Print Page | Close Window

Passport

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3077
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 4:53am

Topic: Passport
Posted By: ti7oo
Subject: Passport
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 1:32am
Hello,

I would like to konw why they need the passport when picking up the new PR card ? Is it to check the ID or to check my travel dates ? The reason of my question is : if they will check my travel dates, I should show them my old passport too, isn't it ?

Replies:
Posted By: Suraya
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 3:33pm
officer will  check all your passports

-------------
Suraya

Posted By: Beaver
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:51am

It is very important that the name on the passport and PR card should be the same (the photo on the passport should be the likeness of the one on the PR card) - otherwise the PR card will be invalid. Additionally it helps verifying the identity of the person picking up the PR card with the help of other photo ID's you may present. You don't want anybody else posing as you to pick up the card without your knowledge.

Posted By: Beaver
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:53am
Read the notice that you get from CIC informing you how to pick your PR card. If it says to bring "all passports, current and expired" then that means they may want to see your travel dates. If it just says "current passport", then just bring only that.

Posted By: ti7oo
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 1:22am
Thanks a lot for your help guys. This has been very informative.

Print Page | Close Window