Print Page | Close Window

Canadian Education and PR

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
Forum Description: Permanent residence for skilled workers. The point system and related issues. Employer sponsorship is not a requirement
Printed Date: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:26pm

Topic: Canadian Education and PR
Posted By: enigmatic99
Subject: Canadian Education and PR
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Hi guys,

I completed my 4 years bachelor's degree and then worked as college instructor for 20 months (42 hours/week) in India. After that I did master's degree in Canada but my master's degree in Canada is different then my previous work experience as well as my undergrad degree back home.

I am planning to apply for PR (through express entry) immediately after graduation here in Canada based on my previous work experience and academic qualification. I understand that Canadian Education provides plus points but I'm confused whether I can use my Canadian degree as it would be different than my previous work experience and NOC list.  My previous work falls on NOC 4021 (Type A), My current education here in Canada is Occupational Therapy, which is NOC 3143 (Type A). As I have no work experience as occupational therapist. I was planning to apply based on my previous education (Public Health) and work experience as college instructor. So in this case Can I get points on my Canadian degree (Master's in Occupational Therapy).

Print Page | Close Window