Print Page | Close Window

linking student permit, open work permit and TRV f

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:26pm

Topic: linking student permit, open work permit and TRV f
Posted By: [email protected]
Subject: linking student permit, open work permit and TRV f
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:20am
we are a 9 year old UK registered educational consultancy and have lately diversified our operations to recruit students for Canadian Universities from India.

We have successfully procured the unconditional offer upon paying in the required fees to the University for one of our students. The student is a mother of 3 year old girl and would like to seek required permits for both her child and husband while she studies in Canada, but would like to only go if her family can accompany her.  

What we seek is a confirmation as to whether or not we can link the applications ( Student permit, Open work permit and TRV) for the student, husband and child ( Even though it will be different categories). If yes, is there a specific guidance we can follow.

The premise of the query arises from us helping students doing their applications together with the families for the UK. Also while conducting some initial research we have come across some of the inputs from the discussion boards on cicnews website that:

'As you apply for your own student visa, you can apply for your husbands open work permit to accompany you and a TRV for your child. In that case, the visa officers are encouraged to see you as a family unit and either approve or refuse you all.'" rel="nofollow -

Is this statement is correct? 

We look forward to your reply.

kind Regards

Jasbir Singh

Print Page | Close Window