Print Page | Close Window

my application for PR taking too long

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3134
Printed Date: 06 May 2024 at 5:41pm

Topic: my application for PR taking too long
Posted By: cant get PR
Subject: my application for PR taking too long
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:47am
Hi everyone

I just joined this discussion forum and I have a question to ask. I hope I can get some help here.

I am a convention refugee in Canada and I have applied for PR but it has taken almost a decade. Yes, 10 long years and it's still in "process" and that's the response I get every time I call the call centre ("It's in process"). I have done my medical exams 3 or 4 times because they get expired and I have to do them again every once in a while. Medical exams expire, and then the background check / security check "expires" and by the time that is done, the medical exams expire again and it's a repeating cycle. At least that's what they told my MP when I contacted them through my MP's office.

I don't know what to do. I have been lazy too because I never really bothered much about it other than sending them letters after letters and faxes after faxes which didn't do much. They just ignore my letters and every once in a while they would ask me for a document or a form to be filled out. I submit the required documents and then they ignore me for another year or two before they ask me for something else.

I am really frustrated with this. I guess I am just "careless" or maybe emotionally strong. If it was anyone else, they would have gone crazy / suicidal.

What should I do? I haven't committed any crimes. I have never been charged with or convicted of any crime. I am much more civilized and educated than many people that Canada so happily grants citizenship to. I just don't understand why they are doing this to me and why they are just ignoring me.

I never really thought of joining a discussion board for this and asking someone even though I spent a lot of time on internet. Neither did I ever bother hiring a lawyer. Should I? I hope I get something positive out of this.

Replies:
Posted By: tiger
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 10:52pm
dear
          thats really sad to hear but i would simply suggest that get the lawyer's opinion and that will help u for sure or marry some1 in canada to get it over.
best of luck

Posted By: ajgodinho
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 7:41pm

Sorry to hear your story and I hope positive things lie ahead. I agree with tiger, seek the advice of a lawyer who will best be able to guide you on your next steps. Wishing you the best!

-------------
<strong>AJ Godinho</strong><br /><br />Entrepreneur & HR Professional<br /><br /><a href="http://canada-help.blogspot.ca/p/new-canadian-immigrant-checklist.html">Canadian Newcomer's Checklist</a>

Print Page | Close Window