Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34148
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:35pm

Topic: Certify/Notarise photocopies
Posted By: abduljabbar
Subject: Certify/Notarise photocopies
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm
Hi,

I am planning to apply for visit visa for myself, and in the Gather documents section on canada.ca website it mentions something about certifying your photocopies such as
- information page of your valid passport or travel documents
- photocopy of your marriage certificate
- photocopy of your current immigration status

My only concern is notarizing all the above documents will cost me 4 times the visa application fees ! So I am not sure if I am understanding it right or are they serious about it.
Moreover i applied for it 6 years ago, and remember not doing or certifying any of the stuff. Just sent my original passport and other relevant documents and everything was just fine.

Any tips all ?

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 1:22pm
Hi

Originally posted by abduljabbar abduljabbar wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to apply for visit visa for myself, and in the Gather documents section on canada.ca website it mentions something about certifying your photocopies such as
- information page of your valid passport or travel documents
- photocopy of your marriage certificate
- photocopy of your current immigration status

My only concern is notarizing all the above documents will cost me 4 times the visa application fees ! So I am not sure if I am understanding it right or are they serious about it.
Moreover i applied for it 6 years ago, and remember not doing or certifying any of the stuff. Just sent my original passport and other relevant documents and everything was just fine.

Any tips all ?

Thanks

1. I suggest you read the official site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html
2. If you read instructions, most applications only require copies of documents, not certified/notarized copies.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window