police service  and we did send comprehensive detail on that in August - September time frame. After that there has been no progress on the case. I have checked with our area MP and they have been checking with IRCC almost monthly and every time its the same answer that security check is in progress. I did apply for the ATIP notes where section dealing with background security check is blanked out, so it didn't help. We have emailed the regional Visa office where application is currently held and they replied to the query saying a background check is currently being performed by an external agency, we have no purview over processsing times and cant provide a timeline when they will process the application. So In essence, we are just waiting, waiting and waiting. 

Print Page | Close Window