Print Page | Close Window

need your advice of PR CARD renewal

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3675
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:03pm

Topic: need your advice of PR CARD renewal
Posted By: luckystar
Subject: need your advice of PR CARD renewal
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 3:56pm
Hi, guys
I'm filling out the form of PR CARD RENEWAL  and I'm wondering how to write the reason of absence from Canada. In the last five years, I have physically lived in Canada for more than 2 years, and spend the other time working for a company in my home country, the longest one is almost one year. So is there any problem to get approval with my new card if I explain  the reason is woring for a home country's company?
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot

Replies:
Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 4:59pm
1. Only apply for renewal if you qualify for the renewal. Otherwise wait to qualify before applying. Make sure you have met PR residency obligations before you apply.

2. Be honest at all times. Do not misrepresent any information as it will land you in big trouble

Posted By: GabGil
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:32pm
luckystar,

I was also working for more than one and half year outside Canada and just wrote "work" in the reason column. I don't think it is an uncommon situation, many people spend their allowed years back in their home country. Just be sure that the dates in the address history table and work history table are consistent. And be sure to have some documentation proving the time you spent in Canada, especially if your are close to the limit.

G.

Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 9:18am
Lucky,

They won't care if you were out of the country for 3 years out ofthe 5.
Just make sure you have the required 730 days in Canada and apply for the renewal.

-Harmonia

-------------
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012

Print Page | Close Window