Print Page | Close Window

CIC Scarborough

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 5:00am

Topic: CIC Scarborough
Posted By: Sadhu
Subject: CIC Scarborough
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 2:11pm
Chardix6328 - Oct 2006; June 2007(AIP);March 2009(PR)
KARL - Feb 2007(Refugee); July 2007 (AIP); May 10, 09 - CIC asked for updates; May 20, 2009 - CIC recd updates; Oct 7 2009 (PR)
Bangloboy- June 2008; Dec 2008(Scarborough - CIC); Moved to Barrie July 2009; Aug 2009(AIP); Oct 9 2009(PR)
Grandnation - June 2006; March 2007(local CIC); March 2009 Interview and(AIP) together; Oct 15 2009(DM); Nov 10(PR)
Babyboy - Feb 2008; August 2008(Local CIC); Sept 16 2009(AIP); Dec 17 2009(PR)
Dia - Sept 2005; 2006(Local CIC); 2007(AIP); Dec 10 2009(PR)
Delmazo- June 5 2008; Nov 26 2008(local CIC); Oct 5 2009(Interview); Dec 8 2009(AIP); March 31 2010(PR)
Sadhumaharaj - Nov 2006; July 2007(local CIC); June 2009 - CIC asked and recd updates; Aug 11 09 - (AIP); March 24th 2010(PR)
dia35 - Sept 2006; Oct 2007(local CIC); June5, 2009 - CIC asked for updates; July 2, 09 - received updates; Aug 20 09 - (AIP), May 5 2010(PR)
Gentleaura - Feb 2007; August 2007(local CIC); June 30 09 - CIC asked for updates||||June 26 2009(Refugee); July 21 2009(started processing); Oct 23 2009 -AIP; May 12 2010 - (PR)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When will we become PR???
Alvianta - Nov 2006; June 2007(local CIC); June 8 2009 (AIP)
Shizzy - Dec 2006; July 2007(local CIC); June 2, 2009 - AIP
tony404 - May 12 2007;Sept 2007 (AIP)
Huma - March 2007; Sept22 2007(Local CIC); 30Jan 2008 (AIP)
mfeq - July 2007; sept 2007(local cic); June 19 2009(AIP) ; June 4 and 30 09 - CIC asked for updates.
Oppositeset- July 2007; March 2008(local CIC); July 6, 2009 - CIC asked for updates; Nov 9 2009 - AIP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When will we get AIP???

Farah Zameendar - Jan 2009; July 2009 (local CIC)
inprison4life - Dec 15 2008; June 15 2009 (local CIC)

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Replies:
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:35pm
where is everybody?

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Posted By: natnat
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:45pm
probably they dont know the forum moved to here, just be patient a bit like our application, they will be here soon!Tongue

Posted By: mfeq
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:38am
That's right.  Just a matter of time for everybody to rejoin this new forum. 

natnat and Sadhumaharaj, where are you guys at with your PR?

My husband's PR will likely take forever to be completed as a result of him being illegal in US prior to coming to Canada.  We were asked to submit his Notice to Appear when he was charged in US in 2005 for being illegal which resulted in him being deported to Mexico which we submitted in September 2009.  So what's currently outstanding are the background/security checks and CIC reviewing the US charge of illegal status.

My guess would be that CIC will complete his file mid 2010 or could even go for as long as early 2011.  Likely, our file will be the last from the batch from this forum.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:46pm
Hi mfeq,

Well Lawyer checked with them(CIC scarb) and they havent recd the checks yet, if checks are not recd by Dec20 which is my BF date then they will push the BF date to another 4 months which is April 20th 2010. Soooooooooooo........................

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Posted By: spring98
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
hi everyone, it took me a while to realize that our previous forum was locked, i was surprised how is it possible that no one wrote  anything for week.....are people hibernated for winter or what, i thought....LOL =))
i hope more poeple will join us soon.

btw nice profile picuter sadhu =))

Posted By: babyboy
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:13pm
how come it takes  them forever to complete the background check? it only took them 2 weeks to complete my background check. That is odd. I guess it's really case to case basis..

Next week is my landing interview. Im happy this process is already Ovah!!

After 24 months I'm applying for my citizenship. I can't wait for that!!

Smile
Smile

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:24am
i'm going to my landing interview in mississauga............so stressed Confused
i will let you know how it went

cross your fingers for me!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:42pm
it' s over now!!!!!! interview was stressful but painless =)) the IO just asked us few simple questions if i work, who is supporting me  and if i was ever on social assistance, then she asked me to check if all the information is correct (name, date of birth, address etc.) and just stapled my passport  and here i am - new permanent resident of Canada !!!!!!

They thought that I did not pay my landing fee, I had to show them my invoice that I already payed.   I suggest to everyone, that if you payed, to bring your invoice to show them that.

Posted By: tgchi13
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by spring98 spring98 wrote:

it' s over now!!!!!! interview was stressful but painless =)) the IO just asked us few simple questions if i work, who is supporting me  and if i was ever on social assistance, then she asked me to check if all the information is correct (name, date of birth, address etc.) and just stapled my passport  and here i am - new permanent resident of Canada !!!!!!They thought that I did not pay my landing fee, I had to show them my invoice that I already payed.   I suggest to everyone, that if you payed, to bring your invoice to show them that.

OMGawd! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Posted By: delmazo
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm

hi everyone sorry it took me a while to find the website anyways i just want to let everyone know that today i received a letter from immigration saying that   "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status however a finAL Decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. these requirements include medical, security and background checks"  does anyone know whats going to happen next? did i receive AIP?  anyone knows how long it takes for the proccess to finish after all this stuff?

pls if anyone knows anything of what happens after i would love to hear from you

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:37pm
hi delmazo,
you can celebrate - it's AIP !!!! which province are you from??? if you live in Ontario you can apply for OHIP now and your medical coverage will start 3 months after your AIP was granted. now they are checking your criminal history and as soon as they complete your security and backround check they will schedual landing interview for you. I don't know how long it will take them to do that, it realy depends on case and office.
good luck to you!!!

Posted By: huma
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:57am

guys what happened with other side

Posted By: moschino
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:58am
heh huma where u from ,pak

-------------
moschino

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:59am
lahore but i live in toronto

Posted By: moschino
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:00am
so isnt to0 early in de morning ,whats ur case .i m from india

-------------
moschino

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 8:05am
hi babyboy plz let us know abt ur landing interview?i hope  everything will be ok.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:06am

Landing interview is nothing to worry about. It wont even take 5 mins. LOL

It's on the 17th of December.

And yes everything will be OK. It's just a landing Interview LOL

Posted By: waiting19772009
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:07am
Hello everyone! Good to see you all here... Hope all is well with you all... congrats to those who got their PR and Good luck to those waiting in line for their process to get over!... Im still waiting for  mine.... Just Called CIC on friday and they told me that for them to call me for an interview after DM it could take up to 14 months and I was not v. happy to hear about thatAngry... anyone has a clue to when  the mississauga office call us for an interview after DM...., I got my DM on Oct 8 2009... am frustrated.... cant seem to wait any longer!

Posted By: farah_zameendar
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:04pm

Phewww!Handshake

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by babyboy babyboy wrote:

how come it takes  them forever to complete the background check? it only took them 2 weeks to complete my background check. That is odd. I guess it's really case to case basis..Next week is my landing interview. Im happy this process is already Ovah!!After 24 months I'm applying for my citizenship. I can't wait for that!!SmileSmile

Background checks are valid for 18 months. In my case they expired longggggggg time back (Nov 06-Aug 09= 34 months ) so CIC had to redo them whereas in your case the overall time from applying to AIP was about 18-19 months so I believe it was faster for u.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by spring98 spring98 wrote:

it' s over now!!!!!! interview was stressful but painless =)) the IO just asked us few simple questions if i work, who is supporting me  and if i was ever on social assistance, then she asked me to check if all the information is correct (name, date of birth, address etc.) and just stapled my passport  and here i am - new permanent resident of Canada !!!!!!They thought that I did not pay my landing fee, I had to show them my invoice that I already payed.   I suggest to everyone, that if you payed, to bring your invoice to show them that.

Many Congratulations! you must be in ALL SMILES NOW

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by delmazo delmazo wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">hi everyone sorry it took me a while to find the website anyways i just want to let everyone know that today i received a letter from immigration saying that   "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status however a finAL Decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. these requirements include medical, security and background checks"  does anyone know whats going to happen next? did i receive AIP?  anyone knows how long it takes for the proccess to finish after all this stuff?

pls if anyone knows anything of what happens after i would love to hear from you

Congratulations it is AIP , Be relaxed. I have updated our sheet on first page.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by waiting19772009 waiting19772009 wrote:

Hello everyone! Good to see you all here... Hope all is well with you all... congrats to those who got their PR and Good luck to those waiting in line for their process to get over!... Im still waiting for  mine.... Just Called CIC on friday and they told me that for them to call me for an interview after DM it could take up to 14 months and I was not v. happy to hear about thatAngry... anyone has a clue to when  the mississauga office call us for an interview after DM...., I got my DM on Oct 8 2009... am frustrated.... cant seem to wait any longer!

Mississauga is not slow. From AIP to PR it is a short journey from what I have seen (about 2 - 2.5 months) CIC call centre agents just say that ALL THE TIME but HOPE FOR THE BEST, only U can do it.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Sadhu Sadhu wrote:

Mississauga is not slow. From AIP to PR it is a short journey from what I have seen (about 2 - 2.5 months) CIC call centre agents just say that ALL THE TIME but HOPE FOR THE BEST, only U can do it.

We were 16 months from AIP to invitation for interview...then within a week received the non-approval. That is not fast...

-------------
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Originally posted by Sadhu Sadhu wrote:

We were 16 months from AIP to invitation for interview...then within a week received the non-approval. That is not fast...

So sorry to hear that. But two of my friends and few members on this forum had it during the timeframe that I mentioned.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:32pm
Sorry to hear about tchgi13!.... I know how frustarating that would be ...will pray for everyone! Sadhuthanks for the reply and helping me boost my spirits a bit... otherwise i was completely losing hope!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:39pm
@waiting:

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I no one else has to wait that long for an outcome.

-------------
tgchi ~

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 7:05am
sadu, i m also waiting sooooooooo long  no response. cic just making crazy they took almost 8 months to complete my background  check now they are checking my police cert. from my backhome they sent  for veryfication  oct2009 now two months gone still waiting......

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by huma huma wrote:

sadu, i m also waiting sooooooooo long  no response. cic just making crazy they took almost 8 months to complete my background  check now they are checking my police cert. from my backhome they sent  for veryfication  oct2009 now two months gone still waiting......

Yeah that's true, dont know why I am also getting scared thinking if they might take more than April 2010.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
Have you tried going thru the local MP? Just might help to expadite yur  case!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:54pm
not yet.i will wait atleast 4 months .

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:18am

everyone is quite lolz

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm
no news yet.....

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 8:13am
We received your application for permanent residence on June 5, 2008.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 30, 2008.

We transferred your application to the Scarborough office on November 26, 2008. The Scarborough office may contact you.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

hey they just added this two lines to the website when they say medical results have been received that means i dont have to get them done again rigth? is everything almost done?
i was not 18 when i was in mexico so that means the background check wont take to long right? i was 15 when i left to come to canada

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 8:34am
Is that really what is says? They transfered it to Scarborough four days before they received it?   Your typo or there mistake I wonder.

I'd say yes on the Mexico back ground check if you meant under 18, and not necessarily on the medical - depends on whether your previous one had expired.

I either way good luck - hope they decided in your favor.

-------------
tgchi ~

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
WinkToday at 8AM, I did my Landing Interview at Scarbprough LOCAL OFFICE. The interview didn't even take 5 minutes....Smile

Anyways, I am All done.. Waiting for MY PR card in 8 weeks (at most)

24 Months from Now.. I am applying for MY citizenship. (I LOOK FORWARD TO BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN; BIG TIME! LOL) 

SO see you all guys at the Citizenship Forum.

Smile

For all Of you guys who are waiting still.. Hold on tight. One day your waiting will be over

Sorry guys if i dont sound so excited. LOL.  If i got my PR 6 months after i submitted my APPLICATION, I could have been Happier  and EXCITed. Im kinda NUMB now coz of the 20 MONTHS waiting time.

At any rate, It's all GOOD..

SmileTongue

Posted By: tired11
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:36pm

Congrats babyboy !

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm

merci a vous !

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:38pm
congrats......

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:52am
the timeline i posted it was only the one since they transfered my file to scarborough not from before.
i just received a letter from them yesterday saying  that my medical examination is passed
background check is passed
i have to just do the police clearance certificate from mexico
its so confusing Confused i hope it wont take to long to get them cuz i only have 30 days to send it to them thats what it says on the paper

Posted By: siki1
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 8:51am
hi guys this is siki .welll the new one is so cofusing .still waiting for something form cic here is my timeline pplied for inland on aug 2008 .
file transfered to missiuga on feb 2009
and now still waiting
well congrats to all who got there aip and pr

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 11:55am

Mmmm.... Delmazo, did you not provide CIC with your Mexican police clearance before? 

We provided CIC with my husband's police clearances from US (State and FBI) and Mexico with our initial package way back in 2007.

And when CIC requested for 6-months worth of updated documentation to establish that our relationship is still continuing as they were ready to issue us AIP back in June 2009, they did not request for new police clearances. 

Does this mean we will have to get new police clearances once again once his background check is completed? From what we gather, CIC only ordered for background check to commence in September/October 2009 and it is still in process.

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 6:43am

yes thats for sure they will ask u .

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 6:47am
guys take your times make sure u get original p.certificate from ur backhome because they do check its  real or not. i had this problem anyways now they are checking my police cert. from backhome now its almost 3 months still i m waiting.

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:48pm
We received your application for permanent residence on February 27, 2008.

We started processing your application on March 19, 2008.

We received the requested information on May 21, 2008. Thank you for providing the information.

We transferred your application to the Scarborough office on August 15, 2008. The Scarborough office may contact you.

We sent you a letter on September 17, 2009 to XXXXXXXX, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp - contact us .
(AIP)

November 9, 2009
(Decision MADE- PR APPLICATION APPROVED)

You entered Canada at the Scarborough office on December 17, 2009 and became a Permanent Resident.
(LANDING INTERVIEW)

ECAS STATUS: COMPLETE

Smile after 20 MOnths of long  wait (sigh).. I'm all done now with my PR. Next is Citizenship!

Smile

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 4:28pm
congrats!

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:29pm

I had appplied for a study permit in November as I had been admitted to the University of Toronto and am supposed to start in Jan, 2010. I justgot a refusal of the study permit today... the cic refused the  application because they said that I was supposed to apply for it from my home country... how ridiculous is that when I have applied for immigration under spousal calss  in Canada and when I recieved my AIP they said clearly that now I was eligible to apply for a study permit from within canada.

Its been 2.5 months since DM has been made on my PR Application and I still havent recieved any calls for landing Interview! Also my status as a visitor expires on 10Feb 2010.I have to do something about my extension real soon and to deal with the study permit refusal.... just really frustrating!
Can any one help! Please ....I just dont know what to do!......What is going on with CIC????I dont understand!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:02am
That is so ODD that they denied you for a STUDY PERMIT , and yet you already have your AIP. That is so wrong. Did u called Immigration about that? It must have been a MIStake on their end..\

Could u pls post your Timeline?

ThankS!

PS i feel your pain about the WAITING AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS ITS SO FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT a very long time to get OUR PR

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:21am
congr....... baby boy

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:23am
hi babyboy,   
 You r very lucky 20 months nothing  i m waiting almost now 32 months .

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:16am
Thanks Huma,

My Time line:

Application Recieved Aug 10 2008
Started Processing: Sept 10 2008
AIP :Feb 10 2009
March: submitted my son's birth Certificate Thankyou for providing us with this document
April: Asked for my work update since the time I came to Canada; Thankyou for providing us with the update
October The immigration Officer called to find out if my husband( Who sponsered me) was with me as he was on a business trip since a couple of months and the immigration was aware of that. I updated them that he was to arrive in Nov and he did. He is working here now.This was on the 8th of October and my status was changed to DM on that date.... the immigration officer said that my application looked good and there were no delays.....Its been 2.5 months since DM and I still havent recieved any calls for landing interview from them....except when i applied for a study permit they gave me a refusal!....17 months now and still nothing!.... pretty frustrating!

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by babyboy babyboy wrote:

WinkToday at 8AM, I did my Landing Interview at Scarbprough LOCAL OFFICE. The interview didn't even take 5 minutes....Smile

Anyways, I am All done.. Waiting for MY PR card in 8 weeks (at most)

24 Months from Now.. I am applying for MY citizenship. (I LOOK FORWARD TO BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN; BIG TIME! LOL) 

SO see you all guys at the Citizenship Forum.

Smile

For all Of you guys who are waiting still.. Hold on tight. One day your waiting will be over

Sorry guys if i dont sound so excited. LOL.  If i got my PR 6 months after i submitted my APPLICATION, I could have been Happier  and EXCITed. Im kinda NUMB now coz of the 20 MONTHS waiting time.

At any rate, It's all GOOD..

SmileTongue

Many Congratulations Thanks for sharing

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:17pm

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">I had appplied for a study permit in November as I had been admitted to the University of Toronto and am supposed to start in Jan, 2010. I justgot a refusal of the study permit today... the cic refused the  application because they said that I was supposed to apply for it from my home country... how ridiculous is that when I have applied for immigration under spousal calss  in Canada and when I recieved my AIP they said clearly that now I was eligible to apply for a study permit from within canada.

Its been 2.5 months since DM has been made on my PR Application and I still havent recieved any calls for landing Interview! Also my status as a visitor expires on 10Feb 2010.I have to do something about my extension real soon and to deal with the study permit refusal.... just really frustrating!

Can any one help! Please ....I just dont know what to do!......What is going on with CIC????I dont understand!

Couple of things here,

1. Did you attach the AIP letter along with study permit application?
2. Did you send it to the right unit number in Vegreville?

I would suggest you call the Immigration and tell them their situation. If you have a consultant or lawyer helping you out then seek their assistance. This is really strange that they refused.

Regarding PR application:
Where do you see DECISION MADE? Under your client ID or under your spouse's id?

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:16pm
Hello saddu!

I did everything right... when I called the CIC today they told me that this was a mistake on their part and That I will get a study permit by next month Hopefully! If I dont then I should give them a call again!
As for your answer to the second question I have seen DM under both my husband and my status on the ECAS! and its been 2.5 months since DM has been made!

I had given my case to the MP mississauga and after 3 weeks  today he told me that he had recieved an update from CPC Mississauga and as far as my case is concerned it has been delayed for another 12-14 months!.... I was so disappointed to hear that the reaseon he said was because when the immigration officer  called me in October she asked me if my husband was here with me and I told her that he was due to return in Nov and he did.... Now he's is here and working in Toronto....However, the CIC wanted him to be here all throughout the time that he had sponsered me.....The MP said it was a good thing that my Husband is here with me now.... otherwise they would have even refused my case.... He was going to update CPC Mississauga of his return and for them to call me for an interview it will take another 12-14 months or could be before that too but no one knows!..... cant wait further... its soooo frustrating.... its nearly been 2 years since I've been In canada.... Had plans to go for a vacation and now Im stuck here!

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 7:46pm

Hello saddu!

I did everything right... when I called the CIC today they told me that this was a mistake on their part and That I will get a study permit by next month Hopefully! If I dont then I should give them a call again!

As for your answer to the second question I have seen DM under both my husband and my status on the ECAS! and its been 2.5 months since DM has been made!

I had given my case to the MP mississauga and after 3 weeks  today he told me that he had recieved an update from CPC Mississauga and as far as my case is concerned it has been delayed for another 12-14 months!.... I was so disappointed to hear that the reaseon he said was because when the immigration officer  called me in October she asked me if my husband was here with me and I told her that he was due to return in Nov and he did.... Now he's is here and working in Toronto....However, the CIC wanted him to be here all throughout the time that he had sponsered me.....The MP said it was a good thing that my Husband is here with me now.... otherwise they would have even refused my case.... He was going to update CPC Mississauga of his return and for them to call me for an interview it will take another 12-14 months or could be before that too but no one knows!..... cant wait further... its soooo frustrating.... its nearly been 2 years since I've been In canada.... Had plans to go for a vacation and now Im stuck here!

That is highly dissapointing

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:06pm
I know Sandhu!

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:44pm
sadu today i called cic they said we r still waiting response from embassy u just haveto waiting u dont have to call everymonth they are so mean.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:43pm
Well most of the people who works for the Goverment are Mean! LOL

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 4:53am
o ya this is funny

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 9:27pm
Oh Well, what can we say but you know what when my lawyer called cic to find out what is happening with my BC checks, they (CIC) themselves were concerned about my checks taking this long. So the officer who is handling my case said she will call csic to check again. Hope fully I will have some news by next couple of weeks.

I have past the BF date of Dec 20 and my next BF date is Feb 20 2010. Lets c how new year is going to be for me????

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Posted By: Sadia
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 4:34am
Hi,
Got you finally here. I am dia35, the name has some problem......so new registration name.

Sadhu what is BF date?

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Sadia Sadia wrote:

Hi, Got you finally here. I am dia35, the name has some problem......so new registration name.Sadhu what is BF date?

BF=Bring Forward date, that is when they open the file next.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 1:04pm
that means we all have BF dates and that every 2 months they open our file again....????

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:00pm
That's good at least they will open. But who told you its 20 for you?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 7:23pm
are you asking me????then no one told me ... this is what sadhu is stating!

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:19pm

that means we all have BF dates and that every 2 months they open our file again....????

Not really. You will get to know your BF date in FOSS notes. It is hand written by VO or File Maintenance dept people in charge.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:20pm

That's good at least they will open. But who told you its 20 for you?

It is in my FOSS notes. I had ordered one and recd a week back.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:22pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010.
May 2010 be a year filled with Joy and Prosperity.
Happy New Year

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:33pm
may u guys GET UR PR THIS 2010

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 6:53am

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYSSSS

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 11:02am
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONEParty

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 12:00pm
Happy New year to you all... May we all get out PR status in this Year.... By the Will of God!.....Hopefully!

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 4:34pm
Hi another question Sadhu.
 If i will apply for study permit, is it ok for part time study and what about the fee is it regular or international?
Before i was just waiting for the PR card but now i am thinking to get study permit, as PR process is taking very long.

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 6:09pm
I have been in the same situation.....If you are married to a cannadian citizen or if you have your AIP then the fees  charged  of you will be that  a local citizen would pay.... at least this is what UFT does.....but check with yur institute.... as far as yur study permit is concerned you can apply for it after you get AIP. They made a mistake in my case for which they apologised and they said that they will send me my study permit soon!

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 9:00pm

Hi another question Sadhu. If i will apply for study permit, is it ok for part time study and what about the fee is it regular or international?Before i was just waiting for the PR card but now i am thinking to get study permit, as PR process is taking very long.   

As long as you are NOT a PR you will be charged fees as what the international student pays. 2.5 times more.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 9:30pm
Not necessairly Sandhu have a look at this article from the University of Toronto Website.... Since I have been admitted to it this applies to me and since this university does this Im asuming the other universities would be having rules similiar to UFT.

sadia Please read this!

International Fee Exemptions  

If you are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you must pay the international student fee unless you are exempt in one of the categories defined below. If you qualify for and claim exemption under one of these provisions, you must present supporting documentation to your Registrar's Office at the beginning of the session. For all categories of exemption: Where the status of an exempt international student changes part way through his/her program of study due to circumstances beyond the student’s control (eg. the dependant of a diplomat whose parent is reassigned to another country), the student may continue as exempt until completion of that program.

'Status in Canada' Exemptions

All international students qualifying for exemption under these provisions pay the domestic fee:

• students who are (or who are dependents of, or who are staff members of) diplomatic or consular officers, or representatives or officials of other countries, or of the United Nations (or any of its agencies), or of any intergovernmental organizations of which Canada is a member, and who, with official accreditation from the Government of Canada, have entered Canada or are in Canada to carry out their official duties; or a member of a foreign military force or of a civilian component thereof, and any dependents of such personnel, admitted to Canada under the Visiting Forces Act. 

• students who are dependents of Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada. 

• students who are (or who are dependents of) persons who have applied for permanent resident status may qualify for exemption if they have met all the preliminary immigration requirements for permanent resident status (i.e. have received preliminary/provisional acceptance/approval, or approval-in-principle). 

• students who are (or who are dependents of) visitors who are authorized to work in Canada having been issued a work permit.  Note 1) Visitors who are graduate teaching or research assistants are excluded from this category. Note 2) Students holding the Citizenship & Immigration Canada Off-Campus Work Permit are not eligible for this exemption.

• students who are (or who are dependents of) persons who: a)have been determined to be protected persons, including Convention refugees or persons in need of protection; b) are refugee claimants who applied to the Federal Government for Convention Refugee status prior to January 1, 1989. 

• students participating in an Ontario government-sponsored exchange agreement (e.g. participants in the Ontario-Jiangsu Academic Exchange Agreement between the Ontario Ministry of Education and Training and the Higher Education Bureau of Jiangsu Province, China). 

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 1:51pm
Thank you Waiting19772009 and Sadhu.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:39pm
yur welcome!

Posted By: MrFreedomHeart
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 1:32pm
Ouchi got my AIP already and i applied for my OHIP right away, but when i applied for my working permit thru e-cas online application they asked me for the expiration date of my status while i just received my AIP last nov 17 2009 from cic scarborough but no expiration date of my status,  is anyone out their have the same situation, thanks for your reply and advise in advance

-------------
success is not the key to happiness but hapiness is the key to success

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 10:50pm
How come....exp date is the date that you get extended so that you may live legally in Canada till you become a PR. It has to be there on the doc that CIC has given to you it is not AIP but a seperate piece of paper for which you apply seperately in Canada or it may be given to you at the time of entery into Canada ie an airport. Check it and if you dont have it then you should call the cic call center and let them know about it... they are usually very helpful in guiding you. I just applied for my study permit and initially they made a mistake and refused my study permit, but when I called the cic center for clarification he apologised and I got my Permit in 2 weeks.  On this paper  it specifies that I  may live in canada till Dec 31 2010 and can study in Canada in any Post Secondary institution.
Hope this is helpful to you!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 9:54am
Hi,
 Do i have to apply for the extension of  work permit after six months ( as visitor  visa) or is it ok for one year( the paper said it is for one year).

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 10:37am
waiting..... thanks for your advice, and i just made a call @ CIC scarborough to inquire about the expiration date and they will give me an update of my status of expiration within 5 days, thanks again for your reply....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:14pm
hi sadu, do u think if i order caips and foss notes how long they will take?
Is there any help if i order caips and foss notes ?

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:58pm

Hi,  Do i have to apply for the extension of  work permit after six months ( as visitor  visa) or is it ok for one year( the paper said it is for one year).

Hey Sadia,

I guess you have your work permit now valid until Sept/Oct 2010. You will have to apply for extention closer to that period (like 2-3 months before it expires. There is no need to maintain more than one status.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by huma huma wrote:

hi sadu, do u think if i order caips and foss notes how long they will take?
Is there any help if i order caips and foss notes ?

It took over 2 weeks for me to get it before holidays. Send it to St clair office, they might send it to scarborough office.

A lady from scarb office called me to confirm if I requested one and suggested me to get my sponsor's details too. For that I had to fax her a letter to grant her permission to do so.

Getting FOSS is a good idea, it tells u the BF date (date when your file be reopened again).

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:05am

thx sadu.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:40am
hi sadia...if your work permit says tha its valid for a year then I agree with Sadhu and you dont need to renew it until after a year!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 5:10pm
Thanx Sadu and Waiting,
 Sadu what kind of clarification they need  to check the back ground check? How you ordered the FOSS notes? 

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 6:50pm
Hi Sadia,

I think they check the schooling, work and address verification where you lived. Not too sure about it, just guessing.

Send in the one page request to CIC St Clair office. Mail them the filled out form.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 3:04pm
hello to evreybody,

is anyone outhere have the same situation with me waiting for the PR, i already recieved my AIP last nov 17,2009 and they send a letter again nov 23, 2009 asking for the PR fee and other document to finalize the decision, i submitted all of them completely including my Police clearance and they recieved Dec 10, 2009.  my question is how long will it take before they finalize the decision and award the PR. i appreciate any information that will give me a peace of mind. before i forgot here is my time line;

We received your application for permanent residence on January 15, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 9, 2009.

We received the requested information on July 15, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

We transferred your application to the Scarborough office on August 12, 2009. The Scarborough office may contact you.

We sent you a letter on November 17, 2009 to xxxxxxx Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp - contact us .

-------------

Posted By: gentleaura
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 4:19am
Hello all, 

Can someone tell me how to go about filling out the FOSS Notes form, do I need to make a copy of my D/L to prove my "person in canada" request? They are getting really annoying.. I need to know whats up with my case(s).
Did medicals for almost 2 months that they've received it now and Scarborough is still mute regarding the other application arrggghhh

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:00am
Hi guys,
any updates? How is the new year been? Where is mfeq?

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:01am
Originally posted by gentleaura gentleaura wrote:

Hello all, 
Can someone tell me how to go about filling out the FOSS Notes form, do I need to make a copy of my D/L to prove my "person in canada" request? They are getting really annoying.. I need to know whats up with my case(s).
Did medicals for almost 2 months that they've received it now and Scarborough is still mute regarding the other application arrggghhh

What is DL? FOSS is a one page form.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:35pm

Hey Sadhu,

Been absent from this forum as our firm relocated to a brand new building and that just threw me all off with schedules and routines.  With the new wave of less space, more compact, I lost my gigantic office and now have a work station that has very little privacy so I now seldom open up any PC screens that are not for work.

We have not had any new development with my husband's application since they requested for additional documentation relating to my husband's arrest/charge for being illegal in the US prior to coming to Canada.  CIC call centre has confirmed that the review of the documents sent are in the works but I have not bothered to enquire with respect to the status of my husband's background/security checks since I anticipate that process would take forever.

I can almost not bring myself to even hope for my husband getting his PR this year ... all I hope and intensely pray for is that he gets his PR.

Hang in there Sadhu.  You've got a pristine record so its just a matter of time getting to the end of the whole process. Cheers to all !!!

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by mfeq mfeq wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Hey Sadhu,

Been absent from this forum as our firm relocated to a brand new building and that just threw me all off with schedules and routines.  With the new wave of less space, more compact, I lost my gigantic office and now have a work station that has very little privacy so I now seldom open up any PC screens that are not for work.

We have not had any new development with my husband's application since they requested for additional documentation relating to my husband's arrest/charge for being illegal in the US prior to coming to Canada.  CIC call centre has confirmed that the review of the documents sent are in the works but I have not bothered to enquire with respect to the status of my husband's background/security checks since I anticipate that process would take forever.

I can almost not bring myself to even hope for my husband getting his PR this year ... all I hope and intensely pray for is that he gets his PR.

Hang in there Sadhu.  You've got a pristine record so its just a matter of time getting to the end of the whole process. Cheers to all !!!

Oh I see.......

I should not be saying this but..............to be honest, it's getting very frustrating leading to undesirable atmosphere at home and elsewhere, where we ONLY talk abt this IMMIGRATION!

Who ever sees me here ask me "so when are you going home?" and who ever talks to me over phone from back home ask "when are you coming home?" in addition to "why is it takng this long and that too for Canada"..............

I am TIRED

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Posted By: gentleaura
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:49am
QUOTE=Sadhu]

Hello all, 

What is DL? FOSS is a one page form.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know its only a page form... My question is about the identity... and D/L is Driver's License... Just as a proof of my "person in canada" request!! Thats what I am not clear about

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:34pm
Understand the frustration you are going through .... have a good weekend ...

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:16pm

QUOTE=Sadhu]

Hello all, 

What is DL? FOSS is a one page form.

Yeah I know its only a page form... My question is about the identity... and D/L is Driver's License... Just as a proof of my "person in canada" request!! Thats what I am not clear about
[/QUOTE]

DL is not required as a proof, as you already submit your client id.

-------------
Regards,
Sandhu

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:05am

Any one got a landing interview call???

Print Page | Close Window