Print Page | Close Window

Applying TRV in the US while PR processing in the

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3815
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 7:41pm

Topic: Applying TRV in the US while PR processing in the
Posted By: abdulali
Subject: Applying TRV in the US while PR processing in the
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:24pm
Dear forum users,

I am a full-time non-immigrant (F1) student in the US, currently live and study in the US, still have one more year for graduation. Briefly, last year I got married with my girlfriend who resides in Canada and has permanent residency.  Now we are preparing the documents for my PR in Canada that I will land after graduation. As soon as, we will apply under outland spouse sponsorship. Before marring, I had several temporary resident visas that I got from a Canadian embassy in the US, that this visa allowed me to visit frequently my girlfriend (then wife) in Canada. But this TRV will expire soon, and I am planning to apply again TRV in the US.  I would like to know that if I apply TRV while my PR application processing in Buffalo, will it affect my PR application, otherwise does my processing PR application affect in getting my TRV, however should I mention my current marital status on my application when applying TRV after marring, or hide my marital status, because I did not mentioned my marital status on all my previous TRV applications that it was before the marriage. Please should you share your experiences and information, I will appreciate.

Thanks all

Replies:
Posted By: Calvados
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:29am
1. The anecdotal evidence is that it is very hard to get TRV if you have PR application in process.
2. Never lie or on immigration forms, or you can easily become inadmissible. TRV application has IIRC a specific question about relatives in Canada and also there's additional family information where you must specify name and address of your wife.

Print Page | Close Window