Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30069
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:44pm

Topic: Visa extenstion question
Posted By: cadind
Subject: Visa extenstion question
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 3:10pm
HI
I came to Canada as a student in 2017 January and graduated in August 2017.  I then enrolled other course from Sep 2017-Apr 2018 - but  i failed in 3 subjects and college had asked me to withdraw the course and  i did.
not i am tryin to enroll for May 2018 intake or worst case Sep 2018.
Am i eligible to extend my student visa if i enroll for Sep 2018 ( my current student visa expires Nov 2018). i heard that you cannot take more than 4 months break in between your course. please advise

Replies:
Posted By: cadind
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 3:11pm
posted on behalf of my cousin.

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
Hi

Originally posted by cadind cadind wrote:

HI
I came to Canada as a student in 2017 January and graduated in August 2017.  I then enrolled other course from Sep 2017-Apr 2018 - but  i failed in 3 subjects and college had asked me to withdraw the course and  i did.
not i am tryin to enroll for May 2018 intake or worst case Sep 2018.
Am i eligible to extend my student visa if i enroll for Sep 2018 ( my current student visa expires Nov 2018). i heard that you cannot take more than 4 months break in between your course. please advise

1, AS you will be out of school for more than 90 days by Sept, (the DLI is supposed to report that you left) CIC will probably cancel your study permit.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: soon2bcanadian
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:55am
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I know what your going through right now seems like the end of the road ,but I just want to let you know too that we shall all overcome . Stay blessed, let’s keep fighting . The battle has been won

-------------
gary89

Print Page | Close Window