Print Page | Close Window

Medical Received-What’s Next?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2911
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:09am

Topic: Medical Received-What’s Next?
Posted By: canada2010
Subject: Medical Received-What’s Next?
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 10:36am

Hi,

My wife’s immigration application is currently in process at Singapore office since March 2010. Today e-cas was updated with ‘Medical results have been received’ . Does it mean they are done with processing and passport request to follow? What happens next ? Please advise !

Thanks in advance

Replies:
Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 11:50am
It doesn't guarantee that you're close to having a decision made. It's good that they've retrieved the medical results and processed those.

But all you know is that they received the medical results :P

Some offices do update medical results when they update with a decision made. But as they do that simultaneously(when they did it to my case), I would say that your officer has not made a decision.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 2:35pm

I read somewhere that medical is the final step in processing.. once everything else is done they review medical and subsequently issue passport request letter.. I guess with immigration there no standard procedure.. 

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 2:47pm
It's possible, but Singapore usually takes 5 months to process so I wouldn't get your hopes too high, yet. Not until it actually says decision made. :) Don't want to be disappointed AND waiting :P

Posted By: UKtoCAN
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 6:22pm
From what i read, i will say your decision is on its way.

Normally if your background checks is negative, they will not waste their time on requesting for medicals and as such medicals are the final stage of processing but then again it could be different on foreign office.

but 80% sure you are close, fingers cross for you.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 4:52pm
Thanks guys! I will keep my fingers crossed! : )

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 10:25am

My wife got passport request letter from Singapore yesterday. The letter was dated 2 days after ecas showed medical results have been received. Ecas is still showing in process. In case anyone going through Singapore office here is my timeline:

Application Sent to Mississauga (by UPS): Feb 08, 2010

Application Received: Feb 09, 2010

Ecas Updated and Approval Letter Issued: March 05, 2010

File Transferred to Singapore/ Processing Begins: March 23, 2010  

Ecas Updated With Medical Received: June 15, 2010

Passport Request Letter Issued: June 17, 2010

Posted By: lg107
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 6:46am
Thats fantastic news, hope you get the visa soon. I was watching your post to see what would happen next. London sent us a letter 2 weeks ago requesting medicals & rprf. Medicals had already been done & received so it just crossed each other. Fees all paid so now im wondering whats going to happen next for us. We're flying to canada aug 20th, what if they send a letter to my husband while he's away? He'll be back within the 2 weeks but what if?

uktocan said she was 90% sure you'd get the passport request after it showed medicals received & she was right. Hope that happens for us too.

Best of luck, let us know when you get the visa & congrats again..Smile

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10