Print Page | Close Window

June/July/August applicants

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3116
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:30pm

Topic: June/July/August applicants
Posted By: britincanada
Subject: June/July/August applicants
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:00pm
I can't see a thread for June/July/August applicants on this forum..I am just wondering where all the June applicants are??

Here is my Time line for Outland Application - Married - London UK

Hazel & Tim made first contact - May 9 2005
Hazel & Tim first met in Person - Sep 28 2005
Got Married - May 30 2009
Medicals - Feb 22 2010
Police Certificate - April 28 2010
Application Mailed - May 27 2010
Application Received - June 1 2010
Decision Made - June 29 2010

We are now waiting for the letter from CPC-Mississauga to see if my Husband can sponsor me! 

-------------
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Replies:
Posted By: UKtoCAN
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:20pm
Lol We just got to July and August is 28 days away agin, so no august applicant

as for June I think there were only 4 people from this forum mmmmm not sure s lets hope is not alot Brit and you get answers soon.

Any June/July/August guysssssssssss

Posted By: ColorMePanda
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:56pm
We are going to be sending off our application next Friday.
Getting excited but also nervous. I know this is it! The thing that can change the rest of our lives for worse or better but I am thinking better.

Please let us know when you get the sponsor approval letter. Wink

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:28pm
You guys should be great! You should have plenty of proof now so they can't refuse you.

Posted By: minku9
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:38am
Hey ppl n britincanada!!!

There is my timeline:

APP SENT MAY 27, 2010
APPROVAL 1ST STAGE - JUNE 24, 2010
LETTER SENT AND FILE TRANSFERRED TO NEW DELHI - JUNE 24, 2010
GOT LETTER JULY 2, 2010
WAITING ON NEW DELHI.....

Good luck all!

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

Grant and I are going to be sending off our application next Friday.
Getting excited but also nervous. I know this is it! The thing that can change the rest of our lives for worse or better but I am thinking better.

Please let us know when you get the sponsor approval letter. Wink

ColorMePanda I wish you luck with your application..do you have your FBI Check back? Or you adding that in later? After all the set backs you have had you definitely deserve to be approved! 

I am trying not to think about the letter thats on its way to us! I now wish I hadn't checked E-CAS on the off chance it had been processed..I should have waited till Sunday at least..oh well thats me Impatient!Smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 9:18am
Originally posted by minku9 minku9 wrote:

Hey ppl n britincanada!!!

There is my timeline:

APP SENT MAY 27, 2010
APPROVAL 1ST STAGE - JUNE 24, 2010
LETTER SENT AND FILE TRANSFERRED TO NEW DELHI - JUNE 24, 2010
GOT LETTER JULY 2, 2010
WAITING ON NEW DELHI.....

Good luck all!

Minku9... Congrats on the Sponsorship approval ..good luck with the rest of your application..

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 3:07pm
Good luck ColorMePanada..We received our letter today! Tim is approved to sponsor me and my application has been sent to London England to get processed!! Now I have to wait another month before it gets assigned to an IO!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:05pm
Brit, You are going to be fine ok, I know you will be fine and ok so just relax and calm down. I know how you feel and i personally dont want to feel that way as i will close myself out until the whole process is done.

I know once i send my application everything will be fine and approved after 1 month, and after that i know maximum of 3 months i will be good, I dont anticipate any problem, i  am not perfect but  right now is evidence gathering and everythng is logged and checked.

Literally my forms has been filled out, lol

Good luck and congrats on the 1st part..

is a June/July/August 

Posted By: lg107
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by britincanada britincanada wrote:

Good luck ColorMePanada..We received our letter today! Tim is approved to sponsor me and my application has been sent to London England to get processed!! Now I have to wait another month before it gets assigned to an IO!

You may not have to wait a month for it to be assigned to an IO. Mine was assigned within 2 weeks after we got approval. ecas showed "in porcess", "we are currently working on your file since ----. That was 2 weeks later so you never know it could be sooner than you think..Smile

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Posted By: Saya
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:50pm
mine was 1 day shy of 3 weeks. I think two seems to be the average for London.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:57pm
saya, wonder how long they take after that on an average file? I got another aor  letter today from cic-m for our rprf. so london must've been notified by now. wonder what happens next? 

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

saya, wonder how long they take after that on an average file? I got another aor  letter today from cic-m for our rprf. so london must've been notified by now. wonder what happens next? 

Well they say 2-8 months but lately some people have been reporting a ppr after 2 weeks of "in process". So jealous! Good news that they've given you a aor. Hopefully shouldn't be much longer as they wouldn't request the fee if they weren't close to approving. At least that what I get from other posters. If anything it would just be med reviews and background checks. Sorry don't remember but did you get your ppr?

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:08pm
Saya, they have the medicals & police reports, now they have the rprf. But we havent been asked for the ppr yet. Oh God i wish they would ask for ppr soon. We're leaving on aug. 20th for canada & my husband was going to come with us on a visitors permit, paid €560, but then we decided it would be best if he came back after 2 weeks cas he cant work over there & we were thinking what if they sent the ppr while we're away. So the wait goes on & on..

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:23pm
That last post of mine makes it sound like we paid €560 for a visitors permit. Thats not what i meant, paid €560 for the flight for his 2 months stay but then changed the ticket today to a 2 week stay so had to pay another €250 to change the return date on the ticket. We decided he should come back after 2 weeks just incase he gets the ppr while we're away. Embarrassed

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 9:17pm
I hope your Husband gets PPR soon so that you can enjoy your time together in Canada and not worry that it will be sat in your mail box in Ireland waiting for Him the whole time! 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:32am

I hope your Husband gets PPR soon so that you can enjoy your time together in Canada and not worry that it will be sat in your mail box in Ireland waiting for Him the whole time! 

Decision has been made now, no more I can do but wait to see what that decision is. Hope to God its the right decision.

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Posted By: joewirth
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 5:10am
Hello Hello! :)

This is my first post here! I just found your forum today and am impressed with all the help and support people are giving to each other.

I'm from Germany and my partner is Canadian. We want to apply for Family Class Common Law INLAND.

We've been living together for a year now (even though we can't prove that, since all the bills are still on her name), so I have to rely on testimonials of friends and coworkers and my Canadian Drivers Licence on that address. Is that enough?

I want to apply for PR in August, but I don't have a new work permit yet, which is why I am in Germany right now. 

Some people have mentioned that OUTLAND applications get processed faster sometimes. I also read about the Open Work Permit Option that can be issued with the PR Application. Does it always take about 5 monts to get to that stage or could I use that option to work in Canada again in lets say September 2010?

I really feel worried that they won't accept our relationship as a common law relationship, even though we've been conjugal partners now for the last 3 years. I also have lots of pictures, but I just read today that one is not allowed to put those in an album...? How did you present your pictures to CIC?

I'm sure more questions will come up soon. Should I use this thread for future questions or open my own thread?

Thank you so much for having me. I hope this all will work out.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:55am
Joewirth: Welcome, this forum is great and like a family in a way..every one is so helpful and supportive you have definitely come to the right forum if you want some good advice Smile

Do you have any of your own bills/Bank Statements in your name at your partners address?? There is an Operations Manual you can read it will give you a good idea of what the Immigration Officer is looking for from an applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf  

The trouble with Inland application is not only the length of time it takes to process the application 18 months + you also dont have right of appeal if you get denied PR! You also cant leave Canada during the PR process it will make your application void... it takes 6-7 months to process sponsors application and another 10 - 12 months to process applicants application! The Open Work permit is only Issued after the Sponsor has been approved around 7 months after applying.

With outland it takes 1 month to process sponsors application, 1 month to open Applicants Application and assign to an Immigration Officer in Berlin...then a father 4 - 16 months for processing. During this time you can leave Canada and come back with out harming your application..if you are denied PR you have right to appeal the decision..you can be in Canada on a work Visa for the duration of the process! 

Its personal preference as to which route you take..I was going to apply inland but then changed my mind and applied outland as I am here in Canada as a visitor and can't work..

The Open Work permit is only Issued after the Sponsor has been approved around 7 months after applying. So if you apply in August you are looking at March 2011. Your best cause of Action is to come back in on a Work Permit..then open a joint bank account together so show combined funds..you can use your work permit as proof of Id to open the account..its always best to have as much combined things as possible whether applying common-law or married..

Another good thing to do is if your girlfriend can add you to her insurance policy as a Beneficiary..Nobody in their right mind would do that if it wasnt a real relationship!!

As for your pictures what I did was make an index with the photo number down the side and a description of who is in the photo, where it was taken and when it was taken..next I numbered the photos on the back an stuck on a pre-printed label with the same information..

I am happy to answer any questions you have and if I cant answer them I am sure somebody else can..feel free to post on this thread and create your own if you wish...I hope my answer is of some help to you...

Happy reading..and good luck..hope to see you posting on here again! Smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: minku9
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:14am
Does anyone know a case of IF they can or have asked person being sponsored their educational credentials???  I.e. Proof of degree, diploma etc?? I would think that this is irrelevant for spousal sponsorship??

Please any input!

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:54am
joe: if you applying as common law you must be able to prove at least 365 days of cohabitation and a conjugal relationship. The link Brit posted is an excellent start to what you can use to prove this.

minku: Educational background is one way they determine compatiability. It the IO doubts the info provided they may request proof either by mail, email scan or at an interview.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Posted By: ojasvi
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:36pm
Hello People,

This is my first post in the forum. Wanted to share my timelines with you guys.

Met my spouse for the first time - 24 Dec, 2009
Got engaged - 27 Dec, 2009
Got Married   - 16 May, 2010
Mailed app to CPC-M - 22 June, 2010
CPC-M recd app - 25 June 2010
Waiting waiting waiting....

Posted By: joewirth
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:48am
Hi everybody,
thank you so much for a warm welcome. I hope that all will work out. 

@britincanada: 
thanx for that long reply. I'm in Germany right now, but am applying for a new work permit.  I do have several documents that point to our shared home, including my drivers licence. My Bank statement is an E-document, so I don't have any papers from my bank.

I regret not having opened a shared bank account last year, when I first started working in Canada. We did all our bills at the end of the month without a shared bank account. If we open one now that wouldn't really help. 

I will try to get on to her insurance policy, but I think you have to be a PR in order to be on a Canadian health insurance, right?

As to Inland vs. Outland. You surprised me there. I thought it would take 7 months for the whole PR thing and not 7 months to get the sponsor approved. Wouldn't an Inland application seem more sincere to an Immigration official, cause I mean in an Outland application they wouldn't really know where I am during the process of the PR application, right?!

To have the right to appeal seems to be a good thing, especially after reading a lot of posts here about people and their problems... I don't know. I often feel overwhelmed with this whole process.

Just read today that people get notarized Statutory Declarations made, even though I couldn't find that anywhere as a requirement in the In or Outland application. It isn't even mentioned on the Checklist.

I have my family and friends write up letters about how and when they met us and how they feel my partners and mine relationship... what should I call these? I had a friend who called them statutory declaration, but are those the same and what letters should get notarized?

If I wasn't as crazy in love as I am, I would already have stopped this whole process and would have gone home some time ago.

I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Maybe one last question. Do I still need my own health insurance when I have the open work permit?

Thanks. 

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 12:14pm
joe:
It will not hurt to open a joint account.
As for health insurance, you would have to contact the company (assuming its other than provincial). My bf is covered with my work's benefits as we are commonlaw.
Outland vs Inland...lol if that were true then wouldn't all outland applications be denied?
2 Stat declarations are required for Commonlaw applications. Other people have included them as additional proof, some just letters with the author's contact information.

Yup it can be alot of work but it's worth it! (Could do without all the waiting though)

Good luck. Oh and if you start a new thread with questions, they may get more responses....just a suggestion.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Posted By: Megen
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
So I am officially part of this thread as of 20 minutes ago when I mailed my application! I have never felt so much relief and panic all at the same time. It is such a load off my mind to send this off and I can stop obsessing over every little question and detail! But now my head is spinning with did I include enough? Did I paint them a good enough picture of our relationship? My plan is to have a beer to celebrate, kick up my feet and relax!
I can't express how helpful this forum has been. I have pretty much stayed as a lurker since most of us had the same questions, but it is still this great community and we can be supportive of one another. 

Big smile

-Megen

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:04pm
Congrats! I'm hoping for a speedy and positive decision for you, megen.

joewirth, inland takes longer because they figure the people are already together. Outland has a focus on reuniting people so they go faster

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:23pm
Congrats Megen..try not to worry too much..I know easier said than done! If you have forgotten anything CIC will let you know!! And if they dont quite believe your relationship they will ask for additional proof..so just sit back and wait..should be 4-5 weeks until you about the sponsorship..are you the applicant or the sponsor? 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by ojasvi ojasvi wrote:

Hello People,

This is my first post in the forum. Wanted to share my timelines with you guys.

Met my spouse for the first time - 24 Dec, 2009
Got engaged - 27 Dec, 2009
Got Married   - 16 May, 2010
Mailed app to CPC-M - 22 June, 2010
CPC-M recd app - 25 June 2010
Waiting waiting waiting....

Welcome to this forum and congrats on sending your application to CPC-M

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:16pm
I'm the applicant. My husband I think is freaking out more than I am! Now that I have been sitting here for a couple of hours I am more relaxed and happy to not see that big stack of papers every day on my desk. I hid the copy of the application in a box in the closet :) 

-------------
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:23pm
I am the applicant too and was so glad to be rid of it..I found the longer I had it the more I obsessed over making sure everything was perfect in it and put things in and took things out..now I can only add stuff when needed..if needed! Smile I did feel like I had lost something for a few weeks though as I had spent so much time on it..and then thought Now what?? LOL 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: tdolphin
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 3:29am
Hi guys.
mailed application on June 1st.
decision made July 2nd.
Received letter July 8th.
Application sent to Cairo but nothing yet.

I envy you guys. It seems that applications sent to Africa take the longest time.
Wish me luck and good luck to you all.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
NAME           CITY         App Sent    App Received   App Approved  In Process  AOR    PPR     Visa 

Britincanada    London    27/05/10     1/06/10             29/06/10
tdolphin           Cairo         1/06/10                                 2/07/10
Ojasvi                             22/06/10    25/06/10
Megen              Seattle   14/07/10
lorie09             Taipei      13/07/10

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 12:00am
Thanks for your wishes britincanada. How's life going?
member_profile.asp?PF=458 -
Members Profile
pm_new_message_form.asp?name=britincanada -
search_form.asp?USR=britincanada -
Find Members Posts
pm_buddy_list.asp?name=britincanada -
Add to Buddy List

Posted By: lorie09
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 7:00am
Hi, I'd like to join this group. I sent our application Jul 13th. Our visa office is Taipei :)

-------------
Dec 2009 - Married
19/Apr/2010 - Fees Paid
05/Jul/2010 - Medical Completed
13/Jul/2010 - Application sent to CPC-M

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 8:24am
Life is going pretty good right now thanks Ojasvi..I am very lucky in the fact that I have been authorized to live in Canada during the PR process and not having to live thousands of miles away in my home country! How are about you?

lorie09: Welcome I am Sure your wait wont be too long before you ge OAR for Sponsorship! Takes about 4 -5 weeks! Smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: lorie09
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 8:30am

Thanks britincanada! You're lucky you get to be with your husband during this whole process. The last time i was with my husband was in January of this year when i went to Taiwan for our wedding. This whole waiting game is torture lol.

-------------
Dec 2009 - Married
19/Apr/2010 - Fees Paid
05/Jul/2010 - Medical Completed
13/Jul/2010 - Application sent to CPC-M

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 8:48am
Since I started posting on here about 1 year ago (there was another forum that is now read only) I realized how lucky I am..I have been able to live in Canada for the past 5 years almost..unfortunately only as a Visitor! But still I have only had to be apart from my Husband a total of 6 months 1 week in the past 5 years! I cant imagine how hard it is to have to endure years of being apart!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 4:45pm
I feel very fortunate that my husband and I are only separated by about 3 hours. I am in Seattle and he is in Vancouver, BC. However, with our work schedules we can only see each other every 3-5 weeks. The phone has been our saving grace. I think it has helped out our relationship because we need to talk on the phone all the time. So when we get into a random fight we have to talk it out instead of just kiss and make up :) 

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 8:48am
Megen: That must be annoying at the same time knowing he is only 3 hours away yet you cant see him often!! Ouch

I got an update on E-CAS today 

We started processing your application on July 15, 2010.

I cant believe it..this is it..almost 5 years of waiting for this moment!!
I could have PR around 15 September as thats the 2 months marker for 30% of cases
completed in London England!!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:30am
great news Brit, that almost exactly a month behind me! Wish you the best!

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:02pm
It is annoying, but at the same time I just have to think about how lucky we are to see each other as much as we do. I am heading up there the last weekend in July. I work at a coffee shop here in Seattle and my boss is so cool with me taking off 4 days once a month to stay with Cory. I used to have a job here where it was almost impossible to take days off. One of the many reasons why I quit. When I interviewed for my current job I said I won't take the job if its going to cause problems if I want to take off for a while. :)

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:12pm
Wow its great to have such an understanding boss, they must be a family person Smile We are both lucky..I had to go home to England for 6 months a few years ago and it was so hard to be 4,000 miles apart..but some couples seem to get through years apart and I really dont know how they do it!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 5:54pm
Even I am lucky in that stream. My boss gave me 5 weeks off in december  and another 5 weeks in May. Whenever he sees me sad, he goes "take couple of weeks off". God bless these guys who understand the pain.

I am happy to be a part of this discussion forum.

Posted By: Vaga
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 3:53pm

Hello everybody,

want to join your thread.
Here is my data.
Married 30/4/10
Medicals 14/6/10
App received by CPC-M 28/06/10
Outland: Kiev, Ukraine
waiting...

I had read your posts about many worries: thinking and re-writing each question in the forms, huge folders of supporting documens, etc.
I can say that I went exactly the same way during my application prepration (I am a sponsor). Even during next few days after I mailed it to CRC-M, I was still thinking about "Did I do (write) everything right or not?"
We are only two months apart, but it is annoying.

Question: (if)after my sponsorship application is approved and file mailed to Ukraine, is it good or bad idea for my wife to apply for a guest visa (Ukrainian citizen required to have visa)?

The reason I am asking this is according to statistics Kiev office is the slowest in Europe, so we can't expect to get immigration visa in two-three months

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 8:27pm
She can try

But typically visitor visas aren't approved for people with PR apps in process. They just don't think the person will leave if they have shown intent to stay in the country permanently

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:39pm
So random question here. When my passport gets requested and I have to send it off, can I still enter Canada with my passport card from the states? I know that it takes some time to get your passport back, and I still want to be able to visit my husband while they have it. 

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Posted By: Christorey
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:35pm
Hi there, i just sent in my application today so i guess that makes me a july applicant. It should be arriving in about 4 days and then its just waiting to see. how do they let you know if you are approved to be a sponsor? Via email?

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:13pm
Christorey: You will get a letter from CPC-M via snail mail...Takes about 4-6 weeks before you receive it

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:30pm
OK, thats a long time to wait. probably better to check it via the CIC website then I guess.

-------------
Married April 30 2010
Outland Application sent July 26
Application Received 5 Aug.
Sponsor Approved 03 Sept.
App In process London Sept 21.
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:39pm
We are in the same boat. I mailed my application on 22nd June, reached CPC on 25th June. haven't heard anything from them yet. they are still processing app received on 18th June.

Hope this helps.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:36pm
Ojasvi: I would try logging into E-CAS tomorrow..

CIC usually updates both their website and E-CAS on a Tuesday...I would guesstimate that Applications 25 June have either already been done or in the process of being done! I would be surprised if you cant log into E-CAS tomorrow using Receipt number and sponsors details!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:07pm
That's what I am thinking. I am expecting to hear from CIC this week.

thanks for your response

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Vaga Vaga wrote:

Here is my data.
Married 30/4/10
Medicals 14/6/10
Outland: Kiev, Ukraine
waiting...
Just got my Sponsorship approved by CIC-M today (E-Cas tells "decision made" on July 28)
Next step will be to receive the letter from them and file to Quebec and see when Immigration Application status will switch from "Not Available" to "In process"

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 8:17pm
Congrats Vaga...thats awesome Big smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:17pm
Thank you, britincanada!
Where is your outland CIC office, in UK?
The most fastest one in Europe.
Kiev - the most slowest :(

Posted By: dpausuri
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:45am
Glad to join the waiting game...

My timelines:
Pinky & Dee met September 2003
Married 2004
Police clearance July 2010
Medicals Aug 2010
Application mailed August 13, 2010 (It had to be Friday, the 13th!!)
...and now the waiting starts :)

Applying Outland - Buffalo, although I am an Indian national (I know Delhi would be faster than Buffalo, but we have small kids and I can't leave them alone and go to India while the application is processed!)

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:45am
Ok so today I am really excited...I finally heard from London after 1 month of being "in process" they have requested I pay my RPRF..I didnt pay it with my application! So Ironically I have the receipt already to go to CPC - Mississauga!!! I paid my fee Saturday..how weird is that?

I am really hoping this means my interview has been waived as I know CHC-London (or any other visa office) doesnt issue PR until the RPRF has been paid!!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:48am
NAME           CITY         App Sent    App Received   App Approved  In Process  AOR      PPR   Visa 

Britincanada    London    27/05/10     1/06/10             29/06/10        12/07/10   30/07/10
tdolphin           Cairo         1/06/10                                 2/07/10
Ojasvi                             22/06/10    25/06/10
Megen              Seattle   14/07/10
lorie09             Taipei      13/07/10
dpausuri          Buffalo    13/08/10

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:37am
Hey Guys,

Update on my case

I got approved on July 27th, 2010 for sponsorship. The E-cas status still shows decision made.

I hope the file has been sent to New Delhi. Any idea how can I check the status with New Delhi Visa Office.

thanks in Advance
OJ

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 10:21am
Hi everybody,
here is my updated info:
Married 30/4/10
Medicals 14/6/10
App approved by CPC-M 28/07/10
Quebec UNdertaking App submitted: 03/08/10

Doc received by Canadian embassy in Ukraine: 06/08/10
Embassy approved & sent POVL: 10/08/10

When my wife came to them today, they suddanly realized that Quebec portion is NOT ready yet.
So we did not get our visa today Cry

Waiting for Quebec MICC ...

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:21pm
Congrats BritishCanada...

....I paid the full fees in advance, hope that's ok!! 

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:05pm
dpausuri, that's the ideal way to do things. Waiting can delay things, but immigration is expensive(especially when the applicant is already in Canada but unable to work so one partner is carrying the whole load) so not everyone can pay in full

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by audball audball wrote:

dpausuri, that's the ideal way to do things. Waiting can delay things, but immigration is expensive(especially when the applicant is already in Canada but unable to work so one partner is carrying the whole load) so not everyone can pay in full

Audball is right, I chose to defer my payment because I am in Canada unable to work with my Husband supporting me and our 3 kids..1 together and 2 stepsons from his 1st marriage..Our daughter was very sick when we applied for my PR..and we had to move out or our apartment into a new one at the time too..so it was impossible for us to pay the full fees..and we didn't feel that we needed to apply for a loan from CIC..just time to save the $490!! Big smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:34pm
Hi all,

my application was approved on July 2nd and sent to Cairo. Till now, information "not available".
It didn't change to processing.
I contacted them here and in Cairo and the reply is that diplomatic mail is "slow". The reply from Cairo said it may take up to 3 month for the mail to reach them.
I feel very depressed about this.

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 8:49pm

Congrats Vaga...thats awesome Big smile
Hi britincanada, thank you!
I saw, you also got wonderfull news, congratulation to you too! You finally did it! Clap

Fortunately you don't need to go through Quebec MICC Wink
Never thought, that this formelly very short (just few months ago it was taking just three weeks) step can become the most lonhest ...Angry you never know ...

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 8:59pm
I hope so, I find it frustrating to know that because we defered the payment my case has been sat aside until CPC-M tells CHC-London that I have infact paid my fees!! I am wondering how long that will take! I am guessing its Medicals and background check before requesting my passport...I hope

I am glad I dont live in Quebec..sounds alot more complicated!! Wacko

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 1:32pm
Ok..I found a new reason to panic .. I put the wrong POSTAL CODE, I put T3A 6A9 (as given to us through google address search)..and I now looked up Canada Post website, and it should have been: T3A 6B1.... 
We are moving into this house next week and as per advice here from everyone I used the new address as our mailing address...

Will I receive my e-Case or what??? CPC-M received it on 16/8/10... shall I call them maybe next week or so and ask to correct the postal code??

Or am I just panicking for no good reason!!!!

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 4:09pm
Hi everyone,
Well I thought i would drop in and see how you are all doing, some interesting timelines.
I thought you might like to know, that whilst I am still in the UK, Nikki and I will be getting married in May, and then, and only then will we look to resubmitting the application.
It has been a strange few months, but they are ones which have panned out to make our relationship stronger, though while I am loving life back working in the UK, I do miss my life and family in Canada.
That said, she will be over here in October and I will be returning there for a couple of weeks at Christmas, the consolation to it all being that I do have a good job here which is helping us no end.
I wish you all the best of look and will drop in from time to time, though my time is now limited as to when I can get on here.

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Posted By: sami55
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:08pm
hi redeagle I was just thinking about you and lo I saw your post.
welcome back.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 6:48pm
This morning I woke up to an e-mail from E-cas Tracker! It had said "We sent you a letter on August 20, 2010 about the decision on your application.  Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

I hope that this is the letter saying Husband has been approved to sponsor me! I checked the mail today and of course nothing. I am sure it won't come until the end of the week. If he was approved, then it took 33 days to process his part instead of the 44 it is saying on CIC's website. :) Yay for progress!

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 8:13pm
The processing time includes 10 days for mail. 
So the actual time before for the ecas update is 44-10=34.
Yay. One whole day.

Posted By: Calvados
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:11am
Sorry for the cross-post, just realized that this update might be interesting for the readers of this thread:

In fact it'd just switched to "In process" this night!! Hooray! I know it is not much but still...

Just a little bit of mindless stats:
spousal, outland, Moscow, docs received by CPC-M in June
* 1 month 4 days for CPC-M to approve sponsorship
* 2.5 weeks for the mail to reach Moscow
* 8 days for a status update to appear on eCAS

not sure if Russian forest fires had any effect, but Canadian Embassy in Moscow did announce "partial temporary re-location of non-important personnel"

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:55pm
Husband got the letter today saying he was approved to sponsor! Even though I knew the letter was sent from eCas, but now its in our hands! :)

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:33pm
Congrats!

Posted By: CEC
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 10:17pm
Folks,

We mailed our inland application on June 17 and we are still waiting for any letter or contact. We checked online and it says it cannot find the application. Should we be worried?

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:59am
Good Morning, Its now the First day of September. I have been officially going through the Immigration Process for 3 months...Last week I got my Passport Request and mailed it to CHC-London to get my VISA stuck in it!

NAME           CITY         App Sent    App Received   App Aprved  In Process  AOR          PPR          Visa 

Britincanada London    27/05/10     1/06/10            29/06/10        15/07/10     30/07/10  26/08/10

tdolphin        Cairo       1/06/10                                    2/07/10
CEC                               17/06/10
Ojasvi         New Delhi 22/06/10     25/06/10           27/07/10          12/08/10                    18/08/10
Vaga              Kiev                              28/06/10           28/07/10
Pieces17      Taipei     13/07/10     16/07/10            19/08/10
Megen           Seattle   14/07/10                                  20/08/10
lorie09           Taipei     13/07/10
dpausuri        Buffalo   13/08/10

Apologies for not posting and updating the chart for a while..I have been busy creating a website on Immigrating to Canada..both informational facts..and through the eyes of an immigrant...I am currently waiting for the Canadian Government to let me know if I need clearance for non-commercial use of their information from the CIC website before I publish my site..

Here is to hoping there is lots of Good news for ALL June/July/August applicants this month Smile

@CEC: Which Visa Office are you going through? I would call CIC to see if they have your application..did you send it registered mail with a tracking number?

@Ojasvi: Which Visa Office are you going through??

@lorie09 and dpausuri have you any updates on your sponsorship? Shouldnt be too long before you hear something now Smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: pisces17
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:14am
Hi britincanada
My file was received at CPC-M on July 16. I was approved to sponsor my husband Aug. 19 and file was transferred to Taipei. Up to now, I still haven't received the letter from CPC-M about the approval. But I called them to find out what happened. They said the letter was sent Aug. 19. Maybe canada post lost it...

Thanks for keeping track of everyone's progress Big smile

-------------
Trusting God
16/Jul/10 Appl'n received!
19/Aug/10 Appl'n approved
31/Aug/10 In process
15/Sep/10 PPR
20/Sep/10 Received passport with visa (dated 15Sep/2010)

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by pisces17 pisces17 wrote:

Hi britincanada
My file was received at CPC-M on July 16. I was approved to sponsor my husband Aug. 19 and file was transferred to Taipei. Up to now, I still haven't received the letter from CPC-M about the approval. But I called them to find out what happened. They said the letter was sent Aug. 19. Maybe canada post lost it...

Thanks for keeping track of everyone's progress Big smile

Sometimes Canada post can be a bit slow..I think it depends which province you live in..we live in Ontario and it took 6 working days to get to us!! However it was held up by Canada Day!! I am sure you will get your letter soon Big smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:48am
Hey Britincanada,

My apologies for not updating the status. My application was sent to New Delhi office on July 27th. The started processing it on Aug 12 and my wife got request for Passport on Aug 18. We sent the passport on Aug 26th. E-Cas status is shown "decision made" and "in-process".......Waiting...Waiting Waiting....

to answer your question, my application is being processed in New Delhi.

You are doing a wonderful job.

OJ

Posted By: pisces17
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 10:06am
I live in Ontario as well (Scarborough). It shouldn't take 8 days for the letter to be delivered. I just hope the letter is not in someone else's hand. As I've read from the other forum, people have received approval letters that are not for them... 

-------------
Trusting God
16/Jul/10 Appl'n received!
19/Aug/10 Appl'n approved
31/Aug/10 In process
15/Sep/10 PPR
20/Sep/10 Received passport with visa (dated 15Sep/2010)

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:36pm
Hello Brit, Please post your website here once it is done and up and running. Ihope you are feeling canadaian now and all your worries which we told you not to worry is over and breathing good fresh air relief, I am happy for you and good luck with the rest, Dont worry your passport will be with you soon ok. lol

have a good day

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 4:15pm
Thank you...My passport is now on British soil..so should be at CHC-LONDON tomorrow Big smile 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:41am
Hi there, I have a  question for you all. My application was received in Mississauga on Aug 5 and it says that they are now processing applications received up until July 30th. So i guess it will be sometime next week that they start ours. The thing i am concerned about is that we had to get 3 separate police reports for my husband and one of them will be 3 months on Sept 11.  They say that the police report is only valid for 3 months, so does that mean we will have to get them again? Does  the fact that the application is already being processed when the police report expires mean that we are already in the clear? I'm just wondering if we should start getting things ready now so we can be ready to send another one in as soon as they request it to save time. Dont want to spend another winter in sweden.... haha
thanks so much and congratulations to you Britincanada!

-------------
Married April 30 2010
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:55am
Hi Christorey, Thank you and congrats on getting your application sent to Mississauga..Smile You should expect your application to be processed any time between now and next week! Have you tried logging into E-CAS? You can do this by putting the sponsors details in and the receipt number from paying your fees..

Don't worry about your Police Certificates they are fine..CIC wont accept any that were done longer than 3 months before Mississauga receives your application..A Police Certificate is valid for 6 months..so you are ok for another 3 months Smile

Which is your Outland visa office?

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:57am
NAME           CITY         App Sent    App Received   App Aprved  In Process  AOR          PPR          Visa 

Britincanada London    27/05/10     1/06/10            29/06/10        15/07/10     30/07/10  26/08/10

tdolphin        Cairo       1/06/10                                    2/07/10
Ojasvi         New Delhi 22/06/10      25/06/10           27/07/10          12/08/10                    18/08/10
Vaga              Kiev                               28/06/10           28/07/10
Pieces17      Taipei     13/07/10      16/07/10            19/08/10
Megen           Seattle   14/07/10                                  20/08/10
Christorey     London                        05/08/10

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:07am
OK, that's great news, thanks for that. A real relief. I have tried logging onto ecas but nothing yet. I also signed up for the ecas tracker. I'm only checking at the beginning of the week, Monday and Tuesday. I really hope its next week.
We will be dealing with the London visa office.

-------------
Married April 30 2010
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:16am
I thought you were going through London, but wasnt 100% Sure..I would be surprised if you dont hear from CPC-M by this time next week..most likely via E-CAS..The E-cas tracker is very good! Big smile

How cold is it in Sweden in the Winter? Are you the sponsor or applicant? I have some bad news for you if you haven't been to Canada in the Winter..we get real cold weather here too and this year is supposed to be really cold with a lot of snow

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:18am
Yeah, i really hope so. Just to get it off my mind...
Its pretty cold, not as cold as canada though. but at least there we have the mountains and snow. Its just really grey, rainy, and dark all the time here. Combine that with Swedish mentality and its a looooong winter. ha!

-------------
Married April 30 2010
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
Hi britincanada, I sent my application to Vegreville with tracking number and they have received it. I checked the online status but there is nothing there. We are starting to freak out here.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:49am
@ CEC - Unfortunately if you apply inland to Vegreville you are in for a long wait, they are currently processing applications received 30 November 2009, it takes 8-9 months to process Sponsorship for Inland Applicants. You wont see anything on E-CAS until sponsorship is approved! 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:52am
yes that time line is poated here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:56am
@ Christorey - I am glad to be saying goodbye to Summer right now..Its was way to hot and Humid for 3 long months, Only my husband is able to work in Canada as I am not authorized to work until I land..so we cheaped out and bought ceiling fans instead of an AC Unit..big mistake..I am looking forward to Fall and actually dont mind the winter with the cold and Snow..I guess being from England I am not as used to the Summer..as they are a bit hit and miss over there..more mild days with no rain than proper hot days!! Good luck with your application

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:18pm
britincanada, thanks a lot, we were starting to freak out big time here. Thanks

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 2:47pm
Well i got my letter from CIC today and was approved for sponsorship. Good news. It was nice to finally see some progress after all the work we put into everything. SO now the application is off to London. Hopefully we will be on our way soon!

-------------
Married April 30 2010
Passport Request Dec 09
Pass sent Feb 14
Pass Rec'd March 14

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 2:52pm
Congrats Christorey...hopefully I will see some mail on mine also soon! Application was received on Aug 17th, no letters yet!!

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 4:31pm
Brit
when are you doing the landing
what has caused a delay in landing?
how long did London take to return your pp (or when is it due)

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 3:47am
Hello All,
The status of the application just changed today from "Not available" to processing. It says processing started on September 8th. 
My updated time line:
Sent application on June 1st. Received June 2nd. Approved and sent to Cairo July 2nd. In process September 8th!!!
My wife and I were very depressed but now again we have hope.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 10:41am
My application changed today as well. It says started processing started on September 7th! :) I am very happy something changed, but now its more waiting.

-------------
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 1:32pm
@ Christorey - Congrats..Wont be long before you are in process in London..Most likely this week or next week if sponsorship was approved on 3rd Sept! Smile

@ tdolphin - Congrats..glad to see your now in process I hope Cairo doesnt take too long! Smile

@ megen - Congrats..glad to see your now in process Smile Shouldnt take too long now

@ Sami55 - I am waiting for my passport to come back to me CHC - London has had it for 2 weeks now, they said it takes 4-6 weeks to return passports

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 1:36pm

tdolphin        Cairo       1/06/10       2/06/10            02/07/10         8/09/10
Ojasvi         New Delhi 22/06/10      25/06/10           27/07/10          12/08/10                    18/08/10
Vaga              Kiev                               28/06/10           28/07/10
Pieces17      Taipei     13/07/10      16/07/10            19/08/10
Megen           Seattle   14/07/10                                  20/08/10        7/09/10
Christorey     London    26/07/10      05/08/10           03/09/10

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Print Page | Close Window